Author Topic: Greater Centenary Festival - Heavenly Cross/I  (Read 96222 times)

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Greater Centenary Festival - Heavenly Cross/I
« on: September 18, 2017, 04:26:59 AM »
Parser's Note:

Welcome to the 1st Cross Quest.

Now, most of you are wondering what is happening and why I make it sound so special. Let me explain to you what is this all about.

'Cross Quest' is referred to the series I will be creating from now on. The 'cross' between Quests. Either completed or not.
To be more deep in the matter: I create X story that will be the main point of the Cross Quest. Then, I will choose the story/elements of another Quest and add them to the main story. Like that, the universes of diverses Quests will be merged into one.
Retelling an already complete game isn't fun, so I'll take the freedom to alter the story/elements added so they fit on the main story and the meta can't be used. Some things might be left unchanged, others not. But please, keep in mind that, even if things aren't altered, I am still a different parser from the one that runned X or Y Quest. Therefore, the style will be different.

But to add more sauce to the grill, the Quests participating in the 'Cross Quest' at hand won't be revealed until the end of the game. So, if you are player that participed at certain Quest and you notice it was added to the Cross, it is completely allowed for you to tell the other players about it. Don't worry. If it reaches the ears of the parser, it will act accordingly~.

In this case, he Cross Quest that we have at hand is 'Heavenly Cross'.
This story is directly linked to Hikikomori Quest, which you can be seen as some sort of prologue.
But fear not! The beginning of Heavenly Cross doesn't even need a bit of knowledge from that prologue to participate!.
However, later it will be required if you don't want to be extremely lost.
But fear not, again!
I'll be summarize here the 14 parts that establish Hikikomori Quest when needed. In a single post. You will just need to read a long wall of text (I presume it will be like that) and you will be aware of things. If you have any doubts after that, feel free to ask and the parser (maybe even the players of HikiQuest) will answer to your questions.

Welcome to the Greater Centenary Festival.

Please, I hope you enjoy it to your heart's content the tale that will be weaved here.

--Tashi ❤

November 17
2133 A.D.

Twilight Bar Room
Shimogyō-ku. Kyoto, Japan.

The woman holding the cross, no longer a little girl, is facing her laptop while she listens to the best hits of one of the biggest Eurobeat Singers out there.

Well, she could listen to them well if it weren't for the raucous party-goers that are having the most wild party at date.

Tonight is November 17. That means only one thing.
The birthday of her 'Mother', and that could only mean pure destruction and people vomiting the food they just ate. Not like she has ALL the fault, but stupid the party-goers for wanting more and more always. Add up heavy alcoholism while dancing and you got a messy mix.
That, and that she's going to kill whoever who tries to mess with her bar.
Should the woman facing her laptop, hearing all the screams of excitement and music, and of course not being able to hear anything from her favorite singer, worry about all these people?
Maybe not. Amakasu probably could control things too.
That, or he'll get killed too.
Ah, who cares...

The woman facing her laptop sighs. She has been watching the latest news.

The most booming singer of Eurobeat, Kazami-san, has been deprived of her right to object! The evidence is convincing and legit!

That was pretty much in one of those hundreds, and maybe thousands, of sensationalist and stupidly crowded 'media' that just act like attention whores.
The worst is that they DO get audience with this garbage!
They are so disgusting.

The woman holding the cross turns off her laptop as soon as she gets annoyed of such yellowing towards a person who is not only very good at what she does, but also that she would not be able to do something like that. She loves what she does and isn't affected by competitions, AND even so, they do not give a damn. They don't give a damn if they, at the slightest chance, can ruin someone's life for the sake of some audience.
Just what kind of world we live in? Did we advanced or did we went backwards in rant?
Certainly, because companies like the Sumadera International News, the very first ones who started all this mess, the world doesn't advance further from where it is.
Ah, just give it a break... Let's put the thing aside...
The woman holding the cross lies on bed and, despite the loudness of the sounds around her, which she was attuned to, falls asleep. Like any night...

> ... Ah, dear silence.
> You could sleep much more if you wanted, in a desperate desire to hold onto this silence that isn't always with you.
> But you have classes to attend...
> ...
> The decision is made. Classes come first. After this, you will be able to hold as much sleep as you want until the next day.
> And so... You, the woman holding the cross, starts to wake up...
> _
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:02:21 PM by Tashi »
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

meow56

• Hmm...
Re: Greater Centenary Festival - Heavenly Cross/I
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »
>Groan.
>Get up.
>What's our name?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 02:25:27 PM »
>Groan.
>Get up.
>What's our name?

> Taking your time, the woman holding the cross stands up from bed. Ah, how crude... You slept with only your underwear on and not your pajamas... Well, you are all alone in your 'house', so there's nothing wrong with it. It is unsightly, but it was just an small error~
> You can examine the place around your 'house' if you want to.

> You are Valentine Claythorne. Recently 20 years old woman that studies her universitary life in the Kyoto University, in the academic field of Social Sciences. Mostly aiming for Communication Studies.
> Stoic and almost always maintaining a personality with charisma, you are a cordial person, gentle, but above all the already said, somewhat cold towards others. It's something you can't control, really. You just can't get on with other people. Therefore, you try to keep your distance from others as much as you can. This isn't the case with those that are already close to you. You are still distant with them, but with more freedom to express what is in your mind.
> You have long silver hair which it is not arranged in any special way. You take care of it, but the only time you arrange it in a determined way is when you take it into a pony-tail when you exercise (How good would it be to have an artist draw the characters...)
> Your eyes are as normal as anyone else. A deep black that stare deep into the souls of whoever look directly at them... if they ever want to.
> White underwear is covering your femenine figure. Slender, not so tall and delicate figure is what you would expect from someone of your age. The average, c'mon. Your chest measures aren't that great. Not so small, but neither is an 'attention drawer'.

>You are, as obvious as it is, an almost normal human like everyone else that lives in the all-famous and most visited place of all Kyoto; the Twilight Bar Room. The place where heavy drinkers and party-goers can unleash their most wild dreams as long as they can be in the legal ambit. Nevertheless, this doesn't stop for certain activities from taking place, given the almost-all-the-time dubious intentions of your 'mother'.
> _
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 01:25:04 AM by Tashi »

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 02:39:25 PM »
>Stretch.
>Get ready for the day.
>What time is it?
>When does class start?
>Who is this 'Mother'?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 04:46:09 PM »
>Stretch.
>Get ready for the day.
>What time is it?
>When does class start?
>Who is this 'Mother'?

> Stretching as necessary, you fully wake up. Ah, thank god you realized you still had on the headphones. You take them off.
> ...
> Ah, you remember... Old clocks aren't used anymore, but digital ones... Not like you have any of those hanging from your wall. Well, you take the easy way.
> Taking your smart-phone, you check the date and hour.

November 18. 06:34 AM.

> Isn't that convenient? You usually wake up at 07:00 AM, classes starting at 08:30 AM. Considering when you wake up, prepare yourself, take the usual route to Kyoto University which is in Nishikyō-ku, it takes at most an hour. Enough time to pass the remaining time watching anime with your laptop, studying, or also wondering what should be your next experiment at home. You should not neglect that. Not even a bit.
> After taking a bit to properly wake up, you head to the bathroom to take a bath.

> Rumi Arie. She's your mother... Adoptive one, at least.

Now... this is a delicate matter.
Your memories about it are very blurry. But you remember very well one part of THAT...
You were pretty much raised in an orphan, the already extinct 'Childs of Creation' until the age of 4 years.
Of course, it's pretty much impossible to try and remember anything of that age, but you were able to spare some things...
You remember that everyone was so nice.
So caring.
So friendly.
It was, you are sure of, one of the most happy periods of your life as a little girl. In fact, you remember that you thought at those moments that you wanted to stay there forever.
But that changed just one night.
Remember 'THAT' that was mentioned earlier? Well.
Due to some inexplicable facts, the building in which were all of the kids, adults and even some people of the old age, was caught on fire.
It wasn't because something exploded or some accident.
No.
It was caused by unknown means that not even the most skillful autorities can decipher. A culprit was never caught either.
You were among the children. The sole survivor, or at least, the sole survivor KNOWN. You went unscathed of the sinister.
You lost everything. Literally. You had nothing to hold onto to cry and cry until you dried out of sadness.
It was at that moment, after a month or two of receiving care, that Rumi Arie came to adopt you.
Since then, you lived with her at the Twilight Bar Room up until now.

That sinister stayed like one of the great mysteries of Shimogyō-ku at the moment. To this very day, people still remember that Fateful Day, but slowly they try to ignore it and go on with their lives without looking behind...

> Time pass away as your bath ends. Now, it's time to take care of getting your uniform.
> This 'house' of yours, which is on the 70th plant of the Twilight Bar Room, which is also one of the many plants that has the only objective to have apartments, can't be called like that, but it can be referred as a small, modern house pretty well. It has everything you would need to live here: a kitchen; a bathroom, a living room for any kind of visitors, which are rare; a room that is your bedroom; and the one next to that one, which is the 'laboratory'.
> Taking your time to dress yourself up with the uniform, you consider that some breakfast would be nice too. You don't usually do it, as you buy it at school, but as you woke up earlier this time...

> Your uniform consists of a white, long-sleeved buttoned shirt under a black buttoned jacket that has white outlines. Red tie included on your neck. A white skirt that isn't TOO large, and neither it's too short. It's pretty comfortable, actually. Your usual black thigh-highs and black shoes.
> By now, you are already fully dressed.
> Your phone marks 06:50 AM.
> _
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 01:26:15 AM by Tashi »

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 04:56:40 PM »
>What's in our pantry?
>What do we usually buy for breakfast?
>What was our last experiment?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 07:21:02 PM »
>What's in our pantry?
>What do we usually buy for breakfast?

> Despite everything that happened to you, you were raised as a proper lady. You are very selective when it comes to food, and you do actually enjoy cooking yourself and you have grew very good at it.
> In your pantry there's different kinds of ingredients for various dishes. Most of them are vegetarian, but that doesn't mean you don't eat meat from time to time. Easily, a bento out of vegetals and maybe some meat could be made. Not a problem at all.
> Now, you could use them to make a more time-consuming dish, like Onigiri or some Soba Noodles. But how much time it will take? Hm...
> Usually you buy a simple bento. Not the big deal, but the food at the school is pretty good. You give your approval for that.

>What was our last experiment?

> ...
> In that room, logic doesn't apply.
> In that room, the 'laboratory', is the place where everything can happen. A completely different world from the one you are currently in.
> It was to be expected. You, since you were adopted by Arie, discovered a totally new world that, ironically, everyone in this world is unaware of, or at least, not much people knows about it. The world where the impossible can happen. A world where the most respected laws are broken almost like they are a joke.
> You have been preparing yourself for that. The very first time you heard about it, you decided yourself: 'I have to do it.'
> And that's because you aren't a normal human... You are a m-
> ...
> It doesn't matter either way. Those things doesn't matter right now, and you don't think they will for others. You better keep it to yourself and not tell anyone about it, like you did for more than ten years.
> ...
> But... when you remember the 'laboratory'... something else comes to mind...
> The recipients of your friends...
> _

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 07:32:40 PM »
>What are they ?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 09:50:03 PM »
>What are they ?

This is yet another delicate matter.
After being adopted by Arie, you felt really lonely.
It was to be expected, really. Valentine was just a kid. She didn't had the willpower to overcome the sadness of losing her 'family' so easily. It had incredible high chances to become a trauma even.

At the beginning, Valentine and Arie's relation was sour. Arie tried her best to give the kid some comfort, but Valentine refused such approaches, yelling that she wanted her 'real' family back. Of course, Arie kept trying, but this only made Valentine all the more angrier.
After harsh days, weeks and even months of Valentine constantly trying to get away of the Twilight Bar Room, and failing, she started to develop her imagination.

'Fine! If I can't have my friends back, then I will make them!'
So she thought.

Valentine's imagination was wild. She created her own 'imaginary' friends. But they weren't just imaginary friends she could talk with. They all were 'fantastic'. All of them had something that could defy the laws of common sense. And, overall, all of them manifested in something that Valentine had at the moment, and therefore, if said thing was near Valentine, she could feel their presence...

