Author Topic: General IaMP/SWR/Hisotensoku Thread  (Read 149149 times)

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
Re: General IaMP/SWR/Hisotensoku Thread
« Reply #960 on: March 22, 2011, 04:43:36 AM »
That combo is impossible for me and I've been playing Suika since forever.

It's super-duper situational since it's character specific, and the other person has to be a certain distance from the corner so that they wallbounce the right distance, and they'd probably end up teching anyways.

That being said, I'd probably much rather do 5AA 623C firepunch j.5A j.6A j.6B, which is probably just as easy, way more practical,and more damaging.
Well, more easy except 623, which I fail at.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #961 on: March 23, 2011, 02:42:39 AM »
I'm completely bored and decide to do some Vs COM matches with Aya.

In this one fight with Alice I get Tengu's Drum early.

Hilarity Ensues

Sure, it's nothing much of a replay, just me spamming Tengu's Drum, but there's 3 spellcard combos that are really cool-looking, specially the last 2.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #962 on: March 23, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »
Tengu's Taiko is the only thing keeping me from dropping Aya entirely.

« Reply #963 on: March 28, 2011, 08:11:53 AM »
Here is a random recording of a game I had with a friend.
He plays Youmu exclusively and I juggle a few too many characters. Nonetheless, I often get destroyed, as you may see in the first round.
I like to think i'm slightly above average, but I'd like to know a few ways in which we could improve. Ways bar "Stop getting Dial-A'd" and "Learn a damn combo, Youmu".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y35lYiJc8qc

« Reply #964 on: March 28, 2011, 05:26:03 PM »
Here is a random recording of a game I had with a friend.
He plays Youmu exclusively and I juggle a few too many characters. Nonetheless, I often get destroyed, as you may see in the first round.
I like to think i'm slightly above average, but I'd like to know a few ways in which we could improve. Ways bar "Stop getting Dial-A'd" and "Learn a damn combo, Youmu".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y35lYiJc8qc
Relevant.

Also, C dolls are extremely important when using Alice.  Use that in conjunction with her default 214B/C for oki and you should be able to manage somewhat.  In that particular replay you posted, both players were just mashing buttons as far as I could tell.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #965 on: March 28, 2011, 05:34:03 PM »
Relevant.

Also, C dolls are extremely important when using Alice.  Use that in conjunction with her default 214B/C for oki and you should be able to manage somewhat.  In that particular replay you posted, both players were just mashing buttons as far as I could tell.

This, really.  C doll cover fire is what sets Alice apart from everyone else.  Her B Dolls aren't too useful outside of certain combos. 
default 214B/C and default 236 are key parts of oki, and personally, I find aggressively flying around against Youmu with Alice is suicide.

Beef Owl

• Why yes, owls do yield beef:
  • It is known as The Strongest White Meat
« Reply #966 on: April 03, 2011, 12:53:27 PM »
Relevant.

Oh, damn, this is perfect. A friend of mine exclusively plays Youmu and Sakuya and Sakuya just eats everything with her knives so she's fine but he was complaining at how he was at a loss for keeping up combos and pressure for Youmu against me. Even on netplay have I never Youmu move like that O.O I'm keeping this video for future reference
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:15:11 PM by Beef Owl »

« Reply #967 on: April 04, 2011, 01:58:25 AM »
Sorry for the wall of text, but I've at least gone from n00b to casual player since the last time I posted :D Hopefully I can get advice from some if the more experienced people on hear.

But anyway I'm looking for advice on making my Remilia better in Hisoutensoku. I know basic combos and have decent pressure in the corner. My approaching is ok as well. What I really need is help with block strings and midscreen pressure. For example, if my 5A connects and they didn't block, I just finish the dial-A midscreen. Is this right or is there something I can do to get more damage out of it?

When my 5A is blocked midscreen, what can I do to keep up the pressure? Finishing the Dial-A and getting punished doesn't seem very good and Remilia has no high-low mix up besides 3A. I really need some tips here because I know my midscreen pressure is weak and I'm doing it wrong lol. The only thing I've though of mix-up wise after a blocked 5A is using the Devil Trickster Alt, but I hate getting rid of her default 236 since it grazes.

And I also have trouble knowing how to keep the pressure on if an opponent blocks a C bullets midscreen without going up to them and Dial-Aing and getting punished. Basically once I get them into a corner my pressure is ok, but my midscreen pressure is so bleh =/

And one last question lol. I've seen some of the pro Remilia's on YouTube use that system card that heals, but I don't see the point. Almost any match I win after using the system card, I would've won anyway. Is there not much of a point in using it or am I missing something?

