Author Topic: Magical Madness Mafia 2, The Horrible Finish (Mod and Scum lose)  (Read 112064 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: Magical Madness Mafia II, The Horrible Return (Day 1)
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2012, 08:56:38 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Nameless

Useless noise. Raikaria too. Talk about game theory but no initiative-taking is scummy, scum like the game staying as it is.

Bardiche

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »
Because inevitably will be asked: Nameless over Raikaria because Raikaria new so not sure if just newbie derp or scummy stall, think Nameless experienced enough to know not to throw stuff in about Serela and then lean back without reaching any conclusions. Would lynch both, though.

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »
im not to keen on voting the miller, im also not thinking he would make an gambit as scum like that

Bardiche

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2012, 09:04:21 PM »
im not to keen on voting the miller, im also not thinking he would make an gambit as scum like that

Don't assume claim means it's true. Not making a gambit like that as scum is WIFOM argument, look at actions and not claims.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2012, 09:05:15 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Nameless

Useless noise. Raikaria too. Talk about game theory but no initiative-taking is scummy, scum like the game staying as it is.
I don't know how to get the game rolling, so I comment on what I can comment on to try to.
Besides, something is better than nothing, even if that something is hardly useful.  It seems to have gotten something strated anyway, meaning in a roundabout way I succeeded  :V
think Nameless experienced enough to know not to throw stuff in about Serela and then lean back without reaching any conclusions.
glad you think I'm experienced enough but this scenario hasn't exactly come up in any of the games I've played nor have I known enough about the other players to try to make meta-calls until now.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2012, 09:09:41 PM »
May I point out on both my own and IHNN's defenses, that talking about game theory is one way to start the game moving without just randomly pointing fingers shouting 'OMG he/she/it is scum!' and seeing how they react. It's far less stalling the game than what every single post prior to ours was.

And honestly, do you expect us to draw any reasonable conclusions in RVS? Even then, we came to the conclusion of giving Serela the advice of 'Don't rush vote on LYLO', which is more than the rest of the thread has accomplished.

I'll also add that scum do not like putting themselves out in the limelight on D1. Yet what have me and IHNN done by having this Serela discussion, and, indeed, you have done by throwing this accusation about stalling the game?

I actually think because you stand out and are actually attempting to get the game moving by throwing accusations at me and IHNN for our play thus far, it's a honest towntell. I just attempted to do so in civilized discussion, giving advice to Serela, to make the RVS period more productive than simply pointing fingers.

From my limited experience, in MoTK mafia at least, those who sit back and do little are more often scum than those who take the reigns and stand out, and attempt to get something done... no matter how dumb it is.

And, seeing as I'm always accused of being defensive scum, anyone under pressure will defend themselves. Town or Scum. Just before that tired old accusation comes my way again.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »
May I point out on both my own and IHNN's defenses, that talking about game theory is one way to start the game moving without just randomly pointing fingers shouting 'OMG he/she/it is scum!' and seeing how they react. It's far less stalling the game than what every single post prior to ours was.

And honestly, do you expect us to draw any reasonable conclusions in RVS? Even then, we came to the conclusion of giving Serela the advice of 'Don't rush vote on LYLO', which is more than the rest of the thread has accomplished.

I'll also add that scum do not like putting themselves out in the limelight on D1. Yet what have me and IHNN done by having this Serela discussion, and, indeed, you have done by throwing this accusation about stalling the game?

I actually think because you stand out and are actually attempting to get the game moving by throwing accusations at me and IHNN for our play thus far, it's a honest towntell. I just attempted to do so in civilized discussion, giving advice to Serela, to make the RVS period more productive than simply pointing fingers.

From my limited experience, in MoTK mafia at least, those who sit back and do little are more often scum than those who take the reigns and stand out, and attempt to get something done... no matter how dumb it is.

And, seeing as I'm always accused of being defensive scum, anyone under pressure will defend themselves. Town or Scum. Just before that tired old accusation comes my way again.

town post

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2012, 09:19:11 PM »
##Vote: Bardiche
No Adorable Mafia play critiques?  Clearly we can't count on you.

On a serious note, I rolled miller.
Who self-hammers if at L-1.  I believe this is the sort of thing one claims in their first post.

I'm sus because of flavor reasons in my own pm.  Px might just be a bastard.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2012, 09:22:40 PM »
Hey Bard. Hey, hey Bard.

I'm looking for a master, a husband for me~
Someone to serve for eternity~
A Master who will wuv me and treat me so troo~
Now who will be my husbando, oh will it be yooooou~

your looking for me afaik

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2012, 09:23:35 PM »

>Scum wouldn't do this
>We did this
>Ergo, we aren't Scum

I seriously hope you're not playing this card. What makes you think this isn't scummy?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »
I'm sus because of flavor reasons in my own pm.  Px might just be a bastard.
If you need flavor I can provide that.  I thought the latter statement was already proven true  :V

>Scum wouldn't do this
>We did this
>Ergo, we aren't Scum

I seriously hope you're not playing this card. What makes you think this isn't scummy?
I read it as:
>this is not scummy
>I did this and so did he
>Ergo, we aren't scummy
But I can see where you're coming from with that.  What are your thoughts on the rest of Raikaria's post?

ActionDan

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2012, 09:29:19 PM »
Oh dear. My first post in the gay bar mafia thread. Alright, let me get my marbles together here.
The very start appears to be completely random until someone messes up his/her logic. Ah-ha.

Well, why not, ##Vote Shadoweh for that pony picture. Seriously.

##Vote: SirChaotick

why did you not either ask what a miller is or otherwise comment on the claim at all?

FOS: Rawr

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 09:31:49 PM »
If you need flavor I can provide that.  I thought the latter statement was already proven true  :V

Sure if you whip out yours, I'll whip out mine!

Don't lynch me.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »
Sure if you whip out yours, I'll whip out mine!
I'm playing PX, town [expletive] retarded [expletive]*.  My ID was stolen so no one can tell I'm town and I'll screw the game and self-hammer when put to L-1.

*both of those words are swears and I don't swear so...

You're right about Sir Chaotick looking suspicious but I'm willing to chalk it up to not knowing the significance of a claim.  For now.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2012, 09:52:14 PM »
Oh my god IHNN that is the best flavor
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2012, 09:55:38 PM »
I'm Alipheese Fateburn XVI town monster lord.

And I think I'll claim this now because I don't remember the theory on it but it's not gonna hurt.

I'm a beloved princess.  not in name but in ability.  If I get lynched people will be so happy that they'll dance and celebrate the next day and night will start immediately.

Effectively, I'm 'hated' in the flavor.

But you being PX makes a ton of sense. lol.

Don't lynch me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2012, 09:59:54 PM »
>Scum wouldn't do this
>We did this
>Ergo, we aren't Scum

As I said. I am pulling out my limited knowledge. I have been town every game I've played, and always stood out D1, and had an early bandwagon put upon me. In addition, the ones who stood out D1 were town both games. While your longer-term experience may say otherwise... that's just how I read things.

Looking back at my argument now... yes... that point of view could be seen scummy, especially if you apply that train of thought. However, if you inverse it, I say that I think you are town for the same reason. If you apply that logic to that argument, we get the conclusion that you are scum as well.

If I had only said that about myself, then it would be a lot worse than me saying so about IHNN and you as well as myself at the same time. I'm just giving my reads on 2 people, while applying the same logic for those reads on myself at the same time.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2012, 10:33:23 PM »
why did you not either ask what a miller is or otherwise comment on the claim at all?
is this directed at me?

Bardiche

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 10:43:35 PM »
However, if you inverse it, I say that I think you are town for the same reason. If you apply that logic to that argument, we get the conclusion that you are scum as well.

Uh, no, because I don't use "scum wouldn't do this so I'm not scum" as a defence. Intentionally doing stuff that "scum wouldn't do" to argue you're Town is a scum tactic, albeit a fairly noobish one.

##Unvote
##Vote: Raikaria

Trying to twist the logic doesn't fairly impress me and puts you ahead of Nameless enough, on top of that I just think it's very scummy to use "scum wouldn't act the way I do" (paraphrased) as a defence. I'm not going to assume scum wouldn't employ noobish acts so unless something mindboggling arises I'm fairly sure I want Raikaria dead today.

What are your thoughts on the rest of Raikaria's post?

It's a wall of babble that doesn't say anything I find progressive. Too early to decide if Raikaria is just passive by personality or passive due to alignment.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 11:04:44 PM »
Hey so I'm finally here, sup.
2 people getting roles that actually hurt town if not claimed early, :<
Spoiler:
Unless they're lying...

Let's see...Raikaria's thinking is a bit incorrect and WIFOM-ish, but since he's fairly new I wouldn't say that's indicative of his alignment. But even if it was right reversing something that applies to scum and say the opposite applies to town is a bad train of thought, so Rai should avoid it. Agree with Bardiche that scum intentionally doing stuff scum wouldn't do can be a valid tactics, but town does those things too and I'd say he's new enough to think that way, so I wouldn't say anything about his alignment yet.

In other news, hi thar Hero sir here have a ##Vote Hero along with the rest of us k
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »
##unvote ##vote Bardiche

"I'm fairly sure I want Raikaria dead today" rofl did you really just say that about the tryhard newbie

If there's any doubts, this is a serious vote. Raikaria's actions are null at worst considering how his/her play was as Reimu in the recent anonymafia, and even if they were interpreted as scummy, Bard's strong conviction in Raikaria's apparent scumminess is, to use his own words, "something mindboggling".
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2012, 12:23:30 AM »
Wow, there are a lot of townies this game.
well, there are plenty in every game, that's the point, but you know what I mean.

@Serela: I think Bardiche is being a bit tryhard as well, and from what I remember, he's more likely to be town when he is.

FoS: Shadoweh I'm guessing Third Party for her again. Not top priority.

##Unvote: Conqueror
##Vote: Hero999

I do not trust anyone who claims to be a god, and also I hate the part where he's frivolously throws attention onto Serela. Could you explain your intentions with that post, please?

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2012, 12:36:36 AM »
Okay seriously where did everyone go D:

@Serela: While it's true Bard is being overly aggressive against Rai, his push against Rai isn't very bad really. I'm fairly sure he isn't saying he's completely confident Raikaria is scum, but it's still more strategic than say picking someone at random and just lynch them. With the level of activity this D1 there is barely anything to base lynches off even by D1 standards, and add that to the fact Day length depends on C.C.'s interest in it, there likely isn't enough time for us to catch someone actually acting scummy. Any lynch at all (except lynching the beloved princess) is still preferable to a NL at this point, so we'll have to pick a lynchee soon lest the mod yawns and hammers the day to an end before we do.

That said, I'll support a Raikaria lynch if the battery gets pretty low and no one else nominates a preferable lynch candidate, but I'd prefer letting him live. It's better for us newbies to get more time in the game to get more experience playing after all.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2012, 01:26:31 AM »
Could you explain your intentions with that post, please?
oh right, Hero999 posted.  I didn't remember.  That's never good.

That said, I'm fairly happy with where my originally jokevote is.  Bard's logic for voting both myself and part of the logic for Raikaria is that we're "making useless noise", yet that discussion was the springboard out of RVS.  Also:
"I'm fairly sure I want Raikaria dead today" rofl did you really just say that about the tryhard newbie
sums up my initial thoughts on that post.

Raitaki, it's more strategic than lynching a random person but that doesn't inherently make it good strategy.  Also, this D1 has lasted what, 6 hours so far?  Also, your reason for letting Raikaria live seems to be purely he's a new player.  Is there any other reason?  You seem to find him scummy.

Shadoweh posted too, apparently.  and the only reason I remember Dormio is he commented on my claim.

Will be sporadically active for a while, homework could take anywhere from 3 hours total to 3 hours a day not being enough and this post has been sitting here for nearly an hour being edited so I'm going to post it no matter how disjointed it is.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2012, 01:31:02 AM »
Busy with other stuff but
That said, I'll support a Raikaria lynch if the battery gets pretty low and no one else nominates a preferable lynch candidate, but I'd prefer letting him live.
This line is pretty terrible just fyi

We're just -barely- out of RVS, it's way too early to say stuff like this. Raitaki is also new so I'm not going to stare holes into you for this or anything but yeah.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2012, 01:43:51 AM »
I know that it's not good, but the last votecount posted hours ago showed only 58% battery left. We still don't have anything solid to work our votes on, and unless we can spice things up C.C. is getting bored of this D1 quick :\ And I don't think Raikaria is scummy, but at the moment Raikaria and Bard are the only ones with people actually wanting to push a lynch on. As for Bard this kind of logicstaredown isn't uncommon for MotK mafia so I don't find him scummy either, and despite me not wanting to resort to lynching any newbies D1, unless Raikaria looks like town, Bard starts acting scummy or another lynch candidate appears I'd still prefer a Raikaria lynch over a Bard one.

Also votecount + battery check please?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2012, 01:49:01 AM »
just throwing out there that if people want to lynch Raitaki I'm ok with that.

As for Bard this kind of logicstaredown isn't uncommon for MotK mafia so I don't find him scummy either, and despite me not wanting to resort to lynching any newbies D1, unless Raikaria looks like town, Bard starts acting scummy or another lynch candidate appears I'd still prefer a Raikaria lynch over a Bard one.
logicstaredown.  really.  Though it comes up often enough, it's completely null as both town and scum can use logic.  IMO what matters is how it's used and to what ends.  The way you've phrased this it looks like you think Bard is town.  Do you have any other reasons for finding Bard town other than use of logic?

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2012, 01:52:36 AM »
No, I wasn't finding him town, I was talking about how him pouncing on Raikaria was not too out of place unlike what Serela said about it being suspicious. To clarify, I find both Raikaria and Bard are null, but between those two I'd prefer a Raikaria lynch.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2012, 01:54:09 AM »
EBWOP
Not the way Serela said it was suspicious, but the way she thought it was mind boggling

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2012, 02:06:04 AM »
Ok, that clears things up a bit.  Still don't agree with you but I see where you're coming from.