Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F  (Read 189707 times)

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F
« Reply #360 on: January 13, 2017, 01:59:45 AM »
Anyone here found Prophet's Proof?
Mwahahahahha!

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #361 on: January 13, 2017, 03:10:58 AM »
Poison in LoT2 doesn't suffer from the scaling problem that LoT1 does, since status duration scales with the inflicted unit's speed there. No idea how damage is calculated though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #362 on: January 13, 2017, 06:18:55 AM »
Hmm, just remembered that Kokoro gets 2.5x the benefit of her emotion buffs on herself. Between that and fighting spirit, and guessing off the 6% speed buff emotion, it's probably at -least- 15% offense/defense up on relevant emotions? With that in mind, I suppose she should be a little bit more capable of a bulky attacker than I said earlier. It's still a little hard to see it as more worthy than, say, Kanako or Kasen though, unless the emotion buffs that aren't speed are more powerful than 6%- although having enough stuff to be compared to Kanako and Kasen is a pretty good starting point, to be fair. Giving 10% atk/def up to the front row would be a little nice, and then she'd have a +25% atk on herself, which starts to make her look good. (15% base is too much to hope for, but maybe I'll test later with that auto-unlock save file- it's 1:20am so I shouldn't even be awake)

There's also a curious aspect in that Kokoro can concentrate with a delay of only 1500 (aka 8500). It would heavily shuffle her emotions, but if you gave her a subclass with effects on every turn taken, it might be interesting. Probably not though, Support Kokoro is a weird choice as it is (there's no def+mnd up emotion anyway as far as I can tell, but at least she can get her 10% regen on low delay if she wants). Still, if mixed with something like the
Spoiler:
dragon god
subclass, pumping up fighting spirit on Kokoro and using speed turns+regen could sort of work. You're probably better off trying Tokiko for that sort of support build though.

She just doesn't have any way to get an all-target heal to use her "buff with emotion" aspect to any effect. Maybe if it was a large buff you could care about subbing healer. It would synergize after all, giving her that 4% heal with quick concentrates. Hmm. Maybe enchanter's heal works so you can stack ontop of enchanter's already existing buffs? (Honestly though, there's really no point compared to the other tanky buffer options, I'm just a sucker for thinking about goofy builds)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:33:25 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #363 on: January 13, 2017, 08:26:26 AM »
From what I've seen of Poison in LoT2, it... exists? Like, during boss fights, I can kinda see HP ticking down, but much like LoT1 the ATB is flying by so fast that it's not too noticeable.

Speaking of LoT1, I've decided to do a dumb thing and replay it with an entirely new party instead of finding my save file from my last fixed party run and do that. This time around I've got:

Tenshi, Mokou, Renko, Maribel, Eirin, Flandre, Rinnosuke, Sakuya, Eiki, Kanako, Yuuka, Minoriko

Mostly a bunch of characters I've not really used, similar to ye ol' Team Underappreciated but not quite so since there's amazing characters like Eiki in there.

...I also used the power of image messing-around-with to mod the game to use LoT:Rebirth's UI instead of the default, as well as making the tileset for dungeons 10F's from that mod. Mostly because why not, partially because I prefer a darker palette for menus, etc. Maybe I'll make my own for fun in the future.

how did you go about adding in the rebirth tilesets? im extremely curious as id like to play it through again while i wait for the patches to PoT2 to hit. and the bland tilesets of LoT1 can use replacing. ...also somewhat curious about the UI mod implementation
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #364 on: January 13, 2017, 12:57:04 PM »
For replacing the stuff for LoT, I don't know the exact keystring for the .dxa (because the one listed by Qaz don't work with DxaDecode/DxaEncode, it can't be in hex, it has to be in the original string form like RANisGOD for LoT2), so instead what I did was unpack the entire img folder with DxExtract and then replaced images within that. As long as there is a folder named "img" in your LoT folder, it will read files from that instead, so you can just replace the base tilesets.

