Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138272 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
That feeling when your Jinx/Vel'Koz lane turns around a gank 3 for 0.

Admittedly their support was Bard and their Jinx was poked low; but still; Rango showed up, I reacted to the ! over us and E'ed on Jinx; hitting Rango as he jumped in [So predictable] and then I just QWR'ed him and he died.

Wrecking Rango is fun. Gotta love predictability.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Wrecking Rango is fun. Gotta love predictability.

You are implying he couldn't have just jumped on you instead, or really, just waited for you to pop your cooldown and then jump on either of you.

Simple because you know he's near doesn't mean Rengar is predictable, it just means you can guess.

Seen a few jungle rengars recently. I cringe b/c hes always on my team and always very useless.

Without running the orianna ball with him, I can't see why hes being picked.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
You are implying he couldn't have just jumped on you instead, or really, just waited for you to pop your cooldown and then jump on either of you.

Simple because you know he's near doesn't mean Rengar is predictable, it just means you can guess.

That's why i stressed predictability.

Who you gonnas focus, the Jinx closer to the river or the vel'koz closer to the tower?

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
That's why i stressed predictability.

Who you gonnas focus, the Jinx closer to the river or the vel'koz closer to the tower?

That's nothing to do with predictability.

EDIT:
Picked this game up a few weeks ago, got placed into Bronze and went Silver IV within a week, AMA
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:09:58 AM by Bardiche »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2015, 08:28:33 PM »
Skerner is free this week, I'm pretty happy. I was gonna get him next with my IP, but looks like I can try him out before I buy now.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2015, 08:09:33 AM »
Skerner is free this week, I'm pretty happy. I was gonna get him next with my IP, but looks like I can try him out before I buy now.
now how can I rekt noobs who dont know what skurnur is, when everyone and their mothers play him? :C (also yes, I guess their mothers dig the stinger ;3)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2015, 12:20:52 AM »
now how can I rekt noobs who dont know what skurnur is, when everyone and their mothers play him? :C (also yes, I guess their mothers dig the stinger ;3)
Maybe this week I might be a Skorner newb, but after that decidedly less so, since I'll have actually bought him come week's end.

Also I get to use my IP on runes instead for the time being.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2015, 08:11:38 AM »
Opinions on Ryze before: OMG RYZE TRASH RIOT PLZ

Opinions on Ryze after Huni plays him maxing W not Q: OMG BROKEN RITO PLZ

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2015, 10:28:20 PM »
Opinions on Ryze before: OMG RYZE TRASH RIOT PLZ

Opinions on Ryze after Huni plays him maxing W not Q: OMG BROKEN RITO PLZ

>implying you didn't think the exact same thing

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2015, 05:46:15 AM »
>implying you didn't think the exact same thing

I was on the fence and neither played Ryze myself or played against him. I never really played Ryze so I didn't comment either way.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2015, 07:20:02 AM »
I was on the fence and neither played Ryze myself or played against him. I never really played Ryze so I didn't comment either way.

so it's okay to insult people working off of the information they were provided if you had no information about it yourself? so you were literally behind the people complaining and yet you're still shit talking them

i mean you constantly go on about winrate. his winrate was 41% until people figured out w max, so by your usual logic he was garbage

Bardiche

« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2015, 11:59:43 AM »
Eh, Ryze feels OK with the max W first thing. Maybe it's because I'm not that good, but it's not like he'll waltz in and destroy your entire team.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2015, 03:17:50 PM »
On the very day that the 5.10 patch come out (about a week ago), Ryze's win rate jumped dramatically. With the new +75 mana in the utility tree and a big buff to his passive, it was obvious that he was going the be a lot better. But he's not really that broken though, just really annoying to play against in some matchups now. Basically, Riot relieved some of his early game laning struggles by giving him an actual all-in option once he hits lvl 3. But he's still going to be sitting on a tear/catalyst for most of laning and the usual champions that can get in his face and fuck his shit up (like irelia) still do. After 25 minutes, he's basically the same Ryze before 5.10, The only difference now is that there's less instances of "gg ff at 20 report troll ryze for feeding" when you ganked and tower-doved and go 0-2 in the first 15-20 minutes and then everyone on the whole team instantly going on full tilt, despite the fact that the gold difference between the team is only ~10%, the enemy has a shitty team comp, and you're half-way stacking RoA and about to get your seraph's embrace; but it didn't matter because they surrendered anyways.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2015, 08:03:28 PM »
so it's okay to insult people working off of the information they were provided if you had no information about it yourself? so you were literally behind the people complaining and yet you're still shit talking them

i mean you constantly go on about winrate. his winrate was 41% until people figured out w max, so by your usual logic he was garbage

I wasn't insulting anyone.

