Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!  (Read 466956 times)

Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!
« Reply #960 on: May 20, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »
So she is now heretic or something? I mean, kappas and tengus are Moriyas main source of faith and Nitori being like "Screw that, science is better." would make her one if Rikako has proven that.

Yeah. I see her siding with the Moriyas. Maybe Sanae is not in it, and instead we get Nitori and Kanako? Perhaps Sanae was a bad girl.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #961 on: May 20, 2013, 03:24:59 PM »
If my auto-translator is saying what I think it's saying, it sounds like her mechanic is sort of like Aigis is Persona 4. Her weapons use energy, which she has a limited amount of each round. Alternatively, her energy level regenerates slowly but any used energy doesn't automatically restore across rounds. Either way, sounds interesting.

It says absolutely nothing about her energy level regenerating.

Whatever is left is that; it doesn't get restored. The description says you have to think carefully about how you pace out your use of energy.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #962 on: May 20, 2013, 03:28:45 PM »
It says absolutely nothing about her energy level regenerating.

Whatever is left is that; it doesn't get restored. The description says you have to think carefully about how you pace out your use of energy.

Interesting. I like the sound of that a lot. I don't recall ever seeing something quite like that in a fighting game. It also seems to be implying that some of her attacks get weaker the less energy she has left, but again that could be me misreading the near nonsense that came out of my translator.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #963 on: May 20, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »
Interesting. I like the sound of that a lot. I don't recall ever seeing something quite like that in a fighting game.

I think the closest thing I can think of relating to that would be Bang Shishigami from BlazBlue, who has limited amough of nails he can use.  Where I doubt I would use Nitori, I think this is interesting, having either option to use her energy sparingly (Bang can use nails to throw "kunais" or create bumpers to bounce off, each costing only one nail normally ) or if in a pinch, just unleashe all the energy you have for a lot of damage (Bang can use all of his nails to create a rain of nails for a lot of hits and damage).

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #964 on: May 20, 2013, 03:35:23 PM »
Interesting. I like the sound of that a lot. I don't recall ever seeing something quite like that in a fighting game. It also seems to be implying that some of her attacks get weaker the less energy she has left, but again that could be me misreading the near nonsense that came out of my translator.

Actually it implies that she can't use some of her attacks if she lacks energy for them. Let alone reduced power.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #965 on: May 20, 2013, 03:35:23 PM »
This was posted at 11:58AM in Japan. Unabara said on twitter he overslept. O RLY?

Need translations? This one isn't hard, but typing on a phone is painful.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #966 on: May 20, 2013, 03:39:05 PM »
Energy fills up at the start of the next round. Or that is what the description implies.
Some weapons weaken when she doesn't have enough energy. (I think it's a on/off thing, instead of gradual)
Some weapons are rendered unusable.

便利屋, is this thing exclusive to Japan or something?
Signature

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #967 on: May 20, 2013, 03:39:57 PM »
Suddenly Nitori! That's a nice surprise.

She's most likely in the "FOR SCIENCE!" faction or something like that.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #968 on: May 20, 2013, 03:41:26 PM »
Energy fills up at the start of the next round. Or that is what the description implies.

便利屋, is this thing exclusive to Japan or something?

回復しない means it doesn't recover

便利屋 is basically a service for home management, appliances, etc. Utilities? Something like that.

It has been stated earlier, basically there are some kappa who do not like religion. We can only assume Nitori is part of that group because otherwise it wouldn't have been mentioned

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #969 on: May 20, 2013, 03:42:00 PM »
I think the closest thing I can think of relating to that would be Bang Shishigami from BlazBlue, who has limited amough of nails he can use.  Where I doubt I would use Nitori, I think this is interesting, having either option to use her energy sparingly (Bang can use nails to throw "kunais" or create bumpers to bounce off, each costing only one nail normally ) or if in a pinch, just unleashe all the energy you have for a lot of damage (Bang can use all of his nails to create a rain of nails for a lot of hits and damage).

Right, although Bang's stock resets every round. Maybe Nitori's does too and I'm misreading so far. I wonder if Nitori will also have an attack that empties her entire remaining stock for big damage like Bang does?

Actually it implies that she can't use some of her attacks if she lacks energy for them. Let alone reduced power.

Right, it seems clear that you can't use what you can't pay for, but I'm not clear on if the actual strength of the attacks is supposed to be effected as well.

