Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 468229 times)

Too bad I don't have the game.  :V
But I think everyone represents a religion making each religion have 3 characters except Taoism plus two mystery character.

Warning spoilers of the characters...kind of
Spoiler:
Shinto would have Reimu, Marisa and Nitori because she helped Suwako and Kanako before.
Taoism would have Miko, Futo
Buddhism would have Byakuren, Ichirin, and Koishi because Byakuren wants to help Koishi with her state.

If only had the game... But overall from then looks and sounds of it, I would really love to have this game. And Koishi is controlling herself.
Currently a normal player

Where are people buying their copies of the game?

I have not been in the fandom when a new game came out (found my way here right after Ten Desires hit); do the usual vendors send them out this quickly, or is it on Tasofro's website, what?

PJ

• jesus christ it's all over the walls
Spoiler:
Shinto would have Reimu, Marisa and Nitori because she helped Suwako and Kanako before.
Marisa isn't Shinto, she's the "Magician Representing Humanity". So, if anything, she'd prefer Tao over Shinto.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
You know... I never understood why people were calling the whole 10-13 arc "Religious War". There was no conflict between the factions at all. (no more than normal for Gensokyo, at least). At most, there were some sparks between Byakuren and Miko in SoPM. Kanako showed 0 interest in going against either them; hell, the Moriyas helped Byakuren build her temple, even.

All I'm saying is that I don't see how the story turned the religious conflict in a red herring, since there was no real religious conflict in the first place.

Also the final boss is adorable.
Spoiler:
Using her masks to express her emotions is too damn cute aaaaaaa

As for everything else, I'll just say, with complete honesty, I don't remember the last I had to much fun playing a game. I was so damn happy that I didn't even get mad when the game crashed before the last boss. Goddamn, I'm still smilling like an idiot from my first playthrough!

Now to desperately try to stop the game from crashing so I can finish it!
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Unfortunately, the game crashing looks like a pretty common problem. I'll give it a few days before Tasofro can make a patch to fix all these problem.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
Changing the locale to japanese stopped my game from crashing before the final boss, but Koishi's specials still crash.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
So looks like Koishi's thorny roses are what's crashing the game for me. Even with it patched it still crashes

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
Marisa isn't Shinto, she's the "Magician Representing Humanity". So, if anything, she'd prefer Tao over Shinto.

Also, Nitori's a member of the kappa group that dislikes religion.

Also,
Spoiler:
Mamizou would be Buddhist at best, considering her ties...

Do we have any actual details in the in-game story yet? Maybe Nitori represents Kanako without realizing it, since Kanako is trying to become a god of technology. By showing off the power of technology, Nitori is gathering faith for Kanako but has no idea that she's doing so, which leads to hilarity in the ending.

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
Do we have any actual details in the in-game story yet? Maybe Nitori represents Kanako without realizing it, since Kanako is trying to become a god of technology. By showing off the power of technology, Nitori is gathering faith for Kanako but has no idea that she's doing so, which leads to hilarity in the ending.

Mind telling me the ending via PM? Don't want to spoil it for others.

So looks like Koishi's thorny roses are what's crashing the game for me. Even with it patched it still crashes
You're not alone, as far as I know that's the case for everyone.

Hey. Anyone know how to unlock characters? Missing the last 2 for versus

Hey. Anyone know how to unlock characters? Missing the last 2 for versus
You unlock one by beating Story Mode with the first 8 (on any difficulty). The other can't be unlocked yet, as far as I know. I'm told this is because she's unfinished and not ready to be played. Presumably she'll be patched in at some point.

can someone translate the options menu? trying to get rid of lag as much as possible but i don't want to use the half fps setting
this thing is more demanding than crysis  :P

fondue

• excuse me
Apparently,you have to run the game on  japanese locale.
Applocale refuses to run with it though.
E: How do you patch the game?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 06:36:32 PM by ☯The Embodiment of fondue☯ »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Any info on what the new item cards do yet?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
can someone translate the options menu? trying to get rid of lag as much as possible but i don't want to use the half fps setting
this thing is more demanding than crysis  :P
Same here. It lags REALLY heavily on the newspaper part especially. What's the best set of options for reducing lag for it?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

