Author Topic: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion  (Read 371695 times)

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
Re: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion
« Reply #210 on: October 09, 2012, 02:14:41 AM »
I swear if Koishi appears in that game, I'm going all the way to Japan to give ZUN and Taosfro a big hug.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #211 on: October 09, 2012, 03:47:22 AM »
I swear if Koishi appears in that game, I'm going all the way to Japan to give ZUN and Taosfro a big hug.
hey man that's my job

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #212 on: October 09, 2012, 04:18:26 AM »
hey man that's my job

Then it's both our job >_>

ZUN, give us all our favorite subconscious loli.

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #213 on: October 09, 2012, 04:55:35 AM »
Dammit, I discovered this while I was at school in the library, got scolded for my super loud fangirl squeal...

I personally hope it's more like SWR than IaMP difficulty-wise...
I'm no good at fighters and I like looking at least a bit competent in them...

*Prepares flame shield*

« Reply #214 on: October 09, 2012, 05:43:30 AM »
b-but IaMP rewarded good fundamentals more so you wouldn't even need those jump loop combos... ;_;

anyways, I do hope that this game has a True Last Boss. And she has a cape, uses skittles as well and is a nightmare to players everywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEzi4soBnJc
(obligatory S!AH2 version post) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjUa_TY1xgc

Hoping for Yorihime as well, too.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #215 on: October 09, 2012, 07:13:37 AM »
I'm a fan of SWR's physics and concepts myself as well. Install mode for supers was neat in IaMP, but SWR flight was a huge step up from simple air dashes for more free-form movement and more certainty between the Melee and Bullet mechanics. I'm a big fan of games having a fluid and versatile movement game so Soku is the Touhou fighter for me, even in spite of weather shenanigans and balance issues. Though IaMP has some stupid balance issues too despite having a lot smaller character roster. The more variable neutral game is just so much worth the tradeoff for its experimental stuff, compared to the more mechanical step/air dash movement of the first game. It's the same reason I like Arcana Heart and Smash Bros. so much as games; the more analog and less digital the game, the more fluid it feels and the more inviting it is to explore.  IaMP/Street Fighter/Most other fighters feel like I have to buy a wedding ring for my jump arc since every little thing it so over dedicated.  As for the Melee/Bullet divide, A/B "Sometimes" being bullets and "Sometimes" being Punch and Kick just felt like a crapshoot since it doesn't allow all options at all times. Moves functioning differently at different proximity to the opponent reinforces that digital nature, where Soku's smaller Melee diversity in favor of a moveset that disregards proximity and lets you do whatever move whenever you want; even if you make the wrong move, the point is it's still up to you and not the game what move you do. IaMP has some things I like more, like the constant stream of bullets when held instead of charged up shots and the offensive bombs for some interesting combos. I'll never be able to get behind IaMP Alice, but that's mostly just an issue with the huge differences in game mechanics that emphasise less stage control and more rushdown.

It looks like there's a large neutral game in this new one too from the distances and height of Marisa and Reimu, so hopefully it can be as fluid and approachable as SWR/Soku, with a stronger reward and combo game like in IaMP. I like both games' Super mechanics, but both have flaws too. The random and limiting nature of SWR's vs a smaller moveset diversity/customisation in IaMP.

We know for sure that it'll be fun though. Tasofro has yet to make a fighter I can't enjoy.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:29:27 AM by iK »
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Hazdoc

• Pew Pow
« Reply #216 on: October 09, 2012, 09:54:53 AM »
Ah man

can't wait for this to come out
And I hope it has Okuu.  It might not, which is sad, but one can dream.  Well, it should have Kanako, so maybe I'll play her.
Let's play some videogaems.
LoL: Hazdoc

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #217 on: October 09, 2012, 01:39:06 PM »
I wasn't around when the previous fighting games were announced.  Do we only get to know everything when the game is released, or does new info come out before then?

Thanks in advance!

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #218 on: October 09, 2012, 02:13:02 PM »
I wasn't around when the previous fighting games were announced.  Do we only get to know everything when the game is released, or does new info come out before then?

Thanks in advance!
SWR and Soku if I recall had gradual updates, but usually close to release I think. But they only reveal playable characters from previous games, not the new character/boss. That's for the people who play it to find out themselves :P

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #219 on: October 09, 2012, 03:40:42 PM »
Welp a recent blog post came out from Tasofro about Hopeless Masquerade.
http://www.tasofro.net/cgi-bin/tasoblo/tasoblo.cgi?no=60

It reveals 2 things:

1. The game is being coded entirely from scratch. So no material from the previous games will be used whatsoever.

2. The game is still in it's VERY EARLY stages of development. So chances are we may not see it this Comiket. So if anything we may have to wait till Reitaisai before a demo comes out.

