Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey Cross - X Gonna Give It To Ya WHAT  (Read 6449 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Etrian Odyssey Cross - X Gonna Give It To Ya WHAT
« on: April 10, 2018, 04:01:50 AM »
KNOCK KNOCK OPEN UP THE DOOR IT'S REAL WITH THE NON-STOP POP POP AND STAINLESS STEEL

Classes out the ass from every game! A brand new Hero class that totally won't be the Masurao class with 100% less bunny rabbit! An overworld map! The returns of Wiglaf, Shilleka, and some pink-haired Medic girl I don't recognize and therefore assume is from EO3! All the neat little polishes from EOV and EO2U! The possible return of Scatter About! Get fucking hype!

[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Etrian Odyssey Cross - X Gonna Give It To Ya WHAT
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 07:48:06 AM »
Kuu-ross-su-du.

The original word is 1 syllable yo. =P

Also, I heard her say 'mei-q' a few times.. there was that vita dungeon crawler called mei-q.. coincidence? Or was she talking about it?

Also if you haven't played eo3... well It is my least fave eo. But the bgm for t he final dungeon is SO EFFING GOOD LISTEN NOW. If they ever remake that (and good) I'll die happy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GtGLNPJqrA&index=26&t=0s&list=PL52C40159A7DDB8FA

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 08:09:54 AM »
"Meikyuu" is labyrinth.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 08:11:22 AM »
Super hype.
Also, I heard her say 'mei-q' a few times.. there was that vita dungeon crawler called mei-q.. coincidence? Or was she talking about it?
I think that's just "labyrinth" in japanese. Plus original title of EO in Japan is Sekaiju no Meikyuu a.k.a. Labyrinth of the World Tree.

Edit: Sooooo. Zodiacs are playable. Wawawawa. Also original Medics. And Landsharks. And basically everything.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:23:52 AM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 03:59:36 PM »
IMPERIAL IS BACK
E: I'm... not sure who pink haired girl is? Reminds me from Missy, pub host from EO3 but she wasn't meek at all so...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:03:34 PM by Zengar Zombolt »

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 05:12:35 PM »
The minmaxing never stops.

Glad the Highlander and Harbinger are in the job list since those two grew on me VERY quickly after I started with well-founded doubts for both and both overcoming said doubts big time.

My hopes are checked by news that Square Enix isn't localizing DQ11 for the 3DS, but this is Atlus and pumping out semi-niche RPGs has been their thing since like Disgaea or earlier. Oh the poor elderly 3DS systems out there.

E: I'm... not sure who pink haired girl is? Reminds me from Missy, pub host from EO3 but she wasn't meek at all so...
The text say something something medic girl, named Birugitta. That's not weird to anglicize at all. Blah I'm lazy and at work and still don't know these games that well.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 08:26:57 PM »
My hopes are checked by news that Square Enix isn't localizing DQ11 for the 3DS

Well that killed my hype.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 12:26:13 AM »
The text say something something medic girl, named Birugitta. That's not weird to anglicize at all. Blah I'm lazy and at work and still don't know these games that well.
It'd be Birgitte, which is an actual name!  Also the armored lady at the start is Persephone.

anyway

all I have to say on the subject is

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 12:35:08 PM »
My hopes are checked by news that Square Enix isn't localizing DQ11 for the 3DS, but this is Atlus and pumping out semi-niche RPGs has been their thing since like Disgaea or earlier. Oh the poor elderly 3DS systems out there.

I wouldn't be too worried. Every EO game has made its way to the Western world except for Mystery Dungeon 2, and that can be forgiven since it was only released in Japan at the end of last August. EOV may have taken forever, but it was obvious Atlus was pouring as many resources into getting Persona 5 right as they possibly could. We'll get Cross eventually.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Reddyne

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 02:19:58 PM »
Well that killed my hype.
Unfortunately, yeah, though it's understandable from a resource perspective. It'd be its own localization project for a game in a series that never had the same popularity in the west. There's overlap with the Switch and the 3DS both being Nintendo products and both being portable, and the poor old 3DS came out in 2011(!). It was probably a straight-up business decision.
It'd be Birgitte, which is an actual name!  Also the armored lady at the start is Persephone.
I tried my damnedest to turn it into Bridgette but its not workan. Persephone makes perfect sense though.
I wouldn't be too worried. Every EO game has made its way to the Western world except for Mystery Dungeon 2, and that can be forgiven since it was only released in Japan at the end of last August. EOV may have taken forever, but it was obvious Atlus was pouring as many resources into getting Persona 5 right as they possibly could. We'll get Cross eventually.
Sho'nuff, it's a pretty good bet that they will. It's more or less about expecting the game to get a release in western markets while knowing that it hasn't been confirmed yet. But as you say they've done it with all the others. Something something since the P is high H0 can fly.

