Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!  (Read 211834 times)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
literally purrfect MoF Extra

didn't take very long, just needed to find a red frog route
only did this because suwako-sama

Nice ! I also need to get working on PCB Phantasm again soon.

Also that was probably just a simple joke, but keep in mind it isn't perfect, and never will be, remember that perfection always changes, so keep doing your best, you can always improve more !

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
Nice ! I also need to get working on PCB Phantasm again soon.

Also that was probably just a simple joke, but keep in mind it isn't perfect, and never will be, remember that perfection always changes, so keep doing your best, you can always improve more !

The 'literally purrfect' was a joke, haha. And yep, improvements are great! Good luck with Phantasm.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Thanks ! Good luck with your runs too, i still have much more of a long way to go.

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
But the whole point of playing touhou is to do perfect by not using any bombs or getting hit. You're a superplayer now zm! Now that you're done with touhou what are you going to play next?

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
idk fam
gotta get paid
gotta drink lemonade in the shade

Thanks ! Good luck with your runs too, i still have much more of a long way to go.

Pretty sure you'll reach any goal you have in a reasonable amount of time if you play as much as you can. :3

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
TD Lunnytic 1cc! :)

It didn't take particularly long to get once I started actually going for it seriously (instead of dallying around with other stuff), which is nice.

A rather silly run overall, but I'm happy with it.
Had my best run up until Seiga ever - a no miss run up until that point, with some lucky dodges at Yoshika and midboss Seiga. I am cursed, it seems, with bad Seiga fights in runs. This one wasn't hyper terrible (though I'm salty about failing Tao Taidou at the last second), luckily. I entered stage 5 with low power, but due to having it well routed everything went fine until Futo.

Where I proceeded to clip on her first nonspell then get myself walled by bad RNG on Sake Dishes. I managed to get enough spirits to trance the third card so the bomb to Sake Dishes didn't matter in the end, but I'm still salty about it and especially that clip death. Thank god it didn't cost me. It would've been a very good stage 5 if not for that death, instead it was a bad one.

Stage 6 went better than I had ever hoped for in a full run. Entered Miko 3/2, I still failed a lot of stuff out of nerves (such as second spell and spin spin spell because I've died to that like an idiot way to many times), but I had good runs of the first two attacks, captured Guze Flash, didn't do super terribly to the last two attacks and conserved my resources well. I was just expecting complete and total failure to Miko in my 1cc run. I'm bad at Miko, deal with it :V

Cleared 1/0, with 456,138,120 score.

(Also grats to ZM for dat perfect)

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
TD Lunnytic 1cc! :)

It didn't take particularly long to get once I started actually going for it seriously (instead of dallying around with other stuff), which is nice.

A rather silly run overall, but I'm happy with it.
Had my best run up until Seiga ever - a no miss run up until that point, with some lucky dodges at Yoshika and midboss Seiga. I am cursed, it seems, with bad Seiga fights in runs. This one wasn't hyper terrible (though I'm salty about failing Tao Taidou at the last second), luckily. I entered stage 5 with low power, but due to having it well routed everything went fine until Futo.

Where I proceeded to clip on her first nonspell then get myself walled by bad RNG on Sake Dishes. I managed to get enough spirits to trance the third card so the bomb to Sake Dishes didn't matter in the end, but I'm still salty about it and especially that clip death. Thank god it didn't cost me. It would've been a very good stage 5 if not for that death, instead it was a bad one.

Stage 6 went better than I had ever hoped for in a full run. Entered Miko 3/2, I still failed a lot of stuff out of nerves (such as second spell and spin spin spell because I've died to that like an idiot way to many times), but I had good runs of the first two attacks, captured Guze Flash, didn't do super terribly to the last two attacks and conserved my resources well. I was just expecting complete and total failure to Miko in my 1cc run. I'm bad at Miko, deal with it :V

Cleared 1/0, with 456,138,120 score.

(Also grats to ZM for dat perfect)

Congratulations again, and ty. ^^

Nolegs the Cat

Congratulations again, and ty. ^^

Thanks again, ZM.

... Also holy shit did I just 1-miss MoF Stage 6 lunatic  :getdown:

I managed to get through 80% of VoWG before dying!
I love ReimuB now ~

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
Kind of had no internet for more than a week since my wifi has a date attached to it, it is extended now, although the in the time I had no internet I did play Mystic Square for a bit.