At least this is what I was told from the gist of someone translating it. But either way this suggest we're going to be in for some waiting time before more stuff about it comes out.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:42:18 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #220 on: October 09, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »
Welp a recent blog post came out from Tasofro about Hopeless Masquerade.
http://www.tasofro.net/cgi-bin/tasoblo/tasoblo.cgi?no=60

It reveals 2 things:

1. The game is being coded entirely from scratch. So no material from the previous games will be used whatsoever.
dd
2. The game is still in it's VERY EARLY stages of development. So chances are we may not see it this Comiket. So if anything we may have to wait till Reitaisai before a demo comes out.

At least this is what I was told from the gist of someone translating it. But either way this suggest we're going to be in for some waiting time before more stuff about it comes out.
[font=&#65325]I said, It took a great deal of planning to announce Ms. ZUN[/font]
Dammit google chrome translate...

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #221 on: October 09, 2012, 04:50:31 PM »
I didn't get that translation.  I got this:
"I have to say, it took a lot of time until the announcement from Mr. ZUN Planning"

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #222 on: October 09, 2012, 06:02:37 PM »
Watch this game takes a few years like SWR did :V

Totaku

« Reply #223 on: October 09, 2012, 06:36:56 PM »
Watch this game takes a few years like SWR did :V

Well, SWR actually too approximately a little over a year to make.

It was announced in early 2007, revealed at Reitaisai 07', a demo was later released at Comiket that year, then a second demo earlier the following year, then at Reitaisai of 08, the game was released.

So if anything I wouldn't be surprised if it takes roughly around just as long to complete. Though the release of Touhou games seems also planned out. We'll have to wait and see what ZUN and Tasofro has cooked up for this game. I say we'll likely start seeing some light on this around Reitaisai next year at the earliest.

And considering the time of the announcement, and the journal that declares they're building it completely from scratch and it's in it's early stages of development... my actuall estimate of the game's release will likely be set for....

Winter of 2013 (Winter Comiket) (could be wrong you know, but Tasofro only has some many working hands)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:43:13 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #224 on: October 09, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »
Hopefully they don't give the release date as 'When it's done'. :V

In regards to Koi:
I swear if Koishi appears in that game, I'm going to hope that she isn't as crazy as her Freak Fortress 2 boss version let alone the Koishi Hell one.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:48:55 PM by ✚まどか Quick-Fix Medic »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2012, 06:55:47 PM »
I was already waiting for another danmaku game to come out earlier than the fighting game, now my hopes are higher even though there already is the new manga to come out.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Kami-sama!

• All hail the great Kami-sama!
« Reply #226 on: October 09, 2012, 08:42:01 PM »
I hope we get a final spell theme.  :3

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #227 on: October 09, 2012, 09:41:01 PM »
If Koishi is in, she better damn well have WLen's invis run and Len's fake jumps/movement.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #228 on: October 09, 2012, 09:59:11 PM »
ITT people wants Koishi

Formless God

« Reply #229 on: October 09, 2012, 10:39:50 PM »

« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »
Competent STG or shitty game more like. Just being an STG doesn't save a game from being bad.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »
zengecu pls

Pretty sure what Zengeku said there was that while fighters aren't generally his thing, he found SWR fun, which is a wee bit different than "STG or shitty game".

