Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3  (Read 69725 times)

Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3
« on: February 04, 2018, 06:45:42 AM »
>You are Byakuren Hijiri, 18 years old, resident of the city of Mayoiga, caretaker (owner) of Rin Kaenbyou, resident of the Moonside apartments, and third year student of Mayoiga High. A few days ago, you were the most popular girl in school, one of the most well-known and liked girls around town. And then you touched a strange doll, and saw a world not your own. That was the day that everything changed, and you became Magical Lotus, the Hero of the Heart.

>What started as a co-operative training day between yourselves, the shrine maidens of the Red Bird shrine and a group of Brightbloods, has rather turned on its head. Based on some information provided by a surprisingly cordial Blackblood named Razorclaw, you learned of a new threat that was about to arrive in Mayoiga. Thought to be extinct, a member of the Succubus race was about to come to town, a particularly vile example of the race named Semitur. Eager to make sure this threat didn't enter your city, your team, along with three magically trained members of the local shrines, set out for Mayoiga International Airport to intercept and destroy Semitur.
>A rather large wrinkle in that plan came a few minutes ago in the form of the Champion of Fire. Leaving its resting place, the Child was making a beeline for the airport, and you eventually discerned that the Avatar of Fire was on board the plane you were supposed to meet. Hoping to avoid a rather catastrophic incident at the airport, you and Lily left your crew and flew up into the sky to intercept the Champion. Not to fight it but to talk to it, to try and find a solution to its presence that didn't involve a very public battle, risking many lives in the process. The Champion actually proved to be fairly reasonable, but now, something appears to be going terribly wrong...

>Follow along with it
>"And we will. It's what we came here do. But if she has been taken over by an outside corruption, would your link to her make it affect you as well, as you draw closer?"
>I think Fire's Avatar may have been affected by Semitur. They seem... distressed, even frightened; they said something is wrong with their link.

>"The link... I can't hear her like, like I should." Fire mutters. She sounds like someone suffering from a concussion. "Heart and soul. But the soul... I can't hear the soul. Only a shadow, and a sound. I hear her crying."

>For a moment, you hear the sound of a girl crying.

>A Champion? Frightened? Kiku asks.

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 07:05:36 AM »
>And dazed. Whatever has happened in the airport has had a bad effect on them.
>"I heard it too. We will save her, I promise you; my power should be able to free her from Semitur's grip. But if Semitur can affect you through her, then - and please don't take this the wrong way - but I'm not sure how safe it is for you to come with us."
>We presumably cannot actually sense Ice's presence at the moment, can we?
>We are rather out in the open here. From our previous encounters, do we know if she has actual invisibility or could she just have snuck up on us in a more mundane fashion those times?

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 08:56:08 AM »
>And dazed. Whatever has happened in the airport has had a bad effect on them.
>"I heard it too. We will save her, I promise you; my power should be able to free her from Semitur's grip. But if Semitur can affect you through her, then - and please don't take this the wrong way - but I'm not sure how safe it is for you to come with us."
>We presumably cannot actually sense Ice's presence at the moment, can we?
>We are rather out in the open here. From our previous encounters, do we know if she has actual invisibility or could she just have snuck up on us in a more mundane fashion those times?

>"What is Semitur?" Fire asks you.
>You cannot.
>Given the size and somewhat grand nature of Ice's form, you don't believe she could sneak up on you at this time simply by mundane means. The clouds are thick and dark enough to conceal her, but you're well below the cloud line, so she'd have to cover a lot of open air to sneak up on you. If the Ice Champion is nearby, she's most likely either on the ground and out of sight, or is employing some magical means of non-detection.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 09:02:10 AM »
>"A succubus and an extremely powerful one. We were waiting for her arrival at the airport so that we could deal with her, though I did not expect her to act so quickly."

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 10:00:17 AM »
>"A succubus and an extremely powerful one. We were waiting for her arrival at the airport so that we could deal with her, though I did not expect her to act so quickly."

