Author Topic: Touhou Hall of Records  (Read 214974 times)

Re: Touhou Hall of Records
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2013, 05:40:51 AM »
I'm guessing the level of optimization still doesn't warrant a time-down of Rorschach, also you have to end it manually since you don't get items otherwise. It is probably annoying having to peek at the lifebar while playing too, since the damage noise always seemed drowned out by the bullet activation sound.

E-Splice seems capable of pushing his score further judging from the bad ass play and the amount of silly mistakes he could perhaps opt for more rainbows in the future, or feel more confident  in his ability to finish runs and take the time to graze midboss Nazrin etc. I also forgot to mention how I really liked how he grazed Murasa's second non! that diagonal dash to get back in position was so elegant.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2013, 03:49:29 PM »
I *think* it's because the spell can troll you or something. But I'm not sure if there's some penalty if you capture it by timeout insteead of shooting because in Kopiapoa's TAS he grazes the shit out of the spell but at the last seconds he focus on shooting her and eventually kills her.

Yeah it's killed for the items and life piece. But I didn't mean time it out completely, I meant let the timer run down and end it at the last second.

I'm guessing the level of optimization still doesn't warrant a time-down of Rorschach, also you have to end it manually since you don't get items otherwise. It is probably annoying having to peek at the lifebar while playing too, since the damage noise always seemed drowned out by the bullet activation sound.

Yeah, I meant Rorschach in Danmaku, herp. Thanks for knowing what I meant.

About the items, see what I said to Wriggle. If it being a hassle is really the only reason I'd be surprised. Players of this caliber should be easily able to do it. Maybe we'll see them run the timer in future runs?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:56:24 PM by Star King »

« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2013, 05:02:01 PM »
If it being a hassle is really the only reason I'd be surprised. Players of this caliber should be easily able to do it. Maybe we'll see them run the timer in future runs?

I hear players are generally exerting as little effort as possible to maintain their record, like how T opted to not do the skyfish supergraze strat in TD extra unless his competition did so first. If the record keeps getting pushed further I guess they might time down Rorschach.

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2013, 05:33:33 PM »
I see. Well, it'd certainly give more graze than her second-to-last noncard.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2013, 06:17:24 PM »
I don't think the EoSD Hard world record in the first post was updated... actually, it seems more than a few records in the first post could use an update. World records from the wiki:

EoSD Hard - 茉莉花 - 489,881,960
PCB Phantasm - ゆ~すけ - 1,685,290,390
SA Extra - IBUKI - 1,115,679,550 - ReimuA
GFW Normal - がそりん - 69,806,060
GFW Hard - えあ - 87,121,820
TD Hard - sxh - 3,599,143,450

And MotK records:
EoSD Easy - chum - 132,175,680 - ReimuB
EoSD Normal - marus-MPO - 276,600,610 - ReimuB
IN Easy - Sakurei - 3,039,361,940
HRtP Easy - Zil - 11,478,940 - Makai
HRtP Normal - Zil - 11,412,100 - Makai
PoFV Normal - Zil - 426,203,120
PoFV Hard - Zil - 412,752,980
PoFV Lunatic - Zil - 385,445,470
PoFV Extra - Zil - 211,692,230
Actually, considering that I might have forgotten about some MotK scores, it might be a good idea to recheck the entire list.

Zil

« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2013, 06:34:01 PM »
You can one more to that, at least.

PoFV Easy - Zil - 154,955,280

With Eiki this time, as with the Extra score.

chum

« Reply #186 on: July 09, 2013, 12:31:07 AM »

GFW Normal has been improved even further, it is now 71,396,760  by the same player.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #187 on: July 09, 2013, 06:59:26 PM »
I don't think the EoSD Hard world record in the first post was updated... actually, it seems more than a few records in the first post could use an update. World records from the wiki:

EoSD Hard - 茉莉花 - 489,881,960
PCB Phantasm - ゆ~すけ - 1,685,290,390
SA Extra - IBUKI - 1,115,679,550 - ReimuA
GFW Hard - えあ - 87,121,820
TD Hard - sxh - 3,599,143,450

And MotK records:
EoSD Easy - chum - 132,175,680 - ReimuB
EoSD Normal - marus-MPO - 276,600,610 - ReimuB
IN Easy - Sakurei - 3,039,361,940
HRtP Easy - Zil - 11,478,940 - Makai
HRtP Normal - Zil - 11,412,100 - Makai
PoFV Normal - Zil - 426,203,120
PoFV Hard - Zil - 412,752,980
PoFV Lunatic - Zil - 385,445,470
PoFV Extra - Zil - 211,692,230
Actually, considering that I might have forgotten about some MotK scores, it might be a good idea to recheck the entire list.

