Author Topic: Touhou stories  (Read 2902 times)

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
Touhou stories
« on: February 08, 2016, 10:30:37 PM »
I was thinking of writing Touhou junior novels to be published in the US, and I remembered this.

When I was 9, I went to the Closter Public Library often with my tutor. It was comfy and had one of those window seats I liked sitting on. Anyway, one day I wondered if they had the Touhou manga. But I really didn't want to outright ask (because what if they didn't have it?). So I decided to write my own Touhou stories and give them to the librarian. They had no pictures and were all in English. I wrote 2, I think. One was based on LLS, and the other I vaguely remember. I don't have them at home, so sometime this week I'm going to the library and asking if they have my stories. And if they do, I'm putting them up here for you to see on Patchouli's Scarlet Library. (Warning: They were written by a 9-year-old, so they will have bad grammar.)
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

Toushiro Scarlet

• The Dragon Magician
Re: Touhou stories
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 07:30:24 AM »
Go for it! This is actually what I want to do as well! I'd even write 2 of the chapters for my english assessment
Real Science is when you try your hardest to prove your own theory wrong.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 05:46:53 AM »
Touhou children's books sound like something that might work well. You might have to however turn down the danmaku violence and the sake binge drinking that we all know the characters engage in after an incident or at festival times. Trust me, you don't want to have the wraith of pre-schooler mom's come down upon you for anything you might think is innocent enough but to them is not wholesome enough for little Timmy.  :V

Post it somewhere where we can read it, like Patchouli's Scarlet Library, and we can give you an honest critique of if it will work as a children's book (or as a book in general). Something you might have thought would have been good when you were 9 years old might not be quite as good now that your older. Our tastes change as we mature, after all. 

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 06:02:40 AM »
Guys, the person who posted this has been permanently banned. So thats not happening.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 08:35:05 AM »
So how did she post this thread here if she is permanently banned?

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 09:07:43 AM »
Posted before she was banned.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi