Author Topic: Touhou AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH thread #5  (Read 128124 times)

Re: Touhou AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH thread #5
« Reply #990 on: February 19, 2010, 07:54:32 AM »
I lost count of the times I died in SA stage 5

Why is the second half of the stage easier than the first half?

Formless God

« Reply #991 on: February 19, 2010, 07:57:32 AM »
... Micrododging popcorn danmaku is easier than standing still ? And screw Orin.

« Reply #992 on: February 19, 2010, 08:05:07 AM »
the popcorn sequence can be weaved.

and it's the part after the popcorn that gets me.

Bananamatic

« Reply #993 on: February 19, 2010, 12:38:01 PM »
rank is good until it is PoFV

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #994 on: February 19, 2010, 03:48:11 PM »
THERE'S RANK IN THE OTHER GAMES AS WELL?

brb uninstalling
Btw the "they're doing well, lemme fix that for you" is the best description i've ever seen.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #995 on: February 19, 2010, 04:58:55 PM »
I'm doing awesome!  :)
So, let's screw everything up!

Lost EVERY SINGLE of my lives on PoDD's decisive match.
Yes, all five.  :X

« Reply #996 on: February 19, 2010, 05:26:04 PM »
Three 1DNB runs of MoF stage 3. I hate Hydro Camouflage.  >:(

Also, on a seperate run I was about to capture it then died, and the deathwave finished the card.

« Reply #997 on: February 19, 2010, 11:50:03 PM »
Nyahahahahahaha! I just died twice to green UFO's. Then once to Undefined Darkness. Then to Nightmare of Heiankyou.

Now, now... i generally think this is a pretty good extra stage and most of it is really well designed. As things would have it though... i'm from Denmark which means that i'm a frickin' Viking and it lies within my instincts to react as i will it.

Thi most people are prudent and intelligent players who would just blame their own bad luck, such intelligence is not available to the barbaric nature of my landspeople. So instead of tolerance and respect, i shall respond in agony and hatred as i journey to Japan this summer, equipped with a 5 foot Battle Axe to kill Zun himself four times as well.

Touhou 13 will never exist. :)

Bananamatic

« Reply #998 on: February 20, 2010, 12:44:06 AM »
Undefined Darkness
stream
down
don't
retreat

« Reply #999 on: February 20, 2010, 12:56:36 AM »
stream
down
don't
retreat

Yes, i know that :)

Things just get a little too much harder when you have 2xx power, play sitting on a bed with your laptop resting on your legs while your friend is telling jokes. I'm not actually mad really but i just swore that ZUN's life was to be concluded if i didn't clear it. Nothing serious of course.

« Reply #1000 on: February 20, 2010, 01:23:19 AM »
I'm glad Moses's Miracle killed me. Otherwise my perfect run of Stage 5 Lunatic would have been ruined by dying as Night with Overly Bright Guest Stars was clearing.

Bananamatic

« Reply #1001 on: February 20, 2010, 01:47:00 AM »
Yes, i know that :)

Things just get a little too much harder when you have 2xx power, play sitting on a bed with your laptop resting on your legs while your friend is telling jokes. I'm not actually mad really but i just swore that ZUN's life was to be concluded if i didn't clear it. Nothing serious of course.
Unleash the viking rage at your friend.
then perfect extra

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #1002 on: February 20, 2010, 02:09:12 AM »
I tried some more pc-98 Touhou, I swear. I can play games with outdated graphics fine, but Touhou with those graphics just makes my eyes bleed. I just can't do it. It literally is straining to read fast bullet patterns that way. I OFTEN get killed by relatively simple attacks involving fast moving bullets that I see coming, but am unable to really comprehend the trajectory of. It's hard to explain.

« Reply #1003 on: February 20, 2010, 06:21:28 PM »
Unleash the viking rage at your friend.
then perfect extra

We Vikings don't slaugther our fellow Vikings. And perfecting extra stages is something that won't happen unless it just happens due to random play. Extra bosses are long after all and i don't like to fail at the end just to replay those 10 minutes all over again without failure.

And it would probably be limited to perfecting the boss only... stage portions aren't too interesting after all.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #1004 on: February 20, 2010, 07:10:26 PM »
Nyahahahahahaha! I just died twice to green UFO's. Then once to Undefined Darkness. Then to Nightmare of Heiankyou.