I did a few runs in an hour of time in normal mode with Mima and I did get a 125m run rather fast, still working on getting that run uploaded, maybe I'll add some annotations. I'm kind of surprised how solid the run is for the duration I had to get used to normal, there were a few mistakes here and there; Yuki dying so fast was just saddening but other than that most things went really well. I might want to improve it sometime but for now I'm glad with that run.

I also did an easy run yesterday after a bit of practice, Easy is still foreign to me but I'm surprised that I got 73m in my first clear of easy even though I had 6 misses.. I'll work on improving my score in easy for a bit.

Also another thing to note is that I'm surprised how a few things that work on normal and above are seemingly either impossible or too dangerous to do on Easy, like the stage 5 midboss graze not being possible on easy (the one with the blue kunai waves) and Shinki's luckgraze actually becoming a luckgraze on easy... I'm wondering what the best is for that, try it and be cautious thus using bombs if you feel like it goes wrong? Or just leave it to be.. I'm not really sure what the best approach is, but I'm guessing being cautious and using bombs is the best that can be done since iirc you can get max dream value after the second pattern and the point items add up to the endbonus along with the graze.. So I guess it is kind of important.

Yes, I am aware that this post became more or less of a rant but I'm kind of used to that, oh well.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
Congratulations on the 125m.

Also another thing to note is that I'm surprised how a few things that work on normal and above are seemingly either impossible or too dangerous to do on Easy, like the stage 5 midboss graze not being possible on easy (the one with the blue kunai waves) and Shinki's luckgraze actually becoming a luckgraze on easy... I'm wondering what the best is for that, try it and be cautious thus using bombs if you feel like it goes wrong? Or just leave it to be.. I'm not really sure what the best approach is, but I'm guessing being cautious and using bombs is the best that can be done since iirc you can get max dream value after the second pattern and the point items add up to the endbonus along with the graze.. So I guess it is kind of important.
In contrast, grazing Yumeko's aimed knives is more feasible on Easy. Or are you doing that on Normal too already?

As for Shinki, bombing's an interesting idea, but can you see when it'll kill you early enough to bomb? I don't recall it being necessarily obvious. Also keep in mind you're giving up 250k (500k*0.5) from the clear bonus by using one or more bombs. Anyway, what about the strategy of not risking the luckgraze, and stalling out all the other patterns' invisible timers for graze? I wonder how much that's worth-- might not be enough for 999 on Easy.

The luckgraze and the invisible timers kind of discouraged me from MS scoring after reaching the scores where graze makes a significant impact (after survival and point item collection are sufficiently optimized).

Zigzagwolf

Congratulations on the 125m.
In contrast, grazing Yumeko's aimed knives is more feasible on Easy. Or are you doing that on Normal too already?

As for Shinki, bombing's an interesting idea, but can you see when it'll kill you early enough to bomb? I don't recall it being necessarily obvious. Also keep in mind you're giving up 250k (500k*0.5) from the clear bonus by using one or more bombs. Anyway, what about the strategy of not risking the luckgraze, and stalling out all the other patterns' invisible timers for graze? I wonder how much that's worth-- might not be enough for 999 on Easy.

The luckgraze and the invisible timers kind of discouraged me from MS scoring after reaching the scores where graze makes a significant impact (after survival and point item collection are sufficiently optimized).

Thank you, I am pretty glad with that run but I might want to improve the 125m run in the future too, I am certain that 130m+ is possible and I do believe I am capable of getting it, but am more interested in figuring out Easy as of now.

