Author Topic: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=  (Read 169667 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=
« Reply #540 on: January 29, 2010, 01:18:42 AM »
> Grab a chair and listen.

You grab a chair and get ready to listen.

...You should probably ask her questions before you listen, though.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #541 on: January 29, 2010, 01:23:02 AM »
> "Keine, do you truly wish the extinction of youkai?"
> "Keine, is there a human girl with the capabilities to become the Shrine Maiden?"

Chaore

« Reply #542 on: January 29, 2010, 01:27:19 AM »
> "Keine, do you truly wish the extinction of youkai?"
> "Keine, is there a human girl with the capabilities to become the Shrine Maiden?"

Keine shakes her head. "No, that'd be... Terrible. I'm not quite sure what got over me. The sudden rush of being able to predict what will happen... I guess I got carried away with it.

...a human girl with the capabilities to become the Shrine Maiden? Oh, Right. I'm not entirely qualified to judge who would be best capable for the job, and I can't see...forward, anymore."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #543 on: January 29, 2010, 01:36:19 AM »
> "Well that is mighty inconvenient. Looks like the parasite gave you those powers"
> Ponder is Wriggle got her power boost from parasites as well.
> "Keine, you teach the children of the village. Isn't there a girl in your classes that is extemely exceptional in various activities? Compassion? Tenderness? A good morality view? A sense of justice? Amazing physical or magical abilities? Anything, really."

Chaore

« Reply #544 on: January 29, 2010, 02:46:42 AM »
> "Well that is mighty inconvenient. Looks like the parasite gave you those powers"
> Ponder is Wriggle got her power boost from parasites as well.
> "Keine, you teach the children of the village. Isn't there a girl in your classes that is extemely exceptional in various activities? Compassion? Tenderness? A good morality view? A sense of justice? Amazing physical or magical abilities? Anything, really."

Keine nods. "Or it was simply an illusion of having the power, but...it did feel real."

Keine sighs and crosses her arms. Thinking for a bit. "I... Yes, I know them all rather well. I can think of a few who come to mind, of course. The choice isn't just that, though, its... Not quite the same as Reimu, you know? Reimu was -born- to be a Shrine Maiden, she never lived here, she never even had a family really. She was independant by nature... While... Well, most of the girls here couldn't possibly imagine living on their own for good reason."

You can't believe shes even considering this, she has a point, but isn't the fact its outright required take priority?

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #545 on: January 29, 2010, 10:49:00 AM »
>"Alright, so Sanae is possibly one of the best candidates for maintaining the border... despite her not being fully human..."

>"Speaking of Sanae, I really want to gather some faith for her, she has saved my life before. Do the humans here trust her? I figure she was pretty friendly with them before this whole mess and border thing?"

>"We'd need to deal with gaining the trust of the people out there first. They just saw us in youkai form. Hope they don't overreact... too much."

>Will we ever find out why CHEN hates Keine so much?

Chaore

« Reply #546 on: January 29, 2010, 12:07:53 PM »
>"Alright, so Sanae is possibly one of the best candidates for maintaining the border... despite her not being fully human..."

>"Speaking of Sanae, I really want to gather some faith for her, she has saved my life before. Do the humans here trust her? I figure she was pretty friendly with them before this whole mess and border thing?"

>"We'd need to deal with gaining the trust of the people out there first. They just saw us in youkai form. Hope they don't overreact... too much."

"Sanae? ...Shes still alive? Wait, what do you mean by Faith?"

You take a moment to explain Sanae's situation to Keine.

"...Oh. I don't think anyone in the village hated her, and a good portion did give their faith to the Moriya Shrine. If there is anyone with hatred towards her, I don't know them. As far as the display out there... Well, I'd be more worried about the fact we were fighting for a moment or two. Though it sounds like someone calmed them down, out there."

She does seem to be right. You figure someone would've at least gotten them shouting if they were going to do anything.

You're not sure what there is to find out, Shes a bitch.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #547 on: January 29, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »
>Peek outside with CAT CHEN

Chaore

« Reply #548 on: January 29, 2010, 12:20:16 PM »
>Peek outside with CAT CHEN

You have CAT CHEN go outside and take a look.

CAT CHEN sees that there is a group of people outside discussing things, but it appears AKYU is in the group, explaining and calming things.

She comes back and gives HUMAN Chen a purr to let her know things are fine outside.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #549 on: January 29, 2010, 12:38:28 PM »
>@CAT CHEN go outside and use some kind of cat gesture to ask AKYU to come in.

>Ask Akyu how are things outside.

Chaore

« Reply #550 on: January 29, 2010, 12:46:37 PM »
>@CAT CHEN go outside and use some kind of cat gesture to ask AKYU to come in.

>Ask Akyu how are things outside.

You try to get CAT CHEN to get Akyu to come in. It appears to be rather hard without the capability of speaking. She does pick you up and pet you though, and that feels pretty nice.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #551 on: January 29, 2010, 01:27:21 PM »
> Hop out of her arms, turn to Akyu and meow, and then run into the school.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #552 on: January 29, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »

I think it's all about the parser's personal preference. Parser dislikes character ---> character gets punished and cursed at for absolutely no reason.

> @Keine: "Reimu has once been a child too, you know. She has also once needed support growing up. She needs to have lived in the village at one point, right? The Hakurei Shrine is not a place for many residents to live in. Maybe her mother worked there while her father raised her in the village, before she got further trained by her mother. Reimu was intelligent. She needs to have learned to read, calculate and more from people besides her parents. She needs to have gone to school, living in the village at one point. These girls might have more education than Reimu ever had. I think they are all more than capable of performing the task. The new maiden won't be completely alone either. Reimu's friends and her familiar Genji are all there to support and teach the new Maiden. It isn't as impossible as you think."

EDIT: "And you know, Reimu couldn't fly or use magic at first either. She had to bounce an orb around to get things done. And even then she could take down the Angel of Death. When she got Genji she could defeat enemies without the giant orb, defeating them with simple amulets, despite having hardly any powers. It wasn't until her teens when she learned her own abilities, and even then she had already beaten a ghost, an archmage, an evil scientist, the Angel of Death and the Goddess of Makai. With the little spiritual power one begins with, one can do amazing things."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:37:20 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #553 on: January 29, 2010, 05:26:54 PM »
With the little spiritual power one begins with, one can do amazing things."

Indeed. "Sips tea"

> Make CAT CHEN meow and use a head gesture to make Akyu follow you into the school.

Chaore

« Reply #554 on: January 29, 2010, 09:07:15 PM »
> Hop out of her arms, turn to Akyu and meow, and then run into the school.

> Make CAT CHEN meow and use a head gesture to make Akyu follow you into the school.

Cat Chen tries to lure Akyu into the schoolhouse, and most of the mob murmur and such, before she does head in after Kitty Chen.

She arrives in time for your shpiel.

I think it's all about the parser's personal preference. Parser dislikes character ---> character gets punished and cursed at for absolutely no reason.

> @Keine: "Reimu has once been a child too, you know. She has also once needed support growing up. She needs to have lived in the village at one point, right? The Hakurei Shrine is not a place for many residents to live in. Maybe her mother worked there while her father raised her in the village, before she got further trained by her mother. Reimu was intelligent. She needs to have learned to read, calculate and more from people besides her parents. She needs to have gone to school, living in the village at one point. These girls might have more education than Reimu ever had. I think they are all more than capable of performing the task. The new maiden won't be completely alone either. Reimu's friends and her familiar Genji are all there to support and teach the new Maiden. It isn't as impossible as you think."

EDIT: "And you know, Reimu couldn't fly or use magic at first either. She had to bounce an orb around to get things done. And even then she could take down the Angel of Death. When she got Genji she could defeat enemies without the giant orb, defeating them with simple amulets, despite having hardly any powers. It wasn't until her teens when she learned her own abilities, and even then she had already beaten a ghost, an archmage, an evil scientist, the Angel of Death and the Goddess of Makai. With the little spiritual power one begins with, one can do amazing things."

>Letter From the Author: I've heard a lot of questions about how I chose the fate of the characters in CDO. I'll say honestly, they're not at -all- based on my personal preference. For example, while I'll admit I'm not a fan of Eirin and Kaguya, the idea of them being sent to space seemed more fitting for their fate. I killed off a lot of characters I -do- like as well, and while I'll admit Remilia isn't exactly the nicest vampire, I definitely painted her out as a bitch because I liked the concept of how her power worked, and how it'd save Patchouli, not because I dislike her. This definitely applies to Keine as well, despite the harsh treatment shes given, its all flavor. In fact, Keine is one of my more favorite characters. The school teacher was just the perfect match for the role.

Keine shakes her head. "I guess you haven't really heard much of Reimu's past. I... Well, Let me explain.

Reimu Hakurei was born to the previous Hakurei Shrine Maiden on *Bzzt*. Her mother was at that point, sickly and frail. Her father was a random man who left her mother after 'becoming the priest' of the Hakurei Shrine. I've not been able to trace his history, but I'd like to think he was eaten by a youkai. Genji mostly looked after Reimu as a child, and around a full year later, her mother passed away without ever speaking to her daughter. Being the only remaining Hakurei, the shrine's duties were instantly passed to her. She literally had to act as a conduit of faith for the entire border at the age of 1, she literally had to learn how to handle massive amounts of faith channeling through her before she talked or walked.

The closest thing Reimu had throughout her life to a family was Genji, and even then, the two were rather distant. Genji mostly taught Reimu everything she knew. She didn't even know there was a human village until she was seven, and by then she could read and write well. She didn't really leave the shrine much before Remilia acted up, and even when she did, chances are it was for extermination. Even after, she didn't stop by the school too often. I did start teaching her a while after the moon incident, but she mostly made me walk up to the shrine.

These girls, in contrast, have lived happily without fear of youkai, most knowing their parents, and completely sheltered from the practices of how to kill a youkai in twenty different ways with a toothpick. I'm not sure how many of them would ever actually adjust well. The shrine requires a lot of maintenance, and while you are all there to help whoever goes... Its a huge burden to put on their shoulders. I'm not sure if its even right to put them through this, necessity be damned."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #555 on: January 29, 2010, 09:13:51 PM »
> "Hah...  This situation keeps getting trickier and trickier..."

Chaore

« Reply #556 on: January 29, 2010, 09:23:56 PM »
> "Hah...  This situation keeps getting trickier and trickier..."

Keine nods. "Yes. I admit this is mostly my own fault though... I just... This is a tough thing to ask me to throw children into. I get they won't be alone, but... Basing everything on a child, It just doesn't seem right."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #557 on: January 29, 2010, 09:29:13 PM »
>"Well, let's worry about it later. There's other things to deal with, like that thing that got in you. And why the lake's all magicked up."

Chaore

« Reply #558 on: January 29, 2010, 09:31:45 PM »
>"Well, let's worry about it later. There's other things to deal with, like that thing that got in you. And why the lake's all magicked up."

You already finished the lake part, you solved that getting Mackette! It was never polluted, just colored.

You mention it anyway.

"The lake...? Ah, that thing though... I have no idea about it, but I think we've seen it is definitely with hostile intent. I don't want to think about what could happen if there were more than one of them."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #559 on: January 29, 2010, 09:36:40 PM »
> "But anyway, what do you think of the current state of affairs Akyu?"

Chaore

« Reply #560 on: January 29, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »
> "But anyway, what do you think of the current state of affairs Akyu?"

Akyu crosses her arms. "I think it is hard to gather any information locked inside of a barrier. This can't be truly healthy for the village."

Keine sighs, as if an argument that has erupted many times is repeating. "Akyu..."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #561 on: January 29, 2010, 10:36:31 PM »
> Interrupt the oncoming argument. We still have some important matters to discuss.
> "I can see Akyu agrees with the removal of the barrier. It would indeed be healthier. Former Gensokyo was going so well because humans and youkai had conflict, it stimulated the growth and ability of both humans and youkai. And the youkai are still pretty much seperated. To fix Gensokyo, we all need to live harmony again."
> "Fine, a child wouldn't really work as a Shrine Maiden. So either we need a baby, which I doubt anybody would abandon to the youkai, or an teenager or adult. Basically someone who could fend for themselves mostly. A Shrine Priest could also be a possibility, but I think a girl could more easily communicate with the mostly female youkai population."
> "We also need to keep an eye out for people acting 'out-of-character', or suddenly gain massive powers. If we purge the parasites from them, we need to try and catch one. Let's look at possible infectees: Suika's mood shift is caused by depression, so she's out, but Wriggle's power boost and Marisa's vengefulness..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #562 on: January 29, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »
>And HER murderous impulses.
>Suika's depression may well be a symptom, we'll not rule it out yet.

Chaore

« Reply #563 on: January 29, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
> Interrupt the oncoming argument. We still have some important matters to discuss.
> "I can see Akyu agrees with the removal of the barrier. It would indeed be healthier. Former Gensokyo was going so well because humans and youkai had conflict, it stimulated the growth and ability of both humans and youkai. And the youkai are still pretty much seperated. To fix Gensokyo, we all need to live harmony again."
> "Fine, a child wouldn't really work as a Shrine Maiden. So either we need a baby, which I doubt anybody would abandon to the youkai, or an teenager or adult. Basically someone who could fend for themselves mostly. A Shrine Priest could also be a possibility, but I think a girl could more easily communicate with the mostly female youkai population."
> "We also need to keep an eye out for people acting 'out-of-character', or suddenly gain massive powers. If we purge the parasites from them, we need to try and catch one. Let's look at possible infectees: Suika's mood shift is caused by depression, so she's out, but Wriggle's power boost and Marisa's vengefulness..."

Keine nods with a sigh. "I... I think I'll take this up formally with the others in the village. I'd have to anyway, and it'll make things easier."

Hina raises a brow. "Suika? Depressed? Damn, who'dve thought it hit her so badly... Wriggle I heard gained a lot of power, but it could be natural. Marisa is... Well, I suppose seeing her might make sense."

>And HER murderous impulses.
>Suika's depression may well be a symptom, we'll not rule it out yet.

You think this last part to yourself.

Has everything been done by these parasites, all along? Was everything ruined by these insignificant curses?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #564 on: January 29, 2010, 10:46:38 PM »
>Decide It would be kinda nice if you could just uncurse HER and make things better. Still wouldn't explain why it happened before, though.
>"So, what are you going to tell 'em about yourself? And us?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #565 on: January 29, 2010, 10:49:48 PM »
>Decide It would be kinda nice if you could just uncurse HER and make things better. Still wouldn't explain why it happened before, though.

> But even if Yukari gets uncursed, she might get cursed again soon enough. We need to find the true culprit behind all this, and finish this all at the source! Assuming the parasites stay alive thanks to their master, they would all die out once the master is slain.

Chaore

« Reply #566 on: January 29, 2010, 10:59:22 PM »

It really would be kind of nice, but you're not sure yet anyway. Something tells you subduing HER wouldn't be as easy as sticking Keine in the ground.

Keine rubs the back of her head. "I'll tell them the curse caused me to transform, I suspect they're shocked by the fact you were there, and that I was transformed during the day, but you were brought in by Hina, and you didn't just kill me. I'm sure they'll understand."

> But even if Yukari gets uncursed, she might get cursed again soon enough. We need to find the true culprit behind all this, and finish this all at the source! Assuming the parasites stay alive thanks to their master, they would all die out once the master is slain.

You think this is probably the best course of action, but tracing the master will be difficult...

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #567 on: January 29, 2010, 11:03:57 PM »
Yay! We don't need to kill Yukari anymore! Though the true culprit might also be a lovable character, and that one will need to kick the bucket...

> Follow Akyu and take a look at the village assembly.

EDIT: > Also, swallow your pride and say Keine you're sorry for pile driving her....and marking a nine on her head....

Chaore

« Reply #568 on: January 29, 2010, 11:22:35 PM »
> Follow Akyu and take a look at the village assembly.

> Also, swallow your pride and say Keine you're sorry for pile driving her....and marking a nine on her head....

You figure you're done and ask Akyu if you can go with her to the big honcho's place. She shakes her head. "Unfortunately, No. They're not much for letting anyone except representatives in on meetings. I'm sure Keine can bring it up given your connection to the meeting, when it occurs, though."

You'll never apologize. That felt too damn good.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #569 on: January 30, 2010, 12:13:51 AM »
>Ponder if Mackette the Knife is having any luck on her assignment.
>Look to Hina. "Well, I guess the next step is figuring out if anyone else cursed or possessed or whatever, I guess, until we can figure out where it came from."