Unfortunately, the big difference between the original game and Rebirth is that EthanSilver added an entirely new set of references to individual tilesets for every floor, something I can't replicate because I don't know how to do assembly (he said in the readme for Rebirth that it was "simple" but I'm no good at that so), so it's basically still the same tileset every floor, just a different one. Still, better than nothing.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #365 on: January 13, 2017, 03:03:01 PM »
I got 9% or 10% for Joy's attack increase with Kokoro. (I got 9.4, but, my methods weren't the best... too lazy to use a def ignoring attack on someone else so I had to approximate attack power before -and- after joy)  That's... a somewhat decent amount. With Kokoro's personal boost she gets 22%~25% increase, which brings her offense stats up to top grade level (roughly 15, plus she benefits slightly more off base grade boosts). Fighting Spirit is her only other damage increase in skills though, but 25% dmg up from Spirit is good and that plus her regen also gives her pretty good bulk (and a 22~25% boost to one of her defenses!), and I suspect Invigorated Kagura Lion has good defense piercing due to it's description. So, it looks like she works out fine enough. With awakening and/or Miko the debuff gets lowered to triviality or nothing, and it's not that bad of one in the first place.

TBH it could also still be 8% though. It's probably 8 or 10. Not a large difference, just a matter of her having 20% or 25% boosts on herself.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:13:49 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #366 on: January 13, 2017, 04:26:43 PM »
About the poison in Lot2, I think it's really effective depending on circumstances. I'm even farming with it on floor B10 currently since most of my non-Byakuren chars die in 1-2 hits so I wriggle in, poison things and wait things out.

I got 9% or 10% for Joy's attack increase with Kokoro. (I got 9.4, but, my methods weren't the best... too lazy to use a def ignoring attack on someone else so I had to approximate attack power before -and- after joy)  That's... a somewhat decent amount. With Kokoro's personal boost she gets 22%~25% increase, which brings her offense stats up to top grade level (roughly 15, plus she benefits slightly more off base grade boosts). Fighting Spirit is her only other damage increase in skills though, but 25% dmg up from Spirit is good and that plus her regen also gives her pretty good bulk (and a 22~25% boost to one of her defenses!), and I suspect Invigorated Kagura Lion has good defense piercing due to it's description. So, it looks like she works out fine enough. With awakening and/or Miko the debuff gets lowered to triviality or nothing, and it's not that bad of one in the first place.

TBH it could also still be 8% though. It's probably 8 or 10. Not a large difference, just a matter of her having 20% or 25% boosts on herself.

"roughly 15" What's this number, her base attack after the joy plus 2.5x boost from passive? So, looking at the base of 64(12.0), we're getting 15 growth roughly from the passive?

I'm pretty bad at math and how these numbers add up to how a character works lol but since all the characters with her synergies are pretty solid, she seems alright no matter how her stats turn out to be.

But with the awakening her 8500 delay concentration with mask of hope should really help her sustain. so if she's tanky enough she doesn't need someone switching her in and out and that's great!

And with the 15.5 vote coming, I'm soooooooooo gonna vote for Koishi/Kokoro pairing. Love("Koi"shi) can't be separated from heart(Kokoro). :]

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #367 on: January 13, 2017, 05:02:48 PM »
"roughly 15" What's this number, her base attack after the joy plus 2.5x boost from passive? So, looking at the base of 64(12.0), we're getting 15 growth roughly from the passive?

I'm pretty bad at math and how these numbers add up to how a character works lol but since all the characters with her synergies are pretty solid, she seems alright no matter how her stats turn out to be.
Yeah. The number doesn't mean much unless you're pretty familiar with base stat meta, from looking at everyone's stats on the wiki or something, but 14.4~15 is the "normal" level of pretty high (characters like Kasen, Utsuho, Remilia, Suwako). Only a few characters like Suika, Yuugi and Flan surpass it. Basically, it makes Kokoro look like a potentially competitive character despite stuff like her Fighting Spirit being dependant on using one of her attacks, which will be a pain against bosses that resist it. (you might just want to go without on those, for example...) That's a little unfortunate, since otherwise with high ATK -or- MAG she can subclass to hit any weakness like a non-hp-build Satori would likely want to do- except whilst actually being bulky. But she loses the fighting spirit bonus, even if she'll often get more damage in the end that way. (Even if Satori can copy attacks, they're lv0 versus lv5 subclass ones, so only -really- nice copy attacks are actually better as plus disk expands available subclasses)

TBH high speed regen doesn't mean a -whole- lot for a bulky attacker since she'd have to stop attacking, but with Monk Sub that's like, 28% max hp healed in two moves, so it's not entirely bad in a pinch. (If you're actively trying to heal you'd probably rather use her turn to swap in a healer, though) It'd mean more if there seemed to be a point to making her a tank, but her kit can't come near competing for that role.

