Author Topic: 東方怪綺談 ~ Mystic Square  (Read 88867 times)

Zil

Re: 東方怪綺談 ~ Mystic Square
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2014, 05:42:40 PM »
I feel weird posting 5 times in a row. If I should just edit the last post even after the scores have been added, just let me know. :s

Easy - Yuuka
Zil - 70,576,320 - C - Video

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2014, 07:29:02 PM »
I feel weird posting 5 times in a row. If I should just edit the last post even after the scores have been added, just let me know. :s
I think editing the last post is better than making a new post (though you're free to make a new post if you feel like it). The issue is actually if people edit new scores into a post that isn't the last post in the thread.

(Also I may or may not come back to MS eventually-- the simple system doesn't interest me that much anymore. I found it more interesting when it was unexplored, I think.)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:32:30 PM by Karisa »

« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2014, 03:25:54 PM »
Clearly I know nothing of power items.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:12:06 AM by Armed Bird Catfishrider »

Zil

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2014, 03:35:29 PM »
I don't think suicides would be worth it. You get a lot of bombs, and I don't think they'd be needed outside stages 2 and 4. You're right though that bombs should be added to Easy mode. Maybe even Normal in some places.

KirbyComment

• Former disciple Poddophile
    • Twitch
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2014, 06:28:53 PM »
Normal - Mima
KirbyComment - 100,216,430 - All

Extra - Mima
KirbyComment - 145,388,530 - All
Latest high-score get! :

SoEW Lunatic ReimuA - 42,942,800 (WR)  - Replay
PoDD Lunatic Mima - 133,650,710 (WR) - Replay
LLS Easy ReimuA - 71,657,220 (WR) - Replay

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2014, 08:13:25 PM »
Normal - Mima
Emerald - 70,128,560 - C - Screenshot

« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2014, 12:03:43 PM »
Normal - Marisa
Prinny - 66,197,820 - C - Video

Normal - Mima
Prinny - 79,866,200 - C - Video

Normal - Yuuka
Prinny - 71,831,910 - C - Screenshot

Hard - Reimu
Prinny - 81,738,240 - C - Video

Lunatic - Mima
Prinny - 93,139,390 - C - Video

Extra - Mima
Prinny - 65,027,540 - C - Video

Pretty much just posting all the scores I'm sort of satisfied with for now. I can probably improve these, but I will do that later. Actually had some problems figuring out how I should play MS until the dream gauge mechanics started to make some sense to me (at least enough to let me know that recovering isn't completely impossible, but still difficult to do). Until I looked things up, I ended up playing with the misconception that extends were given based on how high you score (I found out later that extends are given for every 100 point item). I think the other problem was that I was trying to fight Yuki, but that was before I figured out that Mai was easier to deal with.

My hard Reimu run was something I did while doing lunatic runs. I couldn't decide whether Reimu's range was something that would help me stage 4 onwards. I ended up sticking with using Mima mostly because of a combination of me generally not liking homing shot-types and that Reimu is a little too slow for me to use. I'll probably try using Reimu again on lunatic later on some other time.

Pretty sure my lunatic strategies could use some work. I think I spent a majority of my time figuring out what kind of route I should take for stage 1. Its probably because I'm too aggressive with my item collecting, but I tend to die a lot during my attempts in stage 1. I can theoretically no-miss no-bomb until stage 4 unless the bosses throw something that is too difficult for me to dodge. Its probably bad for scoring since I'm losing out on graze, but I'm also relying on speed killing strategies for Alice to reduce the changes of getting screwed by something random. Still working on my stage 4 strategies. I think trying to use Zil's approach for some of the stuff kind of helped, but I think my main issue is misjudging the hitboxes on some of the bullets. Yumeko was pretty difficult to get past without losing too much resources. I think I got some rhythm, but trying to misdirect her aimed bullets is pretty scary given how fast they move. Shinki wasn't too bad in comparison, but I'm not too used to the bullet speed during her later patterns. I remember watching a video that makes her lasers easier to deal with so I ended up relying on that mostly because I know I can't dodge lasers that behave like that.

My extra is pretty much a low score. I didn't care about cancelling bullets for point items and the only thing I remembered from one run I saw was that it was safe to time out her last pattern. Long post, but I felt I had to leave some comments. Pretty sure I could have saved myself some time if I didn't decide to put my thoughts down.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2014, 04:56:04 AM »
Extra - Mima
Karisa - 166,750,710 - C - 0.46% - Video - Screenshot

2 deaths. I'll upload a video if I don't improve my score any more today.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:28:00 AM by Karisa »

« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2015, 02:58:53 PM »
Not sure when I'll improve this, but its my current best Reimu score on normal. Not my best moment at Shinki.