TL;DR my Remilia needs some work and I'd appreciate answers to any of my questions and general advice. Just trying to expand my knowledge of the game ;)

« Reply #968 on: April 04, 2011, 09:39:44 PM »
Giant Suika Horn is the best Oki move in the entire game :3

« Reply #969 on: April 04, 2011, 09:48:30 PM »
Giant Suika Horn is the best Oki move in the entire game :3c
I wholeheartedly agree.

« Reply #970 on: April 06, 2011, 08:30:29 AM »
Suika's horn is unblockable, but Okuu's backdash invulnerability easily trumps it. The problem there is that she's also REALLY open to punishment after 15 frames or whatever, especially against Suika's girth. It's really dependant on who you're against though. I remember from Danmaku Action 7th that a Marisa was corned by Suika and would backdash the punches instead of eating chip damage. It was pretty amazing, but I can't remember who the players in that were.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I've at least gone from n00b to casual player since the last time I posted :D Hopefully I can get advice from some if the more experienced people on hear.

But anyway I'm looking for advice on making my Remilia better in Hisoutensoku. I know basic combos and have decent pressure in the corner. My approaching is ok as well. What I really need is help with block strings and midscreen pressure. For example, if my 5A connects and they didn't block, I just finish the dial-A midscreen. Is this right or is there something I can do to get more damage out of it?

When my 5A is blocked midscreen, what can I do to keep up the pressure? Finishing the Dial-A and getting punished doesn't seem very good and Remilia has no high-low mix up besides 3A. I really need some tips here because I know my midscreen pressure is weak and I'm doing it wrong lol. The only thing I've though of mix-up wise after a blocked 5A is using the Devil Trickster Alt, but I hate getting rid of her default 236 since it grazes.

And I also have trouble knowing how to keep the pressure on if an opponent blocks a C bullets midscreen without going up to them and Dial-Aing and getting punished. Basically once I get them into a corner my pressure is ok, but my midscreen pressure is so bleh =/

And one last question lol. I've seen some of the pro Remilia's on YouTube use that system card that heals, but I don't see the point. Almost any match I win after using the system card, I would've won anyway. Is there not much of a point in using it or am I missing something?

TL;DR my Remilia needs some work and I'd appreciate answers to any of my questions and general advice. Just trying to expand my knowledge of the game ;)

Not a Remilia player. Have this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRa82x_gNdc&feature=channel_video_title

« Reply #971 on: April 07, 2011, 03:40:11 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sqeMtL6GCU&feature=channel_video_title

More Remilia. This one was MAD hype when I found it.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #972 on: April 07, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »
I swear I need a way to netplay this.  I went up against Lunatic Iku.  Guardcrushed her twice due to chickenblocking.  j.2A Lunatic Red Eyes [GC + 2k damage] (she techs) j.2A j.2B j.2C 66 j.5A j.6A j.6[C] land 6C.  Note that this really isn't possible on a human because humans would probably end up not chickenblocking that entire sequence.

« Reply #973 on: April 07, 2011, 10:08:21 PM »
Airteching is pretty useless in this game considering how when you can airtech you also can't get hit anymore ::)

« Reply #974 on: April 08, 2011, 04:07:37 AM »
Just like anything in any game, airteching has times where you use it and times where you don't. The AI, being completely buttfucking stupid, don't know any better.

Fair times to airtech include but are not limited to:
- being hit in the air while the weather is DDust
- if your opponent sucks at punishing and mistimes something or other
- you're far enough that teching is safe but not teching allows the opponent to okizeme

.....don't play this game. Can't think of anymore. Pff.

« Reply #975 on: April 08, 2011, 06:45:38 AM »
...I feel dumb for asking but I havn't managed to figure it out...
Whats an Oki? I'm competent at playing Soku (Meiling main), but honestly it took me forever to figure out that something like "236" was referring to directions on the number pad.

« Reply #976 on: April 08, 2011, 04:14:43 PM »
It's using an attack (usually with a lot of hitframes) on a downed opponent to limited thier options when they wake up. For example if I knock someone down and as they get up I use a bullet attack right on top of them, they are forced to either block or graze on wakeup, allowing you to continue your assault.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #977 on: April 09, 2011, 09:47:40 AM »
Here's a more specific example:
I (as Patchuoli), knock down opponent Reisen.
I use Patchy's standard 421 crystals on top of Reisen.  That way, she's forced to either roll, graze or block immediately.  From there, I set up default 22 water pillar.  If I use the right version, she ends up rolling straight into it and I can immediately begin locking her down, or if I read incorrectly, I can probably shift to the defensive in time if needed.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #978 on: April 09, 2011, 03:42:29 PM »
How should I play Komachi Onozuka?
Signature

« Reply #979 on: April 09, 2011, 03:54:54 PM »
How should I play Komachi Onozuka?
A picture's worth a thousand words.