« Reply #368 on: January 13, 2017, 08:42:15 PM »
Well, I'm kinda taking back what I said about Orin, after getting all the perk. Turns out she's pretty good physical damage dealer if you got a bit lucky. She can't really stand and take hits so you need someone to swap her in.

But if those extra attacks proc and you're fighting someone who's has lowish def the damage can go several million. This is without proof of kinship since I don't have the skill point yet lol.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #369 on: January 13, 2017, 10:38:12 PM »
Yeah, that's the bad part about Orin. With a bit of tweaking (HP boost! and family doesn't hurt) she can take magic hits okay, at least.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #370 on: January 14, 2017, 01:06:16 AM »

sent you a pm

PS whats the price on it and wheres a purchase site? (preferably one that doesnt have a japanese capcha)

on a seperate note, should we actually create a new thread title like, labyrinth of touhou 2 plus disk or something?  people might not realize this has come out yet without a name change.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:17:10 AM by dawnbomb »
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

« Reply #371 on: January 14, 2017, 08:56:46 PM »
I FINALLY bought the game, and I have a few questions. I am average level 118 now, my highest level is Kogasa at 125. Is floor 20 still the best for grinding? Also, was there more balance/nerfs/buffs in full + disk? I know about Byakuren's "nerf". Still don't wanna use her tho

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #372 on: January 14, 2017, 10:28:59 PM »
keine/meiling/kogasa/youmu have a new skill (not from the corridor) compared to bushel of skills in the the original trial release, and overheat has been capped at 5

« Reply #373 on: January 15, 2017, 06:30:40 PM »
I FINALLY bought the game, and I have a few questions. I am average level 118 now, my highest level is Kogasa at 125. Is floor 20 still the best for grinding? Also, was there more balance/nerfs/buffs in full + disk? I know about Byakuren's "nerf". Still don't wanna use her tho

imo floor 20 is good until you're like level 270~ up. And yes everyone still uses Byakuren.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #374 on: January 15, 2017, 06:49:20 PM »
At least Byakuren is feasibly replaceable now, but yeah, she's still -really- good.

« Reply #375 on: January 16, 2017, 02:19:42 AM »
I gotta set her up, my refusal to use her because I wanted a challenge was a bit silly. I probably just got to grind then, as the Kraken is too fast, and the blue giant and 3 sacred treasures duo I am not ready for yet. I did murder Kasen though, Flan and Eiki made quick work of her with Reisen and Hina as assist damage.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #376 on: January 17, 2017, 10:51:56 AM »
Patch 1.103 is out. Aside from the bugfixes, there are also a bunch of skill changes:

