Author Topic: 新約・東方幻想殺 ~ Re.Phantasmagoria of Imagine Breaker.  (Read 24976 times)

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
A full game made in Danmakufu ph3, created by gore-san, released December 31st

It is a mashup of Touhou and A Certain Magical Index, and a remake of one of his older work, 東方幻想殺 ~ Phantasmagoria of Imagine Breaker.

The difficulty is slightly higher than usual, but that is because the game is generous with it's Cherry Border system (explained below)

Gameplay video part 1
Gameplay video part 2

http://www1.axfc.net/u/3385212?key=sogebu (Game Download Link)

If you have already downloaded 1.00c, please download this bugfix patch, as it solves an issue with the one of the EX boss's attack.
]http://www1.axfc.net/u/3385209?key=sogebu (Patch download link)

Replays from the previous version are not guaranteed to work.

Players are in teams, and can be switched by tapping Shift+Z together, or by tapping the V key.

Team Imagine: Reimu + Touma
Team Lightning: Marisa + Mikoto
Team Magician: Sakuya + Kuroko

A scoring system similar to DDC exists, where PoC'ing will grant you a score multiplier and a bomb or a life depending on how many items you collected. Items will also carry over for the next PoC in case you didn't collect enough.

The game also utilizes a Cherry Border system. A gauge on the bottom left will tell you your % of cherry. When you have at least 100%, you can press C to activate it. While it's activated, non spell resistant bullets within the border will be removed, and you will autocollect all items. When the border expires, you will generate many bomb and life fragments, depending on how many items you managed to collect. If you get struck by a bullet or prematurely cancel the border (by tapping the bomb key), then you will only generate 1 fragment (assuming you collected enough).

The Cherry Gauge can go up to 500%, and lasts 10 seconds at that point. You get about a second of invincibility when you initially activate it. Your character also gets a power boost, firing double their basic shot, in differing patterns based on which team you are using.

I'm sure there's more technical details, but you'll have to forgive me, as I can't read Japanese well. You can find the manual in-game.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:12:55 PM by gtbot »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: 新約・東方幻想殺 ~ Re.Phantasmagoria of Imagine Breaker.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:58:20 AM »
This seems really neat.

So do you want to save your hyper until it reaches 500% and then use it on lucrative areas or do you just want to spam it as soon as you reach 100%?

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 04:21:02 AM »
In my experience, using it at around 300%~ on areas with many enemy spawns will usually grant a one life and two bomb fragments, and then another life fragment from the PoC bonus. For scoring, you'll likely want to save up to 500% so you can get the most out of the multiplicative cherry bonus. For raw survival (during bosses), spamming it at 100% is not too bad of an idea, since with the increased damage and short invincibility + bullet clear, you can blaze through the boss spellcard.

One thing to note that I just found out, is that you can activate your Cherry Border before you complete a PoC bonus, and all the items will carry over into the Cherry Border bonus calculation

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 04:52:26 AM »
Oh, what an interesting mashup. I'll be sure to try it later.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 05:14:41 AM »
I remember playing the demo version of this, and finding it quite fun. Created a wiki page for the game, will populate later.

Also, there appear to be two extra stages. Haven't read enough code for the conditions yet.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 10:14:59 AM »
Ahem, when i click the given link it show the message:

ファイルが見つかりません

既にファイルが削除されたか、期限切れになったか、ダウンロード上限数に達した、若しくは誤ったURLが指定されています。
再度ご確認下さいますようお願い致します。

削除されたファイルの場合,投稿者からその理由についてお問い合わせ頂ければ原則としてお答えできます。

[note: the last sentence had  a link to mail to the website]

Below it has the note "Only japanese version available."

I had tried to download it yesterday, didn't have the message, but still couldn't do anything due to problems with connection.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 10:50:27 AM »
download:
404 not found
The file has been already deleted,expired, reached the download limit number, or incorrect URL is specified.
please check it again.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »
Replacement link, for now. AXFC's large downloads tend to expire really quickly. When this one expires, check the video part 1 to see if there's a new link.