There is literally no point in grazing the aimed (arrowheads I think? They seem to be, kunai in the second one I guess.) in Normal mode, in Easy mode there is for the first phase, you can still do the third pattern graze that I generally use in both Easy and Normal which would end up giving you about 400 graze if you do that for 6 phases I think (along with the green lasers being grazed.) There is also the semifinal graze in Easy that can be done rather close to Yumeko for a few waves, makes getting max graze kind of simple in Easy. Trying to graze the arrowheads in Normal seems way too risky and is just not worth it, since getting max graze in normal is really easy too given you do a few midboss grazes and the third pattern grazes (you can probably still abuse Yumeko's semifinal a little bit, but not as good as you can do in Easy mode because it's faster and tighter.) It is simply an unwarranted risk given you'd get 999 graze with simpler grazes regardless, the graze I found on the third pattern really makes stage 5 grazing much easier and much more feasible. Granted, my estimation of the grazing spot in my normal run got me killed the second wave I grazed this (I wasn't close enough to Yumeko, you kind of want to have Mima's head on her dress I guess, to give a good example of what should be save.) On another note, that is definitely true that I do give up 250,000k per bomb, iirc NM and NB bonus was an additional 100k score too, but iirc graze and point items were used as a multiplier together for the stage clear bonus? So I think graze is actually really important too, of course it is a matter of taking a guess (I think that atleast using 1 bomb is still fine, I did have a miss or two against the luckgraze in my Easy run.. Which is arguably worse. I'm still enormously surprised that 73m is even possible with 6 misses, even moreso since one of the misses was against the stage 5 midboss and I could not regain max dream bonus during the spam so I lost out on a ton of score there.)

Rather large elaboration on stage 5 grazing there, I feel like only the second pattern graze (thus the arrowheads) are notably scary to graze given the aimed swords.

As for stage 6, 250,000k score less might still be a pretty friendly loss to consider in contrast to what max graze would give you in the end bonus, you'd still collect point items afterwards; can still get max dream bonus, it is definitely risky as you'd have to estimate when things are going to be wrong; you've gotten to bomb. It is kind of sad that Easy mode luckgraze is literally a luckgraze, takes away the joy of grazing that pattern and makes that an intensive end to a run to do.

As far as I see the Luckgraze should be able to give enough graze regardless, but I cannot say how much it would give with bombs included, you do not really get a lot of graze from other patterns (I think about 150 graze at most if you try to graze other things too.) Making finishing it off 1 wave before the last one possibly feasible on easy, I know that if you missed two waves on normal you basically just will not get to finish the pattern off before you get 999 graze, on the other hand, you will get close to that on the final wave, so the best is to time finishing it off around exactly then and grazing the last bits in the other patterns. There is a risky graze of the petal-like opener of Shinki I found; you can graze both the danmaku circles that spawn before both Yumeko and Shinki by being close to the point of spawning; then rushing back. Should give a little bit of graze to start out with too.

I do know however that Yuki and Mai grazes on easy will not get you to 999 graze before the fight ends, consider it logical to finish off Mai at 750 graze (mainly saying this because I think that is around the end, I had around 840 graze in my run but 750 graze should be enough since I think Yuki final pattern grazes will get you max graze if you also graze her opener a bit.) timers really are an estimation issue, iirc Shinki's luckgraze is about 7 waves but I could be off there.

The reason I'd argue Yuki is better to do on Easy is because it is easier to get 999 graze against her than Mai, I think you still miss around 5 point items from the fight; the bullet clears might be a little less, I am not entirely sure of that yet so consider this to be doubtable.

I remember when I was stubborn enough to sign up in the DRC for MS Hard scoring because I was somewhat saddened by the result booked by someone else in that category a round before (invested no time in grazing, didn't really get a run finished either even though that person boasted he'd score "really high") I was somewhat experienced with MS Hard before, but hadn't learned the grazes yet or had optimal survival, I just thought that if I invested as much time as possible (I believe I played around 60 to 70 hours+) I could atleast get about 135m, I ended up getting 140m with Mima but barely before the ending of the DRC, I was already glad with that. I guess that is what got me the motivation to play MS in a manner that I don't feel too dissatisfied with silly things happening. (I had a lot of trouble learning Louise's first pattern graze for example, but once I understood it I became somewhat consistent at it, my guess is that I get it right about 65% of the attempts that get there, most restart after silliness trying to graze the midboss or Sara in stage 1.)

I was not trying to bash that person, but Mystic Square is a game I personally do like quite a bit and it just happened to sadden me a bit to see that being underplayed so I just wanted to see if I could do something, I'm willing to attempt scoring LLS's maingame at some point too. (I've already gotten stage 1 and 2 correctly as far as practice is concerned, I am more or less just busy with MS right now.)

Also it is kind of funny how I submitted more scores for this game to the MoTK scoreboard than on the Eientei scoreboard I do moderate for MS (I moderate 5 boards, LLS, MS, EoSD, IN and MoF.) I should kind of add them to that board already.

Yes, I am totally aware this post ended up losing the sight of the trees in the forest thanks to how huge this became, guess I just felt like elaborating all of this.

