Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!  (Read 467409 times)

7TC7

• In best company
Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!
« Reply #990 on: May 20, 2013, 04:03:30 PM »
Now that all predictions seem to have been thrown out of the window and the religious heads seem to be Byakuren, Miko and Reimu I guess everything is possible. I'm expecting one more character from the Mountain (i predict Momizi or Hatate) followed by two from the underground (expecting Rin and Koishi, as Okuu already was playable and Satori seems not the kind to show interest in this). If they are gonna release one character until Saturday, that's still two characters short though...
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
« Reply #991 on: May 20, 2013, 04:04:26 PM »
If there's Nitori, I want Suwako and Kanako, or just Sanae.
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #992 on: May 20, 2013, 04:05:42 PM »
Hi, I just logged in to type that I fell in love with Miko's new appearance.  :*

That is all.

Just kidding. This game is getting me really excited.

Powerup punchin'!

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #993 on: May 20, 2013, 04:07:12 PM »
I BARELY see Kanako's head there... and her not being in would surprise me.
It is Kanako. She has her distinguish hairband.

BTW, to you people who say some kappas hate religion, where has that been stated? I haven't found anything what has said that myself.
A quick translation of her profile states it.

I'm suprised how one screen can wipe away almost the whole MoF crew. Only Momiji and Hina are left.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #994 on: May 20, 2013, 04:07:40 PM »
I honestly didn't expected her to appear here, but if you consider that she was stated to appear in Hisoutensoku....

Fingers crossed for logic-defying Mokou and Kaguya...
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #995 on: May 20, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »
With Nitori being announced, and the possibility of Sanae, Kanako, and Suwako not being playable at all, pretty much means all bets are off from this point onwards.

Nitori's Solid Snake (Brawl) move certainly pleased me. Will wait to see why she is getting involved before I air any other comment. (Translation please~ XD )

On the translation note, I've been providing the UK group (on FB) links to our translations on here when new characters have been announced. Hope you don't mind; just doing my best to keep each community happy and informed. ^^

« Reply #996 on: May 20, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »
It is Kanako. She has her distinguish hairband.

I'm suprised how one screen can wipe away almost the whole MoF crew. Only Momiji and Hina are left.

I say again, have they confirmed that being in the background means you won't be playable? Not Having Kanako in is a big surprise to me.... but maybe Kanako will call upon Okuu to fight for her ;)

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #997 on: May 20, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »

Speaking of which, where's my translations of her profile and the blog post? Just saying.

As much I would like to see Momiji in the game, I really doubt that will be th case. I think Hatate might have better chance of appearing.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #998 on: May 20, 2013, 04:14:12 PM »
I say again, have they confirmed that being in the background means you won't be playable? Not Having Kanako in is a big surprise to me.... but maybe Kanako will call upon Okuu to fight for her ;)

Unless, Kanako somehow managed to convince Nitori to fight for her, but I highly doubt it.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #999 on: May 20, 2013, 04:15:30 PM »
Only Momiji and Hina are left.

Playable Momiji would be AWESOME!

I really hope this happens now, and Hina would be awesome too.  :derp:
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

« Reply #1000 on: May 20, 2013, 04:18:51 PM »
I was in the "background characters won't be playable" camp beforehand, but with Kanako and Sanae in the background, I'm starting to believe that that isn't true. Getting my hopes for Shou and Seiga back up again.

At the same time, Nitori's appearance could point to other random playable characters. Like, say, Orin? :D
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

« Reply #1001 on: May 20, 2013, 04:20:59 PM »
Well jeez, that just threw out every single idea I had...
Nitori looks really fun to play, I guess we'll be seeing some SA characters then considering their absense so far.
I'd like to think it won't be Okuu just cause she appeared in hiso already, and I could really see rin working as a character.
Come to think of it Alice has been notably absent too considering how often she appears in the series.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:23:19 PM by Frog »

« Reply #1002 on: May 20, 2013, 04:23:28 PM »
I was in the "background characters won't be playable" camp beforehand, but with Kanako and Sanae in the background, I'm starting to believe that that isn't true. Getting my hopes for Shou and Seiga back up again.

At the same time, Nitori's appearance could point to other random playable characters. Like, say, Orin? :D

Orin would be cool, throwing people into her cart. Some other random characters I would like are Yuuka, Mamizou, Kasen, Tenshi(a friend of mine REALLY wants her in) and Mami(what a twist :p ) But I am expecting someone new to the series as well.

We haven't seen Alice yet have we? Some of my friends are expecting Alice in the game.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #1003 on: May 20, 2013, 04:24:21 PM »
If Orin would appear, I think her ability would allow her to summon zombie fairies. Question of how they would behave is up to you (I personally think they should work like Dizzy's ice fishes or Mu's Stein Gunners)

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #1004 on: May 20, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »
It is honestly a pleasure reading this thread today.

The shitstorms that have emerged at this announcement in other places (be it about gameplay, thrown-off predictions, the artwork) is getting a bit too much for my tastes...

I for myself am very content with the update, though it does provoke questions about BG character's playability. If Moriya does show up after all, anything else could be possible as well. I just don't know what is going to happen next.

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #1005 on: May 20, 2013, 04:25:36 PM »
What if Nitori`s True Religion is Pantheist?

So she can stop the great religion wars and tell everyone that Religions were corrupt while Pantheism is the only True Religion?

P.S.

Albert Einstein`s Religion is Pantheist.

« Reply #1006 on: May 20, 2013, 04:27:05 PM »
Okay... Here is my suggestion for the missing characters:
Meiling, Kasen, Mamizou and Alice.

Of course they might introduce some new character that is neither the final boss nor the (optional) midboss...
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil
« Reply #1007 on: May 20, 2013, 04:28:03 PM »
Nitori, woah that's quite a surprise, didn't expect her at all, I think I found my main.

I wanted Kanako really badly, but I'll take it.

Nitori on a quest to destroy religions.

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!

« Reply #1008 on: May 20, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »
It is honestly a pleasure reading this thread today.

The shitstorms that have emerged at this announcement in other places (be it about gameplay, thrown-off predictions, the artwork) is getting a bit too much for my tastes...

I for myself am very content with the update, though it does provoke questions about BG character's playability. If Moriya does show up after all, anything else could be possible as well. I just don't know what is going to happen next.

I honestly don't know of other touhou forums other then this one, haha. People really are getting pissed about this? From what I have seen, this game will be awesome, and the most unique fighter I have seen. I really do hope it grows and people play it here.

I think we need to look for tommorows update. that will show us for sure if we will get a Moriya or not. they have seeming posting the characters as groups together, so if we are getting Kanako, Sanae, or Suwaka, we will know by tommorow, since I am sure Nitori is fighting along side Kanako. Remember, Kanako supports science and tech, which nitori loves, so why wouldn't she side with her?

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #1009 on: May 20, 2013, 04:33:34 PM »
We haven't seen Alice yet have we? Some of my friends are expecting Alice in the game.

She could be playable; at this point, anything is possible. :D

We're still missing the Forest of Magic stage, after all... Which, could be either Alice's or Mamizou's stage (according to SoPM, Mami apparently hangs around there).

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #1010 on: May 20, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »
I honestly don't know of other touhou forums other then this one, haha. People really are getting pissed about this? From what I have seen, this game will be awesome, and the most unique fighter I have seen. I really do hope it grows and people play it here.

Some people don't really like the idea of seeing Nitori instead of one of the Moriya's in this update. And having without exception all of the Moriya's in one screenshot in the back of a stage must be a hard punch in their face.

I am just anxious to see what comes next. With Nitori's reveal, I am starting to think everything could happen now.

Spoiler:
Rumia, Minoriko pls <3

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #1011 on: May 20, 2013, 04:37:16 PM »

Maybe the guy means othr places, not just forums. For example, Dustloop has thread for HM, but I am pretty much only person there who keeps the thread updated. So places like 4chan might be where the shitstorms ar coming from.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #1012 on: May 20, 2013, 04:38:12 PM »
Wow. Nitori. In a game about showing off in front of people. The shy kappa wants some friends? Also, funny that an anti-religious character will still use the "balance between three religions" mechanic.

Thinking a bit, it makes some sense that Moriya cast doesn't take part in the whole thing if we suppose that they may have found their followers in mountain youkai communities. Or they could have nudged them into taking part just to mess with everyone :V In that case, expecting someone from SA messing things up further.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #1013 on: May 20, 2013, 04:45:40 PM »
I want some beam specials with her.

Hell, make her fucking Iron Man (but not MvC3 garbage Iron Man. MvC2 will suffice)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #1014 on: May 20, 2013, 04:49:37 PM »
Abridged version of 'From Tasofro's blog'
Nitori is less affected by the 'Characters are gradually pulled to the center' mechanic, so it is easier to maintain height difference.
To make use of this property, her weak shots move in a parabola, and her strong shots shoot up and down, and she can't shoot directly in front of her.

She has a 999 battery count for her skills and shots.
While it lasts, spirit consumption is low. But when it runs out, attacks might weaken, become unusable, and/or use more spirit.

Tasofro also mentions that Nitori has lots of skills with ZUN's naming sense. (The skill in the screenshot is called 'Photon Torpedo')

Of course, This isn't the whole post.

I think ZUNnaming is awesome.

I'm still quite sure that Nitori has her battery refilled for the next round.

I also except someone like Rin or Koishi.
Signature

« Reply #1015 on: May 20, 2013, 04:52:10 PM »
This has to be a Moriya Shrine conspiracy ! So it makes for Kanako to just watch the fights.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #1017 on: May 20, 2013, 04:53:51 PM »
Her energy is refilled between rounds ("not refilled until the round ends").
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1018 on: May 20, 2013, 04:57:10 PM »

Orin's special mechanic is that you have to win fifteen rounds to beat her. :V

If Orin would appear, I think her ability would allow her to summon zombie fairies. Question of how they would behave is up to you (I personally think they should work like Dizzy's ice fishes or Mu's Stein Gunners)

Or Arakune's bugs maybe?

Edit: Oh yeah, and I'd say Utsuho's odds just went waaaay up.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #1019 on: May 20, 2013, 05:03:28 PM »
Edit: Oh yeah, and I'd say Utsuho's odds just went waaaay up.

Or down as aside from Reimu and Marisa, other characters have never been playable
before (okay, Nitori was Marisas support in SA, but she hasn't been playable alone).
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter