Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade: Countdown to Mima  (Read 145885 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade: Countdown to Mima
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 02:35:17 AM »
Nah, they just slapped her onto the disc because Gpop and SirBlueberry will buy eight thousand copies each thus providing 75+% of their revenue :P

Is that implying they're the only Koishi fans here?
Also, I had that avatar already, what the hell.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2013, 02:42:53 AM »

But Kosachi has hearts in his!

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2013, 02:47:20 AM »
Only eight thousand

Sir, you underestimate my abilities.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2013, 02:48:34 AM »
But Kosachi has hearts in his!
Yes, because it has a background it's CLEARLY better.
And in case anyone is wondering, yes, I am a little jealous.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2013, 02:51:53 AM »
Is that implying they're the only Koishi fans here?

Certainly we couldn't be the only two Koishi fans here, but perhaps the only ones crazy enough to buy 514,000 copies of the game.

Only eight thousand

Sir, you underestimate my abilities.

As many as it takes, right?! :getdown:

Yes, because it has a background it's CLEARLY better.
And in case anyone is wondering, yes, I am a little jealous.

I just went for a more simple approach. Who needs a background anyways? :V

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 02:56:00 AM »
*realizes she hasn't posted anything on the new developments since they started, and that she's gone beyond Reimu levels of laziness into Yukari ones...*

Sure have an interesting group of fighters; as if I wasn't already shouting at Tasofro to take my money for the game.  Gonna have some fun fights in the future...and maybe this time I'll actually hook up 2P controls and drag someone down with me.

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 02:56:42 AM »
That most interesting HM analyzer from the previous thread tweeted: in the Mausoleum screenshot, the thing to the lower left of Byakuren should be Yuuka's umbrella. I wholeheartedly agree.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 03:10:18 AM »
OP should also put a link to the blog in the first post.
It might be Yuukas umbrella but I'm not entirely sure. I can;t think of what else it would be though.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:13:46 AM by Imosa »

Mayson

• The future... A new age!
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 03:30:58 AM »
You people are hopeless! Still talking about that disk with Koishi on it. Tsk. Although I agree, those eyes... actually, they are creepy.

There's also one artist Chabo on twitter, who animated a returning character, yet was surprised to see her not being revealed.
Now this is interesting. Counting 1 and 1 together and the fact that most characters are revealed it can only mean one of two things:
1. He is talking about Mamizou
2. He is talking about the last boss

If it is the latter, that means the last boss will be a returning character! I still root for Shinki as goddess and ruler of Makai!

That most interesting HM analyzer from the previous thread tweeted: in the Mausoleum screenshot, the thing to the lower left of Byakuren should be Yuuka's umbrella. I wholeheartedly agree.
That likely means she is not playable, though.

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2013, 03:34:20 AM »
There's also one artist Chabo on twitter, who animated a returning character, yet was surprised to see her not being revealed.

You wouldn't happen to have a screencap of this somewhere?

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2013, 03:58:07 AM »
RE: the poster of the roster leak, it's the person who discovered the list himself posting at both 4chan and Wakaba. He listed both Koishi and Mamizou after the Nitori reveal, and indicated at 4chan he also leaked the US passwords of Phantasy Star Portable 2 first. Few believed him.

He mused on whether he should have made more of an effort hyping/teasing his leak. Good thing he didn't!

You wouldn't happen to have a screencap of this somewhere?
Chabo is the artist who animated Okuu for Soku. Back then his involvement in Soku actually made it into the Touhou Popularity Contest's "biggest Touhou news" poll.

On twitter, he said he was the main animator on one character, and also worked on Futo. He was quite excited about the reveal of his character, until it dawned on him the reveal is not going to happen. He posted this, then deleted it:

The character I'm responsible for is not in the [revealed] list.
What's also notable is he used an unusual pronoun "washi" to refer to himself. And "washi" is Mamizou's characteristic "old man" pronoun.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:30:35 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Mayson

• The future... A new age!
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2013, 04:07:02 AM »
RE: the poster of the roster leak, it's the person who discovered the list himself posting at both 4chan and Wakaba. He listed both Koishi and Mamizou after the Nitori reveal, and indicated at 4chan he also leaked the US passwords of Phantasy Star Portable 2 first, but few believed him.

He mused on whether he should have made more of an effort hyping/teasing his leak. Good thing he didn't!
Chabo is the artist who animated Okuu for Soku. Back then his involvement in Soku actually made it into the Touhou Popularity Contest's "biggest Touhou news" poll.

On twitter, he said he was the main animator on one character, and also worked on Futo. He was quite excited about the reveal of his character, until it dawned on him the reveal is not going to happen. He posted this, then deleted it:
What's also notable is he used an unusual pronoun "washi" to refer to himself. And "washi" is Mamizou's characteristic "old man" pronoun.
Then all evidence is pointing towards Mamizou. Now I'm just curious who the silhouette is.

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2013, 04:16:22 AM »
Woooooaaaaaah, so Mamizou o/
Pretty excited to see how she plays and what relationship she might have with the silhouette. Speaking of the silhouette, what kind of ability do you guys think she might have?

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 04:19:44 AM »
Where I have no problem with Mamizou being int he game, I really hopse she doesn't steal a spot of potential new character
@Hinacle I've had an idea of her using spirits for majority of her attacks. At the beggining of the match, she only has few spirits to work with, but as she becomes more popular, she will call for more spirits, making her attacks stronger or have more range. Her Last Word would her trapping her opponent with her spirits and then unleashing a massive source of energy upon them.

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 05:17:23 AM »
You are all overlooking the most logical conclusion:
The final boss is Kosuzu that has been possessed by the grimoires.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 05:36:46 AM »
Wait, so are there actually eleven characters or only ten?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, Sango Tororetsu posted the actual FB link for the leak in the old thread, so it should be legit.  Here:
https://www.facebook.com/letthewindsblow/posts/511272048893780

I don't have a FB account, so I can't check it...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:46:01 AM by game2011 »

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 06:09:15 AM »
Wait, so are there actually eleven characters or only ten?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, Sango Tororetsu posted the actual FB link for the leak in the old thread, so it should be legit.  Here:
https://www.facebook.com/letthewindsblow/posts/511272048893780

I don't have a FB account, so I can't check it...

That link is legit.
And nobody knows for sure how many characters are going to appear, but going by said link it's 10 including both mamizou and an undisclosed "boss" character. (Who's presumably mima new)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 06:11:04 AM by Frog »

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 06:21:17 AM »
Why Countdown to Mima?

But Mima will never return because ZUN is already ignoring all the PC-98 characters.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2013, 06:39:37 AM »
You are all overlooking the most logical conclusion:
The final boss is Kosuzu that has been possessed by the grimoires.

Possible, although that would mean that FS would eventually have to directly lead its plot to HM if this is so.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2013, 06:55:37 AM »
Possible, although that would mean that FS would eventually have to directly lead its plot to HM if this is so.
Yeah... And I don't think that will happen.
Well, it would be quite a twist though.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2013, 08:00:35 AM »
@final boss: The final boss will most likely be playable. Like all final bosses of the previous Touhou fighting games, they have all been playable.

@Mamizou: She is most likely not the final boss.

@Shinto character: While Reimu is a Shinto shrine maiden, she was never shown to be working for Shinto, unlike the Moriyas.

Can Koishi even be contained like that? I mean, if it strikes her fancy she can simply disappear from everyone's sight for as long as she wants...

I don't think that's how her ability works... She isn't invisible or anything. She just has no presence.
For example, if you take Youmu, when she was trailing Sakuya, was talking about how she has no presence, because she is half ghost. However, Sakuya was still easily able to detect her, because Youmu is just terrible at hiding.

My guess now is the final boss is related to Shinto.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Touhou 13.5 Hopeless Masquerade: Countdown to Mima
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2013, 08:14:47 AM »
I think the OP's updated enough. This thread will likely hit 1000 again around release date and take a 4th (!) iteration.

Wow.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2013, 08:21:36 AM »
What the.....Koishi was a definite surprise. I take it she's been working with Kogasa...

Mamizou....probably to be expected. After all, Nue had to get her to do something after yanking her all the way across the barrier in 10D. Oh, and that means there might be some of those weird shikigami again. Wonder if Ran's going to make an appearance just so they can have a showdown.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2013, 08:41:01 AM »
I haven't gotten an answer to this yet.  What exactly is the "returning character" thing Chabo talked about?

Thanks in advance!

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2013, 08:45:02 AM »
I haven't gotten an answer to this yet.  What exactly is the "returning character" thing Chabo talked about?

Thanks in advance!
Mamizou was implied, but obviously it's supposed to be a secret. "Returning" in this context means "not new to this game". Mamizou would be returning from TH13, Nitori is returning from TH10, etc. For reference, non-returning characters in previous fighting games include Suika, Iku, and Tenshi, who were all introduced in fighting games.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:47:37 AM by Clarste »

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2013, 09:06:04 AM »
I've been reading the wiki and have yet to find a place in the HM article which states each character's special abilities.  Am I missing it completely or they really isn't anywhere there explaining them?  I've forgotten how Ichirin's is, and if Reimu's is just limited to her changing sides of the screen.

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2013, 09:13:02 AM »
Ichirin charges up a super-mode from taking damage. Or dealing damage. One of those. It's not really that super though.

Reimu has a slightly larger spirit meter.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2013, 09:16:19 AM »
Each character's abilities are listed in their bios. Unfortunately , they haven't been keeping track on translating them that much.

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2013, 09:36:02 AM »
I meant on the Touhou Wiki itself.  Not everybody's been accompanying the forum for the info so it'd be good if it stated their abilities somewhere.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2013, 09:40:21 AM »
That what I ment with my reply. Their character pages have their HM bio, but most of them haven't been translated.