I was commenting on the sudden switch in opinion. Which happens every time the community say 'X sucks' and then the people in the know actually prove them wrong. And then they act like some sort of combination of sheep and parrots. I was commenting on the pattern. Not insulting anyone. Don't put words in my mouth.

And I don't use winrates alone. Especially not for a recently reworked champion unless the skill-level required is very low; or the winrate is very high. [Ashe being at 52% in soloQ might be an issue; for example; although she seems to be stable there]

New Ryze's skill level was significantly higher than Old Ryze. A drop in winrate is expected regardless. Winrate is an indicator; not the sole one. You need to also consider popularity [Sheep and generally bad players] and difficulty [Compounds with popularity.]. If it was the sole indicator Lee Sin would need a pretty drastic buff. But he's difficult and very popular. So his winrate falls due to bad Lee Sins. Contrast Elise; who has a very low pick rate and win rate. Despite her being somewhat difficult; this is bad, because you can assume the people who still play her know what they are doing.

Also contrast say; Rammus who has a high winrate but a very low pick rate; indicating he is being picked into good matchups by people who know how 2 Rammus.

Winrate is important, but you take it in context. This is why a lot of the most popular champions in ranked actually have a sub 50% winrate. Thresh has almost 1.5x the ranked useage of any other support but is at ~48% because of a combination of bad players [Exaggerated in support since people are 'forced' into the role] and people simply playing against him so much that they know what to do [Morgana counters Thresh's primary tool and is #2 support]. Is Thresh underpowered? No.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:13:39 PM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2015, 08:34:15 PM »
I wasn't insulting anyone.

I was commenting on the sudden switch in opinion. Which happens every time the community say 'X sucks' and then the people in the know actually prove them wrong.

"i wasn't insulting them, i just made a post that is clearly insulting"

And then they act like some sort of combination of sheep and parrots.

"i'm not insulting them, i'm just comparing humans to animals"

I was commenting on the pattern. Not insulting anyone. Don't put words in my mouth.

words came from your mouth

And I don't use winrates alone. Especially not for a recently reworked champion unless the skill-level required is very low; or the winrate is very high. [Ashe being at 52% in soloQ might be an issue; for example; although she seems to be stable there]

if there is anything i've learned from interacting with you over the past years, it's that you take winrate as 100% gospel as long as it agrees with whatever opinion you formulated

You need to also consider popularity [Sheep and generally bad players] and difficulty [Compounds with popularity.].

you keep calling people sheep but i don't see you innovating anything

If it was the sole indicator Lee Sin would need a pretty drastic buff. But he's difficult and very popular. So his winrate falls due to bad Lee Sins.

yeah, winrate is totally because of bad players and not because of a champion's place in the meta

Contrast Elise; who has a very low pick rate and win rate. Despite her being somewhat difficult; this is bad, because you can assume the people who still play her know what they are doing.

Also contrast say; Rammus who has a high winrate but a very low pick rate; indicating he is being picked into good matchups by people who know how 2 Rammus.

you are literally quoting a riot post at this point

Winrate is important, but you take it in context. This is why a lot of the most popular champions in ranked actually have a sub 50% winrate. Thresh has almost 1.5x the ranked useage of any other support but is at ~48% because of a combination of bad players [Exaggerated in support since people are 'forced' into the role] and people simply playing against him so much that they know what to do [Morgana counters Thresh's primary tool and is #2 support]. Is Thresh underpowered? No.

yeah i'm pretty sure i read this exact thing from a rioter recently. and you're calling people sheep??

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2015, 03:58:13 AM »
Eh, Ryze feels OK with the max W first thing. Maybe it's because I'm not that good, but it's not like he'll waltz in and destroy your entire team.
AFAIK the point of max W is to lock down a single (high priority) target. Certainly far from the primary initiator, but very deadly.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Bardiche

« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2015, 12:42:21 PM »
AFAIK the point of max W is to lock down a single (high priority) target. Certainly far from the primary initiator, but very deadly.

He's still not as devastating as some champions, though his lane phase is kind of silly strong since it's 1v1 in top lane. Apparently, they're going to fix it.

EDIT: This is me, being a "main jungle" in Ranked while almost never losing as support. Feels like support is more impactful, though jungle's more fun.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 09:29:44 AM by Bardiche »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2015, 07:39:51 AM »
Lulu gets every seasonal skin :V

Also Zac skin. IT'S HAPPENING.

Also Rek'Sai becomes like Jaws and her ulti literally has her GET ON A JETSKI.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2015, 08:02:48 AM »
The Mundo skin is getting its own unique SFX too

why is this batch of skins so good
hhh

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2015, 05:08:42 PM »
ESPN (US-based sports network) has a new article out starring FAKER. I know Sports Illustrated has already done an article on League, I never read it. However, the cover models for that article was Cloud 9, not a foreign superstar.

To me, the weakest parts of the article concern the flow of the games themselves. Meanwhile, the best parts involve FAKER and the greater Korean eSports culture in Asia, especially  the "Korean exodus" and the pressures fans over there provide. One problem I have with the article is near the end when the article quotes an announcer saying "For the first time that I can remember ... a Korean team has fallen" and fails to point out that Korea didn't win a LoL World Championship until 2013 (season 3).

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2015, 10:23:03 PM »
ESPN (US-based sports network) has a new article out starring FAKER. I know Sports Illustrated has already done an article on League, I never read it. However, the cover models for that article was Cloud 9, not a foreign superstar.

To me, the weakest parts of the article concern the flow of the games themselves. Meanwhile, the best parts involve FAKER and the greater Korean eSports culture in Asia, especially  the "Korean exodus" and the pressures fans over there provide. One problem I have with the article is near the end when the article quotes an announcer saying "For the first time that I can remember ... a Korean team has fallen" and fails to point out that Korea didn't win a LoL World Championship until 2013 (season 3).

If I recall they did not even take part in Season 1, that was just NA and EU. If Korea was in it they had literally just got their server.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2015, 10:54:01 PM »
Ok, I'll concede on that point, but Season 2? Especially when she mentioned Woong's controversy, she made it look like the team was disqualified or something. No mention that they were merely fined and made it to the finals where they were beat (upset?) by Taipei Assassins in 2012.

In 2012, a Korean player named Jang "Woong" Gun-woong glanced at the screen behind him during a match, which is forbidden in professional play. His team was immediately punished, and League fans ripped into him online. A year later, he retired, then wrote about the incident on Reddit. "I was criticized as [a] traitor of the country," he wrote. "I was 22 years old back then; I had no idea what I have to do." The online hatred was so unbearable, he wrote, he checked into a psychiatric hospital.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2015, 11:58:11 PM »
The new pool party skins are amazing and you should be excited for them.
Featuring:
-Ika Musume Reference Lulu
-Draven in a speedo
-Rek'sai Shark with a Water Skiing ult animation
-Water Zac (dem particle effects)
-Dr. Mundo

Zac is finally getting skins! So excited! The problem of 'how do we give Zac skins without making them recolors' was solved by, well... giving him recolors in a chroma pack. But fuck yes do I want to play Orange Zac or Pink Zac.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2015, 06:37:13 AM »
The new pool party skins are amazing and you should be excited for them.
Featuring:
-Ika Musume Splatoon Reference Lulu
-Draven in a speedo
-Rek'sai Shark with a Water Skiing ult animation
-Water Zac (dem particle effects)
-Dr. Mundo

Zac is finally getting skins! So excited! The problem of 'how do we give Zac skins without making them recolors' was solved by, well... giving him recolors in a chroma pack. But fuck yes do I want to play Orange Zac or Pink Zac.

The recall animation makes it pretty clear the Lulu skin is Splatoon. Or both. I'm not sure why else Riot would release a skin now of a yordle with a squid hat who pulls it over their body hiding it entirely.

And the Zac skin is basically a blue Zac with water particles and a speedo+googgles. Both of which vanish when he's using /j [And some other times; although he keeps the goggles when jumping around]; showing the problem with Zac skins. It's basically a glorified Chroma with added water particles. Honestly I'm more likly to get Chroma. Speaking of; this skin seems to have taken away an actual Chroma; seeing as Riot gave him both Gold and Orange. 'Cause; you know; they can't well do a chroma the same color as a skin he has. So no; the problem of 'how do we give Zac a non-relocor' isn't fixed; because this is a recolor with particle effects :/

Also there's an event encourageing 5 man premades and gifting next week which has goals which seems to include as the top goal 'everyone gets PP Mundo for free'.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 06:40:11 AM by Raikaria »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2015, 09:49:56 AM »
The sound effects on the recall animation and the whole 'tentacles as hands' theme match those of Ika Musume exactly, though. Plus the color and the ocean theme match too.

It could be both (I haven't played Splatoon, just watched gameplay), but it's more likely to be a Squid Girl refrence. Splatoon is pretty recent anyway, Ika Musume has been around for a long time and the skin was hinted at awhile ago.
Squid Girl is popular. Splatoon itself is getting refrences made to the character.

I do like Chroma Zac more, if only because I like the color variety I can use, but it would be nice if Zac got some different skins, like Lava Zac or Cookie Dough Zac or something.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:52:59 AM by NekoNekoRex »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2015, 12:12:39 PM »
splatoon is way too recent for any skin reference to make it through QA

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2015, 01:57:26 PM »
splatoon is way too recent for any skin reference to make it through QA

It's been revealed and known about since this time last year at E3.

I'd say 12 months is enough time to do something.

I dunno I saw it and I instantly thought 'Splatoon'. Other people may think other things.

« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2015, 02:19:51 PM »
lol stop, this has nothing to do with Splatoon.