>"She didn't, my Avatar did." Fire says, sounding a little more collected. "The link is there. Warped, tainted by... She stole something, my Avatar is not whole. No, I'm not whole, neither one of us was..." His voice trails off again, his flight speed slowing once more.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 10:12:43 AM »
>"Is the Champion of Ice nearby?"

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 10:26:55 AM »
>"Is the Champion of Ice nearby?"

>"Ice is MINE." the Fire Champion says forcibly, meeting your eyes for the first time since you heard the laughter. "Mine. Not yours, mine."

>They are attacking. Kiku reports. The figures are humanoid, each one possessing a dark power. They are attacking the airport. We are engaging.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 10:36:51 AM »
>We will try to be there shortly.

>"I was not planning to claim otherwise. But if she is unaffected by Semitur's corruption and nearby, it might be safer for all concerned if you sent her in your stead. Semitur's thralls have begun to attack the airport and I cannot delay here much longer; my allies need me. And your Avatar may as well."

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 10:47:02 AM »
>We will try to be there shortly.

>"I was not planning to claim otherwise. But if she is unaffected by Semitur's corruption and nearby, it might be safer for all concerned if you sent her in your stead. Semitur's thralls have begun to attack the airport and I cannot delay here much longer; my allies need me. And your Avatar may as well."

>"So... That's what you're doing here." the Fire Champion hisses through barely parted teeth. "You came to steal my Avatar. You couldn't find one of your own so you had to steal mine."

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 10:49:59 AM »
>"...no? We came here to stop Semitur. I didn't even realize your Avatar was here until you showed up."
>...can we sense any of the power we detected in Semitur's direction coming from Fire at this point? Or are they perhaps a more mundane sort of unbalanced?

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 03:06:34 AM »
>"...no? We came here to stop Semitur. I didn't even realize your Avatar was here until you showed up."
>...can we sense any of the power we detected in Semitur's direction coming from Fire at this point? Or are they perhaps a more mundane sort of unbalanced?

>"Air, Water, Ice... You couldn't find yours so you wanted mine. Or to stop me from having mine." Prudently you and Lily back away slightly as the Fire Champion turns to face you, hot steam emanating from his body. "You didn't think I'd figure it out, DID you?"
>You can't detect any force from the airport coming at you. But the sensation of the Fire Champion's aura has changed. It's become, as you say, unbalanced. Fragmented slightly. You can't tell if this is due to Semitur's corruptive influence or a bad reaction to whatever Semitur has done to the Fire Avatar, but whatever it is, it certainly spells trouble for you.

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 06:40:56 AM »
>Do we think we can warp Lily out with us, if we tried it? Especially if we have a moment or two to do so?

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 06:57:35 AM »
>Do we think we can warp Lily out with us, if we tried it? Especially if we have a moment or two to do so?

>You're no more sure now than you were when you thought of the idea back at the airport. It would help if Rin was able to focus on the spell to provide more pulling force, but that assumes she isn't tied up with whatever evil Semitur's got up to back there.

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 07:03:32 AM »
>Rin, we may need to get out of here in a hurry; Fire seems to be becoming unstable. What's your situation?
>"I said we're going to save her and we will. I could no more rip her away from you than you could stop being linked to her."

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 07:23:42 AM »
>Rin, we may need to get out of here in a hurry; Fire seems to be becoming unstable. What's your situation?
>"I said we're going to save her and we will. I could no more rip her away from you than you could stop being linked to her."

>I'm out over the runway. Rin reports. There's five flyers out here blastin' away at us. It's weird, but, they seem kinda familiar.
>I recognize them. says Minoriko. It's Flandre Scarlet and her band, Four of a Kind. It's Flan's wings that gave her away.

>You hear the sound of a man laughing, the sound of a girl crying, the sound of liquid dripping onto a floor. Then, darkness. Then it passes.

>Semitur has corrupted them, empowered them. says Kiku. Each one carries powers of darkness and flame. Flandre Scarlet appears to be the strongest. She is fighting Sawashiro-sama and Poppy right now.