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 08:09:04 PM »
There is a Famitsu interview with director Komori Shigeo that gives some of the first details about the game

He says that while he cannot reveal much about the setting just yet, he does say that Lemuria is a land cut off from all other continents, and that around the massive world-tree at the center is a massive forest that should look familiar to old adventurers. But even if it does look familiar, there are traps that might make use of what prior knowledge one might have. Why this land is the way it is is the heart of the story and he cannot elaborate further, but there are things that should make old fans of the series happy.

Traps for veterans, huh? :)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 11:33:48 PM »
I can't be the only one that purposefully walks into trap events just to see what they are am I? So if it's for vets or not, I don't think it really makes a difference.

Unless it's like, pet the cute squirrel? No? WELL CUTE SQUIRREL MURDERS YOU FOR IT!, and yes is the correct answer or something.

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 03:11:59 PM »
Yeah, I believe Komori is saying they are putting traps into the game where possessing knowledge of the previous games will backfire on you.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 03:15:16 PM »
 l might get back into playing the Etrian Odyssey series again, when I get a chance to on my 3DS.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 02:52:00 AM »
Honestly I have to say I'm happy it is FOR the 3ds and not switch.  Not to stick it to the switch fans, but I see switch versions of things all the time lately, it's nice knowing I'm still covered with an 'old' system.

That and the new 3ds or whatever. As far as I kn ow there really was never an exclusive for it other than xenoblade was there.

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 01:37:37 PM »
Another Famitsu interview for Etrian Odyssey X, today with the game's Battle System Developer Yoshida Jounosuke.

Here's two excerpts. 

1) Details about the new Hero Class, who stands apart as a class with a unique identity due to their "after-images" ability:
When asked about the Hero, Yoshida says that they first wanted to make it a class with balanced offensive and defensive capabilities, but that they found that this made it little more than a combination of other classes. It was only by adding after-images as an element found in no other class and other skills with good synergy with it that they managed to turn it into a class that can do things no other can. He calls it a unique and fun-to-use class worthy of being the face of X.

The interviewer asks about the after-images, and Yoshida goes into detail: When an after-image appears, it does the same skills as the Hero, except on the following turn. This means that it becomes possible for skills that usually cannot be used multiple times in a row to be activated multiple turns in a row, or for skills that only have an effect for one turn to be extended to two. After-images use not only the Hero’s own class skills, but also their subclass skills: For example, if the subclass is an Imperial, the Drive skill which usually requires multiple turns for preparation can be used multiple times in a row. On the other hand, if using Hero as a subclass to Nightseeker, the character can cover the Nightseeker’s weaknesses of having low defence and not having multi-target attacks. After-images can also help increase the chances of inflicting status ailments.

2) Details about the skill tree, which will not have subclassing:
Yoshida says that X’s skill tree is slowly unlocked as a character grows, like in 4, but that they also made it so that there are more skills that make jobs’ individual styles stand out more, or expand the player’s choices, so that it’s easier to make characters with more individuality derived from their skills.

Because there are also subclasses in X, the skill tree is also made so that there are less requirements to learn specific skills compared to 5, making it easier for players to get the skill they want without spending large numbers of skill points on lower skills that they don’t want, giving players a higher degree of freedom in character creation. They also made it easier to put points into skills, which makes respeccing easier as well.

Read the whole thing at: http://www.frontlinejp.net/2018/04/26/etrian-odyssey-x-interview-with-battle-system-dev/

Reddyne

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 11:52:49 AM »
To support your point even further, Nintendo is saying that Grandpa Threeds is going to be supported through 2019. They could definitely release EOX in that time frame.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 07:52:12 PM »
Artelinde's back, bitches! And she has an awfully familiar yet brand spankin' new pet to boot.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"