Please PM me these from now on, I know what scores I need to update. I've had a small break from updating this constantly, that's all. Please actually give me some time to get around to updating before suggesting what I've missed, I can't always update it every time people want it to be.

EDIT: I do appreciate the help you're offering by the way, don't get me wrong.

EDIT EDIT: Everything you posted looks in order Karisa, many thanks! Everything should now be updated. Let me know if you notice any mistakes!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:26:54 AM by Shimatora »

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2013, 10:58:43 AM »
I was looking at the wiki high score page, and happened to notice the score for SA Extra ReimuA has been updated, the record going back to ASL with 1,121,074,030. However, I can't find a replay for it... any idea where that score is from?

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2013, 11:06:40 AM »
I was looking at the wiki high score page, and happened to notice the score for SA Extra ReimuA has been updated, the record going back to ASL with 1,121,074,030. However, I can't find a replay for it... any idea where that score is from?

It might be from his Twitter or blog or something, Touhou Wiki have always regarded ones without replays with screenshots from "reliable" players to be legit.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2013, 12:12:46 AM »
https://twitter.com/astonel/status/358285621623660544 - no replay available at the moment. He's probably still working on it.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2013, 06:38:46 AM »
Looks like UKT was also doing some last-minute DDC trial scoring. 416 million, nearly a 60m improvement over their previous record. I can see this category's scores getting insane in the full version.

The route seems designed for the full version too, including some suicides to Kagerou to bomb nonspells that I don't think are worth it in the demo (I think it's best to go for 4 power captures rather than boosting PIV for only a few items). Finished with over 200k PIV. Perhaps 500k PIV is more feasible than it seemed...

Since I don't know when Royalflare will erase their trial section, I've reuploaded the replay on the wiki, just in case. It'd be good for archival purposes anyway (if anyone even cares about archiving demo records).

Edit:
I've archived all 24 first place Royalflare replays for the demo, plus the score and history pages, in a zip file. It was still only 1MB combined, so I've attached it to this post. Not that I really expect people to use it, but again, just in case. (I wonder if they'll sync on the full game...)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:07:13 AM by Karisa »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2013, 11:11:18 PM »
DDC section added. Let's see some competition!

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2013, 01:21:50 AM »
Don't forget, Extra is also a possible category. (I predict it'll be dominated by MarisaB instead of SakuyaB, but we'll see.)

Anyway, looks like 3123 was the first to reach 1 billion Easy... finding a new way to reach 6 lives by Sekibanki (since the previous method stopped working due to some stage 2 fairies dropping fewer items), by adding in a 2.0 collection on stage 1. Replay here. Some nice 2.0s in stage 4 and 5 too, including an interesting strategy of luring certain stage 5 yin-yangs upward so their point items take longer to fall off the screen.

Interestingly 3123 reaches 100,000 PIV later than in my latest (prior to learning about the new stage 1 2.0 collection) route. I think my grazing/bombing might be more optimized, then, since 2-3 extra Sekibanki bombs should be a gain of 4000-6000 PIV. I know I still gain 1000 PIV over 3123 on Wakasagihime, at least. I need to learn to replicate these new strategies. This category is just getting started.

Any idea how long it'll take for Royalflare to officially open their scoreboard, by the way?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:23:34 AM by Karisa »

« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2013, 01:42:27 AM »
Well, looking at UFO's history page vs its release date, it looks like they took ~2 weeks to open it after the game was released. Dunno how it'll compare this time.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2013, 01:51:19 AM »
TD was released on 2011-08-13 and the Royalflare scoreboards were opened on 2011-09-11, so expect it to be about a month, the same for UFO. I don't know how you got ~2 weeks.

« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2013, 01:56:54 AM »
TD was released on 2011-08-13 and the Royalflare scoreboards were opened on 2011-09-11, so expect it to be about a month, the same for UFO. I don't know how you got ~2 weeks.

http://score.royalflare.net/th12/history12.html

First score of Lunatic SanaeB is dated 2009/08/27.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2013, 02:03:35 AM »
The file was uploaded on 2009-09-12 though. http://score.royalflare.net/history.html states 2009-09-12 as well.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #198 on: August 21, 2013, 07:28:29 AM »
DDC Royalflare week 1 summary, for anyone interested who hasn't been watching Royalflare as closely. There's a decent number of scoring-oriented runs now.

SGR continues to be as dedicated to Normal ReimuA as they were in the trial; their latest score is 843m but it's possible there will be an improvement by the time you read this. It seems several of the Easy categories have already reached the point where improvements come a few million at a time (though new supergrazes or 2.0s might provide a larger boost). MarisaB is getting some competition in Lunatic and Extra, while SakuyaB is on Easy to Hard. I'd recommend watching 3123's latest Easy SakuyaB score as usual, but my own score is currently 130,000 higher actually; I expect 3123 will reclaim it soon enough though. Still no serious Lunatic non-MarisaB runs yet, or Extra non-MarisaB for that matter (beyond stage perfects).

Shimatora, not sure how often you're planning on updating the DDC records in the first post, but I think all the difficulties have at least a somewhat high "world" record by now to compare to. Perhaps it might encourage people here to go for the higher difficulties' MotK records?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:40:41 AM by Karisa »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #199 on: August 21, 2013, 01:29:38 PM »
Shimatora, not sure how often you're planning on updating the DDC records in the first post, but I think all the difficulties have at least a somewhat high "world" record by now to compare to. Perhaps it might encourage people here to go for the higher difficulties' MotK records?

My plan was to leave it until the 1st of September, that way it's in sync with Sapz's updates and allows ample time for higher scores to come out.

EDIT: And that's everything updated! As always, if you see anything wrong or missing, please contact me via IRC or PMs.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:43:34 PM by Shimatora »

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2013, 01:51:16 PM »
Mountain of Faith
*Lunatic - ななまる - 2,209,324,900 - MarisaC - http://score.royalflare.net/th10/replay10/th10_ud17aa.rpy

Haven't watched yet. The replay seems to be from last month, but only uploaded a couple of hours ago.

« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2013, 02:10:43 PM »
I watched it a while ago, and the run is really awesome. He almost dies at Moses' Miracle.

« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2013, 02:49:36 PM »
Holy shit this new MoF record is amazing, these strats! Duuuude NANA! What a champion!

Epic Sanae fight and great boss movements during Kanako's first spell! But.. those 2 grey items in stage 3 and that one in stage 6, and the frostthrower placement mistake on Sanae ;____;
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:14:15 PM by ARF »

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2013, 07:49:05 AM »
Nanashi is a beast! He got 2,214,529,240 in MoF! http://score.royalflare.net/th10/replay10/th10_ud17ad.rpy

Watching it, I spotted not a single greyed item, his speedkill strats are gnarly as HELL, very actively moving the throwers during Nitori, makes no constellation mistakes at all during Aya, Sanae or Kanako! He even creates a super frostthrower constellation ON THE FLY during Sanae's midboss appearance, consequently netting over 600,000 more spell bonus (it wasn't flawless, only all 4 hit after the third movement from Sanae, it seems). This is one of the sickest superplays!

Immortal Momiji!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #204 on: October 05, 2013, 09:01:42 PM »
All up-to-date I think! As always, let me know if you notice any mistakes.

« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2013, 02:54:11 AM »
Doing LLS research.  Not quite a WR, but something cool - 203m with Yuka in MS Extra, which says a lot for Yuka, especially with how close it is to the Mima top score.  Player is ぴえとろ.

