Author Topic: Aperture Touhou - A Touhou/Portal crossover VN  (Read 5407 times)

Aperture Touhou - A Touhou/Portal crossover VN
« on: May 25, 2013, 12:02:23 PM »
Exactly what it says up there.

Aperture Touhou (I should really come up with a better name for it) is a visual novel done in Ren'Py by me and a friend.
In an attempt to prevent Gensokyo from being wrecked further while trying to clean up after the latest incident, Yukari gives several inhabitants of Gensokyo cruise tickets and ships them all off to the tundra. When their ship sinks, they find themselves stranded inside a strange white building while a mysterious voice talks of tests and cake...

Notes:
  • Nitori's route is incomplete and very buggy. It'll probably never be completed due to personal issues between the creators.
  • There are 8 possible endings for Cirno's route, have fun.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i2yyk3v0htaqned/ApertureTouhou-1.0-all.zip

Have a screenshot too:

Re: Aperture Touhou - A Touhou/Portal crossover VN
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 12:21:48 AM »
Which of Cirno's endings is the "truest" one?

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 06:07:18 AM »
I... honestly can't remember anymore. I can tell from looking over the script that out of endings 6 and 8, one is the "joke" and one is the "true" ending, but I can't remember which is which now.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 03:45:16 AM »
This is a really nice fan game that actually almost made me cry.
Spoiler:
Sacrificing the characters to get through was a really hard choice.
I played through it two times and got Ending 1 and 8. Ending 8 might be the true one but I want to know if there is a best ending where if you sacrifice the right characters, you get that ending.
Spoiler:
The Math room looks like you could sacrifice Utsuho because of the warmth, and the final part sounds like you have to bring Flandre, but I brought Reimu...
This is a really sad yet addicting novel game that has a great story, I, myself, have never seen the end of Portal so I don't know what it's like. I just played through it and now I feel bad for the characters.
I still have a hard time figuring out if this is a dream, or real.
I really loved this game, maybe someone should make more novel games for Touhou that is interactive. This is a really neat idea.
Currently a normal player

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 05:18:29 AM »
This is a really nice fan game that actually almost made me cry.
Spoiler:
Sacrificing the characters to get through was a really hard choice.
I played through it two times and got Ending 1 and 8. Ending 8 might be the true one but I want to know if there is a best ending where if you sacrifice the right characters, you get that ending.
Spoiler:
The Math room looks like you could sacrifice Utsuho because of the warmth, and the final part sounds like you have to bring Flandre, but I brought Reimu...
This is a really sad yet addicting novel game that has a great story, I, myself, have never seen the end of Portal so I don't know what it's like. I just played through it and now I feel bad for the characters.
I still have a hard time figuring out if this is a dream, or real.
I really loved this game, maybe someone should make more novel games for Touhou that is interactive. This is a really neat idea.

I know if you sacrifice Utusho and Flandre before the third test then you get ending 1. I sacrificed Flandre in the first test and I guess she can fly. Maybe if you bring those three to the final room then you can get the true ending? I got ending 8 btw

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 11:52:29 PM »
This game is actually pretty hard to get all endings.
I've played so much, that I am afraid of the game now. I've gotten Ending 1, 4, 5, and 8. And I've played like 10 times.
I would list the endings, but I don't want to spoil the endings.
Ending 4 is the funniest of the four.
Spoiler:
It involves Flandre.
I might make a list of things to take notice of.
Link
Currently a normal player

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 08:19:07 AM »
Oh look, I found my old notes on this game.
Ending 6 is unreachable right now due to a coding error, whoops. Seeing as I found all the unused art assets for Nitori's route too, maybe I'll actually look in finishing up this game a bit more.
Guide to reaching the rest of the endings below:
  • Ending 1:
    Spoiler:
    Stay behind in any room before the math one.
  • Ending 2:
    Spoiler:
    Stay behind in the math room.
  • Ending 3:
    Spoiler:
    Time out on the Victory Lift twice.
  • Ending 4:
    Spoiler:
    Keep Flandre with you until the end.
  • Ending 5:
    Spoiler:
    Bomb Glados, then time out on flying away.
  • Ending 6:
    Spoiler:
    Answer '9' in the math room, keep Nitori with you, send Nitori to check the unused test chamber.
    (It's the "true" end with stuff referencing Nitori's route, so maybe it's a good thing it bugged out.)
  • Ending 7:
    Spoiler:
    Time out on bombing Glados.
  • Ending 8:
    Spoiler:
    Bomb Glados and fly away.