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2012, 12:14:45 AM »
@iK: (trying to stay on a civil conversation, like you :D)
- flight is okay (hated the spirit consumption while grazing, though)
- I once wondered why IaMP uses such control scheme regarding how close you are to your opponent, and then realized that most characters have fast projectiles with really fast startup (Reimu's needles, Marisa's lasers, Sakuya, Suika, etc) on their far shots and stopped relying on them, and instead relied more on the melee moves. far moves are good for poking from afar (can stop the opponent from declaring), and don't forget that your air backdash comes out faster than in SWR/Soku, allowing you to counterattack immediately with a melee move (unless you're cornered). SWR/Soku's shots seem more balanced for close range, like a "second" C shot.
- one other thing that I liked in IaMP (besides having overall faster normals and -- with more normals than in SWR/Soku, more normal hitboxes to defend or attack with) was that high jump cancels were also faster in IaMP (at times, the one cornering his/her opponent can hjc and punish his/her opponent's hj with a melee, though he/she also risks losing the attack initiative, making him/her choose his next moves with more care), which also allowed me to use said hjcs to cut the recovery from using bullets on the ground (like with Yuyuko, for example). If I wanted to stay on the ground, I could follow said hjc with an airdash.
- lastly, I think, the bullets (regular and from specials) in IaMP were slower and covered a wider range (with relation to the screen size), but that's imho a difference in how both games are played. Soku seems to emphasize momentum more (blockstrings feel like they have bigger frame advantage, so the one defending has to try to escape, rather than having more options for countering), which would be why it's more difficult to get into your opponent in it through bullet cover. IaMP has (imho, once more) fun elements that aren't as obvious, while Soku/SWR are more friendly to beginners (who usually like cool graphics, facilities like autocombos and one-button supers and don't enjoy having to think about why he/she lost), but not limited to them.
- regarding Arcana, I like how I have useful normals (and also, how it feels that if I eat a combo, it feels fair because the combo was -- for the most part -- hitconfirmed, instead of autopiloting blockstrings -- the kind of play where the opponent plays the same way, no matter what his opponent may respond with) and thus have to mind about the neutral game I find to be so much fun. Also the creative character playstyles and the huge customization potential.

Like I said somewhere else, my guess is that, judging from the screenshots, the characters don't seem to be voiced.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2012, 04:19:59 AM »
I doubt we'll ever get a voiced Touhou game, or at least an official one. There's bound to  be a voice patch though, or at least I hope.

I wish I hadn't learned about that game's future arrival, now I'll be obsessing over it for months, if not a whole year >_>

« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2012, 05:01:29 AM »
Soku seems to emphasize momentum more (blockstrings feel like they have bigger frame advantage, so the one defending has to try to escape, rather than having more options for countering), which would be why it's more difficult to get into your opponent in it through bullet cover. IaMP has (imho, once more) fun elements that aren't as obvious, while Soku/SWR are more friendly to beginners (who usually like cool graphics, facilities like autocombos and one-button supers and don't enjoy having to think about why he/she lost), but not limited to them.

This is an extraordinarily biased statement.

Totaku

« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2012, 05:47:46 AM »
Well I got one more piece of news to report from the same blog post that was from Tasofro since I went and asked a community to confirm the translation of the blog he also pointed out this...

I'd also like to add that in the last few lines he's saying that personally, he'd like to release some game play footage next, but he's also (jokingly) afraid that people would be like "why the hell are you making that kind of game" after seeing the game in motion.

Maybe this means the game mechanics are going to be pretty unorthodox (at least more so than the last game), and I've seen some japs speculate it's about the flight system; it might be confirming that the game is going to be like Psychic Force (or the last battle in Sanae's storyline in soku), with little to no grounded fighting at all.

Put that idea into your head for a bit.... Touhou: Psychic Force Style!
Now I Twitter

Anon

• Some Nobody
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2012, 06:36:22 AM »
Put that idea into your head for a bit.... Touhou: Psychic Force Style!

I absolutely adored Psychic Force. I have no problems if it's like that.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »
This is an extraordinarily biased statement.

imho = in my humble opinion

In other words, he's admitting his bias ahead of time. Pointing it out is kinda redundant.

Also:
japs
Just want to point out that this word is considered a racial slur. I know the edgy folks on 4chan love tossing this word around but I'm glad it's not something that gets used here. I realize you're quoting someone, so I'm not pointing the finger at you. Just voicing my distaste for the word in general

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Totaku

« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
Just want to point out that this word is considered a racial slur. I know the edgy folks on 4chan love tossing this word around but I'm glad it's not something that gets used here. I realize you're quoting someone, so I'm not pointing the finger at you. Just voicing my distaste for the word in general

Well I tried to get rid of all the words that we're like this. But I missed that one I guess... Sorry about that. ^^; (He said it twice overall now.) I can still get rid of it if necessary.

But either way, since he supports the post I made regarding the game being in early stages in development, and the fact it's being built from the ground up it seem to make sense he also point out about the plans to show game play footage at some point.

But yeah when you put idea of what he mentions about the blog post and his idea together with the screenshots. It actually kinda makes sense. So that's why I'm anticipating that this fighter will likely be semi or completely flightless and possibly danmaku heavy. But this is another only time will tell case.
Now I Twitter

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
So my prediction may be true then.

I dunno, I like their attempt at them being unique to the previous two fighters, so I'm quite curious to see how it'll turn out now.