Author Topic: [SOLVED] Touhou 8 Vsync patch is mostly not working  (Read 4558 times)

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
[SOLVED] Touhou 8 Vsync patch is mostly not working
« on: March 06, 2014, 10:13:27 PM »
I seem to be having problems using the Vsync patch for Imperishable Night. The only thing Vsync actually lets me do is speed up/slow down replays with ctrl and shift. It doesn't seem to be changing the normal framerate to what it should be (whether its 60 or greater than that). It seems the problem is coming from the config.exe. If I try to open vpatch.exe, the "Vsync off (not recommended)" option in the config.exe defaults to on, regardless of whether or not I have Vsync turned on in the vpatch.ini file. As a result, it seems I'm still getting input delay and not being able to get the full 60 fps (usually sticks around 59.63 fps but shows no slowdown on replays). I'm on Windows 7, using 1.00d and the English patch if it matters. Can somebody please help me if possible? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:25:41 PM by Mr Jovial »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Re: Touhou 8 Vsync patch is mostly not working
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 07:32:06 PM »
The config.exe thing is normal, it seems, as mine does the exact same thing. It's probably the patch overriding IN's built-in vsync and it needs it disabled to work. As to why it's not working for IN for you, I have no idea, it works fine here. Any differences between fullscreen and windowed? Also, what number do you have Vsync set to in the ini (i.e. 0, 1)?
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Mr Jovial

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:44:09 PM »
There don't appear to be any differences between fullscreen and windowed.
Vsync is set to 1.

EDIT: In case its something in config, the 10 tick boxes are all unticked except for disable vsync which defaults to ticked. Colour depth is 32, effect quality maximum, draw interval every frame and the pad left/right and pad up/down are both set to 100.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:47:07 PM by Mr Jovial »

Drake

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 10:08:47 PM »
The vsync patch gets rid of the vsync. Vsync causes the latency by waiting to display until the full frame is received. You want it off.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Mr Jovial

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 10:25:09 PM »
:colonveeplusalpha:
Well its certainly giving me the correct fps now. Just to clarify, having vsync = 0 in the ini and "vsync off" ticked in the config.exe means its more responsive? That doesn't make sense to me...But I guess the issue is solved. I'm still sure I tried doing that multiple times and it was unsuccessful O_o

Oh well. Thanks Drake and Agent of the BSoD :D

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Re: [SOLVED] Touhou 8 Vsync patch is mostly not working
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 08:45:35 AM »
Well actually Vsync = 0 and = 1 are two different things. It's not off and on, rather 0 forces the fps you set in the ini and 1 forces the fps to your monitor's refresh rate. (mine ends up being 59.96) I find, at least on my system, that 1 is more responsive, but this probably varies from system to system. This also means that if you have a monitor with a refresh rate of 75Hz, then 1 will make it 75 fps, so 0 is the preferred choice unless you want 75 fps Touhou for some reason.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>