-Akyuu's two guarding skills now have postuse of 5000 instead of 6000.
-Diva's two spells have more delay. (Their postuse is now 2500, and their effect is reduced from 5000 to 3750. Major RIP)
-"Enduring Celestial" is strengthened (Now the initial buff is +33%)
-"More Enduring Celestial" is removed, and in place another corridor skill "Courageous Sword" is added (1*60, When the user is under the effect of DEF or MND buffs, increase the user's ATK by (DEF buff+MND buff)/5. This effect is separate from ATK buffs.)
-"Keypoints of Defense" is removed, and in place another corridor skill "Keypoint of Spirit" is added (15*10, Whenever the user hits an enemy's weakness, increase "Keypoint of Spirit" counter by 3. Increase user's all stats by (counter*2)%. When the user receives a turn or switches to the back, reduce the counter by 1. This counter has a maximum of (SLv).)
-"Seven Celestial Peaches" now has a maxLv of 7 rather than 4.
-"Emergency Treatement Doll" is now stronger (recovers by (MaxHP-CurHP)/3 rather than 5)
-"Black White Reversal" now adds "Boost 150%" in addition to its usual effect.
-"Vampiric Attack" is stronger and receives new effect (now recovers 10% HP, and when the attack is single-target, increase user's all stats by 5% and increase damage by 15%)
-"Fried Tofu Power Up" now has a MaxLv of 8 instead of 5
-Flandre receives a new corridor skill "Roulette of Destruction" (1*66, At the start of each turn randomly grants one of the effects "Bow of Destruction", "Fruits of Destruction", or "Flames of Destruction". Each effect will increase the damage of the corresponding personal spell by 25%.) (It is unstated in the skill description, but these effects go away on the next turn)
-Shou receives a new corridor skill "Avatar's Endeavors" (12*15, At the start of each battle, "Bishamonten's Wrath" counter is set to a random number between (0..SLv).)
-"Shikigami Defense"'s activation rate is now 50%, up from 40%
-Youmu and Sanae's personal offensive spells now have a maxLv of 9
-Alice, Ran and Mystia's personal offensive spells now have a maxLv of 7
-"Supernatural Phenomenon"'s damage multiplier is slightly increased.
-"Knockout in Three Steps"'s damage multiplier is increased, and will ignore 50% DEF

From the bugfixes, it seems that Tokiko's heal wasn't not getting more healing under reading, but rather it was getting more healing regardless of whether Reading is there or not. It seems that without Reading it's only supposed to heal (10+missing MP)%. Also, I found that increasing the spell's level has no effect on the amount of healing.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:34:12 PM by RegalStar »

« Reply #377 on: January 17, 2017, 01:26:24 PM »
Thanks for your post RegalStar!

-Diva's two spells have more delay. (Their postuse is now 2500. Major RIP)

About friggin time'! I couldn't believe 3peso thought Gambler was more unbalanced than Diva

-"Enduring Celestial" is strengthened (Now the initial buff is +33%)
-"More Enduring Celestial" is removed, and in place another corridor skill "Courageous Sword" is added (1*60, When the user is under the effect of DEF or MND buffs, increase the user's ATK by (DEF buff+MND buff)/5. This effect is separate from ATK buffs.)
-"Keypoints of Defense" is removed, and in place another corridor skill "Keypoint of Spirit" is added (15*10, Whenever the user hits an enemy's weakness, increase "Keypoint of Spirit" counter by 3. Increase user's all stats by (counter*2)%. When the user receives a turn or switches to the back, reduce the counter by 1. This counter has a maximum of (SLv).)
-"Seven Celestial Peaches" now has a maxLv of 7 rather than 4.

This is VERY interesting for Tenshi, as she always struggled to muster enough power to do anything in the tank position. Even more interesting when you factor in that this boost goes hand in hand with State of Enlightenment and Iku's passive (and don't forget Thundercloud Stickleback!)

Just how powerful Tenshi becomes remains to be seen (especially since there are many other very powerful NAT nukes such as Suwako and Yuuka), but at least she probably won't be the sitting duck she used to be. I still see her as a sort of niche option for certain bosses, but she probably went from "only bring her if you absolutely need Hisou Sword" to "Bring her against just about any NAT weak boss, as well as any boss requiring Iku's presence"

Oh, and nice defensive improvement with the buffing of Celestial Peaches. I'm really starting to like Tenshi.

-"Emergency Treatement Doll" is now stronger (recovers by (MaxHP-CurHP)/3 rather than 5)

Not bad, though given how Alice is a rather frail, highly evasive mage, I don't think it'll change much for her viability.

-"Black White Reversal" now adds "Boost 150%" in addition to its usual effect.

What's this ability?

-Flandre receives a new corridor skill "Roulette of Destruction" (1*66, At the start of each turn randomly grants one of the effects "Bow of Destruction", "Fruits of Destruction", or "Flames of Destruction". Each effect will increase the damage of the corresponding personal spell by 25%.) (It is unstated in the skill description, but these effects go away on the next turn)

I love how ridiculously random this ability sounds^^ Very Flandre-like!