Edit: I just noticed I wrote my thank you in the quote, quite silly.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 10:30:57 AM by Zigzagwolf »

Karisa

• Extend!
Quote from: Zigzagwolf
On another note, that is definitely true that I do give up 250,000k per bomb
250m?? That should be 250k for using at least one bomb on stage 6 (125k for bombing on stage 4), not including the penalty to the dream bonus, which is minor on Easy as long as you can keep collecting items at 51200. http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Mystic_Square/Gameplay#Clear_Bonus

Grazing the stage 5 midboss? Doesn't that mean you give up a lot of stage portion point items (and your chance at the 600 extend)? I'd assume the midboss should be speedkilled (wait for one good cancel). Or do you mean just grazing one wave of the midboss is enough?

Quote from: Zigzagwolf
The reason I'd argue Yuki is better to do on Easy is because it is easier to get 999 graze against her than Mai, I think you still miss around 5 point items from the fight; the bullet clears might be a little less, I am not entirely sure of that yet so consider this to be doubtable.
Pretty sure Mai's bullet cancel is much larger than Yuki's on all difficulties-- Mai fills the screen with kunai reflecting off the wall (checking my old 77.9m video, 1.5m displayed bullet cancel; actual bonus is always higher than displayed due to the static boss phase bonus and the cleared bullets themselves), while Yuki's bullets are too fast/too few to give much bonus.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:03:40 PM by Karisa »

Zigzagwolf

250m?? That should be 250k for using at least one bomb on stage 6 (125k for bombing on stage 4), not including the penalty to the dream bonus, which is minor on Easy as long as you can keep collecting items at 51200. http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Mystic_Square/Gameplay#Clear_Bonus

Grazing the stage 5 midboss? Doesn't that mean you give up a lot of stage portion point items (and your chance at the 600 extend)? I'd assume the midboss should be speedkilled (wait for one good cancel). Or do you mean just grazing one wave of the midboss is enough?
Pretty sure Mai's bullet cancel is much larger than Yuki's on all difficulties-- Mai fills the screen with kunai reflecting off the wall (checking my old 77.9m video, 1.5m displayed bullet cancel; actual bonus is always higher than displayed due to the static boss phase bonus and the cleared bullets themselves), while Yuki's bullets are too fast/too few to give much bonus.
May I ask where I said 250m? My guess is that because I wrote 250,000k instead of 250k you assumed I meant 250m but that was me being sleepy, lately I've been sleepy a lot and I can thank that for many silly mistakes here and there. I was speaking of 250k

I was speaking of the value 5 items are when you have max dream bonus at the moment of collection; not in the stage bonus, since you won't have max dream bonus that basically ends up being a bit less, not exactly 250k as I wanted to mention I guess.

I am not sure of the 600 point items extend, but I guess so? I already mentioned I do not do that for easy anymore (not like it was possible on easy.) I was speaking of the blue kunai safespot, I do that on normal and hard; it helps a bit with getting max graze for stage 5 there, I don't think I would've gotten 600 point items on either difficulty (granted, due to the Yumeko grazes you can just keep shooting while doing this graze, that won't really cost you any time for the spam section afterwards either, just helps to get a bit of graze faster.) Unless you of course were thinking I was speaking of trying to get near timing the midboss out? I don't think that would be really wise to do, I did wait a little with finishing the midboss off for a better bullet clear but in all honesty it was the first time getting to stage 5 in that run, so I'm not sure wether I got an optimal bullet clear (1.9m) but I did get another wave I grazed. In the end I kind of decided to take it easier and graze Yumeko's third pattern less due to the silly death, my thought process was that I wouldn't be able to tolerate another death (Pretty strict for a first full scoring run of normal mode? I just felt like I was really doing good and was hoping for 110m+ I suppose.) As for Easy, once again, this is worthless to do. Considering trying to graze the midboss's blue Kunai pattern outright kills you when you try to graze it on Easy.

Also I am pretty sure 2-3 waves can be grazed if you keep shooting the midboss, so 1 wave would be rather low and maybe a bit too safe? (only 3 is you do wait one wave for a bullet clear on the green laser spam.)

