Author Topic: 東方導命樹 ~ Mystical Power Plant 體驗版  (Read 63014 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Re: 東方導命樹 ~ Mystical Power Plant 體驗版
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »
I'm also wondering, why Reimu and Okuu?

If Google translated the backstory thing for the game right, I think Reimu "kidnapped" Okuu to help her investigate the whole thing with the tree and the Moriya energy revolution thing. Not completely sure, though.
Speaking of which, has anyone properly translated the backstory thing on the developer's blog? I'm still somewhat confused why all of a sudden we're scaling Yggdrasil in this game. Something to do with the Moriya Shrine, I think.

And yeah, Saraka's hard. I was kind of surprised when I went through the black lasers unharmed the first time. That weird darkness effect...
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2013, 03:40:01 PM »
I kinda get the story now that someone has tried to translate it. Theey're called the three Kodamas? Where have I heard that before?

I also find Reimu kidnapping Okuu to actually be reasonable for her, I mean, it's Reimu we're talking about.

And for Saraka, maybe they ramped her difficulty just fpr the trial?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2013, 04:16:50 PM »
I kinda get the story now that someone has tried to translate it. Theey're called the three Kodamas? Where have I heard that before?

I just looked up "kodama." Kodamas are spirits said to live inside of trees. Considering the game seems to be based around scaling what I assume to be Yggdrasil, I'm not surprised.
And I tried rereading the Google translation. From what I can tell, the Moriya Shrine is working further towards their "energy revolution," which we all know has to do with the whole nuclear fusion thing. Apparently, this giant tree is supposed to be a symbol of the energy revolution. However, a mysterious energy is coming from the tree, which is not Kanako's fault at all (although Reimu thinks it is). So basically, Reimu grabbed Okuu, Marisa grabbed Byakuren, and Sanae and Kanako are all going up to find out why the tree is behaving like this. For some reason, I'm thinking the tree might be Yggdrasil, but the only evidence is the second stage boss, who may or may not represent the squirrel that goes up and down its branches. Or it can just be a squirrel youkai. That works too.

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2013, 06:46:16 PM »
Saraka's theme has some parts that remind me of Sariel's theme.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2013, 06:49:09 PM »
Saraka's theme has some parts that remind me of Sariel's theme.

It has both some of Now, Until the Moment You Die and Let's All Die Together/Civilization of Magic in it. So it has both themes. It makes sense, considering Saraka is supposed to be an angel of death, like Sariel.

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2013, 01:23:19 AM »
Other than the stages being long, which looks like it is for collecting the Grass energy, it looks pretty solid. Love the music and the art. The patterns/cards are pretty cool too. Lastly, Okuu's faces/expressions are cute.  :3
Also Blue, you ever watch Princess Mononoke? The little, green, weird-faced spirits were Kodamas.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:10:23 AM by Yatakarasu »

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »
Also Blue, you ever watch Princess Mononoke? The little, green, weird-faced spirits were Kodamas.

THAT'S where I've heard it from! It's been forever since I've seen that movie.

I really like the storyline for this one, its going to be fun to play the next stages and I'm curious as to what the Extra boss will be. It took me forever to beat Elfin Mint in TLC.

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 10:13:36 AM »
The Last Comer = Christianity

Mystical Power Plant = Confucunaism or what?

i am hoping the other TLC cast like Mikaboshi will appear in this game to meet Okuu and fight Danmaku with huge explosion (that would be epic!)

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 12:55:07 AM »
I found out a few things looking through the game files that might be interesting.

First of all, the Kodamas each seem to have names.

This one's Sakura.

This one's Matu (or Matsu).

And this one's Kiku. The names are based off of the filenames of their portraits. This makes me think they're all going to become more important.
The other thing I found out was what those words that are part of the stage names mean ("Qliphoth", "Malchut", and "Yesod"). They all have to do with the Sephirot of the Jewish Kabbalah. So, this game might have something to do with Judaism this time around. That's weird when we had the first stage boss (Kusuko) who doesn't seem to be related to Judaism. More like Buddhism.

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 05:01:09 AM »
Are the playable teams going to be Reimu/Okuu, Marisa/Byakuren and Sanae/Kanako? No cool TD people with Youmu/Miko or anything like that? Boo.
Looking forward to this game, or playthroughs of it on YouTube or something.

Zakari

• Autistic Loli
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 10:48:21 AM »
Full version when?

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 11:47:57 AM »
I found out a few things looking through the game files that might be interesting.

First of all, the Kodamas each seem to have names.

This one's Sakura.

This one's Matu (or Matsu).

And this one's Kiku. The names are based off of the filenames of their portraits. This makes me think they're all going to become more important.
The other thing I found out was what those words that are part of the stage names mean ("Qliphoth", "Malchut", and "Yesod"). They all have to do with the Sephirot of the Jewish Kabbalah. So, this game might have something to do with Judaism this time around. That's weird when we had the first stage boss (Kusuko) who doesn't seem to be related to Judaism. More like Buddhism.

Very interesting!

The Kodamas seem to be named after plants.
Sakura (さくら) = Cherry
Matsu (マツ) = Pine
Kiku (きく) = Chrysanthemum

Also, what is that thing Matsu is holding?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:27:37 PM by Drizzly Magician »

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2013, 12:28:26 PM »
Looks like a drum of some kind.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2013, 03:26:57 PM »
I think it's a kotsuzumi.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2013, 07:32:49 PM »
I think it's a kotsuzumi.

I think so too. So, that means not only are they all named after kinds of plants, but they all have an instrument of some kind. I'm getting a Prismriver vibe from this.

Zakari

• Autistic Loli
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2013, 11:01:07 AM »
when will the full version to be released?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2013, 12:13:21 PM »
I honestly don't know, but they released some more information on the Marisa/Byakuren team. I don't know if they have updated the trial with that, though.
One thing I hope they do in the final version is rebalance Hard. When I jumped from Normal to Hard, it felt like I was playing Lunatic, not Hard. The Last Comer was like that too. I think they don't really know how to balance difficulties (but has any fangame really had a good difficulty balance?).

Zakari

• Autistic Loli
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 12:12:50 PM »
Finally!

Full version will be released on May 30 2013!

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 03:11:06 PM »
Thanks for searching this up! I kept forgetting while constantly being swamped by work and classes. Can't wait to get the full version of this!

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 04:06:03 PM »
No, the release date is scheduled to be around June 30.
Signature

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2013, 06:56:20 PM »
Yeah, it's coming in June, not May.
Also, gee, I wonder who that character on the cover is? It certainly can't be the chief god of a Germanic mythology or anything. That's just crazy talk. ^^;

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2013, 06:09:11 PM »
From their blog:

Marisa with headphones and an mp3 player? :V

Also, that Kanako. :o

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2013, 06:23:11 PM »
The MP3 player thing was described in Marisa's profile. Apparently she found it at Kourindou and she's bringing them along to listen to while solving the incident.
Also, can someone translate this? I don't exactly get what it means:
続いて、巷で噂になっているとかなっていないとか言われる東方導命樹裏モード「東方奪命樹」の追加情報を公開です。
前回の更新でもチラリと触れた通り、実は体験版に既に裏モードは収録されており タイトル画面で「↑↓↑↓↑↑↓↓」 と入力する事で突入できます。
内容は、雑魚に撃ち返しが追加されたのみで、ボス戦は表と変わらずというシンプルな物ですが 完成版では以下のように、この裏ステージも大幅にパワーアップしているのです。

Something about a "back stage?" What?

EDIT: Hold up, I just did what I think it says (something about going up down up down up up down down on the title screen), and it unlocked a secret mode where killing things releases random bursts of revenge bullets. Okay then.
SECOND EDIT: I just beat this hidden mode on normal. I'm uploading the replay in case anyone else wants to take a look at this mode without playing it themselves (for whatever reason). Just put it in the replay folder. You don't even have to activate the secret mode to view it as a secret mode replay.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 06:46:38 PM by Validon98 »

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2013, 07:21:55 AM »
So now the full version was released.
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2013, 10:13:07 AM »
Oh, so it has! I'll have to play this in full later. It also seems from looking at the files that Extra isn't in there for now, but it probably will be later.

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2013, 03:49:50 PM »
While I can't play it properly for now due to GPU issues, I'd like to ask one thing if someone will try to play it under Wine.
I read that Wine and Danmakufu don't like each other much but anyway can anyone confirm the issue which I have that bullets/enemies/effects ignore the border and can be seen on it? And marks on boss' health bar aren't visible. Like that:

Just in case, if some people don't know, you can download the game from their website here (童祭版(ver0.01)ダウンロード). Don't forget to get the bugfix too (「script.zip」をダウンロード).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:06:24 PM by Vectorfish »
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Touhou Mystical Power Plant (東方導命樹) Full Release
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »
A video released at the 5th Touhou Nico Dousai...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iimPxET7p08

Download link for the full release is the 2nd link on the page... (Click on 童祭版(ver0.01)ダウンロード)

Love the game overall and its graphics... I knew those 3 kodamas will play a big role in the game... also love the Stage 5 boss Yaezaki An... and Stage 6 is hard...

Seems like the EX for the game is not made yet... so probably in the near future...

Anyone notices that there is a feel of Touhou 14 in the game... some of the special effects...?

Oh... and hopefully someone is able to translate the full story... much thanks...  :D

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2013, 08:05:17 PM »
They should change the 4th boss with the 5th one  :o

And I couldn't open the danmakufuu that came with the blog's download, it always opened without background and without script options, so I needed to download the danmakufuu alone and copy the game script inside it to be able to open the game.

BTW is the score glitched? I got 13kkk one time.
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2013, 08:16:27 PM »
That's... funny, I used their original download without getting danmakufu separately and it worked (and it worked in windows too under virtual machine).

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2013, 09:03:47 PM »
alright so after 1ccing this game on normal here are my impressions:

- good art and music
- stages are way, way too repetitive and get extremely boring
- the fucking lag
- TD-like system makes me want to kill myself

overall honestly, i thought after making The Last Comer that the creator of this would understand why Danmakufu is terrible for making these types of games. he should have used his own engine, or perhaps follow what the creator of Mrs.Estacion did as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJxiN6xB7W0

also, i know the lag isn't coming from my end, as i can play Hopeless Masquerade and DDC with a flawless FPS.