Author Topic: Touhou AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH thread #5  (Read 128118 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Touhou AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH thread #5
« on: December 21, 2009, 11:41:04 PM »

AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Re: Touhou AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH thread #5
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 12:48:27 AM »
I tried a random run of UFO Lunatic. Died two times on Stage 2 and carried on for the hell of it. I then died at least three times on each of the next three stages, mostly with full bombs in stock and still made it a reasonable way through Shou.

I swear this game is purposefully trying to piss me off. @_@
Let's fight.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 01:28:32 AM »

AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH

colon vee

...EoSD Hard still frustrates me. At least I can hear Locked Girl before game-overing now.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 01:40:16 AM »

colon vee

...EoSD Hard still frustrates me. At least I can hear Locked Girl before game-overing now.
When did y...

AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 01:54:20 AM »
Not Touhou strictly, but is it possible to make a sloppy 2cc of Hibachi? :( Because if so, I did it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 02:32:13 AM »
-THE HELL?!

In order to get through Cirno without dying, I had to bomb four times, including twice on PERFECT FREEZE, but at lea-OH WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN I DIED AS DIAMOND BLIZZARD CLEARED

All right, all right, I'll keep going.  Get to midbo--WHAT THE HELL THAT WAS NOWHERE NEAR ME WHAT THE CRAP

OK, fine, two bombs lost, midboss China's ope--OH SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL IS THIS

Two more bombs lost, I don't know why I haven't ragequ--ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN MIND WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST HIT

...then I ragequit.

That was the best run of the day.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 02:55:20 AM »
Just had another 3 deaths to Yuka run game over on Reimu then another one end up at Shikieiki with a few million from the next extend while on my last life. That obviously didn't go well.

Edit: And I can't do the scoring method for Possessed by Phoenix phase 2. I either don't tap fast enough, or I tap too fast and get walled before the phase ends.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 03:22:22 AM by Enigma »

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 03:49:32 AM »
Utsuho's fixed star.
EVERY TIME
"Okay nuclear death balls orbiting, so good so far."
"Static yellow bullets, okay..."
"OH GOD WHAT WHY AM I SO DIZZY FROM THE INVERSE SPINS"
"Okay i'll just dodge the yello-"
*NUCLEAR BALL OF DEATH IMPACT*
"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU- how did I not see that coming?"

theshirn

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 04:09:11 AM »
I think I got hit once

so why did I just lose three times to Aya again

what

the

HELL

EDIT: oh ha ha ha I just lost to stage 5 Sakuya without getting hit once
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 04:17:57 AM by theshim »

nintendonut888

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 04:35:07 AM »
Maaaaan, I remember when LFO was one step away from being trivialized by me. I had the route ALL planned out, even captured it in my lunatic 1cc...

Man, whatever happened to that?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 04:59:20 AM »
There are few things more terrible than failing a perfect PCB Stage 3 Lunatic because you got boxed in by Chalk White Russian Dolls what the fuck

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 06:44:08 AM »
...Just thinking about UFO is enough to cause me to rage. I'm not even playing it right now, and just the THOUGHT of it ticks me off.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 06:45:46 AM »
Bucket Lasers...FREAKIN' BUCKET LASERS

nintendonut888

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 07:52:31 AM »
Wut.
There's a difference between luck and skill :V

I'm mostly just jasldfuoiewfjkdsljfsd-ing over the post-second midboss Alice portion of the stage, Hanged Hourai Dolls, and Benevolent French Dolls.
Benevolent is bullshit either way and completely luck-based for me at this point, but I feel like I should be much better at HHD and the stage portion just makes me cry :(

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 09:43:46 AM »
PCB Phantasm.

Why the fuck can't I clear this stage yet?  Seriously.  I just had a run where I captured all cards up to Butterfly Temple or whatever it's called - and that's a real oddity for me - and then I was dead before Boundary between Humans and Youkai ended.

I can nearly perfect the stage segment (A couple bombs are usually necessary) and can handle Yukari very well up to Butterfly Temple so AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 12:32:22 PM »
There are few things more terrible than failing a perfect PCB Stage 3 Lunatic because you got boxed in by Chalk White Russian Dolls what the fuck

IMO it's the hardest spell in the stage, so...  :P
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »
I. Can't. Beat. UFO. On normal.

