Author Topic: Transformers: The Last Knight - give Optimus Prime your face!  (Read 3410 times)

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
The film will be released on the 23rd of June. First trailer here.

King Arthur met the Transformers? Nazi Germany is involved? Optimus trying to
Spoiler:
take Bumblebee's face
? Giant planet-sized thing approaching Earth? Appearance of The Creators? Return of Megatron? Bumblebee
Spoiler:
reattaching his limbs after being blown apart
? Possible planet-sized Baysplosion somewhere in the film?

I can only describe all that with four letters.
H! Y! P! E!

Wear your bomb-proof suits, people! Because Michael Bay is going to blow us away with one hell of a movie!
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - give Optimus Prime your face!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 12:55:27 PM »
Transformer: The Last Knight. What can I say about it? Well, this is my own opinion and everyone is entitled with their own. But I think the movie is a goddamn mess!

The plot overall is a goddamn mess and really boring. It's comparable Suicide Squad level of mess.

Most of the characters are either boring or underused. The main highlight of this movie is Optimus Prime turning evil. You have to wait until beginning of 3rd act to see him menacing the heroes. Dinobots returns? Well yes, until the first act that is. Then they disappear entirely. The Autobots from previous movie?  The only appear for around half the movie. Even then, they're out of focus. The Decepticon had it worse. First, the new Decepticons get a weird XxX 3 or Suicide Squad-esque introduction and nametag that looks out of place. Despite that, most of them gets absolutely destroyed in their first fight scene. Megatron is pushover. The new villain, Quintessa is a humanoid looking robot with psychic power who wanted to destroy earth to restore Cybertron. Okay...?

That leaves us with the human characters. There's the main character, Cade, black sidekick, tough little girl and her robot who reminded audiences to Rey and BB-8 from Star Wars The Force Awaken, good soldier, british lady, and Anthony Hopskin and his robot butler. Honestly, I think Cade is kinda cool. He's willing to sacrifice his livelihood and become a fugitive to provide shelter for the Autobot and become their surrogate leader along with Bumblebee. No wonder
Spoiler:
the MacGuffin chose him as the titular Last Knight. Yes, the title refers to him
. The black sidekick acts like most black sidekick in any action movies. The tough girl is tough, but she comes up more often as a Load. She always tried to participate in a battlefield despite being out of her league. British girl only exist to be the love interest, primary McGuffin (The Staff of Merlin) holder (Nevermind that other giant robot can hold the staff no problem), and to make a scene with annoying british old ladies. Anthony Hopkins and his robot butler, Cogman ended up carrying the movie (Although I do not like Cogman due to him being a combo of British butler and Trevor Philips (GTAV)).

The action scenes are mostly disappointing. The one from trailers are pretty awesome. But the rest of them are meh. The first action in the ruined is pretty okay if you can tolerate 4 annoying kids. It established both the tough girl and Cade as badasses. The second action is where the eeeevil humans pits Autobots against Decepticons. Despite their plan being ruined by tough girl going Leeroy, the Autobots very quickly demolishes the Decepticons. The Dinobots stops eeevil human from advancing, they disappear entirely from the movies after that. The last half of the scene is just the human heroes outsmarting  eeevil human's drone. Then Cogman interrupt the heroes, distracting Cade from incoming drone. 

Most of the robots don't participate in the second act due to it being located in England. So, it mostly become eeevil human vs heroes. Boring.

The climax is also boring.
Spoiler:
A final battle taking place in floating island is cool and all, but since the battle mostly focuses on the humans and it shakes and cut too much, I can't see what the hell is going on and where's the enemies? Sure it's perfectly captures the feeling of a real battlefield, but audiences can't see the flow of the battle. When it's time for the primary antagonists to fight, both villains maybe lasts less than a minute against Optimus Prime

For all the hype it created, I think this movie failed to deliver it. The plot, the character, and the fight scenes are so bad that this movie is only passable as a mindless CGI filled summer popcorn movie. That is just my opinion though.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 12:24:58 AM »
Just what i excepted from Bay. Predictable, weak, anti-climatic, brain dead, and just plain lame. I'm happy this will be the last one. I wished that it had stopped with the first movie.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 02:56:40 AM »
Just what i excepted from Bay. Predictable, weak, anti-climatic, brain dead, and just plain lame. I'm happy this will be the last one. I wished that it had stopped with the first movie.

Guess I hyped for nothing, then...

Michael Bay confirmed that there'll be a next movie. Though he also confirmed that he won't be returning to the franchise. So let's hope whoever takes over as director does a much better job...
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...