Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...  (Read 323105 times)

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...
« Reply #540 on: June 26, 2009, 02:39:29 AM »
effing Y!

*was already there* I'll save the mistress before Tea Time!
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #541 on: June 27, 2009, 08:34:10 AM »
I play 'Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis'. It takes place at an alchemy school, and as alchemists need materials, there is in fact a Student Store. There not only giving the tutorial but selling the 'finer' ingredients of the game (stuff like cloth, paper, and other whatnots, whereas the moustachioed baldie sells ores, metals, and liquids) . . .

Is the female shopkeeper whose name I can never remember. It should be noted that . . .

She has short, black hair.
She has a little necktie.
She has detached sleeves.
She also makes several mentions of money (asking you to come back with more money when you leave the shop, calling you penniless rascals with a smile on her face during the tutorial when your party member says you didn't bring any money, etc.).

How could she NOT remind me of our favorite Shrine Maiden of Paradise?

(In a semi-unrelated note, occasionally one of your party members will jump in after you've made a synthesis of an item; after you make the 'Bad Girl' outfit, which is not at all risque and actually somewhat retro, chain and all, resident ghost Pamela [who would get along smashingly well with Yuyuko, for certain] suggests that you make something cuter. Cue her suggesting you make an outfit reminiscent of a shrine maiden. Yes, your character gets slightly weirded out by this.)
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #542 on: June 28, 2009, 05:56:24 AM »
A bottle of sunscreen I found in the house claims to have 30 FPS.

"Man, that's only running at half!"
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #543 on: June 28, 2009, 06:24:20 AM »
I bet Remilia uses 60 FPS when she lies out in the sun. On her veranda, in a tiny black bikini, Sakuya smoothing the lotion over her porcelain skin, fingers stroking over her lithe frame ...

Er, excuse me ...

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #544 on: June 28, 2009, 08:15:20 AM »
AN-yways.

You know you're addicted when you start trying to GRAZE in the Nova stage or VS Kabula in Kirby Superstar Ultra (hell, I may have succeeded once against Kabula, oh-the-memories).

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #545 on: June 28, 2009, 08:36:57 AM »
I bet Remilia uses 60 FPS when she lies out in the sun. On her veranda, in a tiny black bikini, Sakuya smoothing the lotion over her porcelain skin, fingers stroking over her lithe frame ...

Er, excuse me ...

sounds hot. Very hot.
actually its supposed to be pretty cool today. I think i'll take a walk on the lakefront.

.....seriously that sounds hot  :V
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Easy Mode

« Reply #546 on: June 28, 2009, 08:56:44 AM »
I'm still having my Alice in Wonderland themed sweet sixteen.
Maybe not entirely Touhou, but I asked mom to get me a Grimoire of Alice cake. It's more of a possibility than I though. She said maybe. The Winegars on 4800 does custom cakes. Nothing too wow, though.
I am GETTING THAT ALICE COSPLAY FOR SURE. She said:
"Shut up. I'm getting you that stupid costume."
So expect my dumb ass in a blond wig spam.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #547 on: June 28, 2009, 08:58:02 AM »
AN-yways.

You know you're addicted when you start trying to GRAZE in the Nova stage or VS Kabula in Kirby Superstar Ultra (hell, I may have succeeded once against Kabula, oh-the-memories).
Hmmmm.... Not a bad idea.

KumaKinko

« Reply #548 on: June 28, 2009, 01:42:46 PM »
Every summer this old weirdo sells Bubble shooter near a McDonald's.
Today I passed him as he was shooting a stream of bubbles in an attempt to attract customers and I tried to grave the bubbles like danmaku

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #549 on: June 29, 2009, 12:19:52 AM »

Er, excuse me ...

TSO, draw that now, with a loli-fabio >=P

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #550 on: June 29, 2009, 01:17:57 AM »

Er, excuse me ...

TSO, draw that now, with a loli-fabio >=P
I favor this idea/command!
All in favor say Aye!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #551 on: June 29, 2009, 01:19:56 AM »
Remilia
vampire
sunbathing

I approve 100%.

Sean

• The Disturbed Leader of Four Against Nature
« Reply #552 on: June 29, 2009, 06:18:56 AM »
My friends have started a running gag that I make out with my monitor because my desktop image has Sakuya on it.

I'm not sure if this is an indication that I'm addicted to Touhou and my friends are painfully aware, or just that my friends are assholes who want to annoy me. Probably both.....*sigh*
This Signature only existed in my mind.

« Reply #553 on: June 29, 2009, 11:56:15 AM »
When it's the only reason your learning Piano.

And when you buy Perfect Memento in Strict Sense even though you can't read Japanese.

Gambit

« Reply #554 on: June 29, 2009, 04:38:24 PM »
In Rock Band 2 I decided to create Mystia and the Prismriver Sisters the best that I could.

Now I'm wondering what their band name should be and which of the three sisters would fit the role of drummer.

Gpop

« Reply #555 on: June 29, 2009, 04:41:17 PM »
In Rock Band 2 I decided to create Mystia and the Prismriver Sisters the best that I could.

Now I'm wondering what their band name should be and which of the three sisters would fit the role of drummer.

How I would do this:

Lunasa = Guitar (Violin)
Lyrica = Drums (Keyboard and flexible on any instrument)
Merlin = Bass
Mystia = Vocals

And you have RB2? If you have Xbox 360 I'd totally like to play with you and Doomsday93

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #556 on: June 29, 2009, 04:56:11 PM »
Well at the beach I saw a pattern of bubbles that looked like First Pyramid. Well they didn't, but I thought they did for some reason and got Old World stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Gambit

« Reply #557 on: June 29, 2009, 05:01:04 PM »
How I would do this:

Lunasa = Guitar (Violin)
Merlin = Bass
Mystia = Vocals
That is exactly what I was going to go with and yes I have for it for the 360.

My gamertag is Gambit178. 

Gpop

« Reply #558 on: June 29, 2009, 06:50:36 PM »
How I would do this:

Lunasa = Guitar (Violin)
Merlin = Bass
Mystia = Vocals
That is exactly what I was going to go with and yes I have for it for the 360.

My gamertag is Gambit178. 

Fucking awesome. Added.

You should post a screenshot of your characters so I can use it to make my own Prismriver band as well.

« Reply #559 on: June 30, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »
I saw a commercial about Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) and thought about Sakuya.

« Reply #560 on: June 30, 2009, 03:23:50 PM »
My brain saw "USA" and went "usa" yesterday.

Gambit

« Reply #561 on: July 01, 2009, 12:47:30 AM »
Fucking awesome. Added.

You should post a screenshot of your characters so I can use it to make my own Prismriver band as well.

The best I can do is take a picture with a digital camera so the quality isn't going to be greatest, but once I find out where I put my camera I will try to post some pics.

« Reply #562 on: July 01, 2009, 04:26:56 AM »
Someone mentioned "nines" and I thought of Cirno.

Also, I was trying to find where a box of oatmeal bars went on a shelf, and my gaze sweeped over them in a pattern that reminded me of Koishi's Rorsharch in Danmaku spell. I then had her theme stuck in my head until the lunch break. :x

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #563 on: July 01, 2009, 04:53:15 AM »
Gergoth: So epic that he vomits Master Spark.

No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #564 on: July 01, 2009, 08:42:39 AM »
Every time I hear G Free... I'll go and play CtC Stage 6 and try to beat her last spells.

hmmm... does this count as being addicted?

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #565 on: July 01, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »
Every time I hear G Free... I'll go and play CtC Stage 6 and try to beat her last spells.

hmmm... does this count as being addicted?

Hmm . . . I guess.

Meanwhile, here's a list of Signs Of Touhou Addiction Viewed While Playing Kirby Super Star Ultra . . .

1) You realize you ended up grazing one of the cores in the Nova Nucleus.
2) Instead of just guarding and hoping for the best, you dodge flawlessly when fighting the Computer Virus's Evil Knight . . . in particular, the one where he 'throws knives' (knives rain from the ceiling).
3) You do a no-damage run of Kabula -- and mutter 'Spell Card Get'.
4) You say 'Hax Sign: Burn Everything' when you activate Crash power.
5) You do best in Helper to Hero playing as Plasma Wisp*. In fact, you pass up your runs as both TAC** and Rocky** for fastest time.

* Plasma Wisp is a Helper that is unlike all the rest; he doesn't walk. Ever. At all. Instead, he levitates . . . and his ability has him firing bolts of plasma that can be charged to form different attacks by way of pressing the D-pad. His block puts a little shield around him and roots him in place -- making him very useful. However . . . you can see now how this is a sign of Touhou-addiction.

** Both Helpers with invulnerability/invincibility powers.

« Reply #566 on: July 01, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »
You know you're addicted when you hear the Windows XP Ding, and imagine G Free played on ... whatever that instrument is.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #567 on: July 02, 2009, 02:52:43 AM »
When you misread something about window glazing as grazing.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #568 on: July 02, 2009, 04:07:40 AM »
"Pad" in any context makes me think of Sakuya ...
I saw this "sleep pretty in pink!" perfume or whatever, which made me think of SDM Pretty Tea Time ...
Biking through the woods at night, fireflies made me think Wriggle, frogs making noise and going "gloop" into the water made me think Suwako ...

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #569 on: July 02, 2009, 04:17:54 AM »
Whenn absolutely EVERYTHING that can relate to physical violence is derived to martial arts, and then to Meiling. Or, when you start playing Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room every time you step into a library.