I was already thinking that, but I was contemplating about Easy there, a difficulty I haven't scored a whole lot either (the 73m run was my first clear in that difficulty I think.. I don't think I even ever did a basic survival clear of easy MS, but I'm not even sure.) for normal mode and above I usually do Mai, my thoughts were just that Yuki is easier to graze, but I guess it was a dumb thought taking into consideration that the graze loss wouldn't be that big in contrast to the gains in bullet cancels.

I suppose it really is just the best to finish off Yuki before the Yuki&Mai fight ends then.. in my Normal run she already exploded on their second pattern rather than last. (That is also one of the reasons I am entirely certain that 130m is feasible, I honestly did not expect it; it somewhat bothers me.)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 05:54:53 PM by Zigzagwolf »

Karisa

• Extend!
The 250m was just a play on your typo (I like to do that, sorry, habit from elsewhere), but my point is you did say "per bomb", which is not the case.

The value lost from bombing Shinki on Easy should be a flat 250k for the stage (no-bomb bonus 500k*.5), +8800 (60,000-51,200) per point item, minus whatever negligible amount you get from clearing the bombed bullets. Doesn't a Mima bomb during a boss cost you 4 max-PIV items to recover the dream bonus? That'd be a loss of 35,200 from PIV, less than letting a single point item drop

And clearly I'm not familiar enough with the stage 5 midboss graze (and I misread the part where you said you do it on Normal). I thought only 1 of 3 waves could be supergrazed, so I thought you'd have to wait a full cycle of 3 to graze it again, which would cost point items.

As for the 600 extend, I'd suspect it's barely reachable on Normal (well it's barely reachable on Easy already) with a lot of risky back-and-forth movement on stage 4 and 5. I don't think anyone's done it, though.

Zigzagwolf

The 250m was just a play on your typo (I like to do that, sorry, habit from elsewhere), but my point is you did say "per bomb", which is not the case.

The value lost from bombing Shinki on Easy should be a flat 250k for the stage (no-bomb bonus 500k*.5), +8800 (60,000-51,200) per point item, minus whatever negligible amount you get from clearing the bombed bullets. Doesn't a Mima bomb during a boss cost you 4 max-PIV items to recover the dream bonus? That'd be a loss of 35,200 from PIV, less than letting a single point item drop

And clearly I'm not familiar enough with the stage 5 midboss graze (and I misread the part where you said you do it on Normal). I thought only 1 of 3 waves could be supergrazed, so I thought you'd have to wait a full cycle of 3 to graze it again, which would cost point items.

As for the 600 extend, I'd suspect it's barely reachable on Normal (well it's barely reachable on Easy already) with a lot of risky back-and-forth movement on stage 4 and 5. I don't think anyone's done it, though.

Ah, I somewhat was surprised, I honestly thought you took my typo seriously there but then that was me misunderstanding your joke, I can usually get jokes but if they seem too serious I at times can misunderstand them (that is not a problem though, those things happen and looking back at the joke it seems somewhat funny.) I think Mima bombs indeed take around 4 point items at max value to bring that back at max PiV again, reading things as they are kind of make me think that it might not be worth it to try the luckgraze  (assuming that it likes to kill you, which is really seems to do, it would end up having to be bombed.)

I think I can get the 600 point item extend as far as I'm concerned I lost on quite a lot of point items due to the six deaths I had, but I did gather quite a lot of them (I am kind of used to the risky back and forth movement in stage 4 and 5, but it seems more feasible to collect more overall in Easy even with that movement, considering the second wave of red arrowhead fairies before the midboss for example seems pretty much only feasible in Easy to do.) But I can imagine it would still be pretty tough, I guess that is a matter of learning routes and correct execution, I do have to ask if the stage 4 bomb is a necessity for the 600 graze extend, since as far as your screenshot is concerned you barely got that extend; iirc it does give quite a bit of point items.

As for the stage 5 midboss graze, it is simply standing close to the midboss as it shoots the blue kunai waves, apparently impossible on easy as I noticed in my run while being possible on normal, hard and lunatic. You can just keep shooting (and probably do more damage too considering you'd be in front of the midboss during the graze.) As far as I'm concerned you usually get atleast 2 waves of that pattern, since the sets of patterns thrown at you (the three patterns) are kind of fired quickly, the midboss starts out with the blue kunai pattern too, so that means that it is basically only waiting 2 waves after it appears until you can graze it again (I don't think it is possible to finish the midboss off in that time by just shooting, maybe by bombing? So I don't really think there's any loss to grazing the pattern.) For the thirth time waiting a bit is important, but it happens rather quickly so it is not much of a spam duration loss (although for 600 point items maybe?) I can imagine this should be included in the thing about waiting for a good bullet cancel you mentioned earlier though. Although it seems to differ per difficulty what a good pattern to bullet clear is at the midboss, I do think in easy the best is the kunai pattern (to clear it when the waves reach the bottom but the midboss is still shooting); for normal maybe the green lasers or the white danmaku? I know that if you time the white danmaku circle the midboss shoots on Hard you can get a 3m bullet clear of that, so that is rather significant (I have gotten that a few times.)