All the other buffs sound very nice too, albeit not as gamechanging probably. I'm a bit puzzled about the increase in Maxlvl for all those offensive spells - why those chars and not others? Only time will tell.

Either way, is this the final patch we should expect or there is still that major patch scheduled for February?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #378 on: January 17, 2017, 01:31:32 PM »
There's definitely going to be more patches, this was mostly balance changes and fixes, but there's still two major patches left to go, one that further expands the Endless Corridor, and another that even further expands the Endless Corridor (up to 999F IIRC) and adds in B11F and 28F-30F.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #379 on: January 17, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »
Just how powerful Tenshi becomes remains to be seen (especially since there are many other very powerful NAT nukes such as Suwako and Yuuka), but at least she probably won't be the sitting duck she used to be. I still see her as a sort of niche option for certain bosses, but she probably went from "only bring her if you absolutely need Hisou Sword" to "Bring her against just about any NAT weak boss, as well as any boss requiring Iku's presence"

Not bad, though given how Alice is a rather frail, highly evasive mage, I don't think it'll change much for her viability.
It's also worth noting that, along with making Tenshi a truly viable attacker (She has really good formulas on her attacks- she just only had remotely viable ATK if Iku was out) she also gets up to +30% more def/mnd/spd and an even bigger base HP boost. She could be a REALLY bulky attacker.

It's worth mentioning awhile back, Tenshi's attacks got a stealth buff; her single-target NTR debuffs ATK and the all-target debuffs MAG and SPD. She's also not just a NTR attacker; SPI-ele Sword of Hisou is also strong apart from just the buff clearing. If you use Iku full-time you could totally run Tenshi as a bulky attacker now, I think. Weakness is a thing, but that's what subclasses are for (Although she'd definitely excel more on NTR/SPI/FIR weak bosses, she can still manage fine for triggering PHYS/WND/CLD- empower normal attack, puncturing thrust, samidare slash; you're only out of luck for MYS and DRK unless you lulz and sub archmage PURELY to hit weakness a few times)

Also, Alice... really isn't frail? Her HP isn't -great-, but it's -definitely- not on the low end, and her DEF is the same (13.6 and 7.8) and she has a very solid 10.6 in mind, in addition to her silly evasion. This heavy regen just further solidifies Alice as most definitely a bulky mage. Just give her DEF/Affinity boost and and Second HP Boost or something. She could make great use of a First Aid Kit now, for that matter. If someone with heavy max HP had an ability like that (recover a third of lost HP) they'd be immortal, but on the likes of Alice it's still nifty as heck; I've seen what it can do on Yukari.

What's this ability?

All the other buffs sound very nice too, albeit not as gamechanging probably. I'm a bit puzzled about the increase in Maxlvl for all those offensive spells - why those chars and not others? Only time will tell.
Black/White Reversal swaps whether Shikieiki's moves use Attack or Magic. So, if the boss resists Spirit or Dark or has major def/mnd, you can swap your build without having to change out what stat Shikieiki is built for; this also makes it slightly easier to use her because she can easily afford one concentration in a boss to swap to single-target Judgment, from the randoms build where she probably wants to be using her MAG all-targets. Throwing on a fairly large boost (Wait, that's even a little better than Grand Incantation) makes the ability truly interesting instead of just a convenience. Although it's a bit awkward since it swaps her element and whether she ignores defenses or not, it's interesting.

As for the attacks... it's an awkward way of increasing their power (Since it only really takes effect quite far into the game), but the reason for those characters and not others is pretty clearly (in most cases) that they are weaker characters. Youmu was still sort of garbage until her corridor awakening, but this is effectively a (rather expensive...) 20% buff to all her damage. Mystia also seriously needed it, and it makes offense Sanae more viable.

...of note is that I ran the numbers, and Sanae's spirit attack is now even stronger than lv5 Start of Heavenly Demise (if SoHD is on someone else and not receiving Sanae's SPI booster, that is). It factors like 1.6x as much MND though, of course. If you sub Sorc, Moses' Miracle also turns into a 307% MAG - 100% MND attack (factoring ONLY the extra levels- so I'm comparing a 5/9 moses to the 1/5 formula on the wiki). Sanae's MAG is a little on the lower end but those formulas, her moderate bulk, and side-support add up into a pretty solid character... and then her corridor makes her pump the entire front row's MP which is pretty sweet. If you use the whole moriya team, her bulk actually gets pretty dang nice and that MAG isn't on the low end anymore, making her totally competitive.