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 01:05:46 PM »
He reuploaded the 1.00c patch, fixing a fatal flaw in one of the EX boss's spellcard. The link Arcorann sent is the reuploaded file. The bugfix patch, if you already have the game, can be found in the description of said download link, as well.

http://www1.axfc.net/u/3385212?key=sogebu (Game files)
]http://www1.axfc.net/u/3385209?key=sogebu (Bugfix patch)

Replays from the previous version are not guaranteed to work.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 03:41:11 PM »
Played it. I got murderized by stage 1 boss on normal. Took  easy mode. Used 3 continues, 2 on stage 5. Died in (probably) last spell of the game.

In general, the spellcards of non-touhou characters aren't so dense (ie. screen-filling), but are hella fast, took me by surprise.

Kind of off-topic, but could someone make a tl;dr for the premise of A Certain Magical Index?

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 04:34:34 PM »
In a city live people gifted with special abilities called espers amongst normal humans.
This city is on the forefront of science and technology, research and stuff (well, it is the forefront) but apart from the scientific field there also exists magic which is governed by religion.

A girl called Index who is basically a walking, living library for forbidding magic grimoires and is pursued by the religious people ends up in this city and is taken in by the "protagonist" Touma, shenanigans ensue.

The partner characters are said Touma who is practically an anti-esper in that he nullifies their abilities and magic (he possesses the "Imagine Breaker" after which this game is named), Misaka Mikoto - a particularly high-powered esper who deals with electricity and magnetism - and Kuroko who is able to teleport things around.

Also, the game crashed for me after beating the fourth stage (Magic Team). That was before applying the bug-fix but I haven't looked into it again yet.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 04:37:34 PM by Yookie »

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 09:00:09 PM »
Oh hey, I remember this.

I wonder is past the demo I played?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 09:04:11 PM »
So does the game lag for a second or two for anyone else when the "mist" effect would normally show up, even if you turn the mist effect off? It's been happening to me, and it's slightly annoying since it causes slowdown at times I don't want slowdown.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 07:23:15 AM »
@Arcorann

I'm curious, exactly how are you extracting the data from this game? I've been pining for a DAT extractor that just does it without questioning, where the Touhou Toolkit will not comply with the non-compatible programs.

I'm asking since I was curious as to seeing the extra content that first-time players will not see.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:33:33 AM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 07:50:31 AM »
The script files were left unpacked. Danmakufu ph3 uses a completely different format from what zun uses and from the achiever used in danmakufu 12m. The only thing that is packed is the bgm (which the links to every song are included in the game's root directory), and majority of the images. Also, unlike in 12m's archiever tool, ph3's does not include an option to extract the data. For obvious reasons...

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 08:15:07 AM »
The script files were left unpacked. Danmakufu ph3 uses a completely different format from what zun uses and from the achiever used in danmakufu 12m. The only thing that is packed is the bgm (which the links to every song are included in the game's root directory), and majority of the images. Also, unlike in 12m's archiever tool, ph3's does not include an option to extract the data. For obvious reasons...

That's rather peculiar, since all of the important bits are DATed...
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 06:03:25 PM »
Stage 6 boss is pretty much Yeshua Nazarenus 2.0: the return of the embodiment of lag: lag harder: now with a vengeance. Actually her nonspells are kind of  similar, plus the game has  inspiration in TD's music, and symbolism (not sure if serious or put for symbolism's sake) make it a close description.

In Reimu's team, her partner can delete bullets on focus mode. The anti-magical one guy i shoulda guess? Sure it is an OP power in a magical world, such as someone that could remove electricity from our society.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 07:06:11 PM »
That's rather peculiar, since all of the important bits are DATed...

They were packed of course, to protect from people stealing his work. The scripts have little use given his style of scripting is cluttered like ctc but not as bad as ctc.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 08:01:04 PM »
I give -10/10.

Most of the BGM are arrangements from ZUN's works, and the difficulty is too high relative to other games (I couldn't survive Stage 3 on Normal).
But most importantly, the game is terribly unoptimized. I turned off the boss effects, but the calculations still seem to be done, as the FPS frequently drops during bosses. Gore needs to give a horse *snip* about performance.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2015, 08:09:26 PM »
Yeah, I decided to give up trying to 1cc the game after getting to Stage 5 on Normal. Not even Len'en had as much of a difficulty spike in comparison to the Touhou games, and those games are definitely harder than most Touhou games. I want to like this game, but it needs work, especially in the performance area (you could turn off everything and it'll still lag on boss "charge-ups").