A video's worth a lot more than that.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #980 on: April 09, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
Suika's horn is unblockable
WHAT
ok, i must try and abuse this move.

« Reply #981 on: April 10, 2011, 12:51:33 AM »
If anyone wants a decent damage corner combo for Reimu, but can't be arsed to pull off some of the more complex strings, you can use this one:

j.66 j.5A 5AAAA 6A 623C for 2.6k.

I still can't figure out how to use Reisen's alt.236 (the one where it shoots and rains bullets overhead) properly, if it even has a proper use.

« Reply #982 on: April 10, 2011, 01:11:37 AM »
I still can't figure out how to use Reisen's alt.236 (the one where it shoots and rains bullets overhead) properly, if it even has a proper use.
Used to be great in SWR for crush strings, since the initial bullet would hit for massive damage and/or four spirit orbs point-blank.

That functionality got removed in Soku though, massively reducing its effectiveness.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #983 on: April 10, 2011, 02:19:57 AM »
If anyone wants a decent damage corner combo for Reimu, but can't be arsed to pull off some of the more complex strings, you can use this one:

j.66 j.5A 5AAAA 6A 623C for 2.6k.

Actually you can improve that

j.5A 5AAAA 6A 2C 623C

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #984 on: April 11, 2011, 02:54:32 AM »
So I just realized Suwako's probably got the third strongest Dial-A in the game.  Yeah.  Outside of 5AAAA 214C I really don't know what I can do after that. 

EDIT:
Oh, and Patchy really can't do much for strong air combos, can she? 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:41:59 AM by NEETori »

« Reply #985 on: April 15, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »
So I just realized Suwako's probably got the third strongest Dial-A in the game.  Yeah.  Outside of 5AAAA 214C I really don't know what I can do after that. 

EDIT:

Dial A isn't really worth using with her. For most people, actually.  At least in my... research. "Research".There's usually some solid combo -> blockstring/pressure transition you can use instead that's likely to net you more damage. This does of course assume that your opponent doesn't poke out or BE or successfully HJ out or anything. By solid, I just mean good, of course.

As for Patchouli, I can't think of any air combos that are both powerful and practical for her... She's more of one to punish bad movements and slow reactions/reads and such with how big her melees are and how much coverage you get with her bullets.

« Reply #986 on: April 15, 2011, 08:50:40 PM »
EDIT:
I think the best air-to-air combo Patch has is jA j8A j2 j6C.  Don't remember if you can tack on an alt623 windball or noachian deluge onto that or not, it's been awhile since I've played.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #987 on: April 16, 2011, 03:55:05 AM »
Dial A isn't really worth using with her. For most people, actually.  At least in my... research. "Research".There's usually some solid combo -> blockstring/pressure transition you can use instead that's likely to net you more damage. This does of course assume that your opponent doesn't poke out or BE or successfully HJ out or anything. By solid, I just mean good, of course.

As for Patchouli, I can't think of any air combos that are both powerful and practical for her... She's more of one to punish bad movements and slow reactions/reads and such with how big her melees are and how much coverage you get with her bullets.

More than anything, it's I fail at using Suwako's flutterkick -> B bullet combos.  I generally end up doing something like 5AAA 623 ring and going "Now what?".  But yeah, Dial-A isn't worth it except for spell cards or if the character has really no better choice or options (Sanae, IIRC, has a tough time chaining bullets into her combos from melee). 

On Patchouli, I agree, but sometimes it's kind of a waste when you can't capitalize very well on a bad move when your opponent is in the air.
I think the best air-to-air combo Patch has is jA j8A j2 j6C.  Don't remember if you can tack on an alt623 windball or noachian deluge onto that or not, it's been awhile since I've played.

I had trouble landing the j.8A after j.5A, but I did something similar, using j.5A j.6A j.5B j.6C.  It's... average unless you tack the Noachian Deluge at the end.

« Reply #988 on: April 16, 2011, 05:36:30 AM »
I just spent two hours trying to pull off that 3k Sakuya combo listed on the wiki.  I think I gave up after 80 tries or so and just settled for a crappier version of it.  Yeah, you can tell I'm bored.  :T

Edit: HURRRRRRRRR
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:47:53 PM by Commissar Lord ボガス »

« Reply #989 on: April 16, 2011, 05:39:53 PM »
I just spent two hours trying to pull off that 3k Sakuya combo listed on the wiki.  I think I gave up after 80 tries or so and just settled for a crappier version of it.  Yeah, you can tell I'm bored.  :T

Edit: HURRRRRRRRR
what