Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread: Part 2  (Read 199271 times)

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread: Part 2
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »
Utshuo crashes 12.3 for me even though I have the patch installed.

It happened to me too. Look at the top of the window, it probably still says Version 1.00
The patch extracted it's content in another folder (it created a second 12.3 in my 12.3 folder).
If that's what happened, copy the contents of that folder in your 12.3 folder and replace the files when it asks to.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 10:59:32 PM »
Utshuo crashes 12.3 for me even though I have the patch installed.

It happened to me too. Look at the top of the window, it probably still says Version 1.00
The patch extracted it's content in another folder (it created a second 12.3 in my 12.3 folder).
If that's what happened, copy the contents of that folder in your 12.3 folder and replace the files when it asks to.

Sadly it does infact say 1.01 at the top of the window... And Utshuo crashes me as soon as it's done saying loading.

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 11:54:43 PM »
Stage 6 UFO lunatic is driving me insane.

It's really hard to get 7 bombs, live through midboss Nue, and then spam.  I usually end up with 5/6.

Opener is easy (comparatively), but then I can't do a SINGLE attack without bombing or dying.  First one is lolwall unless I'm missing something, I don't get it.  Next is laser barrage that's nearly impossible to avoid, next is butterfly lasers which I don't understand fully, next is gigantic spam that's really hard to avoid, next is tons of curly... things + aimed stars that blows my mind, then comes the move-around-the-screen attack where it's really hard to do damage, then comes Shinki's attack which I can usually one-bomb, then comes the fly-around-the-screen spam that gets so think it seems nearly undodgeable, then comes her last card which I've made it too five times with 0 resources and died at once it hits its harder stages.

tl; dr  - RAGE

Actually, now that I have this written down, it might actually be possible if I 1-death Shinki and go in with 6 bombs.  Away!

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 03:16:48 AM »
Stage 6 UFO lunatic is driving me insane.

It's really hard to get 7 bombs, live through midboss Nue, and then spam.  I usually end up with 5/6.

Opener is easy (comparatively), but then I can't do a SINGLE attack without bombing or dying.  First one is lolwall unless I'm missing something, I don't get it.  Next is laser barrage that's nearly impossible to avoid, next is butterfly lasers which I don't understand fully, next is gigantic spam that's really hard to avoid, next is tons of curly... things + aimed stars that blows my mind, then comes the move-around-the-screen attack where it's really hard to do damage, then comes Shinki's attack which I can usually one-bomb, then comes the fly-around-the-screen spam that gets so think it seems nearly undodgeable, then comes her last card which I've made it too five times with 0 resources and died at once it hits its harder stages.

tl; dr  - RAGE

Actually, now that I have this written down, it might actually be possible if I 1-death Shinki and go in with 6 bombs.  Away!

YOU ARE CLOSE TO BEATING UFO ON LUNATIC AND YOU SAY YOU AREN'T ONE OF THE TOP RANKING TOUHOU PLAYERS?!?!???!?!?!!?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 04:05:35 AM »
Uh, I think he got to stage 6 via continue spam like the rest of us (well, not me. Still suck really badly at stage 3 here. :<).

So anyway, which one of you said that the way to do the Red UFO spell card was to destroy one and go through the gap to avoid the others? Tell me so I can punch you in the face. >:( I'd appreciate a strategy that doesn't lose 3 lives to test.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 04:13:34 AM »
Extra Stage? Clusterfuck but I'm getting used to it.

Nue? Wtf how is this easy? Maybe I just don't know the tricks yet? Her first few spell cards aren't that bad. Red UFO spam is horrid fail and makes me bomb. Blue UFO spam is annoying but doable. Laser bullet counter clock is okay, it comes down mostly to just a counter-clockwise square movement while the bullets are rotating.

Seriously Nue, why? Why do you throw UFOs into my face? =(

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 05:21:32 AM »
You know, I can tolerate a lot of shit, but I can't stand UFOs not doing what they are fucking suppose to do- clear bullets.

Stage 4, because I'm just trying to beat it.  I keep chaining whatever mix ufos I can find.  Those shit flowers bullets that spawns in the middle is driving me fucking insane.  Whenever a UFO blows up, I run up to grab the fragments before more shit falls down only to go into the area and it just spawns in my face and kills me.  This is something I cannot tolerate- at all.

ZUN, you sadistic piece of shit, going 4.00 to 3.00 power after a clip death is not a good game mechanic.

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 10:49:41 AM »
I gave up on stage 6.

I'm seriously going to have to practice stage 6 on hard so I can unlock practice for stage 6 lunatic  :V

Also, I have the best capture history ever.  0/104, anyone?  I might need to nuke my score.dat from orbit.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 12:05:57 PM »
Can't...1cc...normal...stage 5...bullshit....syou...f*ck you...hate...rage....I want to unlock this extra...GRRR....GRRRRRRAWW
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 12:18:40 PM »
I just saw the second-last UFO card on Lunatic.
I haven't screamed like that in years.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 03:19:35 PM »
The penultimate Lunatic card actually made me laugh just because of how fast the boss moves.

Also, no boss in the history of Touhou has made me want to RAGEquit more or harder than Kogasa Tatara. Although Orin and Nitori have come close.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 05:02:16 PM »
I gave up on stage 6.

