Author Topic: 東方導命樹 ~ Mystical Power Plant 體驗版  (Read 63004 times)

東方導命樹 ~ Mystical Power Plant 體驗版
« on: April 05, 2013, 02:56:46 AM »
Found this on youtube! Right now its only a trial, but it looks great so far! What do you all think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6H7vNqy8A

Re: 東方導命樹 ~ Mystical Power Plant 體驗版
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 12:47:25 PM »
hmmm let's see
- the characters look really nice and well-designed, better than MB IMO
- I assume the three characters at the very end are the midbosses of the three stages? Odd choice, but here's hoping that they'll be the stage 4 bosses ? la Prismrivers
- I love how the music for the first two bosses is way too badass, kinda reminded me of Pokemon (along with the leaf icons from the TCG). Sariel's themes during the third boss made me really happy
- the Reimu/Okuu pairing is odd, but considering the title I can see how it works (makes me wonder about the other characters, though). Is that a reverse shottype?
- TD extend system makes me shudder, but the star pieces actually seem to be reasonably common, so this could turn out well for once
- the stages are way too long holy shit. 17+ minutes for three stages? The author probably would do well getting rid of all the redundant parts

looks pretty good overall aside from the stages
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 03:15:13 PM »
I agree with everything you say! I think this Fangame has real potential. Let's just hope it doesn't bomb as hard as that crappy Danmaq game they did with Dangoya

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 03:23:43 PM »
Well, this was made by the same people who made The Last Comer. I don't think it'll be that bad, as long as they don't have lag problems. Again. >.>
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 01:20:04 AM »
Goodness, what potential this game has.

Intresting system, I must say first. It's atleast not as broken as TLC's star gauge.

The characters are intresting, with very creative designs. Still sortof irked that the same mooks with wonky cutins make up the midbosses.

I did see another Sant'Angelo joining the fray coming, but not seeing Sariel's theme beecoming hers.

Also, don't play the script the blog provides. I checked most of the folders and some data wasn't inside of it. (This game is ph3, by the way.) (My friend says they're hidden, but that didn't work.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:54:38 AM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 02:38:10 AM »
Well, this was made by the same people who made The Last Comer. I don't think it'll be that bad, as long as they don't have lag problems. Again. >.>
Conversely, since it's made by the same people the code is just as painful to look at.

Last time many of the problems were circumvented when Flat Mode and Super Flat Mode were introduced and the exploding HUD was fixed. This time around there are four quality settings with the default being the lowest.

Goodness, what potential this game has.

Intresting system, I must say first. It's atleast not as broken as TLC's star gauge.

The characters are intresting, with very creative designs. Still sortof irked that the same mooks with wonky cutins make up the midbosses.

I did see another Sant'Angelo joining the fray coming, but not seeing Sariel's theme beecoming hers.

Also, don't play the script the blog provides. I checked most of the folders and some data wasn't inside of it. (This game is ph3, by the way.) (My friend says they're hidden, but that didn't work.)
Re: system: The skill tree system has a lot of potential - there's some strategy in choosing whether to cash in your benefits for a life fragment and some score. The scoring system, however, seems almost as bad as Marine Benefit's (10000 points per cancelled bullet?!). I hope they do something about this.

I haven't had problems playing the script, either as a standalone or as part of my main ph3 install. I don't know what data you're referring to in your post.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 02:45:51 AM »
I haven't had problems playing the script, either as a standalone or as part of my main ph3 install. I don't know what data you're referring to in your post.

I meant to clarify; when I fired up the provided ph3 it had, I got this:

Code: [Select]
cannot file open path[C:/Users/*my name*/Desktop/U-Haul/???v???+??/script/default_system/Default_System.txt]
And then it brought me to an empty directory. So my obvious response was to check for Default_System.txt, but as I checked for a file called default_system, I noticed there was non. So I decided to check for whatever was also missing, and there were no contents within the Img subfolders. And as I said, my friends said the contents were hidden, but I tried to disable them and that didn't work.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 03:19:18 AM »
What's ???v???+??supposed to be?
Did you either use Applocale or switch the computer locale to Japanese before playing?

EDIT : From the Prologue and the character lineups, there will be a Sanae-Kanako team and most likely a Marisa-Byakuren team.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:25:47 AM by Sungho »
Signature

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 03:26:36 AM »
What's ???v???+??supposed to be?
Did you either use Applocale or switch the computer locale to Japanese before playing?

I had actually applied applocale a long time ago.
And yes, if you wondering, that is the MPP folder.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 05:26:22 AM »
What software are you using to extract the folder? Have you made sure that the provided th_dnh.def file is in the folder as well?

If all else fails you can always copy the player and Th_mpp folders into the script folder of an existing ph3 install.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:33:21 AM by Arcorann »

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 05:51:01 AM »
I never really got the skill tree part of this game. I also had a feeling it was done by the creators of TLC, the art style for Reimu is the same. Though I love Okuu's too!  Also, did Wanwan do the music? Sound's like his/her style.

Are you srs? Damn I can't wait to see Marisa/Byakuren

I also had no problems extracting and playing the game. You just had to do like, a double extraction or some crap.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 06:00:57 AM »
What software are you using to extract the folder? Have you made sure that the provided th_dnh.def file is in the folder as well?

If all else fails you can always copy the player and Th_mpp folders into the script folder of an existing ph3 install.

I used WinRAR, and I thinksome japanese scripts ran perfectly without applocale with the 0.12 ran on the danmakufu I got with Luminous Dream. Like I could run The Last Comer up to Boss!Marry without any problems and up till it would crash due to an unrelated error.

edit: I did, in fact, just try to move the player and script to the ph3 I had originally downloaded, and it had yielded no resultsp, sadly.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 07:33:33 AM »
Have you actually tried running the game? I just want to make sure, since the game should be able to run without default_system.txt (it uses its own system).

When you extracted the archive, were there any errors? If so, have you tried running WinRAR in AppLocale?

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 10:53:32 AM »
Change the folder name to something English, than try running the th_dnh.exe with Applocale and without Applocale and see if either way works.
Signature

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 01:35:48 PM »
I just realized now that I have an issue. No background! Anyone know how to fix this?

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 02:18:06 PM »
Title Screen -> Option -> Effect Cut. Set this value to 3 or lower.
Signature

Shadow

• Forever waiting for tomorrow
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 04:10:10 PM »
Have you tried downloading the newest version of ph3? I had more or less the same problem when the script told me it could not open a certain file, regardless of how many times I had checked to make sure it was there. I finally figured the actual version of Danmakufu might have something to do with it, and it ended up working perfectly.

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »
I was able to get it to work, nevermind! Now I'm wondering when they'll release the full game.

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 06:43:33 PM »
Wow, this is neat. Too bad it still lags a lot.

Uploaded what's available of the soundtrack on my YT. If anyone can provide better translations for the titles, please let me know.  :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:39:17 PM by Shikieiki »

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 11:10:29 PM »
(things)

Hey, sorry for not getting to you sooner, real life happened.

Anyways, I could not manage to get it running, even with pre12. After placing it in my actual script folder, not the one provided in the download, I tried all submenus in danmakufu (plural/directory/stage/all/etc) to see if i could find it, and I haven't managed to find it anywhere.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 01:55:44 AM »
Could you take a screenshot of your th_mpp folder? I suspect some files haven't extracted properly. Either that or you're not using AppLocale (if this is true, use it).

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 03:03:37 AM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 02:20:14 AM »
You didn't show me the important parts. I need to check whether you have all the .dnh files in the folder. This includes the main th_mpp folder as well as the system folder.

The entire contents of the bgm, enm, img and se folders are hidden (don't ask me why).

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 03:05:18 AM »
You didn't show me the important parts. I need to check whether you have all the .dnh files in the folder. This includes the main th_mpp folder as well as the system folder.

The entire contents of the bgm, enm, img and se folders are hidden (don't ask me why).

Oh, whoops. I forgot about how my friend mentioned how they were hidden, too.

Also, does this have anything to do with 'package' scripts? Because that may or may not be the case.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 03:18:00 AM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 05:11:09 AM »
Oh, whoops. I forgot about how my friend mentioned how they were hidden, too.
OK, it doesn't look like it's your files. Are you running Danmakufu in Japanese locale? If not, make sure you do so.

If you're having trouble finding the start script, I suggest using the Directory mode. That way you can navigate directly to the th_mpp folder.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 12:17:51 PM »
Hey, sorry for not getting to you sooner, real life happened.

Anyways, I could not manage to get it running, even with pre12. After placing it in my actual script folder, not the one provided in the download, I tried all submenus in danmakufu (plural/directory/stage/all/etc) to see if i could find it, and I haven't managed to find it anywhere.

That's because what you get in the download is meant to be standalone. Don't place it in your pre-existing ph3 script folder. If you extract the contents of the ZIP as it's own folder, then it should work by itself (in fact, it will skip the usual Danmakufu menu and head straight for the game, which is cool in my opinion). Although you might need AppLocale to get it to work.

EDIT: I finally tried this thing with Type B on Normal... this game scares me a little! I mean, Saraka (did I spell her name right?) has some really scary crap, and then there's that midboss that keeps showing up... I'm guessing she's going to be more important than she seems. I really can't wait for this to come out, though!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:59:16 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 06:40:29 AM »
Yeah, Saraka could use a little toning down, but then again, it IS just a trial for now. I really like the patterns though. Also, that midboss loks like 3 different ones, with evidence from the end of trial picture after beating Saraka.

I believe that there is still a lot of work to be done on the game, the difficulty spikes on a few patterns and attacks, even on easy (tested all difficulties). I don't find Okuu's bomb in Type B at all useful, Reimu's does a bit of damage but barely takes out one of the large fairies. So I'm curious as to if they'll change this up. I'm also excited for the eventual Marisa/Byakuren pairing. It think something that would be cool to add would be a mix of two bombs. Like if you had built up enough energy or power, could set off a Devil's Recitation-esque attack with some of Marisa's magic sprinkled in there. (for that team anyways) Or Reimu's Bomb, but instead of amulets larger more powerful ones mixed with Okuu's Nuclear Power. I'm also wondering, why Reimu and Okuu?

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2013, 09:55:33 AM »
So far, this looks pretty interesting!

The music is pretty good (well it's WanWan after all!) in my opinion. I especially like the stage 3 theme, it has that spooky and mysterious atmosphere that I really like (also solar panels wut).

I also like the three Kodamas. I'm guessing they'll be back together later on (maybe in stage 4?).

Yeah, Saraka could use a little toning down, but then again, it IS just a trial for now.

This. Her last spellcard (Moon Goddess) is pretty intense for normal mode imo.

My friend Miransu made these name translations, though he says they aren't completley accurate.

Easter Beanstalk... Jack and the Beanstalk? And Nephilims are giants...

Also Pok?mon reference oh man.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:01:46 AM by Drizzly Magician »