Author Topic: Solais' Never Updated Not So Amateur Garbage then :V  (Read 8014 times)

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Solais' Never Updated Not So Amateur Garbage then :V
« on: June 26, 2010, 12:41:54 PM »
Title says it all, Hello I'm Solais and I made this script of Satsuki Rin.

>:CLICK:<

Yes, it was made very sloppily, it functions by mere miracle, dunno why, I made it while studying for exams. This is my very first script.

Also a few notes:

- This script is dedicated to Moerin, to compensate for the death of the EoSD Rin Project from back then.
- This script is very hard. It was made especially in that sense that it's hard enough if I can't beat it. I'm only a Normal player, so others can do it.
- I'm not a programmer magician, and I cannot spit out programming wonders in a minute, this took a lot of time, while I was studying the software. Excuse me if I did something wrong, even if I used 4 Testers to test this thing.
- Oh yeah, almost forgot: It has quite a few curving lasers, and some testers complained about the framerate. I didn't have problem with that (with the exception of the third card, but the slowdown helps there), so I advice it to play on a fast PC. Blame danmakufu to being this slow.
- I'll probably won't post a new script for a while after this.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 06:02:52 PM by 偶然の妖精陰陽師 »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: Solais' Never Updated Amateur Garbage
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »
Hooooooo, boy...

First of, the presentation is Great with a capital G.  :D
The stage design is solid.
The dialogue seems good, apart from two typoes.
The boss fight is mostly good, with danmaku that felt sufficiently original.

Now, the script has one major problem:

You have a very bright background, use a lot of add-blended bullets and lasers, and limit the player to standard Reimu and Marisa who have add-blended shots and a white sprite. Often the result is that you can't see shit, captain.

Also, Embodiment of Forgotten Dreams, well, the first half I sat in a quite obvious safespot, the second half I died every four seconds or so.  :V

And the final final, well...

:derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 01:15:49 PM »
This was pretty good. The danmaku felt solid and challenging, and original to boot. The curving lazers did cause a bit of slowdown on my end XD.
And as for the final attack...
Spoiler:
TILDES.TILDES EVERYWHERE.EVEN IN THE TOILET.

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 01:25:28 PM »
oooo :] a new script thread... I'll play your script tomorrow when I can :V

I just wanted to say this:
-I cannot spit out programming wonders in a minute.
:V :V :V :V :V
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 01:39:32 PM »
You have a very bright background, use a lot of add-blended bullets and lasers, and limit the player to standard Reimu and Marisa who have add-blended shots and a white sprite. Often the result is that you can't see shit, captain.

Oh yeah, I have them colored, I forgot that they are all white originally. My bad.

Also, Embodiment of Forgotten Dreams, well, the first half I sat in a quite obvious safespot, the second half I died every four seconds or so.  :V

And the final final, well...

:derp:

Is the "obvious safespot" somewhere around Rin? I should have fixed that but...

Yeah the Final is supposed to be like that. Also, just for the notice: That Moerin sprite was made using Gappy's design not Slaves, so it wouldn't be any problems regarding Ijiyatsu.

Thanks for the compliments, it seems it's better than I thought.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 03:17:35 PM »
The safespot hes talking about is right between the 2nd to last and 3rd to last butterflies, you can just stand there and shoot Rin.

This is so awesome! You did a really good Job on it!

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 04:09:50 PM »
Maybe because I'm a normal Danmukufu player like you but The last and the Extra Last were just impossible, first of all being fast and then curvy DX

But after that I applaude you and for your epicness... V-V This member still got to even learn how to use Danmukufu, so maybe she shouldn't critic... 8,D I love the dialog but I'm a bit sad there was no ending, since this felt really special. But I'd love the beginning words.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 05:08:08 PM »
This isn't amateur garbage, seriously. There's a general trend of people trashing their own works lately, and I don't know why.

You've made aesthetically pleasing danmaku and effects and sprited really well.

The patterns are all nice, but they could use a bit of balancing, really - that's the extent of it. At the moment it's just too hard to dodge.

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 09:18:11 PM »
The patterns are all nice, but they could use a bit of balancing, really - that's the extent of it. At the moment it's just too hard to dodge.

Well, maybe I shouldn't have a renowned Bee Hunter and a Cleaver of Evil as testers. :V

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 06:41:50 PM »
Is the "obvious safespot" somewhere around Rin? I should have fixed that but...

The safespot I found for that card was at the very bottom of the screen, directly under Rin. And it was a perfect safespot too, since I just went there and eventually mashed Spacebar until the card was over :derp:

I agree, the presentation was great. I loved the background with the hex code highlighted in red, it was an awesome touch. The card that most stood out to me was the last non-card where the doppleganger Rin splits off.

The one major criticism I have (aside from the add-blended can't see shit problem Iryan pointed out) is that generally all of the phases seemed way too long.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
Re: Solais' Never Updated Not So Amateur Garbage then :V
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »
Awesome script, I really liked it. That white ghost Rin of the end reminds me of White Len from MB.... and I really liked the music too.

Some criticism: I was playing with Default Marisa A and I barely see her in some parts >_< (specially in the border Spell...).

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 10:13:36 PM »
So I decided to make another script, now an Extra boss.

Sprites almost finished, as I only have to edit and animate the wings. The danmaku are just the basic shot types from my test scripts.

Stage portion, midboss, fire, flame and firework danmaku, epic after-fight sequence guaranteed. I like epic after-fight sequences... yeeeeah.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:19:17 PM by 偶然の妖精陰陽師 »

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 01:35:36 PM »

Hey, something new again! Wonder how Fire Cirno will look as a boss...

TERRIBLE JOKE AHEAD

Spoiler:
Raining Fire -.Easy