Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 137945 times)

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2015, 08:22:06 PM »
It's been revealed and known about since this time last year at E3.

I'd say 12 months is enough time to do something.

I dunno I saw it and I instantly thought 'Splatoon'. Other people may think other things.

yeah but they had no idea if they game was going to be good or even popular until it came out

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2015, 11:18:09 AM »
It's Nintendo. What do they do that isn't popular?

Anyway, that moment when you single-handedly win a game against Ekko as Lux by E'ing both Draven and Ekko and then taking both of them from 60% to 0 with a single R.

Especially cathartic since Ekko is so mobile and annoying to lane against.

I'm also pretty sure now that Ekko; while a massive pain to lane against especially as an immobile champion; is pretty underwhelming in a teamfight. Put simply his damage takes too long to apply and he's too soft to do it. Also he's pretty bad against really long ranged champions. I only died once to him in lane and that was because I got greedy and screwed up. [He got fed however in skirmishes and Thresh attempting to gank him once but failing epically; missing his hook only to get Chronobroken on...]

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2015, 11:32:45 AM »
It's Nintendo. What do they do that isn't popular?

the new metroid

the recent paper mario stuff

arguably brawl

that metroid DS game

other M

the wii u controller

half of the kirby games

super mario sunshine

arguably recent zelda games

« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2015, 02:36:48 PM »
I need to win a 5v5 premade, why is this so hard?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2015, 03:00:04 PM »
the new metroid

arguably brawl

that metroid DS game

other M

the wii u controller

half of the kirby games

super mario sunshine

Most of these were still popular by normal standards; at least on release. They may be hated now [EG: Other M] but that didn't stop hype and initial popularity. Sure people might not say Brawl is as good as Melee but that dosen't mean Brawl wasn't insanely popular.

But this is getting off-topic.

I need to win a 5v5 premade, why is this so hard?

I dunno. I've been contributeing using the RedditLFG chatrooms.

I was playing a game as Malphite Jungle.

Someone drophacked the game. I know it was a drophack because:
1: I disconnected while I could connect to everything else and even use the chatrooms.
2: Attempts to reconnect to the game just crashed instantly
3: The game vanished from match history.

A normal game.

Where the point is to amass points so everyone gets a free skin, and the enemy team were probobly a group of 5 too.

Scumbaggery knows no bounds.

Also this is after that big banwave.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:02:32 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2015, 03:27:49 PM »
Most of these were still popular by normal standards; at least on release. They may be hated now [EG: Other M] but that didn't stop hype and initial popularity. Sure people might not say Brawl is as good as Melee but that dosen't mean Brawl wasn't insanely popular.

Really, I remember people trashing most of these on release(Other M, Zeldas.) and people warming up to them later.

Also, we can get skins through normals now?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2015, 06:36:05 PM »
Really, I remember people trashing most of these on release(Other M, Zeldas.) and people warming up to them later.

Also, we can get skins through normals now?
Other M is still trash, though...

the new metroid
arguably brawl
that metroid DS game
other M
the wii u controller
half of the kirby games
super mario sunshine
As far as I've seen, only about half of those are true. Brawl was only disliked by tourney 'whiners' (for lack of better word), because of tripping and because it Was Not Melee. I haven't seen anyone bothered by the kirby games - by nature they're supposed to be easy to play and cute. Sunshine was only unpopular on launch because it wasn't a Real Mario Game but people have been clammoring recently for an HD remake, so it can't be disliked that much. Don't know anyone who's complained about the Zelda games. There hasn't been a bad Zelda game since.... uhhh....
hmm...
The CDi ones, I guess, but we don't talk about those.

Where are you getting these facts?

I wish I had internet so I could play around with the pool party week.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 06:49:36 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »
I really hate these dragon slayer bonuses, Instead of giving people money they could waste lets just dole out raw power.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2015, 08:37:01 PM »
The CDi ones, I guess, but we don't talk about those.

Those were not made by Nintendo; someone else brought the liscence to make Zelda games

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2015, 08:38:41 PM »

yeah but just because a game has hype doesn't mean it will do well, and nintendo is no exception to this rule

so it wouldn't make sense for riot to start making parts of a skin based off of something that wasn't out yet and could have sucked

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2015, 10:37:43 PM »
I'm also pretty sure now that Ekko; while a massive pain to lane against especially as an immobile champion; is pretty underwhelming in a teamfight. Put simply his damage takes too long to apply and he's too soft to do it. Also he's pretty bad against really long ranged champions. I only died once to him in lane and that was because I got greedy and screwed up. [He got fed however in skirmishes and Thresh attempting to gank him once but failing epically; missing his hook only to get Chronobroken on...]

Ekko is pretty effective when he builds one or two offensive items, and then goes full tank. AP Bruiser rather than AP Assassin. Since he can reapply his passive after only 3 seconds, he's pretty well-suited to longer fights. (Also helps position his ult.)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2015, 10:51:10 PM »
I really hate these dragon slayer bonuses, Instead of giving people money they could waste lets just dole out raw power.
I disagree. The first couple buffs have little to no effect on early game when nobody has any bonus AD or AP for the buff to raise signifigantly. Gold and XP is a straight buff to whoever kills the dragon, and has a more immediate effect, and can make the first dragon as important as an early tower kill

Dragon buffs only matter once you stack 3 or more (movespeed is a large buff), or when it's lategame and the buffs start really getting kicked into effect.