Between Futo growing in strength over time, Nitori eventually becoming unable to use certain attacks/possible gradually getting weaker, and Miko's power level potentially fluctuating significantly, this game could have some bizarre matchups and interactions. Looking forward more and more to seeing how it all fits together. It's shaping up to be quite a complex game.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #970 on: May 20, 2013, 03:42:22 PM »

pls rikako pls rikako pls rikako etc

this is a legit surprise all the same; I was going to put my money on Sanae + Kanako as Moriya/MoF representatives... y'know, if indeed she's allied with the Moriya and not just out to prove SCIENCE

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #971 on: May 20, 2013, 03:43:32 PM »

Oh look, that is all of the Moriyas in the background there  :derp:

I'm curious if Nitori's backpack will count as part of her hitbox, because it effectively doubles her sprite-size.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #972 on: May 20, 2013, 03:43:40 PM »
New screen.

Suwako, Kanako and Sanae in the background!?

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #973 on: May 20, 2013, 03:44:59 PM »
New screen.

Suwako, Kanako and Sanae in the background!?

Are those in the water generic kappa? Also, I see someone sneaky taking pictures. :D

Formless God

« Reply #974 on: May 20, 2013, 03:45:55 PM »
So the cape changes colors?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #975 on: May 20, 2013, 03:46:44 PM »
I am pleased by this development.

Though Snake's Brawl super wasn't the first thing I thought of. Anyone remember that one bonus level in Krack-Shot Kroc from Donkey Kong Country 3?

EDIT: Oh snap, background Moriyas. (And MORE CAPE  :*)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #976 on: May 20, 2013, 03:46:50 PM »
Mother of Amaterasu... So who is guessing that Hina will appear, since Aki Sisters are also in the background, with few kappas? :v:

And I must admit, frog jump carpet-jumping looks so silly and yet awesome at the same time.

EDIT:
We discussed about this already. Miko's cape changes colors depending on how popular she is. Also, third power icon with Miko, with the "neutral" Gaijin 4Koma picture
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:49:26 PM by ToyoRai »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #977 on: May 20, 2013, 03:47:35 PM »
Are those in the water generic kappa?

They look like they have flat green hats... GENERIC ZUNS!

Also, is that Kanako's hair in the lower left corner?

Sanae's presence in the background is a real surprise. It seems like a real curveball to not have her in the game. Not that I mind, I would rather have almost anyone else, but she seemed to fit. And if Kanako is out as well I'll be genuinely shocked.

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
« Reply #978 on: May 20, 2013, 03:47:57 PM »
The cape also doubles as a fame meter (red = GOOD!; purple = normal; blue(?) = bad)

« Reply #979 on: May 20, 2013, 03:48:03 PM »
So it is official now? Moriya shrine has lost the religious war...
Anyway, I didn't even dream about Nitori being a playable character ever so this is pleasant surprise.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #980 on: May 20, 2013, 03:49:06 PM »
I can already see the cape color-changing becoming a nice gimmick for fanfiction/fanart as well :V

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #981 on: May 20, 2013, 03:50:19 PM »
And there's Aya in the back.

DSveno

• Oujo-sama's faithful servant
« Reply #982 on: May 20, 2013, 03:53:01 PM »
People, science is a religious in its own. Let science joins the war.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #983 on: May 20, 2013, 03:56:33 PM »
commandercool's rule number one of fighting games is "main the robot". Since there don't seem to be any robots in the running (pending Hisoutensoku :derp:), robo arms is the next best thing. I assume robo arms will feature into Nitori's moveset at least a little, and hopefully fairly heavily.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #984 on: May 20, 2013, 03:57:37 PM »
Hina isn't there...  I suspect something...

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #985 on: May 20, 2013, 03:58:46 PM »
Wa!? Nitori!? Awesome!!!

I honestly didn't expected her to appear here, but if you consider that she was stated to appear in Hisoutensoku....

Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

« Reply #986 on: May 20, 2013, 04:00:09 PM »
Yay for Nitori appearance! Makes me happy. And her art looks so hot. Byak and Miko too. I guess this is gonna be a pretty fun fighter afterall :3

« Reply #987 on: May 20, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »
I BARELY see Kanako's head there... and her not being in would surprise me.

Have they confirmed that if you are in a background you won't be playable? I mean, other fighting games have characters in the background and still playable(Aquapazza, MvC3, Skullgirls(when Big band is out))

Formless God

« Reply #988 on: May 20, 2013, 04:01:46 PM »
Photon Torpedo
who star trek here

Yay for Nitori appearance! Makes me happy. And her art looks so hot. Byak and Miko too. I guess this is gonna be a pretty fun fighter afterall :3
Keep the new characters coming. I'm getting more hopeful with every update :V

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #989 on: May 20, 2013, 04:03:09 PM »
BTW, to you people who say some kappas hate religion, where has that been stated? I haven't found anything what has said that myself.