Normal - Reimu
Prinny - 71,386,770 - 6 - Screenshot

Shinki aside, this run sort of went downhill starting at the stage 4 boss. Stage 5 went sort of decently until Yumeko. I screwed up item collection on stage 6.

Das

• w e w
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2015, 06:36:17 PM »
Normal - Mima
Das - 68,187,620 - All

EDIT : Massive improvement from my 53M
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:48:13 AM by Das »

Zil

« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2016, 10:32:22 PM »
Hard - Mima
Zil - 163,109,770 - C - Video

For the dodging rain thing. One bad death but otherwise clean.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2016, 09:46:36 PM »
Hard - Mima
ZIG - 140,224,330 - C - 0.22% -  Video

For the Dodging Rain Competition, did pour in 60+ or 70+ hours into this, will be improved in either the near future, or the not-so near future. My main hope is to get 150m in this at some point.

Extra - Mima
ZIG - 165,223,460 - C - 1.82% - Video

Also something that happened during the DRC when I was going for hard mode I got a little stressed out a few times; decided that playing another difficulty was a good idea, it seemingly was as I managed to get a 165m run after playing a bit. Will also be improved as I probably will aim for 180-190m for this Extra stage at some point.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2016, 09:51:09 PM »
Sorry for my extra post here but I kind of found a graze that should make getting max graze in stage 5 incredibly easy: Yumeko graze strat if you'd do a few midboss grazes + this (the pattern can be grazed for 7 waves.) you'd get a ton of graze and more than enough for max graze in stage 5, it makes it pretty easy, too. So you could prioritize point item collection much above grazing random blue kunai stage enemies.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2016, 01:04:03 PM »
 Hard Mode - Marisa
 ZIG - 145,311,910 - C - 0.66% - Pictures Video

Probably will improve this score to over 150m in the future.

KirbyComment

• Twitch
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2016, 06:17:27 PM »
Lunatic - Mima
KirbyComment - 139,466,270 - C - Replay (No-Bomb)
Latest high-score get! :

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2016, 01:22:07 PM »
Congratulations with the LNB Kirby!

Extra - Marisa
Zigzagwolf - 170,836,740 - Video/Pictures (No-Miss)

Not too sure if I want to post my LNB, since I might want to improve the score it got at some point, so it would feel like a filler to me.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2016, 12:50:04 PM »
Maybe that I'm quick to ask, but I want to ask for my score I posted yesterday to be added. I saw yesterday that Kirby reposted on the SoEW chat and got his score added back then so it may not've been visible; I'm aware of that. But I'm not sure how long I'd have to wait if I wouldn't ask now.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2016, 01:19:43 PM »
I typically update the scores each day. Sometimes I miss a day or two though; it seems yesterday was one of those days.

Anyway, I just noticed you've been submitting some scores as "ZIG" and some as "Zigzagwolf"-- which would you prefer?

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2016, 01:26:10 PM »
I typically update the scores each day. Sometimes I miss a day or two though; it seems yesterday was one of those days.

Anyway, I just noticed you've been submitting some scores as "ZIG" and some as "Zigzagwolf"-- which would you prefer?
Those things happen and I'm aware those things can happen since I kind of do update some scoreboards on another forum so I'm aware those things can happen at times, so that is all fine.

Oh, I really should have thought this out before. People tend to just call me "ZIG" and it is my arcadename, but I think "Zigzagwolf" looks neater and is more formal for a forum, so I'll go with "Zigzagwolf" here.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2016, 02:25:24 PM »
I feel like using a single submission name deserves to be in the guidelines now. It's been enforced for a while but it's a pretty rare occurrence.

Anyway, there have been occasional longer gaps in updating (due to computer repairs or vacation, for example, when I've only had mobile access), but if it's not added by 5+ days later, chances are it was missed. Especially if other newer scores were added.

(Also KirbyComment's reminder was actually PoDD, not SoEW, and it was a week later.)

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2016, 03:16:03 PM »
I feel like using a single submission name deserves to be in the guidelines now. It's been enforced for a while but it's a pretty rare occurrence.

Anyway, there have been occasional longer gaps in updating (due to computer repairs or vacation, for example, when I've only had mobile access), but if it's not added by 5+ days later, chances are it was missed. Especially if other newer scores were added.

(Also KirbyComment's reminder was actually PoDD, not SoEW, and it was a week later.)
I see.. I did look at the SoEW thread yesterday though, I probably saw the wrong thread then.

I've had a duration for a very long time I couldn't even get online at all in which I was not capable of updating my boards, so I honestly do understand the situation, it is not something I saw as bad but my thoughts were it is better to be sure and certain than to be unsure and uncertain.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2016, 09:47:16 PM »
Normal - Mima
Zigzagwolf 125,172,350 - C - 0.14% - Video/Pictures

Easy - Mima
73,067,130 - C - 0.10% - Pictures Will improve the Easy run, kind of a placeholder I guess?

