Author Topic: 東方桃源宮 ~ Riverbed Soul Saver Phantasm Stage + 東方白塵記 ~ White Names Spoiled Past EX  (Read 43797 times)

As it seems there's been no mention of it in the forums and the original thread seems to have died, I think this is an important announcement regarding these fangames:

Ido/NRT et al. announced the release of a Phantasm stage for 東方桃源宮 ~ Riverbed Soul Saver and the extra stage of 東方白塵記 ~ White Names Spoiled Past at some point during this month according to Google Translate.

Announcement and screenshots at http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2015/01/2015-a522.html. Elfin Mint?

I knew there was a reason for the first release of the RSS OST to skip tracks 14-17...

What's the appropriate resonse for this? "AAAAAH!!!", "HYPE!!!", or "SQUEEEE!!!"?

Relly, though, that's fantastic! Maybe now we'll get our Cthulu. If the midboss isn't Ruri I think I might cry- but those ice crystals in the screenshot are a good sign. And hey, Elfin's back too, that's cool.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Ha HA!  Now if only the fifth maingame difficulty will come out for RSS...

I have no idea what WNSP is going to do with its Extra, but if it isn't so absurd that it forces stage bombs every seven seconds, it's not showing the mechanic off correctly.

From the screenshot... it seems that Elfin Mint is just a mid-boss...  ;) Hopefully the EX and Phantasm will be released soon...!

Seems like they have released the expected dates for the respective updates of  RSS Phantasm and WNSP EX...

http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2015/01/phex-a6e2.html

WNSP EX - 24th Jan 2015

RSS Phantasm - 31st Jan 2015

Ruri is back... o.o

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Ruri looks nice in that picture without all the sealing tags on her. I wonder if this means the Phantasm boss is Ruri's old master?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Maple

• Mukyuu!
What about this:

The Phantasm boss is Cirno. She being stage 1 "midboss" was foreshadowing. Ruri's ability is to freeze anything, moar foreshadowing. Cirno is the one smart enough to unseal Ruri.

Next on RSS: Cirno makes a genocide against Gensokyo, the first ones on the list are the ones who called her a baka and used a liberation in front of her, obliterating her before she could throw some danmaku.

Spoiler:
jk
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:23:28 AM by Maple »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Ruri looks nice in that picture without all the sealing tags on her. I wonder if this means the Phantasm boss is Ruri's old master?
Ruri's old master was heavily implied to be Yukari.

From this perspective, I can see that's not Letty's pin she's wearing, but it is a similar design rather unfortunately placed.

I noticed too that... on the background of the screenshot shown... it's somewhat similar to that of Stage 3...

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Ruri reminds me Eirin there :P

Tomorrow is day to play WNSP  :toot:
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Ruri reminds me Eirin there :P
Really? I'm thinking of Keine.
Tomorrow is day to play WNSP  :toot:
:toot: :toot:
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Here's WNSP v1.02α, which contains the Extra stage.

You can transfer your previous version data by copying the "data" folder from root/script/Th_wnsp into the same place in the new version.

And, since the spoiler guidelines are no longer in effect, this is the solution to the mystery so Extra can be unlocked:

PART 1 - Timeline
Spoiler:
Sanae Lap 1 - Green 1___
Reimu Lap 1 - Red 1______
Marisa Lap 1 - Blue 1__
Marisa Lap 2 - Blue 2______
Reimu Lap 2 - Red 2__
Sanae Lap 2 - Green 2_________

PART 2 - Culprit
Spoiler:
Shiragiku (Purple)___
Shiragiku (Purple)____
Shiragiku (Purple)_______
Shiragiku (Purple)__
Resolved (Yellow)____
Resolved (Yellow)______

I haven't played the Extra yet, so etc.

---------

Having played the Extra--

WNSP was received as a meh game but I think the Extra stage was worth the experience.  It's really pretty, and it makes good use of the mechanic.  The difficulty goes up quite a bit for the last part, but I just barely failed on my first run because the tactical bombing mechanic gives you so many resources.  I sense that the boss attacks are mostly easier than they look, but you still have to take them seriously.

Also, the fifth and tenth spell cards are different based on which protagonist you're using.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:03:04 PM by ?q »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I've yet to actually play the extra, but I did try putting the mystery together before the answer was released. I was right on the timeline, but I was wrong in thinking that
Spoiler:
the incident was caused by anyone else but Shiragiku. I KNEW she was largely responsible for Minayu's memory loss, but I should have figured she was responsible from the get go instead of thinking responsibility was transfered from her to Tobiku to Minayu. I feel kinda dumb now.

Looking forward to trying the Extra later!

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
I've yet to actually play the extra, but I did try putting the mystery together before the answer was released. I was right on the timeline, but I was wrong in thinking that
Spoiler:
the incident was caused by anyone else but Shiragiku. I KNEW she was largely responsible for Minayu's memory loss, but I should have figured she was responsible from the get go instead of thinking responsibility was transfered from her to Tobiku to Minayu. I feel kinda dumb now.

Looking forward to trying the Extra later!
Spoiler:
It makes sense because at one point Minayu says that the incident had to be caused deliberately, and at the time she didn't have agency.  Plus, under spell card rules if the person responsible for the incident is defeated, they have to stop the incident... but Shiragiku is never defeated until after the incident is resolved (and Shiragiku is around at that time anyway).