Also found these screenshots floating around some website last updated in 2010 where I found the MS screenshot.  80.2m Extra and 106m Normal LLS, again by ぴえとろ

The 106m doesn't mean that much to me, since my routes already allow over 110 if done well, but it's a WR as far as known scores go, so I'm posting it for that.  The 80.2 Extra is big though.  For one, it's about 200k higher than the listed WR, which is huge considering the category.  The fact that this is the same guy who held the previous listed record says that 80 should be attainable with some degree of consistency with a good route and that it doesn't just boil down to lucky item drops and frame-perfect cancels as I once speculated.  It also scares the living shit out of me that an extra 200k is obtainable on that already obscenely good score.  This guy is something else.  In any case, there's definitely things to be enhanced on the current known route and this gives me a bit more motivation to figure out what.  I want to ask him about this stuff but I don't feel comfortable enough to approach him... I'm not even sure if he speaks English either, so language barrier may be a thing too.  But yes, I'll stop blogging about my excitement for now. 
Spoiler:
AAAAAAAH SO EXCITING!!!

^EDIT: Here's a theoretical close-to-max score.  Another 200k can be obtained from Mugetsu with a perfect cancel (I got 1.5m here, 1.7 is possible but the timing is extremely strict).  Lucky item drops can give a little more.  This run had heavy savestate abuse so it's not something I can submit.  Only posting it as a proof of concept sort of thing.  This is how a run with no mistakes should potentially look.  There was no abusing items dropped on death, just timings, cancels, and collecting most of Mugetsu's and Gengetsu's items at the top of the screen.  Important things to note: Mugetsu's first phase should be canceled during the blue-line shots, her second here on the second bullet turnaround (ie. first turnaround possible), Gengetsu's first on the pellet spam (obvious), second phase when she shoots those yellow pellets out, third one during the blue aimed shots, fourth when the bullet lanes are coming down, 5th whenever, and final whenever (clear bonus cap makes cancel timing worthless).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:03:20 AM by ♥♥♥東方Hugger♥♥♥ »

Zil

« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2013, 08:56:08 AM »
What it makes me wonder more than anything is if there are undiscovered techniques that we aren't utilizing. Are you sure the MS score was done with Yuuka? Google translate doesn't give me anything that suggests he used Yuuka for the run. I'm not sure if the screenshot is supposed to suggest he used Yuuka, and he may just be putting it there because of how absurd that section is if you use her. (And I notice his item count is about 10 less than it should be at that point if he were doing well.) If he can get 200m with Yuuka then there is definitely something big we're missing in that stage.

Well, I have some things I want to mess around with now. I guess I'll be going back to PC-98 land.

e: Wow. I just watched my MS Extra and it's actually kinda terrible. Bad stage collection, bad cancels on the first red and first purple phases. I think I could get an L score if I work on it. There are of course some luck heavy parts but that's no excuse for those shitty cancels. I should at least get a run where I do the boss right.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:55:42 AM by Zil »

« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »
What it makes me wonder more than anything is if there are undiscovered techniques that we aren't utilizing. Are you sure the MS score was done with Yuuka? Google translate doesn't give me anything that suggests he used Yuuka for the run. I'm not sure if the screenshot is supposed to suggest he used Yuuka, and he may just be putting it there because of how absurd that section is if you use her. (And I notice his item count is about 10 less than it should be at that point if he were doing well.) If he can get 200m with Yuuka then there is definitely something big we're missing in that stage.
I'm pretty sure.  You had me second guessing myself and actually made me load up MS to check this though.

Zil

« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2013, 10:04:49 AM »
Well, I've just found something I can't explain while comparing my MS Extra run to the WR run. After ending Alice's first ice phase, both runs collect 34 items, and have almost the same bullet bonus (mine was slightly higher), however, the WR seems to gain almost 2m on me for no apparent reason. I tried adding up the points that should have been gained from the 34 items and the bullet bonus and, assuming my calculation were correct, the game seems to have denied me about 1.5m for no reason. I'm going to compare the runs side by side and check every phase. I hope I can find an explanation that isn't random luckshit!

edit: Didn't find anything else, though I've still no idea what caused that. I'll double check to make sure I'm not imagining it. If I'm not mistaken though then that took my K score away from me. :<

edit edit: oh of course, it's because I had to restore the dream gauge, so a few items were at low value. Nevermind then. :v
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 10:55:47 AM by Zil »

« Reply #209 on: October 23, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
1,461,984,420 normal SakuyaB WR replay by LYX is the attachment. Why is it gone from royalflare?