Seriously? Do you need to do that to me? WHAT DID I DO TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, MURASA? *cries*

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 03:05:24 PM »
^

You can't beat it...

I can't even beat a simple umbrella..

this is a sad day...

mew77 has trouble beating an umbrella!!

What has the world come to!!

Correction...I finally beat kogasa on Easy mode!!!

Then brofists and lasers knock me down.

Then I try playing SA...

And wouldn't you know it, I actually beat parsee on easy mode!!

small YAY moment.

Stage 3 also known as, where the forks are them lasers coming from argh splat
Abbreviated as WTFATLCFAS.

Hey, if I say it enough times maybe it'll catch on.

WTFATLCFAS!!

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 03:18:09 PM »
Failed EoSD extra for the first time in ages, though primarily through me being in a rage and determined to capture QED or die trying after getting walled on THREE DIFFERENT CARDS and NOT BOMBING.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 03:24:33 PM »
Correction

Where the FORKS are them Bullets Coming from ARGH Splat boom

WTFATBCFASB

Catchy huh?

It was once said...Touhou is like standing in the rain except your umbrella has turned against you and is now shooting many colorful bullets at you. The rain is coming down in 7 colors, but you're not getting wet, you're dying.

KOGASA...You and your colorful cascades of confouding craziness are just...

ARGH words can't describe this frustration.

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 03:44:28 PM »
How many times is Mokou going to run into me while I'm trying to supergraze her opener? Most of my scorerunning attempts get ended when I don't perfect keine, and if they get past her, I never capture the death fairy. Thankfully I almost never lose a run to getting a bomb instead of a life. Then I keep messing up Mokou's opener because I can't graze it properly.

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 03:59:09 PM »
*gives mew a cookie* Well, I got killed by anchors. Anchors aren't even supposed to move. Umbrellas can move with the wind, anchors can't.

By the way, anybody has an easy way to survive through Kogasa's last spellcard? I did it once, but I can't do it anymore...yay for luck I guess.

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 04:20:26 PM »
The final card is static with the exception of the aimed shots, so you can memorize a path through it. I did almost mess up in this replay, but managed to successfully time the card out. Wish I could say the same for the other one I tried to time out. And I wasn't going to even try it on her first boss card.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6559

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2009, 04:25:30 PM »
Thanks for the cookie

I got nothing for ya..

Wait...I watched the replay of our skirmish.

It involved a frog nuke...

But really stick to the center at all times. The freaky attacks are to the sides, so just stick to the center.

More correction..that run wasn't on easy mode it was on normal

Strangely all the losses to kogasa have made her one of my favorite characters...the heterochroma probably has something to do with it. That and the year I lost an umbrella a month... I got them all back later...

YAY for me!

it's hard enough getting to Kogasa's last card, let alone trying to beat it.

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 06:22:46 PM »
Koishi's hearts. Quit killing me with your love damn it.

Finally made it past her second heart one just to game over on Genetics. I don't understand these spellcards.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2009, 06:35:51 PM »
Two things:

Everything in SA Extra after the final noncard. Srsly, without spell practice I doubt that I'll ever have a perfect Extra. Literally. I tried it again for fun and EVERYTHING UNTIL GENETICS WAS PERFECT. That means no scoring bombs as well.

And the second thing:

Random UFO Stage 5 Normal run. Perfect. Again. Except for GREEN LASERS MADE OUT OF FUCK!

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2009, 07:37:20 PM »
On the subject of UFO Normal stage 5 Perfect,

I just failed this 2 times in a row. Perfect everything until Demon of Purification where I die because I suck at that kind of spell. Vajra is mostly easy for me now.

nintendonut888

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »
*snaps fingers*

I think I know why you all hate UFO so much! Because you're all convinced that Sanae B is the best shot type. I just tried a whole bunch of times and I have a harder time getting through stage 3 with Sanae B on hard than I do Reimu A doing the same on lunatic.