5 years old.
First, it was a black cat that had an humanoid form. Her name was Kuro. She was extremely distant and suffered of bipolarity.
She manifested via a black cat plushie that Valentine has stored in her room.

6 years old.
In contrast, the second one was a white cat that had an humanoid form. Her name was Shiro. The opposite of Kuro. She was cheerful and always happy. She was deaf.
She manifested via a white cat plushie that Valentine has stored in her room.

7 years old.
The third one was a human magician. The representation of Valentine discovering a new world. Her name was Shinju Tsuru. She had a brain tumor.
She manifested via a top-hat that Valentine has stored in her room.

8 years old.
The fourth one was a singer and dancer. The likes of Valentine towards music lead to her creation. Her name was Mayu. She, albeit being a singer and dancer, was voiceless and was on a wheelchair.
She manifested via a microphone that Valentine lost by unknown circumstances.

9 years old.
The fifth one was a fantastic being known as a 'fairy'. How Valentine started to interact with other people. Her name was Niji. She suffered of extreme shyness.
She manifested via a bracelet that Valentine lost by unknown circumstances.

10 years old.
The sixth one is special, as to what lead to its creation its unknown. Valentine herself doesn't remember. They are yet another fantastic figure, this time a vampire, and a seemingly normal human. Their names were Charlotte LeBlanc and Chloe LeBlanc respectively. Both of them were the same entity. Charlotte could die on any moment due to a mal-formation in her anatomy as a vampire and Chloe was completely blind.
They manifested via two bird necklaces that Valentine and Arie shared as a sign of their newborn friendship. Both of them are lost as well.

Even when the order of their 'creation' suggest which one is older than the other, the truth is that they didn't considered like that. So far, this is how things were: Tsuru > Mayu > Kuro > Shiro > Niji > Charlotte/Chloe.

Short time after Charlotte and Chloe, another one was created. However, this didn't come in the form of Valentine's imagination. This came in the form of a cute and small robot plushie that was later replicated into a real one with an artificial inteligence. Its name is Torii. It faithfully serves Valentine.

All of them stayed with Valentine for years, until the November 17 of 2131. Two years ago.

All of them left without trace. Even Niji's bracelet, Mayu's microphone and Charlotte and Chloe's necklaces disappeared without any explanation. They just... vanished...

You tried to explain this to Arie and your other faithful friends of the Bar, but they just told you that you might lost them while playing.
That isn't right at all!
None of them tried to deny what you were saying, but neither they supported you.

In the end, Valentine had to accept the fact that, in some kind of error, probably by mistake, one of the maids of the Bar that took care of the cleanup accidentally took those objects and take them out. However, that doesn't explain the fact that everyone disappeared. Furthermore, some of the objects they used to manifest are still here...

And now, Torii is the only one by your side...

You, however, grew to be a strong woman. Or at least, you like to think so. You have to endure how sad this can be and continue forward. Maybe... just maybe... you will be able to see them again...

> _

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 10:03:27 PM »
>Perhaps...
>But for now, let's just make breakfast.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 12:32:23 AM »
>Perhaps...
>But for now, let's just make breakfast.

> After stopping to day-dream, you walk to the kitchen-
> Knock knock.
> So much for being alone...
> _

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 01:45:12 AM »
>"Who is it?"
>Where's Torii?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 01:50:09 AM »
>"Who is it?"
>Where's Torii?

> The door opens, not caring to answer.
> And you are greeted by your 'mother'.
> "Good day, Valentine." Arie salutes you politely. She has eyebags...
> You sent Torii to where Arie was to tell her to at least lower a bit the volume of the party. You don't see it since yesterday night.
> Needless to say, that didn't worked at all, as it was as loud as ever... and in fact, you swear it was more louder.
> _

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 02:02:47 AM »
>"Morning."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 02:06:29 AM »
>"Morning."

> "Why so early this morning?" Arie asks as she looks at you with curious eyes. "You aren't of that kind."
> _

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 02:29:56 PM »
>"Who knows ?"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 09:10:18 PM »
>"Who knows ?"

> There's sepulcral silence when you answer the question with another question.

> "Pfft..." Arie chuckles a bit.

> Arie lets out a heartly laugh. You would say she's somewhat drunk and that didn't sleeped at all...
> "Good to know you are okay this morning." She says so in a sarcastic tone. Your 'mother' of all times.

This person right here is Arie Rumi. Owner and landlady of the Twilight Bar Room.
No one can actually predict her. Maybe you can do it a bit, but she's so... 'mysterious', in some sense, that no one really tries to the best of their ability to try and understand this person's personality. She's just that annoying some times. And her activities of dubious moral consent doesn't help.

> Arie twirls her finger, pointing it at you.
> "Now, now. Why you sent Torii to tell us to lower our volume? Hm?"
> _

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 09:40:44 PM »
>"Because i want to keep my ears intact."

Rin Satsuki

• Personification of a mythical creature.
  • "I'm not going to be forgotten that easily"
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 09:50:25 PM »
>"Because i want to keep my ears intact."

> "You are attuned to this sort of things. Don't lie." Arie grins. Here goes the usual...
> _

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 09:54:32 PM »
>"There is a right place and a moment for everything you know."

Rin Satsuki

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 09:55:50 PM »
>"There is a right place and a moment for everything you know."

> "Are you aware where you live?"
> _

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 10:04:28 PM »
>"Yes, so why don't we have acoustic insulation ?"

//Check.

Rin Satsuki

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 10:14:00 PM »
>"Yes, so why don't we have acoustic insulation ?"

//Check.

> You question something that actually has been around your head...
> "Certainly, such could be done... No no. Not like it is not done... Actually, almost all the skyscraper is sound-isolated for their respective rooms and areas. It's just that..."
> Arie then honestly tells you a heart-breaking fact that you weren't aware of.
> "There are certain rooms in the building that aren't prepared. This small house, for example, is one of them."
> _

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 10:35:40 PM »
>Frown...
>"Why ? And why the bar of all places ?"

Rin Satsuki

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 11:18:27 PM »
>Frown...
>"Why ? And why the bar of all places ?"

> "Don't take it the bad way." Arie sets the hair on her face aside. "Twilight Bar Room was originally a fifty story building. Everything on that and below has acoustic insulation. After I decided to add the other fifty floors, we had to invert a lot of money in expanding. Specially if we were going to run an apartment, or an hotel if you will, alongside the bar. Problem is... Since this is a hundred story building..."
> And yet again, another heart-breaking fact that is very usual from your 'mother'.
> "I forgot to add the isolation on some places. I was going to tell you when you picked this house as your home, but you seemed so purely excited about it that I didn't wanted to suggest any of the other rooms that indeed have the isolation. Will you forgive me?"
> Arie asks so when she closes her eyes with content, or possible mischievous malice.
> _

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 11:41:50 PM »
>Frown.
>"But giving acoustic treatment to a bar is practically a must for quality reasons !"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2017, 05:44:27 PM »
//Apologies for delayed parse. Internet issues.

>Frown.
>"But giving acoustic treatment to a bar is practically a must for quality reasons !"

> "Yes, that is true. When the upper fifty floors were made, the cost of of applying acoustic insulation raised a lot. About the 50% than it was before. With all this matter of the Sumadera Group, things started to go somewhat downhill while others went straight to the heavens, if you know what I mean. I still had to apply them for the well-being of our future residents, but some parts, the bar of the sixty-nine floor specifically, had a high cost to be isolated."
> Arie frowns, displeased.
> "I had planned to apply it later, when the cost of the service wasn't too high and I had the money to not be broken after contracting it, but in the end, I do admit that I have forgotten."
> _

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2017, 08:34:56 PM »
>Frown.
>"And yet i have to live here, is this all some well-made lie to convince me this is but an pure coincidence ? Whatever... just give Torii back..."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2017, 08:47:16 PM »
>Frown.
>"And yet i have to live here, is this all some well-made lie to convince me this is but an pure coincidence ? Whatever... just give Torii back..."

> "You wanted the most expensive room of the skyscraper. That's not my fault and not a coincidence, certainly."
> Arie smiles and brushes her hair on her face aside.
> "And Torii is with Aoi in the bar. She's waiting for you."
> _

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 10:43:15 PM »
>Torii first, then breakfast...
>Head for her.