SeasideCharizard

• Mysterious Flying Donation Box
Same here. It lags REALLY heavily on the newspaper part especially. What's the best set of options for reducing lag for it?
I'd half the frame rate; this game in particular doesn't suffer many adverse effects from it, and pretty much all your lags disappears (unless that's not the problem).
Trust me, it's not as bad as, say, Melty Blood's 1/2 frame rate  :V

Taken from the Touhou Wiki
"Human Village stage  Alice Margatroid, Eirin Yagokoro, Fujiwara no Mokou, Kaguya Houraisan, Keine Kamishirasawa, Kosuzu Motoori, Reisen Udongein Inaba, Rinnosuke Morichika, Suika Ibuki, Tewi Inaba, Yuugi Hoshiguma, several humans"

What? Yes I know its a wiki but whats this all about?

EDIT: Just saw the pic on the first page in the human village I also don't see Suika and Yuugi so I guess its just an error

CyberAngel

• Retired
Say, what's the lowest screen resolution this game has?

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Taken from the Touhou Wiki
"Human Village stage  Alice Margatroid, Eirin Yagokoro, Fujiwara no Mokou, Kaguya Houraisan, Keine Kamishirasawa, Kosuzu Motoori, Reisen Udongein Inaba, Rinnosuke Morichika, Suika Ibuki, Tewi Inaba, Yuugi Hoshiguma, several humans"

What? Yes I know its a wiki but whats this all about?

EDIT: Just saw the pic on the first page in the human village I also don't see Suika and Yuugi so I guess its just an error
Right here:

She's pretty hard to see. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't notice her. Lonely Alice is lonely, I guess.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

She's pretty hard to see. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't notice her. Lonely Alice is lonely, I guess.

Aww she's all alone but she looks so cute! She's not there on the pic in the first page, can the audience change or was that just an older pic?

Atfyntify

• Danmakufu worshipper
  • I worship Danmakufu
I have a question, how do we unlock other characters for story mode? Because I can only play as Reimu and Marisa. I've beaten story mode with Marisa but not Reimu yet.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOUHOU 14!

Aww she's all alone but she looks so cute! She's not there on the pic in the first page, can the audience change or was that just an older pic?
Iku and Tenshi have been added later on to the Palanquin Ship, so the audience can (well, could) definitely change. There's no way to know with Alice, though, as the first screenshot we saw of the Human Stage was scrolled too far to the left to see her.
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Iku and Tenshi have been added later on to the Palanquin Ship, so the audience can (well, could) definitely change. There's no way to know with Alice, though, as the first screenshot we saw of the Human Stage was scrolled too far to the left to see her.

Good point, but Suika and Yuugi aren't there in the first pic either (mind you they could come out every now and then throughout a battle I have no idea.)

Okay... They really need to balance Miko as she is too overpowered. Just by spamming her lazer-attack I completed the story mode nearly without getting hits (Mamizous demon parade was too much).
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

I have a question, how do we unlock other characters for story mode? Because I can only play as Reimu and Marisa. I've beaten story mode with Marisa but not Reimu yet.
As far as I know from all the comments, keep on beating the story mode a pair in any difficulty with to unlock a new pair, so on so forth until you get Mamizou.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
Damn the game crashed after the dialog with the final boss. Anyone know why?

Play as Reimu and then you'll get Byakuren and Miko and just keep beating the stories.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
Where are people buying their copies of the game?

I have not been in the fandom when a new game came out (found my way here right after Ten Desires hit); do the usual vendors send them out this quickly, or is it on Tasofro's website, what?

I don't know for sure but you can try websites that keep Japanese games in stock. I got the game from a friend so I'm all good.

Though I hate having to play with 1/2 framerate but the lag is killing me.