Author Topic: Fate/Eastern Night  (Read 10638 times)

Kitsune Inari

Fate/Eastern Night
« on: September 16, 2009, 09:16:06 PM »
While reading Fate/Stay Night, I thought it would be fun to crossover it with Touhou. For example, I can totally see Udonge as Sakura Shinji's servant. Who do you think could be summoned as each Class?

Saber: Youmu, Momiji, Meira. Perhaps Tenshi.
Archer: Other than Udonge (with guns, obviously), I can only think of Eirin. And Yukari as Gilgamesh, too.
Lancer: Umm... Remilia? She spears the Gungnir indeed. Other than her, Marisa could be shoehorned in this class, but it would depend on joke so lame it'd make you cringe.
Rider: Reimu (on Genjii), Rika (on her machines), Ichirin (with Unzan).
Caster: Mima, Patchouli, Alice and Marisa are the most obvious choices.
Assassin: I can only think of Sakuya.
Berserker: Probably Flandre, or perhaps Suika if you replace "at the expense of sanity" in the text of her Mad Drunk Enhancement class ability with "soberness". Her Noble Phantasm would be the sake gourd, of course.

Just imagine the potential of this: Reimu being Shirou's servant, complaining, slacking and being a jerk; Alice competing with Tohsaka over who's more tsundere...

** SABER:
Konpaku Youmu
Female / Quite short / Mid-teens / Lawful Neutral

Str     B+      Mag     C-
End     D       Luck    C
Agi     A       NP      B+

Weapons:
 Her Noble Phantasms, Roukanken and Hakurouken

Skills and Class Abilities:
 (C) Magic Resistance D: The ability to cancel or diminish the effects of sorcery used
  against oneself. At this rank, spells on the level of three or less lines will be
  cancelled, and greater incantations will suffer a similar penalty.
 (C) Riding E: The ability to ride beasts and vehicles. The Servant is capable of riding a
  single kind of animal and basic vehicles (i.e. bicycles, scooters) with some amount
  of ease.

Bravery B: The ability to cancel mental interference such as pressure, confusion, and
  mesmerization. At this rank, the Servant is highly resistant to all mental interferences,
  including distractions, emotions, illusions, etc. Also, in a pinch, their Strength rank
  improves by ONE and her Luck stat gains a "+".
 Eternal Arms Mastership D: Unrivalled mastership of sword combat arts. Due to her
  training under master Youki, Youmu can make use of full fighting ability even after
  accumulating significant wounds.
 Mind's Eye (True) C: The ability to effectuate rapid and precise judgments gained through
  experience and training. Youmu is capable of calmly analyzing situations except during
  an emotionally challenging battle. As long as there is at least a five percent chance of
  victory, she will be able to devise a plan to exploit that possibility.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Re: Fate/Eastern Night
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 10:09:42 PM »
Gah, all those TV Tropes links and not a single disclaimer about how it'll suck your life (and free time) away...

Ahem~

I actually gave this a bit of thought at one point too, although I came to similar casting conclusions as you.  I did have Yorihime as a Saber, though... And I guess Shou has a spear, so she could work as Lancer (whilst we're at it, I think one of the Seihou characters had a spear, too).  And yeah, I can't think of anyone who'd fit Assassin other than Sakuya...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 10:21:10 PM »
(whilst we're at it, I think one of the Seihou characters had a spear, too).  And yeah, I can't think of anyone who'd fit Assassin other than Sakuya...

That would be Muse, the living embodiment of Mary Sue-dom.

Seriously, she's what you get when you combine the ultimate science and magic. She's an alchemist, a vampire, and a magician. As a master of alchemy she can manipulate any type of matter into whatever form shape or composition she wishes. She's a master puppeteer and uses her puppets as weapons; she is extremely proficient with them. She also has complete mastery over the art of throwing knives. She can manifest or hide her wings on a whim. It is not uncommon to have unpleasant dreams of magical homing dagger rain because of Muse in Kioh Gyoku (and let's not get STARTED on BSR).

Oh, and she wields the Lance of Longinus.

I would put her down as Assassin, in place of Sakuya, if only because she needs a spot.
Muse can be anything.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 11:24:42 PM »
Sakuya would rather fit into True Assassin than Assassin, imo. If we are to cross them with the FSN characters themselves rather than the roles alone, I see it much more fitting for Youmu to take the Assassin role. If not, I guess there's not much reason for a True Assassin to be around, and Sakuya would fit the best into it.

Yuyuko would make a splendid Caster as well. Although, if compared to the original FSN Caster, I would say Okuu fits quite well into this role as well considering Caster's cape and her offensive magic shown in UBW.

And, for some reason, I can totally see Cirno as Saber, wielding icicles.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 12:29:01 AM »
And, for some reason, I can totally see Cirno as Saber, wielding icicles.

Also, Flan for Berserker.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 01:13:29 AM »
Honestly, going by the general class descriptions and criteria, nearly everyone in Touhou would qualify for 'Archer' class due to their Danmaku capabilities. If you're trying to just have characters that fit the heroes from the 5th Grail War, that's a different story.

Lancer is the speedster highest Agility of the classes, so Aya makes a pretty good fit.

Saber has the highest overall stats and highest magic resistance of the classes, so based on that Reimu fits. (Wielding her gohei as a sword even?) Or Tenshi, celestials are stupid powerful.

Rider: Marisa riding her broom, or Komachi riding her ferry. Or Murasa with her palanquin :3

Assassin: Nitori (Cloaking Device), EX Rumia

Beserker: Flandre, definitely. I could see Okuu there as well.

Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 02:54:10 AM »
Nue would be Lancer, Reisen would be Archer.

Tewi would be ...Assassin? She would have some luck boost to master.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 01:32:13 PM »
Since you're all using Windows, I'll say 'fuck dat' and use PC98~

Yuki and Mai would obviously fall under Caster class.
Yuuka most likely falls under the Beserker class.
Yumeko would probably either be an Assasin, or Saber given the fact she uses swords instead of knives.
Konngara as a Saber, of course
Elis as a Caster I suppose

Geeze, I would so jump on this and make a CYOA in UGW about Fate/Stay Touhou...
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 01:39:18 PM »
Nue would be Lancer, Reisen would be Archer.

Tewi would be ...Assassin? She would have some luck boost to master.

Nue makes a much better Assassin (forgot about Nue until now), she's a master at hiding her true appearance, and that's one of the major traits of the Assassin class. The only reason you think she would be good as a lancer is because she has a lance. The F/SN classes are based on more than that.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 03:26:35 PM »
Saber: Youmu! Sword attack klang klang!
Archer: Eirin! Bow attack pew pew!
Lancer: Captain Murasa ?
Rider: Reisen. if only for matching hair styles
Caster: Patchouli, no competition!
Assassin: Sakuya, always Cool and mostly serious, knives aswell.
Berserker: Chen, because they both have 9 lives xD(berserker had 9 right?) Not to mention the loads of crap chen throws at you.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 03:50:16 PM »
Nue makes a much better Assassin (forgot about Nue until now), she's a master at hiding her true appearance, and that's one of the major traits of the Assassin class. The only reason you think she would be good as a lancer is because she has a lance. The F/SN classes are based on more than that.

Hmmm... That's a pretty good match, actually~

Funnily enough, Saber doesn't actually have to have a sword.  It's just that the only Saber to ever appear had one (techinically, all Saber needs is a short melee weapon, so someone with a mace, axe or even their bare fists could probably apply).

Now that I think about it, just about anyone could qualify for Caster... But it'd probably be better to stick to the ones specifically classed as mages (I think Fluffy Ellen would make a good caster myself~).

Also, don't forget that Heroic Spirits weren't always typecast as one class.  Cu Chulainn could be either Lancer or Berserker, and Hercules could be any class apart from Caster (and possibly Assassin, seeing how they're all the same guy and all).  So, for example, Reimu could possibly be Rider (with Genji), Saber (using her gohei), Caster (miko powers!) or Archer (danmaku skill).

And if you want to get complicated, there's always the matter of who would be Avenger...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 09:26:37 PM »
It's really all up to if you're basing your casting on being like the F/SN characters, or just what Touhou would be a best fit for a certain class. My post was based on the actual class descriptions and criteria.

I think Youmu would be a great parody of Arturia or Sasaki Kojiro. Yukari would make a great Gilgamesh with her border powers (i'm sure i've seen that idea parodied in a picture somewhere.)

For some reason I see Marisa as Shirou and Flandre as Ilya, if only for the weird "Love you/Want to kill you" relationship.

shinyjam

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 10:07:11 PM »
I think the when there's multiple best fit for a hero, Noble Phantasms would be the tiebreaker instead of the hero's original job/class.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 10:33:43 PM »
I think the when there's multiple best fit for a hero, Noble Phantasms would be the tiebreaker instead of the hero's original job/class.

Which then brings up the question of what everyone's Noble Phantasms would be.

Marisa's would be the Mini-Hakkero, no questions asked; same with Reimu and the Hakurei Yin-Yang Orb . . . but it'd be hard to pick a Phantasm for characters like Sakuya, Chen, and Patchouli -- ones that either use nondescript weapons (Sakuya's knives are relatively generic, though she's been said to pick them all up to re-use), none at all (Chen's main technique being a dashing tackle, she has no actual weapon), or just have too many different ones (Patchouli Knowledge, who has at least one spell per day of the week).
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

shinyjam

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 10:47:02 PM »
Noble Phantasm doesn't need to be a weapon or weapon's ability. It could be any object or part of the user or hero's ability.

For example Sakuya would be time stop. Would be awesome if that is classify as Anti-World type. But it probably Support type instead.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:48:37 PM by shinyjam »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »
I totally see Yukari having Ran as her Servant, and Ran having Chen as a Servant, kinda like the Caster/Assassin dynamic. ^^

Yeah, Noble Phantasms aren't always weapons. From the Wiki:

"In the legend of a hero, there is not only the man that the hero was, but the anecdotes about him, his arms and weapons; all of this symbolizes his existence. These symbols are the ultimate mysteries that the Servant, the embodiment of the heroic spirit, carries as a trump card. Such is the deadly weapon called "Noble Phantasms". Noble Phantasms are the crystallization of the historical facts and anecdotes that made the heroic spirit famous, but that does not necessarily have to be an offensive weapon; it can be a shield, a ring, a crown, but also a specific ability or a unique method of combat. " http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Noble_Phantasm

Sakuya's Time Stop/Luna Clock would probably be Anti-Army, depending on her range and ability to keep it active. Really op though. Marisa should probably have some Noble Phantasm related to theft of opponent's spellcards: Technique Theft? Reimu would have something involving barriers, and the Ying Yang Orbs.

Chen would be the worst Servant ever. Don't tell Ran I said that. =(

shinyjam

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 10:21:40 PM »
If Chen is summon by Ran, shikigami ability activate and strengthen Chen's stat the closer the range. Also can share mana.  :V

Although being a cat could mean she qualify for the flexibility of a Lancer or the wild ferociousness of a Berserker. Think Werewolf.

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 06:54:36 AM »
Touhou Grail war? Cool!

Saber: Tenshi, since Sabers are considered to be the best class overall they need to be at least B+ in all stats and can wield a sword as an NP so Tenshi is the best bet.

Archer: Reimu, Only requirement for Archer is mastery of a ranged weapon but no real bound as to what that ranged weapon can be, which is why Gilgamesh qualified ad as an Archer by just throwing swords around.

Lancer: Remilia, only requirements for Lancer is high Agility and has used a lance as an NP.

Rider: Marisa, only requirement for Rider is a Legendary Mount. Marisa's broom can take care of that what with Blazing Star of course.

Assassin: Sakuya, requirements for assassin are Agility beyond even a Lancer and at least a D in concealment since...well...assassin.

Caster: PC-98 Alice, Caster needs to be someone with at least an A in mana...and can cast magic.

Berserker: Yuka, only requirement for a Berserker is that the one who is summoned as Berserker has gone...well Berserk at least once in their lives. So...most of Gensokyo actually qualifies for this.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 06:59:55 AM by Blackraptor »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 08:29:07 AM »
This thread wouldn't be complete without at least this picture:

shinyjam