Maybe that it is just worthless to try to do the luckgraze on easy; with that I mean that the risks are big, the reward should be big too in case nothing goes wrong, but I can imagine limiting that to 1 or 2 waves would be more than logical. On another note, I wonder if it is more feasible to perform if Shinki is high up rather than a bit closer to the bottom. As far as I'm concerned that is generally safer on low rank hard too. (the safespot seems a little wider; it seems to be easier to hold track of the pattern, atleast for low rank Hard.)

Karisa

• Extend!
For the future, if I use multiple consecutive punctuation marks ("??" in that case) I'm probably not being serious. I am a pretty serious person much of the time, though, so I suppose it was unexpected.

OK, I did remember the midboss supergraze was only one type of wave, but I've never done it, and I thought it was the third (which might not appear a second time when speedkilling) when it was actually the first. Now that makes more sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the best cancel varies by difficulty, too, though it depends on just how much more it's worth (probably not worth waiting a wave or two if it only gives a few point items' equivalent, accounting for PIV and clear bonus multiplier). It could probably use some savestate testing.

The luckgraze gets safer at higher rank, doesn't it? Pretty sure the chance of dying is much higher at low rank Normal than max rank Normal (i.e. if you die once you'll probably die again). I'm guessing it might be safer because the bullets move faster-- fewer frames for rounding errors to accumulate (assuming a rounding error can only adjust a bullet's position by up to a pixel per frame). Still too dangerous at max rank Easy though.

Seems to be the sort of scoring strategy that'd only be worth it if the runs are very optimized, enough that you know you won't PB if you skip it. Like with staying in the middle on Kanako's 3rd spell on Easy, a luck-based faster capture.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:37:54 PM by Karisa »

Zigzagwolf

For the future, if I use multiple consecutive punctuation marks ("??" in that case) I'm probably not being serious. I am a pretty serious person much of the time, though, so I suppose it was unexpected.

OK, I did remember the midboss supergraze was only one type of wave, but I've never done it, and I thought it was the third (which might not appear a second time when speedkilling) when it was actually the first. Now that makes more sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the best cancel varies by difficulty, too, though it depends on just how much more it's worth (probably not worth waiting a wave or two if it only gives a few point items' equivalent, accounting for PIV and clear bonus multiplier). It could probably use some savestate testing.

The luckgraze gets safer at higher rank, doesn't it? Pretty sure the chance of dying is much higher at low rank Normal than max rank Normal (i.e. if you die once you'll probably die again). I'm guessing it might be safer because the bullets move faster-- fewer frames for rounding errors to accumulate (assuming a rounding error can only adjust a bullet's position by up to a pixel per frame). Still too dangerous at max rank Easy though.

Seems to be the sort of scoring strategy that'd only be worth it if the runs are very optimized, enough that you know you won't PB if you skip it. Like with staying in the middle on Kanako's 3rd spell on Easy, a luck-based faster capture.

Oh that gave it away, that should have been a little obvious.. I guess, but I'll take note to that regardless. :p
I'm usually pretty serious whenever the other person is serious, but I can be a bit silly too, there is nothing to be worried about though, as I said, looking back at that it is somewhat funny.

Well the waves the midboss throws at you are as following: Blue kunai slingers that statically move down, this is the only thing there is a graze for (just stand close to the midboss, move down a little to get some graze but not too much or else you'll die.) the second wave is iirc the white bullet circle, this apparently gives the highest bullet clear in Hard mode (as I said a moment ago, 3 Million, I remember that you basically want to finish off the midboss at the exact moment it shoots the white danmaku so there is some timing involved.) and last but not least the random green laser spam, there isn't really a way to graze either of the two patterns after the blue kunai pattern (the midboss starts out with that one, that is why atleast two waves should always be feasible to do while you keep shooting, waiting a little bit allows for three waves, more than that is basically playing it safe on higher difficulties.)

