Author Topic: General IaMP/SWR/Hisotensoku Thread  (Read 147409 times)

Re: General IaMP/SWR/Hisotensoku Thread
« Reply #990 on: April 16, 2011, 10:48:18 PM »
what
TBH, the monsoon combo is a lot harder than it looks.  If you don't time a j.623C correctly, the next 623B will fail.

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #991 on: April 17, 2011, 02:47:50 AM »
Just level 4 623?
Ow :D

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #992 on: April 17, 2011, 08:57:59 AM »
How should I practice Border Escape?
Signature

« Reply #993 on: April 18, 2011, 02:28:04 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/hitenroku1 <== Japanese Soku tourney. Watch, learn, love. It's really recent too, and features most of the cast... though it's missing a few I'm sure people would be more interested in (Suwako, Marisa...)

How to practice BEs
- lunatic AI
- let them hit you
- ????
- MASH THAT DASH BUTTON YOU SICK BASTARD MASH UNTIL IT FLIES OFF AND YOU HAVE TO SWITCH TO T OR SOMETHING

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #994 on: April 18, 2011, 02:36:43 PM »
If you really want to practice BE'ing, you'll need someone who knows their way around pressure, at least. Luna AI is rather bad for practice, and practice mode doesn't give you options for dummy attacks.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #995 on: April 18, 2011, 10:50:19 PM »
He asked how to BE, not how to do it well. Therefore, just practicing the inputs and getting a hang of which direction to go in is better for him than just doing stuff willy nilly. Figuring out how to do something well comes after figuring out how to do something at all.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUe8EbNTsyk

A video on how to BE properly.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 12:05:21 AM by xxstrollpride »

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #996 on: April 20, 2011, 10:20:04 PM »
I just realized how bad Aya got nerfed.  CIRNO can outdamage her, and very easily >_>

« Reply #997 on: April 20, 2011, 10:31:28 PM »
I just realized how bad Aya got nerfed.  CIRNO can outdamage her, and very easily >_>
Relevant.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #998 on: April 20, 2011, 10:43:09 PM »
No video but also relevant.
Cirno - 5AAA (3 hits) 5B 5C 623B sword - 2860 with level 1 sword.
Aya - 5AAA 5B 6C 214BC [Sarutahiko's Guidance] - 2543 damage with level 1 domination dash

« Reply #999 on: April 21, 2011, 01:05:32 AM »
Damage isn't the only thing to a character. Then again, if you use Tenco stats to gather tier data, Utsuho is second from the top.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xxsaznpride?feature=mhum <== watch this.

« Reply #1000 on: April 21, 2011, 01:08:11 AM »
Damage isn't the only thing to a character.
Certainly not, but it's still depressing to see how far she's fallen.

Though, SWR Aya was obviously way too good.

Though, SWR sucked anyway, so. :derp:

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #1001 on: April 21, 2011, 01:17:37 AM »
Certainly not, but it's still depressing to see how far she's fallen.

Basically, this.  She's got a ton of potential to be a great character, but has to work too hard for damage that isn't even that spectacular.   Obviously on the other end of the spectrum, Okuu and Suika, two of the heaviest hitters, are only two tiers higher, and Sakuya, who's damage output is almost as bad, and Reisen, a tier below top, not much better. 

No but seriously, that nerf bat struck hard.

« Reply #1002 on: April 21, 2011, 07:06:50 AM »
Using the characters you mentioned....

Sakuya
Reisen
Aya
Suika
Okuu

Aya's still mid-high or so. She's not bad at all. And no, Sakuya's damage output is plenty good. Any better and she's just be broken. I don't think you appreciate how stupidly easy it is to get damage with Sakuya. All you need is a half-assed okizeme game and you've suddenly got multple guard crushes and free knives. That bitch doesn't even need skill cards in her decks to win.

----

@Sungho: that other video I uploaded, the one with the Yuyuko and Iku, has a breakdown of why BEs happened. I hope that helps you out. I'd say it's a bit too advanced for someone just learning to BE, though. The only things to really keep in mind when doing it are a) "Do you think your opponent is going to use a melee move after the one you're BEing?", and b) "is it worth it?" Honestly, if you're questioning this, you're probably not at a level where BEing is worth it at all as your opponent probably won't be able to capitalize on an orb being gone (hell, they might just play a character with shitty pressure and end up the same). Also, if you ARE playing against other people, I'd say to focus on using BEs defensively at first, just because that's how I learned to do them. Though it's really up to you in the end.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #1003 on: April 21, 2011, 08:18:24 AM »
I was using the tier list on Koumakan, so I'm probably way out of date.  And I agree that Sakuya's balanced as is - freaking beyatch is cheap.
Komachi is way too much fun to play sometimes.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #1004 on: April 21, 2011, 11:41:22 AM »
Sakuya = knives spam all day long :V

Also, I'm okay with Aya's low damage. Her speed and nice pressure/easy to learn combos balances it out. Before she was broken because she had decent - high damage to go with it.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #1005 on: April 21, 2011, 12:33:59 PM »
I just want Tengu's Taiko to graze again. Is that really too much to ask?

RoyKr

• Gay for Wriggle
« Reply #1006 on: April 21, 2011, 06:36:47 PM »
Question.

Is it possible for the AI to somehow make use of your hardware to become smarter? I know it sounds ridiculous but whenever i play at school the AI is really slow, stupid, doesn't block properly, etc. and when i play at home, it's fast, responds quickly to my moves, blocks much better and all that good stuff. They're both patched to the same version.

By the way, is there some effective way of doing guard crush with Sakuya if your opponent has full spirit orbs and just stands in a corner and blocks? Unlike most characters, she doesn't seem to have any 1-hit crush attacks, and her down+melee attack doesn't really do much spirit damage and if i use knives to break their guard, i'll be drained as well.

Youmu on the other hand is a fearsome guard crusher.

My preference in characters has only changed slightly in the 6 months i've been away from the board. Sakuya is still my first choice and Meiling has made it to second.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:45:02 PM by RoyKr »

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #1007 on: April 21, 2011, 11:12:50 PM »
Sakuya can use a mix of her 6[A], and if I recall correctly, 3[A] plus knife pressure to guard crush.

Also, Sakuya's got easy guardcrushes left and right if you know what spell cards to pack

« Reply #1008 on: April 22, 2011, 12:29:35 AM »
Somebody make a new thread.