Author Topic: Capitalism, Ho ... merun! Moshidora Thread  (Read 1834 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Capitalism, Ho ... merun! Moshidora Thread
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:51:26 PM »
So, how many of y'all are following this?

This is the low-down: A high school girl decides to use Peter Drucker's famed book "Management" as a guide for leading her school's baseball team to the nationals.

This is a concept with so much potential for unintentional comedy, sheer genius, or trainwreck popcorning a la Rio Rainbow Gate, that I feel I must watch. Will Drucker's "ethical capitalism" help a team playing a sport as unrelated to luck as baseball? Can capitalism triumph, or will a spanking from other regional teams lead the main character trying Das Kapital instead? Will this be a sentimental hearkening to the "good old days" of Japan's bubble, or will this be a post-modern critique on the failure of libertarianism? I eagerly anticipate answers!

The first episode just came out, and there's going to apparently be a new episode every weekday until all 10 air. As far as first episodes go, it's a little shaky in establishing a parallel between capitalism and baseball, both the OP and the ED are forgettable, and yet it has truly inspired moments. I'm not normally big on sports dramas, but this could turn out to be a fun little diversion this season.

Thoughts?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: Capitalism, Ho ... merun! Moshidora Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 06:26:24 AM »
This is a concept with so much potential for unintentional comedy, sheer genius, or trainwreck popcorning a la Rio Rainbow Gate, that I feel I must watch. Will Drucker's "ethical capitalism" help a team playing a sport as unrelated to luck as baseball? Can capitalism triumph, or will a spanking from other regional teams lead the main character trying Das Kapital instead? Will this be a sentimental hearkening to the "good old days" of Japan's bubble, or will this be a post-modern critique on the failure of libertarianism? I eagerly anticipate answers!
Oh my god, this sounds like exactly the kind of thing I would enjoy watching. I absolutely must watch this (after Strike Pantsu, after Madoka).