I'm seriously going to have to practice stage 6 on hard so I can unlock practice for stage 6 lunatic  :V

Also, I have the best capture history ever.  0/104, anyone?  I might need to nuke my score.dat from orbit.

lol wut.  What card is that?  Certain beat someone's .dat I have on Nirvana. 1/ 202.

Anyways, I made it to Stage 5 with a bit diligence. Until Shou's curve lasers got me twice, bullshit.

I think I will practice Stage 4 until I can memorize everything.  Ah, just like I did with SA, work with Satori until I get every detail down.  Orin took a while, but Utsuho took longer.

Is that space invader shit really easy on Normal, or do I have it wrong?
Another thing is, what does Stage 6 look like on Lunatic?

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2009, 05:11:58 PM »
Another thing is, what does Stage 6 look like on Lunatic?
Stage 6 Normal entails you losing at dodgeball to blue bullets before running into slow-moving vertical yellow bullets while trying to catch as many UFOs as you can.

Stage 6 Lunatic is basically the same thing, except the yellow bullets form small walls and move at steep angles.  In other words, it's not that bad - just relentless.

IIRC the bright blue thingy's attack is the same on each difficulty, or at least very similar.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 05:49:30 PM »

Character can affect it greatly - as can power.  Unless you form a multicolor UFO, Stage 6 doesn't drop power until the White Orb Of ARGHWUT - and chances are you're not walking away from Shou with much power.  Try forming one if you're reaching Stage 6 at low power.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 05:54:29 PM »
Whoever said that Byakuren's final attack is easy can play this game for me.  I am so sick of dying to it when the rest of her attacks are relatively easy.

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2009, 05:56:46 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but if anyone was wondering if Flying Fantastica (Byakuren's last card) goes insane at the 30-second mark in the same way as every card like it since QED...

It does.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but if anyone was wondering if Flying Fantastica (Byakuren's last card) goes insane at the 30-second mark in the same way as every card like it since QED...

It does.

Ummm... REPLAY FUCKING WHERE

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2009, 06:13:07 PM »
I just tried it on Normal and it was pretty mental. I don't want to imagine it on Lunatic. x_x
Quote from Myosotis:

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2009, 06:22:29 PM »
Yeah I tried timing it out on easy and it was an...experience. I can't fathom it on lunatic.

Also, I'm probably going to have the accept the fact that I'm going to die on stage 3, it's not a blowoff stage.

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »
Nue's last card goes into overdrive as well for the last 30 seconds. Imagine Peerless Wind God except at double the speed. Good luck surviving that for more than 2 seconds :V

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2009, 06:38:57 PM »
Replay of Stage 6 Normal attempting to timeout Fantastica:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4365

I get to 14 seconds then die, there's just too much insanity on screen by that point.
Quote from Myosotis:

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2009, 06:47:17 PM »
Yesterday, I had my first loss in SWRS arcade mode lunatic.

I lost.

To Cirno.

I HAVE SHAMED MY FAMILY

yes I know she's actually quite decent in the game THAT'S NOT THE POINT

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2009, 06:48:07 PM »
um excuse me I pointed out Fantastica's timeout phase the day it came out   >:(

On a related note, her Shinki throwback card also has a timeout phase.  If you don't attack, the card instantly goes to its final phase at 30 seconds, and then at 15 seconds starts adding a light spray of random red bullets in for good measure.  Fun stuff.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:50:29 PM by Azinth »

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2009, 07:41:37 PM »
um excuse me I pointed out Fantastica's timeout phase the day it came out   >:(

Oh. I avoided Touhou forums like the plague to avoid spoilers/screenshots when the game came out, so didn't see you post about it.  :-\

On a related topic:

UFO EXTRA WTF.
Quote from Myosotis:

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2009, 07:45:01 PM »
Bahaha, I actually like UFO Extra. The stage itself is actually rather simple as long as you keep an eye on where the fairies come in and kill them before they can make stupid walls of death.

EX-Kogasa is easy too, other than her light speed Mt. Ooe clone. That card can burn.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2009, 08:10:42 PM »
I give up...
GIVE ME THAT .DAT FILE WITH EXTRA UNLOCKED ! :V
(Syou is the worst stage 5 boss ever, and it is also the worst touhou character ever made...seriously)

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »
I give up...
(Syou is the worst stage 5 boss ever, and it is also the worst touhou character ever made...seriously)
Orin is much worse than Syou...

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2009, 08:28:11 PM »
I give up...
Orin is much worse than Syou...
Yeah but Orin fight have something better than Syou's...so Syou is just getting ANNOYING

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2009, 08:29:35 PM »
i can't run UFO at 60 fps

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2009, 08:39:30 PM »
I give up...

It hasn't even been a week since the game was released. You can't give up after such a short time. Take a break to calm down, practice stage 4 and 5, or go 1cc the other games with shot types you haven't used yet.

No, I can't do it either. Yes, I want to unlock the Extra Stage. But I'll do it by myself, otherwise there's no point in even trying it.

Sorry if I look like an asshole, but I'm getting pissed off that people ask for score.dat files all the time. It's my own rage moment or something.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."