Now, now... i generally think this is a pretty good extra stage and most of it is really well designed.
Until the parts you mentioned.  Except you forgot Rainbow UFOs.

« Reply #1005 on: February 20, 2010, 08:15:55 PM »
Trying to 1cc UFO hard, and I made it to stage 5 with 6 lives. Quite a bit more than I ever have managed to do so before. And then proceed to play inconceivably poorly. I died once before the midboss. Then TWICE to Ultimate Treasure. Then once almost immediately after the midboss. Then once to Radiant Treasure Gun, then twice to the following non-spell. During this entire period, I think I bombed ONCE, if that. Gah.... T.T (was actually visibly fuming after this, which is unusual for me)

« Reply #1006 on: February 20, 2010, 08:22:43 PM »
Why am I dying to Falling Leaves of Madness and Minoriko's first 2 attacks? I'm actually somewhat decent at the near instant lasers card now.

I've only gotten past stage one twice today, one just to die as Exiled Doll was clearing and the other cause I got hit on Broken Charm of Protection.

Also, I wish stage 4 didn't exist. Or that it had a fairer boss than Aya. Her opener is usually fine but sometimes she moves wrong and it's an autobomb. Saruta Cross is fine if I enter Aya with full power, which wouldn't be likely since if I need to bomb, I'd get the power back after. You can't consistently safespot Storm Day sadly, so that's 1 or 2 bombs, which you don't get the full power back on. The nonspell after is usually an autobomb. Peerless Wind God is one or 2 bombs. Terukuni Throughout the World requires 2 bombs minimum for me.

Aya's bullshit spellcards are the reason I have almost no chance of pulling a 1LC. Ya, I could probably die in stage 1 or 2 and still 1cc but that just looks bad. If it weren't for her unfairness, it would just be a matter of not messing up the other stages. I have done the first 3 no deaths in previous attempts. I have done 1DNB runs of stage 5, and stage 6 could have been done ND if I wasn't trying to capture VoWG. It'd just be a matter of not fucking it up. But no, Aya has to exist who is BS in every game she's in except SA where she's on your side(not counting fighters, I haven't played those).

ebarrett

« Reply #1007 on: February 20, 2010, 08:28:56 PM »
I'd get the power back after. You can't consistently safespot Storm Day sadly, so that's 1 or 2 bombs, which you don't get the full power back on. The nonspell after is usually an autobomb. Peerless Wind God is one or 2 bombs. Terukuni Throughout the World requires 2 bombs minimum for me.
Stop using homing Reimu. Now. Also stop safespotting stuff, you worry about "looking bad" and you want safespots?

Aya's bullshit spellcards are the reason I have almost no chance of pulling a 1LC. Ya, I could probably die in stage 1 or 2 and still 1cc but that just looks bad.
You obviously mean a 1cc. Either that or you're nuts. Either way: bomb everything and win first, worry about "pretty" runs later.

Wasn't this thread supposed to have been locked a while ago?

« Reply #1008 on: February 20, 2010, 08:31:09 PM »
I use ReimuB. I just completely suck at the card and it's the only one on MoF Lunatic I have yet to capture(Terukuni). Storm Day is only 1 capture out of over 70 tries.

Yes, I know to 1cc first and come back later. I just have how to 1LC planned out pretty much and Aya's the only issue outside of consistency.

Edit: Major derping again. Game overed on VoWG. I'll get this 1cc today.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:42:50 PM by Enigma »

« Reply #1009 on: February 20, 2010, 10:15:28 PM »
Until the parts you mentioned.  Except you forgot Rainbow UFOs.

What's with that spell? That have always been incredibly easy to do for me. In the run that made me want to give ZUN what we call a "roephel" i captured it at 1xx power no-problem.

« Reply #1010 on: February 20, 2010, 11:32:54 PM »
Died 3 times to Virtue of Wind God again. One of them with 4 bombs in stock. Why am I derping on this thing now?

I could consistently do it with 0-2 deaths(with bombs) before I tried 1ccing.

At least my score is getting better every run at the moment. I'm now just a bit over 369,000,000 but I should have had this thing already.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #1011 on: February 21, 2010, 12:19:34 AM »
What is with you people?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson