Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 6 - now with 1200% more Nerf guns  (Read 227235 times)

Re: League of Legends Thread 6 - now with 1200% more Nerf guns
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2012, 03:21:13 PM »
0/15 soraka hnng I keep being in unsafe places because I'm used to having hard cc

also volibear oh god how do I stop this thing silence does nothing

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2012, 03:34:22 PM »
I picked up Blitz
that amazing feel when you grab a low-health champ from Baron and fuck their entire attempt up

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »
Remember to bind /laugh to T when playing Blitz, and spam it every time you ruin someones day

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »
Man I always die a shitton with other supports :derp:

I always go balls deep in with Ali and Taric and don't come out alive, and I get picked off before I can even cast all my crap as Soraka. At least with Ali/Taric I eat a lot of CC allowing my team to come out on top but my deathcount is still mad high

I also seem to end games quicker with Sona. I guess it's mostly cause Sona is best midgame when everyone is kinda squishy in teamfights so one good ult can result in a quick surrender.

I should use Janna more :derp:

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »
You shouldn't be dying because you waded into the center of battle as a support.  In addition to not being able to heal/CC/etc your team if you're not around, any auras you have obviously stop working if you're dead.

Unless you are absolutely the tankiest on your team somehow (Quite plausible with Alistair, maybe possible with Taric if everyone else is playing glass, exceedingly unlikely with other supports really), as a Support, the only time you should be closest to the enemy is if your party is beating a retreat and you jumping in the way, distracting them, and ultimately taking the bullet is going to save your teammates [specifically those who have effects that lose stacks on death - bloodthirsters, etc. - or have kill streaks going, to avoid the enemy team scoring a gold bonus].  And even then you should be damn sure you will actually save them as a result.  It's kind of a last resort thing.

Though yeah, if the enemy team is dragging you out and focus-firing you, there's not too much you can do about that except make a puchase or two to boost your defenses and make them spend that extra bit more to take you down.

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2012, 06:45:25 PM »
Yeah. That game I was trying to jump the carry with my stun + ultshatter burst every time though since he was the only one who was super fed. That plus frozen heart and randulins kept him down even though he had both zilean ult AND guardian angel reviving him over and over again

and then afterwards I would die :derp:

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2012, 08:50:10 PM »
Remember to bind /laugh to T when playing Blitz, and spam it every time you ruin someones day

i have /l bound to middle mouse button
and /t bound to mouse 4

HA. HA HA HA HA. HA. THE TIME OF MAN HAS COME TO AN END. HO. HO HO HO. HO. HO.

You shouldn't be dying because you waded into the center of battle as a support.

pretty much this. with some exceptions(leona), i typically just stand next to my carry and peel for him on all my supports

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2012, 10:33:42 PM »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »
there's this thing called EXHAUST

look into it

I WASN'T SUPPPOSED TO BE SUPPORT ;w;

Edit: I'm getting that ahri skin the moment it's out.

it's perfect AHRI I'M TRYING TO BRANCH OUT BUT YOU KEEP BEING SO PERFECT ;w;
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:20:01 PM by Chaore »

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2012, 05:19:50 AM »
i have failed you yi

i have failed you every time

my skills are inferior :fail:

also tried the smite baron over the wall trick but i couldn't find the spot so yi just started walking around the pit

so i was like oh shit and flashed over the wall to try to smite steal but it was too late :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:22:19 AM by Suikama »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2012, 08:24:37 AM »
Draven just got released over here, herp.

Who do I save up for first? Ahri or Gangplank?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
Oh man

So apparently IronStylus has been dropping secretive hints all over the forums in the form of code, and all signs point to it being about the identity of champion #100:
Spoiler:
It seems to be a lunar equivalent to Leona's sunlight motif?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2012, 07:57:30 PM »
pulsefire ezreal

looks incredibly cool

...3250 rp

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2012, 07:59:17 PM »
wow it even upgrades when you level

he even gets his own player icon separate from normal Ezreal

...3250 rp
Although less than a normal legendary for the duration of the sale
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:21:52 PM by Suikama »

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2012, 08:04:58 PM »
Though the skin will be 50% off for the first 4 days or something like that. Might be a good reason for me to pick up AD carries :P

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2012, 08:25:53 PM »
Looks awesome but yeah

too expensive for my blood

Now get me an ahri version and we're talking

theshirn

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2012, 09:04:05 PM »
the original source was some korean site

so koreeaannnssss

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2012, 05:39:34 AM »
pulsefire ezreal

looks incredibly cool

...3250 rp
PULSEFIRe EZREAL THERE

I AM SO EXCITED

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
  • The Main Character (Really!)
    • Blank
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2012, 05:49:45 AM »
Now if only they could update older models or something of the sort.