It indeed does, but I actually do believe that it is 100% safe on normal max rank (I might be wrong; if I am I might figure that out in the future.. But it seems more consistent, given that when Shinki moves the danmaku doesn't move along with her on your spot like it does at times on Easy, it at times does move a little and I have no clue if that can become deadly on max rank normal mode.) as far as I'm concerned it is still pretty deadly on low rank in hard mode, but I can imagine it is less deadly than in normal mode low rank. As far as I'm concerned the pattern never kills you in max rank hard and lunatic. (I think it does not kill you either in max rank normal, but as I said, I might be wrong there.) Low rank lunatic can still be deadly. I indeed do believe it is too risky for easy mode max rank; it might just be a worthless graze to try. This might actually make Easy mode one of the hardest difficulties to get a fully optimalised run in; that just because of the luck involved in that graze. Kind of silly to think of. (I think it would be harder than a fully optimalised Hard mode run, but definitely easier than lunatic. Bold thoughts there, but I honestly feel like the rng involved is that bad.)

That does seem like a perfectly sound explenation, as far as I'm concerned the graze usually goes wrong when rng decides to be evil when Shinki moves; that can definitely be adjusted due to the current rank having to do with the speed of the danmaku that is shot.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 11:05:49 PM by ZM »

F I N A L L Y all this agony has an end.

Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana 120 FPS Timeout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPtdOQ59MqY

Nolegs the Cat

Wow, Rapig. Just Wow. That's amazing...

Now for my relatively shitty in comparison achievement :V

NMNBNT TD stage 4 hard. ~

Not at all difficult.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:02:36 PM by Nolegs the Cat »

Wow, Rapid. Just Wow. That's amazing...

Now for my relatively shitty in comparison achievement :V

Not at all difficult.

Thx Nolegs :)

But never forget that there never exist "shitty" achievements ;)

You also achieved many things I can only be jelly of :)

Btw. gj on perfect TD stage 4
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:51:02 PM by Rapig »

Nolegs the Cat

Thanks, Rapig. Yeah, achievements are ultimately meaningful if they're achievements for the person.  :)

Anyway, NMNBNT TD Stage 5 hard. Not much harder.

Zigzagwolf

Did a Perfect (NMNB) of DDC's extra stage, finished with max resources and 719 Million too.

Double Dealing Character EX NMNB Video

Was practicing for the upcoming Dodging Rain Competition in which I do DDC EX survival, kind of got to redo a NMNB during the competition now but I should be fine.

Neptune

• :D
  • kms
Hi, I hope it's okay for me to post this. ^^

About two days ago, I finally beat Touhou 8's extra stage for the first time!! Even though it wasn't the best run, I'm really happy since this is the first extra stage I've beaten!

i like cute stuff

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~

SA Extra NMNB. Started last night, got it early this morning.
Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=40785

idk why I'm wasting my time with these

Neptune

• kms
Yesssss, I finally beat UFO with Marisa B, on Normal!

Took me way too long.  :ohdear:

Here's the replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=40796

It's pretty bad, and I died stupidly on a lot of things, but I'm glad I finally beat the game.  :D

Now, all that's left is to beat it with Reimu B and Sanae A, and then I would've finally beaten UFO with all shot types!
i like cute stuff

Nolegs the Cat

TD Hard 4 Miss no Bombs!
Didn't take long, either.  :3

NMNBNT up till Miko, 4MNB Miko, Could've been 2 miss or 1 miss, but oh well.

I might improve this.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
Yesssss, I finally beat UFO with Marisa B, on Normal!

Took me way too long.  :ohdear:

Here's the replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=40796

It's pretty bad, and I died stupidly on a lot of things, but I'm glad I finally beat the game.  :D

Now, all that's left is to beat it with Reimu B and Sanae A, and then I would've finally beaten UFO with all shot types!

I've noticed you succeeded. Congrats~

Neptune

• kms
I've noticed you succeeded. Congrats~

Thank you!! :D
i like cute stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9L6Yk1UvaY

Managed to summon 2 brooms with ReimuA in real-time :3

I thought for sure that this would be TAS only (watch http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29195341 for 4 brooms at the same time).
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!