Moreover, dragon buff is only really most noticeable once you stack 5, as the fifth one is a huge buff.

Baron is a huge buff just on kill, though, but there's the downside that Baron is only easy to kill late in the game when death timers are high or when you already have a huge lead anyway.

yeah but just because a game has hype doesn't mean it will do well, and nintendo is no exception to this rule
Geez, is Raikaria still sticking to the Splatoon Reference thing? holy hell, Raikaria, Splatoon came out in the summer like the skins, but the only matching thing about them is the fact they're both squids. Her hat doesn't even look like any Splatoon characters. Come on.

In fact, now that I look at it again, there's not even a Squid Girl reference there. It's just a squid hat.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2015, 11:11:55 PM »
Dragon buffs only matter once you stack 3 or more (movespeed is a large buff)

This is what I was meaning that speed bonus is a killer, add in now that every champ is a dashing aoe platform and things have gotten nuts.

I can hardly keep up in team fights anymore.

But mainly its that the bonuses  just cant be farmed like money. You have to get those dragons or get fucked.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:18:16 PM by Cadmas »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2015, 07:26:22 AM »
http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-feedback/q2694bqE-513-core-ap-items-pass

Some big changes are coming for AP items. Most notable things are:

NLR costs 1250 and gives 60 AP

Zhonyas is 300 cheaper but gives 20 less AP [Net nerf considering Amp Tome cost]

Liandry's costs 100 more but gives 30 more AP; not making it an automatic noobtrap on champions not named Swain or Rumble. [Or Sejuani/Amumu I guess] Still a noobtrap on burst casters.

RoA gives slightly less HP but more Mana and AP.

RCS slows for more in general; but instant AoE's that are not DoT now apply a 40% slow just like single target. Suddenly Mordekaiser E applies a 40% slow. And his W/R apply 20%. Suddenly Mordekaiser became sticky if he's got a pal he can W who jumps in.

Void Staff is nerfed somewhat hard.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2015, 10:17:53 AM »
But mainly its that the bonuses  just cant be farmed like money. You have to get those dragons or get fucked.

it's almost like you have to..... take the game's objectives......... to win................

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2015, 05:52:44 PM »
He eats the gambler and takes him to a faraway land.

LIFESTEALER IS THAT YOU?

[I don't mean he is lifestealer. I mean expect a similar mechanic. I actually think his ultimate might be like an AoE charm; seeing as he 'charms' the gambler and the princess.]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 06:02:32 PM by Raikaria »

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again

« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2015, 09:00:43 PM »
anyone else want to do a 5 man motk premade for the reward things

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »
Reward thing?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2015, 06:21:23 PM »
The pool party rewards

You need to gain at least 1 point by winning a 5v5 premade to get them

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2015, 01:43:09 AM »
I like presents I'll actually log on and join in for one. When is the deadline?

« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2015, 03:28:46 AM »
Tomorrow is the last day so we gotta get on it :V

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2015, 04:35:33 PM »
Reward thing?
and this is exactly why the event failed

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2015, 07:03:50 PM »
I'm still looking to some reward points but I won't be back on till later tonight. Anyone game for a low level normals tonight?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2015, 04:12:04 AM »
Thanks to Suikama and Homura(especially Suikama, he trucked though all four games with us,) we finally got those reward points.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2015, 05:57:53 AM »
why is aram so hard ;-;

also my controls were messed up because for some reason riot changed it so smart cast indicators are off by default now <_<

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2015, 06:04:15 AM »
why is aram so hard ;-;

also my controls were messed up because for some reason riot changed it so smart cast indicators are off by default now <_<

I don't think our teams were the best either.  As long as I've had you on my friend's list, I think this is the first time we were in the same game.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2015, 02:38:14 PM »
Well we unlocked everything but Mundo. Not bad. I can't wait till 6/26 because I really wanna buy the Zac chromas and that winter bundle because I want Poro Rider Sej skin real bad. I might even play those mages a bunch.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2015, 07:47:10 PM »
New champ is Tahm Kench, the peeler.

TL;DR
AA and Q apply stacks of Taste, at 3 stacks you get ~special stuff~

Q applies damage and slow. Stuns minions/monsters, and stuns champs if they have 3 stacks of Taste.
W eats the target. EATS IT. Devoured enemy takes %HP damage and has severely reduced vision. Enemy champs can only be eaten if they have 3 stacks of Taste and severely slow Tahm's movement speed. Allied champs can also be devoured and boost movement speed towards enemies. ULTIMATE PEEL. Enemies spit out do damage to targets they hit.
E is boring. Recovery % of HP lost after battle ends, or convert the same amount into a rapidly decaying shield. Effective, but still boring.
R is Wisp ult. Teleport to target location. Telegraphed. Devoured target travels along so you can devour your ADC, teleport mid and pick up a kill. Or you devour your ADC from base and teleport back into lane. GG. Also all your damage now scales off of max HP.

Tank Support/Top Lane intended role. Wouldn't be surprised to see people try him jungle. Ult passive makes Cinderhulk look like a great pickup on him.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 07:52:04 PM by Bardiche »