I didn't have a problem with the BGM (some of the arranges were nice), but the game itself... yeah, I don't have much motivation to actually beat it given how brutal it gets, even with border and bomb spam for lives.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 08:15:28 PM »
I might be able to patch the game so if boss effects are turned off, then the calculations aren't done at all.

Edit: at the bottom of stage/enemy/lib/lib_BossEffect.dnh:

Old
Code: [Select]
function boss_magic_circle(obj)
{
if(GetCommonData("BossStart",false)==true){ph3_PlaySE(SE_sndPOWER2);}
enemyMarker(obj);
SetMagicCircleTask(obj,Efftype_Touhou);
}
function boss_magic_circle_toaru(obj)
{
if(GetCommonData("BossStart",false)==true){ph3_PlaySE(SE_sndPOWER2);}
enemyMarker(obj);
SetMagicCircleTask(obj,Efftype_Toaru);
}

New

function boss_magic_circle(obj)
{
if(GetCommonData("BossStart",false)){ph3_PlaySE(SE_sndPOWER2);
enemyMarker(obj);
SetMagicCircleTask(obj,Efftype_Touhou);}
}
function boss_magic_circle_toaru(obj)
{
if(GetCommonData("BossStart",false)){ph3_PlaySE(SE_sndPOWER2);
enemyMarker(obj);
SetMagicCircleTask(obj,Efftype_Toaru);}
}

Unfortunately, that doesn't get rid of the FPS drop. This is the time when I need a profiler.

Edit II: I rolled back the change, since it didn't help at all. I'm completely clueless on what's slowing down the game.

Edit III: I found the culprit now!

// stage/enemy/lib/lib_BossEffect.dnh
function powerSave_th14(color)
{
if(!Obj_IsDeleted(objEnemy))
{
ph3_PlaySE(SE_sndPOWER);
let c = t_color[color];
let muki = -1;
ChageEffect(eX,eY,c[0],c[1],c[2],60);
if(eX>GetCenterX){muki=1;}

WaveEffect_th14E(objEnemy,muki,45,color);
WaveEffect_th14E(objEnemy,muki,45+36,EffColor_BLUE);
LeefConcentration(eX,eY,60);
ChageCircle(eX,eY,c[0],c[1],c[2],60,0);
dwait(90);
}
}
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:31:10 PM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 10:43:29 PM »
So... does that get deleted, or how would it get edited? *is looking at the file himself, and isn't sure where the issue in it is, but then again he doesn't understand the code fully*

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 10:52:42 PM »
So... does that get deleted, or how would it get edited? *is looking at the file himself, and isn't sure where the issue in it is, but then again he doesn't understand the code fully*

Put false && before Obj_IsDeleted(objEnemy).
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 02:54:38 AM »
Yeah, I decided to give up trying to 1cc the game after getting to Stage 5 on Normal. Not even Len'en had as much of a difficulty spike in comparison to the Touhou games, and those games are definitely harder than most Touhou games. I want to like this game, but it needs work, especially in the performance area (you could turn off everything and it'll still lag on boss "charge-ups").

I didn't have a problem with the BGM (some of the arranges were nice), but the game itself... yeah, I don't have much motivation to actually beat it given how brutal it gets, even with border and bomb spam for lives.

I disagree with you on the difficulty. The game is no where near as hard or cheap as the Len'en games. Not to mention the core gimmicks make it easy to 1cc with resources spamming. My only problem was the later bosses and their attacks being very similar to existing ones. I still find the game fun though.

Anyway, I have notified the author of the game of the performance issue and this thread.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 03:43:35 AM »
Any word on the unlock conditions? The Last Words got me particularly interested, especially since these are the only cards that contain Sanae and Saten, an in such a particular order that would suggest they are to become the 4th playable team :V (especially since gore himself published Sanae's last word already and replay labels in the replay menu at the beginning of the video suggest that she's already playable - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BffxmlnauXw).

Not that I would mind unlock conditions for Miracle Stage either. That  Romantic Escape Flight remix on
Spoiler:
Kakine
is pretty sweet.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:45:06 AM by Critz »

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 05:08:51 AM »
I disagree with you on the difficulty. The game is no where near as hard or cheap as the Len'en games. Not to mention the core gimmicks make it easy to 1cc with resources spamming. My only problem was the later bosses and their attacks being very similar to existing ones. I still find the game fun though.

Anyway, I have notified the author of the game of the performance issue and this thread.
Still a difficulty up from most of the other games (I'd say on the same level as UFO?), but the one cheap spell is Yuyuko's first on Normal. I also agree on finding the game fun.

Touma's ability on focus is way overpowered, too.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:26:35 AM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2015, 08:48:10 AM »
Well, I found the below unlock conditions a while ago:

- Extra: The usual. Now has a video, by the way.
- Miracle: Extra + 60 spells. Look familiar?
- 4th playable team for main game: Clear Miracle with all teams.

As for the last words, they're all listed ingame. I was in the process of entering them all on the spell card page but never finished:

135 (Index): Cap all St1 cards, any difficulty, any character
136 (Nue): Cap 14 (Nue's Lunatic card), any character
137 (Mamizou): Cap all St2 cards, any difficulty, any character
138 (Iku): Cap 28
139 (Misaka Sisters): Cap all St3 cards, any difficulty, any character
140 (Yuyuko): Cap all St4 cards
141 (Ran): Cap 60
142 (Yukari): Cap all St5 cards
143 (Motoharu): Cap 80
144 (Aleister): Cap all St6 cards
145 (Last Order): Cap 38, 112, 123
146 (Accelerator): Cap 113-122
147 (Teitoku): Cap 125-134
148 (Reimu): 1cc Normal with Marisa/Mikoto
149 (Marisa): 1cc Easy with Sanae/Ruiko
150 (Sakuya): View a parallel ending (conditions same as TD)
151 (Sanae): 1cc Extra with Sanae/Ruiko
152 (Touma): Cap 148
153 (Mikoto): 1cc Normal with Reimu/Touma
154 (Kuroko): 1cc Hard with Sakuya/Kuroko
155 (Ruiko): 1cc Miracle with all characters

The difficulty isn't nearly as bad as Len'en, but some cards are indeed annoying (Yuyuko's 1st, to a lesser extent Yukari's survival).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:47:20 PM by Arcorann »

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2015, 03:34:30 PM »
Can't wait to unlock Sanae and Saten, then. By the way, is there any, um... downside to playing Touma (aside from bad taste left by cheesing, of course), or is Imagine Breaker as game-breaking as it seems?

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2015, 06:30:20 PM »
to a lesser extent Yukari's survival).

Neither Fantastic Danmaku Barrier or Fantastic Waging War are survivals; they just have really large healthbars, or you need to wait a few waves to deal he standard amount of damage.

'Tis a shame that Gore invoked 'Reimu Rules Marisa Drools' in the most hilariously absurd way he could've. Maybe if he made it so Touma used Imagine Breaker only when a border was activated it  would lessen the swiss cheese-ability.

Has anyone unlocked Team Miracle, by the way? I wonder how they work as a team, given that there is already one team that is broken enough, and that team is basically the unlockable Type C ship from Solid State SURVIVOR.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 06:35:53 PM »
Tried to fiddle around with game files (because I couldn't let two of my waifu teamed up pass, and playing is somewhat of a pain due to bad optimization), but I only managed to swap their bombs with other team.

Go to \Imagine\player\CommonData, open LocalData.dnh in notepad and
let Player_Reimu  = 0;
let Player_Touma  = 0;
let Player_Marisa = 1;
let Player_Mikoto = 1;
let Player_Sakuya = 2;
let Player_Kuroko = 2;
let Player_Sanae = 3;
let Player_Ruiko = 3;
swap the numbers between Sanae/Ruiko and other team. Other than that, you gotta wait for either a score.dat or someone who actually can into danmakufu  :colonveeplusalpha:.
Sanae has her UFO bombs, Saten has a flower barrage and some kind of wind. Maybe a reference to Rin Satsuki, or Saten's Level Upper Aero Hand?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:38:19 PM by Critz »