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2016, 10:47:36 PM »
Lunatic - Mima
Zigzagwolf - 167,946,790 - C - 0.24% - Picture/Picture/Picture/Video

Extra - Reimu
Zigzagwolf - 193,632,780 - C - 0.50% - Picture

Extra - Marisa
Zigzagwolf - 185,041,780 - C - 0.75% - Picture (NB)

Extra - Yuuka
Zigzagwolf - 186,900,220 - C - 0.54% - Picture/Picture/Video

Some of my new scores, highest score for Reimu and Marisa in the Extra stage so far as far as I am concerned. I want to attempt getting 200M+ with Reimu and Yuuka at some point, as for Marisa, she does not have the same potential as Reimu or Yuuka and that 1MNB run was really strong, but if I didn't die at the final pattern there with her I possibly would have had 190M+? I think that would be my endgoal with her, it is atleast by far more solid than my 170M run.

Also the new highest overall score for Lunatic as far as I'm concerned, I might improve the score a bit further in the near future, lunatic is quite hard to survive well but I still am content with that run for now.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2017, 02:42:47 PM »
Extra - Reimu
Zigzagwolf - 196,616,790 - C - 0.87% - Picture

Improvement with Reimu, closing in on 200 Million. I'd be glad if I get that, I got a recording of this run (as the screenshot kind of shows) but it is a bit sloppy, for somereason Bandicam's sound settings really influence how the video will look like even if you don't notice any of such while actually recording.

KirbyComment

• Twitch
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2017, 06:13:33 PM »
Easy - Reimu
KirbyComment - 75,213,560 - C - Screenshot1 - Screenshot2

It's about time I start doing some serious scoring in this game finally. I've attempted this category around a year ago actually, but I didn't really get far with it. This is merely a placeholder though so it will be improved. Hopefully I can do some other Easy categories after and Normal too as long as the game continues to not massively slow down while recording. The 75m run was recorded but isn't worth of a video obviously.

Easy - Reimu
KirbyComment - 80,583,650 - C - Screenshot - Replay

Overall record I guess? And this run isn't even that good, but it reached my goal anyways so I'll be trying Marisa next...

Easy - Marisa
KirbyComment - 76,940,940 - C - Screenshot1 - Screenshot2

This game is frightening once you make one survival mistake. That happens, and then you'll die many more times. Ironically it doesn't hurt my score that much by the looks of it, at least on Easy.

Easy - Marisa
KirbyComment - 80,457,000 - C - Screenshot - Replay

Easy - Yuuka
KirbyComment - 80,729,690 - C - Screenshot - Replay
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:29:51 PM by KirbyComment »
Latest high-score get! :

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2017, 11:22:04 AM »
Easy - Marisa
Zigzagwolf - 80,368,520 - C - 0.16% - Picture 1/Picture 2/Video

Strong run, point item collection was a bit less, graze was good, Mai stalling is also an important part. Still 2 misses and some bullet clears were just awful, I'm not planning on improving this soon so hopefully I maybe get to this someday.

Kurzov

• All good things must come to an end sometime.
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2017, 10:58:11 PM »
Normal - Mima
kurzov - 3,728,320 - 2 - ?.??% - (no replay)
"Better think awhile
Or I may never think again
If this were the last day of your life, my friend
Tell me, what do you think you would do then?"
~ Genesis (Undertow, 1978)

KirbyComment

• Twitch
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2017, 06:44:01 AM »
Easy - Mima
KirbyComment - 88,328,310 - C - Screenshot - Replay
Latest high-score get! :

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2017, 10:58:54 AM »
Extra - Reimu
Zigzagwolf - 202,105,820 - C - 0.69% - Picture 1/Picture 2/Picture 3/Video

This run is pretty godly, I've put in quite a lot of time to get this. My goal was to get 200 million with Reimu but I slightly exceeded that by 2 million, so I'm very happy with this run. Also this run was done on Twitch but I happened to record the run seperately as well so I'd be certain it would be in good quality.

Extra - Mima
Zigzagwolf - 187,207,110 - C - 1.56% -  Picture 1/Picture 2/Twitch recording
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:50:11 PM by Zigzagwolf »

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2017, 04:54:07 PM »
Extra - Marisa
Zigzagwolf - 189,402,740 - C - 0.85% - Picture 1/Picture 2/Picture 3/Video (No Miss)

New shot record for Marisa, improvement may not be huge over my last score but it took me a while; I've basically added in an elaborate description in my video-- there's some things that could make it better and could probably push this towards about 195m, I don't know if 200m is possible. This run is really good though.