Author Topic: [Art] Marin's Magical Art Vault: What are YOU looking at?  (Read 4838 times)

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
[Art] Marin's Magical Art Vault: What are YOU looking at?
« on: March 15, 2011, 02:55:42 AM »
Soo~ I finally decided to make a thread here.
that's pretty much it.  Hope you enjoy, I guess?
Let's start with the anime-like ones~

Satorin. Because she's awesome. (I tried to erase the lines of my notebook and failed epically)

The result of being fantastically bored at school~ Pen-only Okuu. (as you may see, it was really early in the morning so my mind was a complete blank and I had forgotten several things)

And now, as I've been trying it recently, I'll show you my realistic-like ones (basically how I think touhou characters would look if they were real girls. Yes, I suck at this)

(Koishi looks like she's wearing make-up >.<)
(Yes, I have an obsession with  SA~)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:11:28 AM by Marin The Magus »

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
Re: [Art] Marin does...uh...Various stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 03:42:02 AM »
Very cool style you got there.

One bit of criticism, though. I would watch your head placement. Some of the heads on your drawings sticks a little too far out than it should which makes the neck and body look a bit awkward.

You should do more of the realistic stuff, looks pretty nifty.
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

[HJD]Red_Herring

• Having a bad case of life, can't help it.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
give me more of your obsession; it is one with style.

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 08:54:31 PM »
Your art is cool, Marin! You do nice eyes and even nicer shading, they feel nice to look at ^_^

Adding to what Roji said, if you don't mind:

though the size of the head makes the other body parts look a bit strange , enlarging the torso width (as well as the arm width) would make it look a lot better. Makes her look more physically fit, in my opinion. Then again, you can never be too versatile with anime-ish art, so you might get greater reception just improving the style the way it is instead of  just accounting for what was pointed out in the current criticism and improving it from there.

A little more advice, though you may already know this:
Drawing people and objects in different perspectives one after another would probably improve your skill more than just drawing the same subject in the same perspective over and over. That way of thinking very much hindered my own progress, so I hope anyone reading this gets something helpful out of this advice. :)

I'm looking forward to any future pieces!

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 09:38:31 PM »
OH MY! YOU FINALLY DID IT!
im so proud of you imouto XD

i love the shading very much~~

Marin The Magus

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:38:38 AM »
Your art is cool, Marin! You do nice eyes and even nicer shading, they feel nice to look at ^_^

Adding to what Roji said, if you don't mind:

though the size of the head makes the other body parts look a bit strange , enlarging the torso width (as well as the arm width) would make it look a lot better. Makes her look more physically fit, in my opinion. Then again, you can never be too versatile with anime-ish art, so you might get greater reception just improving the style the way it is instead of  just accounting for what was pointed out in the current criticism and improving it from there.

A little more advice, though you may already know this:
Drawing people and objects in different perspectives one after another would probably improve your skill more than just drawing the same subject in the same perspective over and over. That way of thinking very much hindered my own progress, so I hope anyone reading this gets something helpful out of this advice. :)

I'm looking forward to any future pieces!
First of all, thanks.
Second of all, I make the heads and the torsos like that on purpose. I simply like to do so. I don't know if that's the proper term...It's like, when I notice a mistake I make, I correct it right away. But I don't feel like correcting those. It has become an habit.  Well, actually with the torso it's just 'cause it looks good in a unrealistic way. I don't really like to do a lot of realism when I'm drawing anime~
Also, I used to do a lot of perspective drawings. But I got bored of it xD
'sides, as I was barely starting with the realistic stuff, I thought that doing them in different perspectives would only make it more difficult (y'see, I hadn't drawn realistic-style in quite a while, and before I used to suck even more. If that's possible). 
(btw, I would upload something, but I don't have the scanner right now, so next time I will~)   

Marin The Magus

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 09:18:01 PM »
I made Flandre-chan~  (I need to remember to bring my 6B pencil at school >.<)
I tried to do her bangs in a way they emphatisize the "european" style of flandre. The smile took me quite a while. But I have much worse problems to draw smiles in anime style XD. Also, f*ck you, mob hat. You and your mobhatnes....
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:51:37 PM by Marin The Magus »

Marin The Magus

Ayayaya~

Aya is one of my mains in UNL. I am thinking of also uploading Youmu and Yuyuko by tonight (my other two mains). They'll be composed in the same way: a pattern at the side, some shadow sections with the shape of somethin' (I'm thinking butterflies for Yuyuko and simple slashes or cherry blossoms for Youmu), and the character, of course. I'll upload them as they come~

Marin The Magus

Youmu-chan~
It turned out pretty different from what I had imagined. Still, it's acceptable~
In the end I decided to make cherry blossoms. Well, there's only one more to go~ Yuyuko :ohdear: I've never drawn her :ohdear:

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
Lovely decorations~
I see you started using more ink, too. It looks great that way.
And thanks for the Flandre <3 she needs more love.

