Author Topic: Skulltag  (Read 2578 times)

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
Skulltag
« on: June 30, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »
SkulltagSkulltagSkulltagSkulltagSkulltag

Do anyone play? Do anyone wants? I would really like to play with someone, and somehow I will manage in creating a server or something, but honestly ppl to play with is the problem now...

Maybe you know mods that you want to play? Right now I focusing in Stronghold, which is very nice. :P

wooterz

Re: Skulltag
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 12:05:01 PM »
It helps if you put a bit of info about the game in the OP. I don't even know what this is...

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 12:12:53 PM »
So google It, I am very bad at explaning things, but basically since like 2000 or so, there was a open doom mod called Skulltag. It evolved to a game itself, so to say, because the modifications on Doom engine gives you the ability to create completly different games that doom, apart from just deathmatch which Skulltag kinda had also in mind, creating IDese, which contains live info on any servers that are online there.

wooterz

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
Oh, so it's a Doom sourceport? I used to play on ZDaemon a bit, but I haven't really heard of this...

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 01:23:02 PM »
So google It

And people wonder why I sometimes explode on these forums. That said, you did provide the explanation, so that's okay.

On-topic: the Doom engine is still something people work with? I'm entirely unfamiliar with modding scenes and their MO, but that is some serious vintage stuff.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 02:18:42 PM »
Ah, Skulltag. Played it a few times...pretty interesting stuff.

Sadly it doesn't work with CraftyTitan's Yukkuri Doom Hack (which is based on vanilla ZDoom as well, but an older version and relies on a few source code changes). Fighting imps and cacodemons aren't nearly as fun as objecting to yukkuri.

On-topic: the Doom engine is still something people work with? I'm entirely unfamiliar with modding scenes and their MO, but that is some serious vintage stuff.
Definitely! I think it's more popular for modding than both Quake 1 and id Tech 2 (Quake 2) engines!

Much of this vintage stuff has been updated in the source ports, ZDoom (and GZDoom, its OpenGL counterpart) being the most loaded one. There are even other types of games made on this engine - see Sonic Robo Blast 2, which runs off a heavily modded Doom Legacy engine.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 04:03:30 PM »
I played Skulltag for a bit over the summer. To be honest? I'm kind of not fond of multiplayer DOOM.

Well, it's fairly old, but it's aged really well compared to other iD Software games. Also, due to the .wad-based file structure, non-polygon graphics and the huge variety of editors out there, it's EASY to mod.