Actually, Moriya team is starting to look -really- nice. Sanae was sort of a weak link as other buff options came up (although byakuren was nerfed enough sanae can sorta compete), but she's getting more towards being a competitive offense option, Kanako is definitely a top contender (corridor gives her Majesty+ for 9% buffs a turn and she gets +50% dmg -25% recieved, so, UH), and Suwako becomes potentially the best glass cannon in the game (competing with Marisa and Flan). Malice Cannon also got nicer since Alice is even more compelling to use.

TBH I'm sort of tempted to run moriya team now, but only after I can afford to awaken at least 2/3 of them, so pretty lategame. I was already considering swapping in Suwako, and Kanako's awakening is lip-biting goodness.

Yuugi's knockout and phenomenon were already previously buffed, and now it's buffed AGAIN, so she's seriously turning into a juggernaut >.> And Remi could seriously use that buff on Vampiric Attack. She's starting to look more like an actually worthwhile bulky attacker, granted I totally would only use her in an SDM team, she's starting to look like a worthwhile use of slot in said team. 11% buffs each turn she uses a single-target attack- if you sub Monk that 15% is, with a strategist or other buff maintainer out, enough to maintain permanent 100%. (Or, she has enough buffs to afford subbing any of Warrior/Murakamo/Swordmaster/Monk to hit weakness)

And Shou is a bit more easily viable as an attacker. Her low attack until the rage counter manages to get rolling is a thing, even if the rage counter makes her potentially amazingly strong in a long boss fight.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:44:54 PM by Serela »

« Reply #380 on: January 17, 2017, 03:42:54 PM »
So.... can anyone share some concrete instructions on how to recruit Koishi? The only thing I've read is that she's 'somewhere between 22-24F' but I can't seem to find her. Also read that you need to see 'previous Koishi events' but I've yet to encounter any. For the record... she's the only person I'm missing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #381 on: January 17, 2017, 03:57:59 PM »
From the JP wiki on Koishi-
1.Encounter with B1F
2.Encounter with B3F
3.Encounter with 21F
4.If you encounter at 24F join.

Also, hmm, higher max level... means Mystia and Alice's status spells are slightly better. Not a big difference because they only got the 7 max boost and aren't major debuffers, but not half bad- Trip Wire now gives -44% speed debuff at max, and Mystia's PSN/PAR move maxes at 88% proc instead of 80%, and Midnight Chorus Master is up to 120%(!) SIL infliction (she can REALLY activate her 30~40% stat boost from corridor silence boost now). Actually sort of relevant because Mystia practically requires a silenced enemy; with that and "by myself" her base def/mnd is more towards 9.5 (and 15 atk), with roughly 50% more effect from base stat boost things. Still only good in 9 team because she needs silence to become as good as other characters are normally, but.

If only Sanae had lv9 miracle fruits :VV

« Reply #382 on: January 17, 2017, 04:01:29 PM »
Uh... just checked Alice and yeah, looks like you're right - I don't know why I remembered her as frail, oh well. I'm not too much of a fan of the Malice build mostly because there are other characters with good MYS damage output (like Iku) which are also much more versatile than Marisa. Though it's definitely an option vs Mystic-weak bosses or MND-weak bosses.

Also yeah, I can see that the point is to buff those chars, I just was surprised that those chars in particular got picked as there are many other chars out there who could use an offensive boost. That being said, considering I use the whole Moriya team on my main squad, I don't mind at all! :-)

Also, about Shikieiki's ability... is it a corridor ability or something? Because on the previous thread, the only listed ability for Shikieiki was:

Ability to Tell Black from White (1*80): Cleansed Crystal Mirror's effect will activate even if skill holder is in the backlines. If Skill holder is in the front, Rod of Remorse's effect will extend to the whole party, and skill holder will receive double benefit from it.

How does this new Black/White reversal ability work, exactly? Does it cause a "stat shift" upon concentrating, or what?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #383 on: January 17, 2017, 04:18:15 PM »
Also, about Shikieiki's ability... is it a corridor ability or something? Because on the previous thread, the only listed ability for Shikieiki was:
That list is outdated. Here you go! https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,20421.msg1299914.html#msg1299914

Also, yeah, Marisa's not a terribly flexible character. However she is probably the strongest glass cannon in the game, at least, in exchange for it. At least there's Sheer Force to help her out a bit, and Archmage for randoms or non-glass-cannon use. But at least when using, say, Suwako or Flan as a glass cannon instead, they have some limited ability to use other elements. (Suwako can swap to Start of Heavenly Demise if I really needed to... it'd be a pain if I was using that sub on someone else though, admittedly. Suwa's other attacks are so much weaker. TBH it'd probably be easier to outright swap for another glass cannon with only moderate mag/atk investment for the fight)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:20:27 PM by Serela »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #384 on: January 17, 2017, 04:33:42 PM »
According to 2ch's LoT topic, the two diva skills' ATB effect is also reduced from 5000 to 3750, so... even more major RIP.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #385 on: January 17, 2017, 04:36:47 PM »
The slowdown song was obviously gamebreaking, but it's too bad for the speedup one. Diva is basically a dead class now, only good for it's passives of encounter rate down and the minor exp up.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #386 on: January 17, 2017, 05:23:42 PM »
I have been using Validon's save file to do an NG+ with all eight plus disk characters, plus Renko/Mari/Rinnosuke/Minoriko to cover some loose ends, and I've made it to 10F so far. It's definitely not a high tier team with a lot of problems, but I've managed to struggle my way through. The big problem is that pretty much everyone on the team requires lots of SKP to really make use of their skills, which I simply don't have at the moment (Renko and Mari ended up doing most of the heavy lifting so far). Mamizou and Tokiko are very helpful even early though; I've been using Tokiko as mostly a healer who can end the fights with a master spark like kick (and maybe a couple of follow-up kicks), and her CLD multi-target spell is also pretty useful in randoms even though it does 0 actual damage to almost everything. Mamizou mostly benefits from the fact that this team is very SHK-heavy; it's pretty much funny to see Tokiko consistently instantly death entire enemy groups in randoms. I've also used Miko as an MP support but that's a bug that got patced so that's that. Pretty much everyone else have just served as generic attackers so far though (Kokoro has been the best of the bunch due to good stats and me complete giving up on investing in her gimmick for now), except Akyuu who had been basically mostly dead weight except on telegraphed high damage moves.

« Reply #387 on: January 17, 2017, 07:13:03 PM »
I dont get it, i never managed to fix the issue on my +Disk version of TH2

its without sound and all the japanese characters are replaced by squares

>Install TH2 = everything ok so far, it shows japanese and sound ON
>Apply  1.203 patch= same as above
>Drop Demo files on the patched folder=everything messes up,sound no longer plays and all kanjis are replaced with squares

anything i am doing wrong? didnt applied the english TH2 files or anything

same result happens if i skip the patch and just drop the demo files on a clean TH2 install

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #388 on: January 17, 2017, 07:18:10 PM »
RIP Diva but it needed to happen. I don't think it needed to be to quite this scale though... (from 7500 post use to 2500??? and 5000 to 3750???)

I've been so busy lately that I haven't started the plus disk content. Not that I want to right now anyway because I still haven't finished my stat gem grinding for my current party. I'm curious if Youmu is strong enough to use without help from the Plus Disk skills now that her base abilities have a higher level cap along with the totally not Grand Incantation skill. It probably won't since the spellcard formulas doesn't change all too much level to level, but maybe just this is enough to push her into usability for the main game.

« Reply #389 on: January 17, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »
I couldn't help it and i took a peek at the enemy folder -WARNING SPOILERS-

Spoiler:
WHY IS THE SERPENT OF CHAOS BACK?
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Is that another evil looking serpent with 5 eyes yamata no orochi? looks like the game cover enemy,WHY IT HAS 4 DIFFERENT COLORS?
Spoiler:

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:30:38 PM by DarkAtma »