Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVII: Chase Your Desires  (Read 210437 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVII: Chase Your Desires
« Reply #990 on: October 03, 2012, 11:35:16 PM »
It's good progress RNG. Good luck with getting through the hard bits of the game.  :V (it's all pretty hard actually but the last two stages are just that much harder)

« Reply #991 on: October 03, 2012, 11:44:41 PM »
Woohoo, made it to Stage 5! Thanks for your encouragement everyone! A bit more polish is needed on 2 and 3 but nothing a practice session won't solve.

I'm going to hit a wall soon, aren't I  :ohdear:
Congrats! You've gotten through the hard part of UFO. In a 1cc, stages 5 and 6 are easy because you pretty much are going to bomb everything :V. Just get enough resources from stages 1 through 4, and bomb bomb bomb!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #992 on: October 04, 2012, 12:05:51 AM »
My UFO lunatic progress is backwards  :V
I went through and unlocked the stages, practiced Stage 6 until I capture everything, practiced Stage 5 a bunch, and only now have I started working on Stage 4.  I've gotten everything planned except Nueball.  I don't know how to do that consistently yet (LRLR was it?).

Stage 3 is utter crap and I never want to play it so there's that.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #993 on: October 04, 2012, 12:14:15 AM »
Just get enough resources from stages 1 through 4, and bomb bomb bomb!

This is the problem. I think that I'm going to work on Lunatic survival for a bit longer, doing individual stage practice, then see how well i can accumulate resources in a Hard mode run, then try to piece that together for a 1cc before going back to Lunatic. Thank god for different difficulty settings!

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #994 on: October 04, 2012, 12:30:31 AM »
Exciting... I hope Seiga returns and gives something the 17k photo treatment.
You first second.
I've gotten everything planned except Nueball.  I don't know how to do that consistently yet (LRLR was it?).
I started on the right and moved left for blue waves and vice versa for red waves, making sure to position myself directly under the point where they're heading straight up to kill the most. I think that's what I generally did, it's been a while. <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #995 on: October 04, 2012, 03:42:57 AM »
I finally did it. I beat PCB Ultra Normal. My heart was pounding during the last 20 seconds of Reflowering. I would have captured it, if I hadn't gotten hit during the last 5 seconds. 0 lives and 4 bombs left.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #996 on: October 04, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
> managed to beat EoSD lunatic with 3 attempts. just saying. xD

now for something less braggy.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=24316

my first PoFV lunatic 1cc. it's obviously with komachi. I had a good reimu fight, which is why I had enough lives against eiki. the third round vs eiki took 3 minutes before she fell :v I was on my last hit, too.

BUT GUESS WHAT? I HAD ONE LIFE TO SPARE ANYWAY :V yeah. it's sort of a big step, I suppose. I may pick up PoDD, too. not sure yet. would be the first 98-shooter I seriously play.

and another thing, more minor, but still worth posting:

Perfect Stage 3 lunatic. no bombs, no deaths, you can do the math, actually.

"Because all the cool kids perfect Meiling" :v

I also captured LFS for the first time. but eh, doesn't help me if I die on it on every other run. I should probably work on a UFO 1cc instead of the random shit I've been doing to avoid playing that game.

« Reply #997 on: October 04, 2012, 03:04:52 PM »
I also captured LFS for the first time. but eh, doesn't help me if I die on it on every other run. I should probably work on a UFO 1cc instead of the random shit I've been doing to avoid playing that game.
Speaking of that card, Have a 1 power capture.
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #998 on: October 04, 2012, 03:28:30 PM »
1cc MoF Lunatic with ReimuC!!

All Reimu Shottypes Cleared!!  :D

I'm unsure but... maybe I should all clear with the Marisa Shottypes... then this could be the 3rd game to 1cc lunatic all shottypes.  I'm just sorta scared, cause Marisa Hitbox, and stuff.  :wat:

But seriously, ReimuC, even with the stupidly spread shottype, somehow managed to fit enough shotguns and 1cc the game!

Of course, I had about 2 or so stupid stupid deaths with near max power because I was shot gunning for too long and got bullets spawned into my face, haha  :derp: (freaking Sanae stars *AHEM*) and quite a few silly mistakes, eg. Aya non spells!  Why on earth didn't I just bomb!  Ahh well.

Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

« Reply #999 on: October 04, 2012, 06:38:57 PM »
Just to lock

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #1000 on: October 04, 2012, 06:39:10 PM »
Just to lock

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #1001 on: October 04, 2012, 06:40:10 PM »
Just to lock

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #1003 on: October 04, 2012, 08:50:50 PM »
Everybody's a janitor these days.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #1004 on: October 04, 2012, 09:22:58 PM »
your a janitor

now lock thread please

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #1005 on: October 05, 2012, 02:37:03 AM »
I died in the most awesome way to Rumia's midboss nonspell. That counts as an achievement.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.