Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade: Countdown to Mima  (Read 145791 times)

Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade: Countdown to Mima
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2013, 12:39:17 PM »
I think the final character will be revealed on Reitaisai 10.

can`t wait for it.
Less than hour from its release you will find fan-art all over the Pixiv...
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2013, 12:43:59 PM »
Bets on how fast Rule 34 on that character will come are open.

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2013, 01:05:34 PM »
From what time does Reitaisai 10 will be open this sunday?

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2013, 01:32:42 PM »
Bets on how fast Rule 34 on that character will come are open.

< 40 Minutes. Nuff Said.
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2013, 01:39:04 PM »

< 40 Minutes. Nuff Said.
I'm gonna bet < 20 minutes for a crappy doodle then.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2013, 03:41:11 PM »

Isn't the release Sunday since I'm pretty sure the site states
5月26日日曜日
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2013, 03:46:29 PM »
Isn't the release Sunday since I'm pretty sure the site states
Yeah... It is released on Sunday.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2013, 04:04:34 PM »
Apparently Koishi and Nitori have taken lessons from Kogasa.

Seriously. What do those two have to do with this game's theme?

Annoyed that unless Seiga is the last boss, Seiga isn't in the game. Seiga would have been perfect for a game like this, especially with Yoshika shenanigans [Or just Yoshika fighting instead]

Although Soga making it in pleases me. Like Ichirin is a flat and boring hitbox that has some redemption hope in this game [Although she remains a hitbox], Soga is getting some too from her 'Random midboss and final boss summon!'.

[Rooting for Shinki final boss for the luls]

Also, find it weird there's no Moriya rep. Makes me think Final Boss may be Kanako/Suwako. That said, haven't they kinda given up on faith by now? Suwako had by MoF...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 04:07:29 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2013, 04:59:28 PM »
Edit:

Nevermind, I figured out Last Words from the wiki.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 05:02:16 PM by Sanger Zonvolt »

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »
Y'all need to stop talkin' bad about Ichirin before you get slapped.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2013, 05:26:15 PM »
You know, on Ichirin, I was a bit angry that she was playable while Murasa and Shou were not, but thinking about it, she makes sense. She's a temple's nun (unlike Murasa) and knows how to fight (unlike Shou, and Nazrin's too cunning for direct confrontation). Hopefully, there will be more information on her role in the temple and her personality in general, since I liked her the least out of the whole UFO cast. (Star Platinum reference also helps :D)

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2013, 05:28:07 PM »
I actually disliked Ichirin the most out of the Myouren bunch as well, but I think this game will make me like her as much as the others. She just got a level up in badass, y'know?

« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2013, 05:47:59 PM »
Ichirin's the wheel that guards and is guarded. Maybe she'll end up being like a more plucky less butt-monkey and bombastic Meiling or something (too bad her guard role feels kinda... inconsistent to me now since Kyouko had it in Ten Desires). Now that she'll presumably have her own storyline, we can hopefully at least see more of her personality. UFO barely gave any of it out at all, given that she didn't even have any dialogue in any endings and her dialogue with all the heroines was practically the exact same thing for all six paths and more about the UFO pieces than anything to do with her. She didn't even get a backstory in her profile like Shou, Nazrin, and Murasa did. It took until SoPM to give her one (though at least she finally got one).

(hilariously enough, as an aside, when it comes to in-game portrayal, Kogasa's probably the most developed personality in UFO besides maybe Byakuren. Every single one of Kogasa's dialogues in the six paths are different and touch upon a different aspect of her philosophical outlook on life or personality, while for every other character besides Byakuren, the conversation is almost the same across all six paths, if I recall correctly).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 05:50:53 PM by Tiamat »

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2013, 05:52:07 PM »
(hilariously enough, as an aside, when it comes to in-game portrayal, Kogasa's probably the most developed personality in UFO besides maybe Byakuren. Every single one of Kogasa's dialogues in the six paths are different and touch upon a different aspect of her philosophical outlook on life or personality, while for every other character besides Byakuren, the conversation is almost the same across all six paths, if I recall correctly).

This is hilariously true. I do recall Byakuren has different reactions to the character's presence and goals, but it doesn't change much across their two shottypes. Reimu was about her duty, Sanae was kind of a "I guess I gotta fight you lulz" (Byakuren: Srsly.) and I can't recall Marisa's.

Kogasa is probably the most developped character in the entire series, what's with the unending list of quirks ZUN gave out about her.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2013, 06:06:02 PM »
too bad her guard role feels kinda... inconsistent to me now since Kyouko had it in Ten Desires
Kyouko doesn't really have a guard role, does she? She's just an apprentice whose training consists in cleaning the main gate, which is the only reason the heronie runs into her at all.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2013, 06:35:05 PM »
Kyouko doesn't really have a guard role, does she? She's just an apprentice whose training consists in cleaning the main gate, which is the only reason the heronie runs into her at all.

Well, it's not directly stated, but her BGM being "The Youkai Before the Gate" and many of her dialogues with the heroines does kinda give off gate guard vibes (like with Youmu, and she tells Reimu, "My morning duties are sweeping, cooking, and meeting challengers", etc) even if that clearly isn't her main focus/job/occupation. It always felt like the "I'm not officially the gate guard, but I still guard the gate" kinda thing to me, which just makes Ichirin's guard position look kinda... redundant. Unless Ichirin's like, the guard when the temple is in ship mode, I suppose, which might make more sense since Ichirin seems more aerial than Kyouko and her stage is the Palanquin Ship, not the Temple.  And that was her job in UFO, too.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:39:31 PM by Tiamat »

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2013, 06:56:20 PM »
Apparently Koishi and Nitori have taken lessons from Kogasa.

Seriously. What do those two have to do with this game's theme?

Also, find it weird there's no Moriya rep. Makes me think Final Boss may be Kanako/Suwako. That said, haven't they kinda given up on faith by now? Suwako had by MoF...
The Moriya folk appear in the stage backgrounds, so that's unlikely.
Nitori's a member of the kappas that dislike religion, and Koishi is a layperson at the Myouren Temple. Also, her profile said that pretty much joined in for the lulz, or something.
Either way, they both have some connection to religion.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »
I honestly will be dissapointed if one of Byakuren's spellcards doesn't allow her to use her specials without needing to chant them . I mean, Magician's Sultra Scroll has been stated to have an "auto-chanting" mode what allows her to use spells by just waving it around.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2013, 10:18:37 PM »
Well, it's not directly stated, but her BGM being "The Youkai Before the Gate" and many of her dialogues with the heroines does kinda give off gate guard vibes (like with Youmu, and she tells Reimu, "My morning duties are sweeping, cooking, and meeting challengers", etc) even if that clearly isn't her main focus/job/occupation. It always felt like the "I'm not officially the gate guard, but I still guard the gate" kinda thing to me, which just makes Ichirin's guard position look kinda... redundant. Unless Ichirin's like, the guard when the temple is in ship mode, I suppose, which might make more sense since Ichirin seems more aerial than Kyouko and her stage is the Palanquin Ship, not the Temple.  And that was her job in UFO, too.
"Before the Gate" can simply mean she's in front of the gate, which would make sense since her job is sweeping there...
But regardless, she's a low-level youkai, and I don't think they'd put someone that they pratically just met to guard the place, specially since they have far more powerful people with them. I always thought of her as an "alarm system" instead of someone that's expected to repeal attacks; you can hear her fighting from miles away, and since she's located at the gate, any enemy would need to pass through her.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2013, 10:36:53 PM »
Why would they really need a guard at the gate in the first place? It's a temple, open to visitors. While presumably they don't want people stealing stuff, to a large extent it's a public place that values being inviting over being secure.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2013, 10:43:06 PM »
Why would they really need a guard at the gate in the first place? It's a temple, open to visitors. While presumably they don't want people stealing stuff, to a large extent it's a public place that values being inviting over being secure.

Now I have a mental image of a bunch of vandals stealing Shou. :V
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Tengukami

« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2013, 11:08:35 PM »
I can see a guard at a temple. Especially if it's one with some valuable stuff in it. Museums have guards, too, and they're not keeping visitors at bay. In Kyouko's case, I get more the feeling she's there to do chores, but sort of takes it upon herself to have guard duties.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2013, 11:13:00 PM »
But rather than the front gate, wouldn't it be more efficient to have them watch the vault where they keep the artifacts?

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2013, 11:23:17 PM »
But rather than the front gate, wouldn't it be more efficient to have them watch the vault where they keep the artifacts?
You'd be right, but don't forget that Kyouko says that she brand spankin' new to the temple. I don't think it would be a very smart decision to leave something as valuable as the vault to a newbie like her.
I finally got ahead!

« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2013, 11:27:30 PM »
You'd be right, but don't forget that Kyouko says that she brand spankin' new to the temple. I don't think it would be a very smart decision to leave something as valuable as the vault to a newbie like her.
Which is the point. She's not a guard, she's sweeping. Maybe acting as a greeter too.

« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2013, 11:36:07 PM »
She's a temple's nun (unlike Murasa) and knows how to fight (unlike Shou).

to think that Cirno (but not limited to) is "more fitting" for a fighting game or "a better fighter" than the war god's representative (*).. I call fraud detection warning on you, Shou :V  (even Komachi wasn't supposed to be hitting people with her scythe, but she does anyways)

(*) this reminds me of a 4-koma where either Nue or Murasa (don't remember which) was defeated by Shou in under 30 moves in shogi, because of that

in other news, my guesses for today (anb I haven't even played the demo or re-read the characters' descriptions):
- Reimu = balanced type
- Marisa = rushdown/straightforward type
- Ichirin = heavy-hitter type (reminds me of Fiona, from Arcana Heart series, or Karulau, from AquaPazza; they've got range and damage, but not so good startup and recoveries)
- Byakuren = balanced type (by lack of other ideas), she would still be able to fight without preparing her moves, but would benefit from doing so (play normally or defensively, until you get the chance to prepare skills, then you have one more option for offense or defense, gradually shifting the momentum in your favor, a bit like Arcana Heart's Yoriko's pentagrams/triangle inputs which temporarily power up her moves)
- Futo = zoner or defensive type (getting stronger, status-wise as the match goes on, favoring players who can stay alive longer)
- Miko = either rushdown or balanced or speed-oriented type (I think the lack of defensive features on her would be nice as it forces the player to be able to do instant blocks, and thus making use of the game's system better than it would if she had also good defensive features)
- Nitori = gimmick type (reminds me of Faust, from Guilty Gear series)
- Koishi = zoner (setting up things on the screen for later activation) and/or long-range-type (like Clarice/Scharlachrot/Kamui, again, from Arcana Heart series, who, despite their long-range attacks, have good mobility, but aren't good with dealing with close-range pressure)

if there was to be a grappler type, it could be more probably Nitori or Ichirin. (besides Reimu's last word)
Byakuren could be a speed-type character (from her "super-human" spellcard), in case the game lacks one.
I'd like to see a stance character (could be Mamizou, if she really gets to be in the game), and a heavy zoning character (like Maori, in AH), hopefully Koishi (or someone else) fits this role well.

finally, have some IaMP character page for comparison (the point being: 8 characters on it too)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2013, 11:37:52 PM »
>What's Koishi got to do with HM story

"With neither hopes nor dreams." Her state/ability is the perfect defense against both Miko's desire-reading and the culprit's hope-stealing.

Hmm, as an aside, "Thief of Hope" is a memorable card name from Magic: The Gathering.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Tengukami

« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2013, 11:40:51 PM »

Not necessarily? Guards are often at gates. This is a thing. Her need to fight "intruders" when she's just attending chores shows, though, that this is not really her official capacity.

« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2013, 12:17:17 AM »
Saying Shou can't fight is a bit misleading. SoPM only says she can't fight with the spear, but she has an awesomely powerful laser artifact. Which relies on her "attract treasures" power to get ammo. She's less a brawler and more artillery, but that's still fighting. Although based on how they split up the religious fighting styles (Buddhism = close-range and Taoism = dense shots) I suppose it makes sense to leave her out of this. Lasers sound more Taoist than Buddhist in this context.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:22:20 AM by Clarste »

« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2013, 12:21:40 AM »
Not necessarily? Guards are often at gates. This is a thing. Her need to fight "intruders" when she's just attending chores shows, though, that this is not really her official capacity.
The simple fact though is that you're not an "intruder" in TD. You're a "guest". She has no reason to believe that you mean harm, and it's not like the graveyard is off-limits to guests. Havign someone near the gate to keep track of people and going makes sense, but it's not her job to fight intruders. My understanding is that she only attacked you out of youkai instinct, completely ignoring her instructions as a student of the temple. Which seems to be a thing.

For what it's worth though, in HM Ichirin seems to have been explicitly asked to look over the temple while Byakuren is away.

edit: Oops, double post. Should I combine it with the previous post and blank this or something?