>The Fire Champion's head twitches violently. "Save...?" he mutters, confused.

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 07:29:59 AM »
>"Yes, save. Someone else has corrupted her. We can fix her. I know we can. This is what we came here to do."

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 08:09:16 AM »
>"Yes, save. Someone else has corrupted her. We can fix her. I know we can. This is what we came here to do."

>Fire's eyes dart about for a moment. "Save... Yes. Yes, we need to save her." he agrees at last. "We need to kill the one that did this. My other half has been stolen from me. She is lost... alone..." The otherworldly fox shudders. "She is screaming..."

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 08:19:30 AM »
>"We will set things right again."
>Let's get a move on and get back to that plane. And step on it.
>Fire seems to have backed down again - for the moment, at least. I am concerned about letting them anywhere near the airport in this agitated state, but I'm not sure I can convince it otherwise without provoking an altercation. When it was lucid, at least, it agreed not to fight with us. I hope it does not forget this.

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 07:46:41 AM »
>"We will set things right again."
>Let's get a move on and get back to that plane. And step on it.
>Fire seems to have backed down again - for the moment, at least. I am concerned about letting them anywhere near the airport in this agitated state, but I'm not sure I can convince it otherwise without provoking an altercation. When it was lucid, at least, it agreed not to fight with us. I hope it does not forget this.

>So you don't need our help? Rin asks as you and Lily being your return trip to the airport. She sounds a bit harried.

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 08:26:48 AM »
>i hope not. And we'll be with you as soon as we can get there.
>Keep moving

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 05:29:59 PM »
>i hope not. And we'll be with you as soon as we can get there.
>Keep moving

>Good. Kiku says. We need your keen senses. In this chaos, we cannot track Semitur.
>You press on at the best possible speed you can manage, which it turns out is faster than Lily. This is not because you're the better flyer, but because Lily is straying behind to tend to the Fire Champion, who is also following you. The Champion is obviously not traveling as fast as it can. It still seems to be suffering the effects of the tainted link between it and its Avatar. But it doesn't turn its aggression or its flame on you as you fly, partly due to Lily doing her cheery best to keep the Champion's mind focused on the task at hand. The winged blonde does an admirable job at keeping the Champion grounded. So to speak. You'd be lying if you said you were at all comfortable with a less than totally stable Champion flying at your back, but better that Champion be following you than left alone out in the city. At least if it turns on you, you and Lily can defend yourself, unlike the people of the city.
>And there'll be more people there than there were when you lift, you can see. From your vantage point in the sky, you see a number of flashing lights indicative of police vehicles on the road, the majority of them heading north, towards the airport. Luckily for you, and for them, you'll get there first.

>The airspace above the airport is a light show, courtesy of the spells and energy being employed by the empowered beings there. On approach, you can see two figures in plain view above the landing field. One is a winged figure you don't know, and the other is Magical White Rose. Even with the distance between you and her, you can tell Rin is holding back as she launches a fireball at her foe.

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 05:59:25 PM »
>Does this 'winged figure' look like one of those corrupted people that came out of the plane, as best we can guess?
>If so, let's get in close enough to see how it fares against a Violet Lotus

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 11:35:28 AM »
>Does this 'winged figure' look like one of those corrupted people that came out of the plane, as best we can guess?
>If so, let's get in close enough to see how it fares against a Violet Lotus

