Author Topic: Temporary PayPal account linked to CC / buying Touhou games off PaletWeb  (Read 2400 times)

I have no idea what forum is right for this post, so I figure this is a good enough compromise.

I seem to recall some way to use Paypal to directly transfer money on the Internet.  I don't trust Paypal enough to make an account (I've heard horror stories about accounts being locked for no reason), but I also want to avoid pirating Touhou games, just as an ethical matter.

So, has anyone done this before?  I can't find an easy way poking around Paypal's website.  And if not, is there another way to directly buy, say, PCB with a credit card?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Temporary PayPal account linked to CC / buying Touhou games off PaletWeb
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 06:35:40 AM »
Well for me, my paypal account is linked with my bank account. So whenever I make a payment through paypall, it gets calculated, converted into the correct currency with the corresponding course of the Yen, dollar or w/e you pay in. And as final it is deducted from my bank account.

I personally haven't got strange things with paypal and been using it for two years now. As long as you are careful with your login and payments, hardly anything can go wrong. ( Which is generally a DUH logical thing ).

If you do not trust paypal then I guess you have to see if Paletweb accepts CCs and pay with that.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:01:20 AM »
I've heard similar stories, but that was a long time ago and I haven't heard of any shenanigans lately, so it might be OK to use PayPal. As long as you link it to your bank account, you can pay directly from there without needing any money in the PayPal account, so there shouldn't be any worries there.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:32:33 AM »
Yea as long as you link it with a bank account and do that microtransaction verifying thing it shouldn't screw you over  :V