...Where's my game?

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2012, 05:59:05 AM »
So, out of the complete blue I got a 10 IP Boost.

... Can you gift people IP boosts or something ooor do they just hand them out to completely random people? I checked my purchase history and there's no record of me buying them in case of some random inebriated/getting hacked buying spree.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2012, 06:29:06 AM »
So, out of the complete blue I got a 10 IP Boost.

... Can you gift people IP boosts or something ooor do they just hand them out to completely random people? I checked my purchase history and there's no record of me buying them in case of some random inebriated/getting hacked buying spree.
random IP boosts seem to get handed out to people from time to time, I know I've suddenly had them before

EDIT: Oh christ

So apparently the Public Beta servers now have the Proving Grounds as an official custom games map - rebuilt for what is essentially ARAM-style play (Complete with custom "No recalling" rules [literally, no recall, and no healing/shopping at base once you leave], a new summoner spell, specialized item listings... you get the idea)

Fuck.  Yes.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:48:09 AM by Garlyle »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2012, 08:52:40 AM »
Now if only they could update older models or something of the sort.

they're working on soraka right now and they literally just redid ashe

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2012, 01:00:31 PM »
Play my first ranked game.

Play AD Carry [Specifically Kog'Maw], which I don't do often but can do.

CV/Clarity Soraka Support. Dosen't seem great. Especially since she said she's never used CV before. Bear in mind this person firstpicked support and wanted support.

She is spamming starcall and goes AP. Dosen't buy a single ward.

I end the game 8/0/9 and we win. [Me and our 11/0/4 Renekton who was against a Darius carried hard] Placement matches ELO FTW?

LEAGUE OF DRAAAAAVEN

Is it bad that some of them actually work? Like BoneClaw Shyvana. Of course some of them suck, like the Heimer one.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 01:04:40 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »
Played my first ARAM today.  It was just a 2v2 [Evelynn & Mordekaiser vs. Taric (me, how absurdly lucky) & Singed) but oh my god.

I had no idea what I was doing building Taric as a pseudo-hybrid but apparently it worked because we won.

I MUST PLAY MORE these are amazing, I seriously can't wait for murderbridge to make it to the official client now

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2012, 04:15:30 PM »
Played my first ARAM today.  It was just a 2v2 [Evelynn & Mordekaiser vs. Taric (me, how absurdly lucky) & Singed) but oh my god.

I had no idea what I was doing building Taric as a pseudo-hybrid but apparently it worked because we won.

I MUST PLAY MORE these are amazing, I seriously can't wait for murderbridge to make it to the official client now

I'm curious as to how Singed really works in ARAM seeing as you're not supposed to run away much. There's not exactly much area to chase Singed after all.

That said they were Eve, who has similar issues with ambush potential lacking severely, and of course being Eve, and Mordekaiser, who has Health costs for his skills, and is pretty bad early so...

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
the Singed I was paired with worked pretty much as normal for teamfight situations - he chased you around, made you panic, harassed... and when he got an opportunity, ran in and threw you.  Which comboed absurdly well with Taric's stun->ultimate->shatter to suddenly make people really, really squishy.  Add in the fact that I was building a fairly hybrid-style Taric and... yeah, it worked better than expected (I think I bursted down Evelynn from full health near the end of the game by myself which is kind of hilarious)

in other news, a 5v5 was just completely lopsided when the entire enemy team was ranged... and our entire team was melee tanks and/or fighters [except for a Kayle].  I think it was... Amumu/Blitzcrank/Garen(me)/Kayle/fuckifIcanremember vs Lux/Annie/Ashe/Varus/someoneelseIcan'tremember.  Almost all of our kills came from a Blitzcrank - otherwise we were simply running into a wall of arrows.  It was hilarious.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:33:11 PM by Garlyle »

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2012, 04:54:27 PM »
*esports*

Also cant wait to try out
no items
mid only
FINAL DESTINATION
I mean ARAM
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:57:08 PM by Suikama »

theshirn

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »
in other news, a 5v5 was just completely lopsided when the entire enemy team was ranged... and our entire team was melee tanks and/or fighters [except for a Kayle].  I think it was... Amumu/Blitzcrank/Garen(me)/Kayle/fuckifIcanremember vs Lux/Annie/Ashe/Varus/someoneelseIcan'tremember.  Almost all of our kills came from a Blitzcrank - otherwise we were simply running into a wall of arrows.  It was hilarious.
Yeah, that happens in ARAM.  It can be fun, but you can also get games that are already over once the champs are rolled. :(

ARAB less so, and I like the fact that they're moving the higher starting gold and level over to Proving Grounds; it means fewer games are going to be fruitlessly walking into a meat grinder for 15 minutes.