Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 225667 times)

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2013, 08:34:55 AM »
I am utterly confused. I checked Youkai Mountain specifically on both my beta5 save file and new game, and it worked fine. I also checked Depths of Hell, and same thing. Worked fine. It'd be easier if I saw a vid of it myself, but really, it...should be working.

Spoiler:
What I thought was wrong initially, and what SHOULD have been what was wrong, is that I forgot to put in an Else statement for if Yukari was in the party. I fixed that on everything, so that shouldn't be the problem. There really shouldn't be any reason why this is happening, unless what I uploaded didn't take right...

Try this and see if it works?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mw10tf2dg5gw841/RPG_RT(2).ldb

Make sure to remove the (2) so that it works properly.

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2013, 08:41:45 AM »
Sorry, still not working for me. I even deleted the previous RT file before putting the new one in. If it's working on your copy, maybe just make a patch of all the stuff that could be causing this issue?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2013, 08:42:56 AM »
But I've already done everything that I can think of. Unless someone else is having the same problems as well...I mean, I can't think of anything else that'd be causing it. There SHOULDN'T be, as I'm not having any issues on my side o_o;;

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2013, 08:51:47 AM »
I just tested entering the maps with the backup RT file from before the last big update patch, and it didn't work even with that. So whatever the problem is, it happened in the last big update but isn't that RT file.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2013, 08:52:59 AM »
Bizarre. If you can, try one of the other older versions. I don't understand why it's not working for you though once again, when it's working fine on my end.

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2013, 08:58:23 AM »
That was a good idea, I used the 1.102 patch again (the second newest) and I can enter the maps again. So there really is something in the newest update that messes up my game. But it doesn't seem to do it to yours, to which I have no idea. Maybe try making another release of the update to make sure there's nothing wrong with it?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2013, 09:00:01 AM »
I wouldn't know what else to do, seeing as I've already gave you my database files...

...Oh wait, I know what I'm doing. I'm an idiot lol...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ecdd563alffifob/RPG_RT.lmt

I needed to send the MAP file, not DATABASE. God....

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2013, 09:10:59 AM »
Sorry, that doesn't do it for me either. :(
If you can't pinpoint the issue, I can try and use the files in the 1.102 patch in small parts to find the reason for this issue. But I don't have the time to do it until later.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2013, 09:14:20 AM »
Whaaaa? I uploaded the newest map stuff....unless....OH blast it all I got to upload MORE again. Fffffff

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i1az3auj1reurir/Touhou_Fantasy_New_Database_and_Maps.rar

I swear, this is the last one. Remember kids, don't try to do stuff super super late when you should be sleeping! >_>;;

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2013, 09:23:42 AM »
Yup that fixed it. Good work figuring it out! :)

Until next time then :P

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2013, 02:33:15 PM »
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but
Spoiler:
losing the unbeatable fight against Marisa at her house results in a Game Over. I thought I just had to survive until she said something like "that's enough, take this" but no, back to title screen after every loss. I need to level up more just to live even longer against her or something?
Funny thing was, using Intel on her said I was fighting Rumia! :P
Oh and I have to say, Forest of Magic is an encounter hell with the new passive Cirno has, fight after fight...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2013, 11:15:10 PM »
Oops. I forgot to fix her Intel then.

Yeah, this should fix everything up. For some reason, there was a few common events in the database that was not working properly, so I had to do some special things with them (i.e. have a Conditional Branch check if a switch is off for them to run, and at the start of a fight have a switch turn on so that those events WON'T run during battles, then turn the switch back on after fights). Hopefully this fixes everything!

Update Patch 1.104: http://www.mediafire.com/download/677r3y19v75lvnj/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.104.rar

Fixes a fatal error making it impossible to get pass certain boss fights (something really screwy with the common events happened. I can't even fathom why it's acting up, but it's fixed now...as far as I've tested extensively anyways...). In addition, since I forgot to do it, there's now a hint person in Eientei for the Forest puzzle.

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2013, 10:55:14 AM »
That patch didn't fix the problem I had with
Spoiler:
Marisa. I still get sent to the title screen after losing the battle. I noticed I can connect with confuse and berserk, that combined with blink I was able to survive for quite a few turns.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2013, 07:19:45 PM »
Are you sure? I know I put everything into that patch that I needed to (this being the database in this particular case), so it should be working. I managed to get past Marisa myself...

« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2013, 07:55:43 PM »
Hmm okay, I tested it twice after applying the patch and it didn't work, now I tried it again just to make sure and got through the fight. I'm confused but I guess if no one else is going to have the same issue that problem is solved.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2013, 07:57:15 PM »
Nobody else has reported anything to me (really, the only ones reporting anything is you sadly...). So, unless there ARE more problems like this, then I don't know what to say on the matter. If I have to, I'll have to remove the HP+% stuff until it's resolved later or something...

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2013, 03:59:59 AM »
Actually started to play this again and, uh... I somehow found Yuuka on the world map. That didn't end well. At all.
Also, thanks for taking out the Misty Lake puzzle. That was really annoying the first time through.
EDIT: Also, in what way is the Forest of Magic balanced? Because the enemies there are hard even on the easy path.
SECOND EDIT: Wait, I forgot to reread your hint post from earlier. Diamond Blizzard, right.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:19:08 AM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2013, 04:39:24 AM »
Yes, Diamond Blizzard trivializes Forest of Magic (except for Parasites, seeing as they're pretty strong anyways). Kedamas might not be taken out in one shot either, but that leaves them weakened enough for someone like Aya or Reimu to take out. And always ALWAYS keep as much healing as you can! Items, equipment, abilities...I tried to make everything important to survival. ^^;

Yeah, the Misty Lake puzzle wasn't exactly that great, so I reverted it back to its original state.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2013, 04:42:49 AM »
Right, right. ^^;
Also, when I accidentally ran into Yuuka, I found the guy that's there. Let's just say I like dashing (I know, speed bug, but it's like an autodash).

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2013, 04:45:21 AM »
Well, try not to abuse it, as it'll end up breaking things in the longrun that's not meant to be at that speed.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2013, 05:04:53 AM »
Oh, well in that case I'll switch it back to normal speed. Didn't know about that. ^^;

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2013, 05:12:55 AM »
Yeah, cutscenes aren't fixed. They're entirely dependent on the speed set for both your character AND the event (your character is just invisible during all of the events. They're that way so that you can't see them move, but they HAVE to kinda move to keep the screen going properly. I COULD use Pan Screen, but that doesn't work nearly as well as I'd like. ^^;; ).

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2013, 05:25:22 AM »
Ah, that makes sense. Well, that'll teach me to mess with settings I don't need to.
Also, holy crap, Poison Mushrooms and Shadow Gems sell for a lot. Just as a balancing recommendation I'd reduce the drop rates of those items in the Forest of Magic, because I sort of just maxed out my P stock and I haven't even sold all of that yet.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2013, 05:27:46 AM »
They're also crafting items, needed to make specific items. Drop rates tend to be about 30% so...

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2013, 05:49:56 AM »
You having problems with the Marisa fight? So am I. It briefly starts a cutscene but then sends me to the Game Over screen. What the hell?
EDIT: Never mind, now it's working. Huh?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 05:52:42 AM by Validon98 »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2013, 05:50:48 AM »
Wait, it automatically game overs before it even gets to the fight?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2013, 05:53:15 AM »
No, I meant that when I lost I got the game over, but this time I didn't. Huh?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2013, 05:54:15 AM »
Yeah, that's the mysterious bug I'm trying to solve. If you can, keep a save before that Marisa fight, and then test it out once I get this database uploaded.

EDIT - For anyone who is willing to test this out and make sure that it isn't game overing:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r515b6lki3scgyj/RPG_RT.ldb

Just try it in any fight that forces you to lose, or go to New Game > ???? (which is the debug room, but don't abuse this for normal play please). The bottom two characters on the right side from where you start will be your tests (note, one of them is a spoiler for a beta4 boss fight, and is the one that doesn't use the switch). It is best to test this on the second to last one (it'll give you a Test 0 fight instead). This is the one that all other bosses uses for coding, so if it game overs in here still, let me know. Give it a few tries (10 tries max, or try however many tries and see if it does game over...I need to make sure that it doesn't). If it doesn't, then I'll have to figure out how to fix these 2 common events so it doesn't do that anymore.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:00:06 AM by Xenomic »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2013, 06:00:06 AM »
And of course, I just saved over it even when I was going to try to keep a separate save. Stupid me.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2013, 06:00:55 AM »
Well, if you want to try the debug room and don't mind spoilers, follow the instructions above. Just make sure to not travel too deep into the debug room is all.