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Spoiler:
Makes sense. I figured that on Marisa's second lap, when the incident was resolved, either Minayu or Shiragiku had to be the one responsible, Minayu because she just got defeated, or Shiragiku because she could have ended the incident as Minayu was defeated in order to shift the blame. My prior guesses were made under similar logic, but I should have realized such things as Shiragiku mentioning Tobiku's experiments and all if her actions across the game were to make it look like she was the hero resolving the incident when it was her fault from the start.

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
I only started WNSP like two days ago and have little grasp on the story but I have to say I like the atmosphere of the extra stage (not quite at the boss as of this post).

Edit: Just cleared it. Mesarthim seal of approval.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:59:14 PM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
I'm still kinda hoping we get an English patch for this.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
Are you supposed to figure something about the story? There's an option called Logical Practice that just shows all the dialogue.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Are you supposed to figure something about the story? There's an option called Logical Practice that just shows all the dialogue.
Yes.  The game bills itself as a mystery+shmup.  To unlock Extra you need to reveal the order of the scenarios and who the culprit(s) are at any given point.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
Yes.  The game bills itself as a mystery+shmup.  To unlock Extra you need to reveal the order of the scenarios and who the culprit(s) are at any given point.

Shoot, I'd better study Japanese a lot more.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Shoot, I'd better study Japanese a lot more.
The scenarios have finally been translated on the wiki; that might be quicker~

Uruwi

• 478 million goober

Do you think I'm a heretic?!
You dirty little dog, I'm going into your house and master sparking your feces-laden posterior![/sarcasm]
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
One definitely feels harder than the other...

Spoiler:
Azuma is so damn hard in comparison, and she can even come first on some shot types! Luckily I use either Reimu A or Sanae B, both of which have Mihana first, who feels easier imo)

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*

I dunno; I'd much prefer a patch.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
I dunno; I'd much prefer a patch.
I'd prefer actually knowing Japanese, except that I prefer being spoon-fed for that stuff.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
One definitely feels harder than the other...

Spoiler:
Azuma is so damn hard in comparison, and she can even come first on some shot types! Luckily I use either Reimu A or Sanae B, both of which have Mihana first, who feels easier imo)
Agreed. 
Spoiler:
Actually it's more that Kayano is so easy that she has to outsource to some other character for some challenge.
  Talking of, I'm really tired of that spell card ruining my runs.

Spoiler:
Also, I tried ReimuA once (admittedly once) and had a lot of trouble.  Kayano's last spell is definitely harder for Reimu than Sanae; is it true for the other exclusive spell card as well?

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
Agreed. 
Spoiler:
Actually it's more that Kayano is so easy that she has to outsource to some other character for some challenge.
  Talking of, I'm really tired of that spell card ruining my runs.

Spoiler:
Also, I tried ReimuA once (admittedly once) and had a lot of trouble.  Kayano's last spell is definitely harder for Reimu than Sanae; is it true for the other exclusive spell card as well?

Spoiler:
Honestly I haven't put much practice into learning Azuna's final for Sanae. I've after 10~ tries I got the pattern down for Azuna's final on Reimu (it destroys you without proper pathing).  Sanae's version isn't downright awful but i only usually get just beyond the first loop of the pattern until the green bullets get mixed in. I actuallu am relatively decent at OH GOD FIRE SWORD DEATH now. I'm almost thinking Reimu has it easier for Azuna's final spell if you know how to misdirect it.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Spoiler:
Honestly I haven't put much practice into learning Azuna's final for Sanae. I've after 10~ tries I got the pattern down for Azuna's final on Reimu (it destroys you without proper pathing).  Sanae's version isn't downright awful but i only usually get just beyond the first loop of the pattern until the green bullets get mixed in. I actuallu am relatively decent at OH GOD FIRE SWORD DEATH now. I'm almost thinking Reimu has it easier for Azuna's final spell if you know how to misdirect it.
Spoiler:
The first bit, with the orange bullets, is the toughest part when you're also watching for green walls.  I think you can see where a wall is coming and then move while the orange bullets are spawning so you can ensure that you don't get pinned.  Once you've got that out of the way you just need to stay under Azuma until she drops - the sooner the better because the snake goes wherever the hell it wants, including but not limited to directly at you from beneath the screen.

Also, eventually I'm going to figure out which names I want to use for these people.  <.<

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
Spoiler:
The first bit, with the orange bullets, is the toughest part when you're also watching for green walls.  I think you can see where a wall is coming and then move while the orange bullets are spawning so you can ensure that you don't get pinned.  Once you've got that out of the way you just need to stay under Azuma until she drops - the sooner the better because the snake goes wherever the hell it wants, including but not limited to directly at you from beneath the screen.

Also, eventually I'm going to figure out which names I want to use for these people.  <.<

Here's the Reimu one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo-S10sjCko

It's really not so bad.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I gave the Extra a blind run with ReimuA, made it to the second boss's survival. I like this Extra a lot, it feels in my opinion more like taking on two final bosses one after the other than the usual Extra boss procedure, which is a nice mixup.