>It could be. The shape is humanoid, and the aura it is emanating is definitely one of darkness. But there's something odd about that sensation, something that feels somehow hollow, empty.
>The winged being evades Rin's projectile with relative ease, but he doesn't evade the explosion of the fireball as easily. Caught by the blast wave, the figure cartwheels uncontrollably through the air, giving you and your group plenty of time to get into range. Based on what you can see, you would guess this man is a youkai. Either that, or Semitur's corruption gave him the bat-wings extending from his back. His skin is a dark grey in color and his bare torso ripples with muscles. As a fan of Flandre Scarlet's work, you believe this is the drummer of the group, the only male among them, though his name escapes you at the moment. He is a youkai, a bird youkai of some kind. It's never been stated, but judging from the color pattern on his wings, most believe him to be a peacock youkai. Whatever he was, he is assuredly something tainted now.
>He is also, as he struggles to right himself in the air, a fairly easy target. As the Fire Champion mutters, "That doesn't feel right..." you take aim at the corrupted drummer and fire your Violet Light, striking him squarely in the back. Instantly you sense something wrong. Your Violet light has the ability to cleanse darkness, to restore a tainted soul by removing whatever corruption has been inflicted upon it. But through your Violet Light, you realize that there is nothing to cleanse. This man literally HAS no soul. It has been removed from him completely. His body contains nothing but the malignant energy of the succubus Semitur. Purging that corruption would leave the body lifeless, or perhaps might even destroy the body.

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 03:31:54 PM »
>Does that mean we have no confidence that we could excise this corruption to render them safely incapacitated for the battle and then put their soul back afterward? Or do we think trying that might actually kill them for good?
>Barring that, do we have any way to confine or restrain them that we could feasibly pull off mid-battle?

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 04:59:50 PM »
>Does that mean we have no confidence that we could excise this corruption to render them safely incapacitated for the battle and then put their soul back afterward? Or do we think trying that might actually kill them for good?
>Barring that, do we have any way to confine or restrain them that we could feasibly pull off mid-battle?

>Having never dealt with this sort of issue before, you're not certain. You can most assuredly purge Semitur's corruption. But whether or not this would destroy the body, or merely render it inert while you deal with the larger issue, there's no way to be sure. Given the inherent non-lethality of your powers, and your own savoir's nature, you can't believe your power would ever destroy the body of an innocent. But then again, you've never emptied a body of everything that was in there before.
>The drummer appears to have been stunned by your Violet light, but you're not sure how long that will last. You could confine him in an Oubliette, but there's no way to know what effect separating him from Semitur might have on him. A bubble of Sapphire energy would probably contain him, though his attempts to escape would result in a drain on your energy. You also have the capacity to create a new light for the purpose of holding someone in cases like this, one that would be more energy efficient than Sapphire. Useful, especially if you have to hold all five of them, plus whoever else Semitur might have corrupted.

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 06:20:22 PM »
>Let's do that, then. Now seems like a good time for it!

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 08:30:22 PM »
>Let's do that, then. Now seems like a good time for it!

>Come now, Draco, you know the routine.
>What shall be the name and/or form of this spell?

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 10:35:56 PM »
>Iron Lotus: Kila That Binds The Wicked!

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2018, 09:54:39 AM »
>Iron Lotus: Kila That Binds The Wicked!

>Drawing upon your creative instincts again, your power emerges once more in a new form, taking the shape of a flat grey bolt of energy that flies through the air. The black-winged man, still stunned by his exposure to your Violet light, is again struck fully by your Iron light. A globe of pale grey energy seems to surround him for a moment, before resolving itself into a more dramatic form. The young man becomes surrounded on all sides by iron grey swords of energy, biding him in place, leaving him suspended in the sky.
>It's always nice to have a new spell work so well the first time out. Even nicer to know that you can overpower someone when you really need to. Especially if you don't want to hurt him, that helps, too.

>"Neat spell!" Lily compliments you.
>"That man has no soul."
>The blonde woman goes from smiling to confused quickly. "What do you mean, no soul?"
>"He has no soul." the Champion repeats. "He's supposed to, but it's not there."

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2018, 10:00:10 AM »
>"It's true. I felt it myself, when I struck him with my Violet Lotus. There is no soul within him to purify, and I fear that if I excise what dark power is keeping his body animate, there may be nothing left within it to keep him alive at all. Semitur must have... taken it somehow. Maybe taken all of theirs."
>Can we spot the plane she arrived on?