Marin The Magus

Re: [Art] Marin's Magical Art Vault: What I was drawing while ignoring you~
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 12:47:35 AM »
Sooo~  I soon forgot to make yuyuko. Why? Well, I had something I wanted to do since quite a long time ago...
GENDERBENTS!
GB Remi
GB Satori
I am also making Nue and Aya, but I didn't have time to ink them~

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?
Re: [Art] Marin's Magical Art Vault: Genderbents~~
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 01:46:58 AM »
Remi = Shota + Wings :V

..your genderbent Satori looks delicious though.
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 11:52:45 PM »
MANTORI
REMANLIA
On the other side, I dislike shotas with a passion. But the thought of manly Satori is enough to override that!

Marin The Magus

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 02:21:30 AM »
Remi = Shota + Wings :V

..your genderbent Satori looks delicious though.
HE'S MINE (?)

MANTORI
REMANLIA
On the other side, I dislike shotas with a passion. But the thought of manly Satori is enough to override that!
Heh.  A man that wears clothes with hearts. How more manly could he be!?
Also, as school is taking most of my time and I can barely draw a line without getting caught, in these days I could only paint GB Satori~

This way of painting is fast and easy; and the best thing, it makes my drawings look like something that came out from a Pink Floyd video. I think I'll keep it for now~
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:11:52 AM by Marin The Magus »

Marin The Magus

Re: [Art] Marin's Magical Art Vault: What are YOU looking at?
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 04:20:09 AM »
Weekend~Yay~
I can finally upload some stuff~
GB Ayayayayayayayayaya(...)
Realistic Scarlet sisters~

Nue didn't turn out well, so I threw  it~ I might try to re-do him, though~

Marin The Magus

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 12:52:18 AM »
Today I woke up with the philosophical question of: Why the hell didn't I upload some drawings yesterday!?
Well, here's something...With Yuuka and Medicine...
(Yes, I know Medicine's posture isn't okay, but I did it with Pen and I couldn't erase it unless I wanted it to look incredibly worse ...)
I imagined Yuuka saying, I dunno, some kind of compliment to Medicine, but when I showed it to my friends (or rather, when they finally conviced me to show them after a while of being tortured by them) , they said "It looks like the mother (Yuuka?) is saying that if she doesn't act like a good girl she'll hit her with the umbrella" XD
This is an OC I made quite some time ago
And finally, as my brother (AKA Sercan) requested it, I drew his favorite
 OC

It's in, uh, "sketch" format. Which means, I only drew her so I could get an idea of the design n' stuff ('cause I change my mind really suddenly :ohdear: ). After this, I would like to make a more awesome pic of her, mostly because I'm not quite proud of how I made THIS one. But oh well...  I KNOW It could have been worse =_= Seriously, when I ink something, it turns into a chaos...I miss my professional inking pen xD...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:07:49 AM by Marin The Magus »

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »
And finally, as my brother (AKA Sercan) requested it, I drew his favorite
 OC

It's in, uh, "sketch" format. Which means, I only drew her so I could get an idea of the design n' stuff ('cause I change my mind really suddenly :ohdear: ). After this, I would like to make a more awesome pic of her, mostly because I'm not quite proud of how I made THIS one. But oh well...  I KNOW It could have been worse =_= Seriously, when I ink something, it turns into a chaos...I miss my professional inking pen xD...
:* YOU ROCK! IT'S CAWAII :D
thankyou!

Marin The Magus

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 08:23:46 PM »
FUCK YEAH TOUHOU TD DEMO IS OUT AND I CONVULSIONATED ON THE FLOOR (?) !
And to celebrate it, here you have Zombie Loli! (Yoshika  is amazing. And her theme too. It's like drug to my ears)