Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVII: Chase Your Desires  (Read 210273 times)

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVII: Chase Your Desires
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2012, 11:55:17 AM »

Just 1cc Lotus Land Story, Yuuka had some awesome animations.

Took quite a few tries, but very happy with this one.

The extra stage last thing to do before moving on to 5, hopefully it doesn't give me too much trouble, first extra stage.

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »
The extra stage last thing to do before moving on to 5, hopefully it doesn't give me too much trouble, first extra stage.
Harder than all of the Windows extras. Good luck <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »

redlakitu

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2012, 12:20:18 PM »
My first Extra Stage clear - Ran:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22799

Before the run, I was aware that the clear was well within my reach if only I could get rid of my habit of losing most of my resources during things like Ultimate Buddhist, Shikigami "Chen", or Ran's later nonspells. With this important lesson in mind, I went on to lose a total of two lives and something like eight bombs on Ultimate Buddhist and Shikigami "Chen". I was even going to ragequit right after Ultimate Buddhist, but fortunately managed to contain my anger and eventually cleared the stage with a whole extra life in reserve (well, I lost it as Ran was dying, but whatever).

Sanger Zonvolt

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2012, 04:49:50 PM »
Harder than all of the Windows extras. Good luck <_<

I-I just can't beat it....I tried 100+ times, beat Mugetsu my on 70th or so try and started to celebrate "This isn't even my final form"

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »
Oh yeah, LLS Extra is balls difficult. You're better off shooting for PCB or MoF Extra if you haven't done one before ._.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »
I almost beat LLS extra blind.  Failed to the last phase :V
Haven't come close since.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2012, 05:15:19 PM »
Oh yeah, LLS Extra is balls difficult. You're better off shooting for PCB or MoF Extra if you haven't done one before ._.

The sad part is I have to do that shit while talking and I still haven't done it because of one phase that I've forgotten how to do :qq:

I almost beat LLS extra blind.  Failed to the last phase :V
Haven't come close since.

Second-last for me. Same situation otherwise.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2012, 05:19:22 PM »
Timed out Ephemerality 137 as well. I didn't really think it was feasible to do until I saw that Malkyrian had done it. That compelled me to go and do it myself and I almost got it on my 2nd attempt but i unfortunately died really stupidly following what was a seriously epic attempt. I got it on my 9th attempt but that attempt wasn't half as badass.

Sanger Zonvolt

« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »
Was starting to think I was just absolutely horrible at Touhou, but good to know it's not just me.  :derp:

If I could just use focus in this game, I would have a way easier time with everything, I only die to Mugetsu's last phase because I can't correctly move through it without focus.

Dunno if I want to still finish this later or move on to Mystic Square.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2012, 05:34:50 PM »
LLS has focus though.

In other news, consistency at the EoSD stage 5 lunatic wallfairies is a thing.
and so is some degree of consistency when dodging Killing Doll.

Zil

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2012, 05:41:31 PM »
Everyone in this thread is insane. LLS Extra is BY FAR the easiest. Gengetsu is identical to that fairy at the start of UFO stage 3. She just shoots 30 waves instead of one.

Chuckolator

« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2012, 05:44:06 PM »
Everyone in this thread is insane. LLS Extra is BY FAR the easiest. Gengetsu is identical to that fairy at the start of UFO stage 3. She just shoots 30 waves instead of one.
But she has more than just that grazemilk phase, particularly the crap that comes afterwards. <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

Sanger Zonvolt

« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2012, 05:50:58 PM »
LLS has focus though.
!

It does, so I did no focus 1cc by mistake.  :3

I didn't realize after playing 2 and 3, which had no focus, so I thought all 98 games had none. Looks like I'm beating this Extra stage later.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:55:32 PM by Sanger Zonvolt »

Zil

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
But she has more than just that grazemilk phase, particularly the crap that comes afterwards. <_<
Like what? Everything is either simple dodging (compared to any other EX boss), streaming, or safespots. I'd really love to hear what people have a hard time with against her.

Aeteas

• Nonsensical
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2012, 06:07:40 PM »
I think LLS extra is the easiest because it gives you 8 lives :)
The patterns are a different style than later touhous, but you just have to get used to it

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2012, 06:09:25 PM »
1cc of Touhou 13 on Lunatic, YES!

Ahhh, I still feel crazy great after beating it!  :D

Just one windows game left to beat on Lunatic... Touhou 12... I'm all fired up!!   >:( Yeaah!!
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2012, 06:24:01 PM »

I dunno man. Anyone in the Windows are far easier to me.

Chuckolator

« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2012, 06:26:38 PM »
1cc of Touhou 13 on Lunatic, YES!

Ahhh, I still feel crazy great after beating it!  :D

Just one windows game left to beat on Lunatic... Touhou 12... I'm all fired up!!   >:( Yeaah!!
I feel happy for you, for clearing another lunatic, probably the one that I'll save for second last also.

Yet I also feel pity, because now the only thing left for you to conquer is UFO.  <_<

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »
Oh, Ephemerality 137 isn't that bad. I timed it out around two months ago when I timed out NF Asteriod Belt, and it didn't take that long at all. NF Ephemerality is something I want to see done, though. :3

Thousand Needle Moutain... doable, but I'd have no way of saving a replay.

Congrats on all the recent 1ccs, Nindella. Maybe I'll have JUST about motivation to TRY TD some more. :D

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2012, 06:50:40 PM »
Gengetsu isn't the easiest Extra boss, but she's nowhere near the hardest either. The hardest to clear, for me, was Evil Eye Sigma (due to low resources, hitboxes, and lack of focus), followed by Marisa, followed by Flandre (who I now find one of the easiest Extra bosses, it was probably low resources again) and Koishi.

And Touhou 12 is the last Lunatic for nearly everyone, isn't it?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2012, 07:04:20 PM »
Only if you have tolerance for all the others.

Zil

« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2012, 07:44:05 PM »
We're not all 90 FPS lunatic 1ccers you know  :V
And it's arbitrary, since I'm comparing Gengetsu to other Extra Bosses. She may not be outright "easy," but she's "easy compared to the others." And because I think anyone saying that she's one of the hardest is an affront to all of the others, (and because nobody mentioned an attack that stands out as highly difficult), I'm going to look at each attack she does and point out why she doesn't compare.

Mugetsu - I'd say she's the hardest part of the stage. The fast blue bullets are aimed at you, so you can dodge by moving an inch, but there's other crap flying around, so it's not so easy. A bombspam here is ok.

Gengetsu's first phase - The bullets are fast, mainly the pink ones. Again, this is probably on the level of other bosses later attacks, so you can get beat up by it and use bombs.

Second phase - Pure streaming. If she's on the right side, you start under her and stream to the right wall. The bouncing bullets may as well not exist. If she's on the left, just stream to the left. If she's in the middle, either side is safe.

Third phase - The pink bullets automatically miss. Stand still then move a bit to dodge the aimed blue ones. The cloud of pellets is also aimed so just move another inch. (You could probably do this whole phase with your eyes closed if you memorize the timing.)

Fourth phase - The blue wave is static. Stand directly under her upraised hand, and she fires a formation like this:

X     X
 X          X
       X
 X          X
   X      X

The X's represent bullets of course. The middle is fired straight down (right at you) so just move to the side, then right back to where you were. Then she does the laser thing. Don't stand under her because she fires a big laser. Just stand between two of the vertical lines and sit there. She fires a few aimed shots after the laser so just move up a slight bit.

Fifth phase - God help us it's random. Nothing any other Extra boss doesn't have (Froggy, Grudge Bow, BoLaD, etc.)

Final - The hardest thing she does I guess, (but Mugetsu's still harder IMO). Bombspam if needed.

So whatever. I think everything but the first and last phases are pretty damn non-threatening compared to other Extra spells. Combined with lots of resources to strongarm through the hard stuff, I think she really falls short compared to all of the other Extra bosses.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:49:51 PM by Zil »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2012, 07:46:45 PM »
But she places first in style. ;D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2012, 08:15:39 PM »
And it's arbitrary, since I'm comparing Gengetsu to other Extra Bosses. She may not be outright "easy," but she's "easy compared to the others." And because I think anyone saying that she's one of the hardest is an affront to all of the others, (and because nobody mentioned an attack that stands out as highly difficult), I'm going to look at each attack she does and point out why she doesn't compare.
What about the stage?

I just tried,had 3/2 going into the last survival part, died there because spawn on top of me, then game overed.  To the timeout phase of the first attack.

This is far from the easiest extra stage, Gengetsu herself might be on the easy side for bosses but the stage part and this attack prevent you from having anything to get to the easy part.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2012, 08:18:04 PM »
What about the stage?

I just tried,had 3/2 going into the last survival part, died there because spawn on top of me, then game overed.  To the timeout phase of the first attack.

This is far from the easiest extra stage, Gengetsu herself might be on the easy side for bosses but the stage part and this attack prevent you from having anything to get to the easy part.

The stage, with one exception, is highly memorizable. The pre-boss spam looks intimidating, but it's actually very predictable if you can see past its flashiness.

And it's fine to think Gengetsu is easy; just don't try and time her out. :3
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2012, 08:22:07 PM »
The thing is not to locate the hardest extra boss, but the one you find the most entertaining.

Also PC-98's lose a lot in style, since the engine is... well, not that good. Compared to some windows cards which are really beautiful, PC-98 has some crude hitboxes and melding backgrounds. It is not that much focused on beauty than to killing you, much like a lot of other shmups.

I did like the way Yumemi's crosses look like, they were the most beautiful thing in PC-98 for me.

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2012, 08:44:42 PM »
SA Hard Ultra Clear

After failing again at stage 5 in SA lunatic ultra, I wanted to see how hard was Hard Ultra.

I easily cleared it on my first try, with some lives to spare too. And with horrible mistakes to stage 5 :V

Spoiler:
ghost wheels never again

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2012, 08:51:19 PM »
>NB NF EoSD Lunatic Stage 6 practice.
>Death by two failures to the three phase non-spell. NO SURPRISE.

I did manage to capture the third spell and perfect the entire stage portion (hint eternal meek hint), though! :)