Author Topic: Unusual application of ability  (Read 10217 times)

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
Re: Unusual application of ability
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2016, 08:50:21 AM »
Daymn dats nasty, ethic & moral dood, remember?

Luna Child, Heavy Metal in your room

Luna & Sunny, safe exhib*tionism play

Edit : I just forgot to post this line, totally not because i just realized it now,
The effort you put into the act is all that matters
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:03:22 AM by MANoBadAssGar »

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2016, 05:48:53 AM »
Ironically, Patchouli would excel at wilderness survival. 

? Finding water?  Obviously solved by water magic
? Starting a fire?  Fire magic, of course.  Or focused sun magic if you want to show off.
? Building shelter?  Use earth magic to turn the ground into a hut, or wood magic to make a literal treehouse.
? You never know when you need a knife, and you always have one with metal magic.
? Finding food?  Some wood magic will determine where something safe to eat is, or simply turn bark into sugar.  (Also see below.)
? Dangerous animals, or people?  A direct blast with pretty much anything works as an attack spell.  Great for hunting, too.
? Need a map of your surroundings?  An earth/wood spell should do the trick, earth/wood/water if there?re creeks or rivers.
? Need to know where your surroundings are?  An earth/moon/sun spell should make a functional GPS.

That should work for a start.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2016, 03:31:09 AM »
Ironically, Patchouli would excel at wilderness survival. 

? Finding water?  Obviously solved by water magic
? Starting a fire?  Fire magic, of course.  Or focused sun magic if you want to show off.
? Building shelter?  Use earth magic to turn the ground into a hut, or wood magic to make a literal treehouse.
? You never know when you need a knife, and you always have one with metal magic.
? Finding food?  Some wood magic will determine where something safe to eat is, or simply turn bark into sugar.  (Also see below.)
? Dangerous animals, or people?  A direct blast with pretty much anything works as an attack spell.  Great for hunting, too.
? Need a map of your surroundings?  An earth/wood spell should do the trick, earth/wood/water if there?re creeks or rivers.
? Need to know where your surroundings are?  An earth/moon/sun spell should make a functional GPS.

That should work for a start.

What if those spells require materials, though? I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to find all the materials needed in a survival situation. Or maybe not, I don't really know (I'm not a magician.)

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 05:49:55 PM »
Iku would be the best meteorologist ever.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 11:52:09 PM »
Junko using her ability on Suika's gourd would set up an unlimited supply of pure ethanol.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2016, 07:48:40 AM »
The thing that gave sake it taste is the little bit though.

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2016, 02:27:20 AM »
What if those spells require materials, though? I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to find all the materials needed in a survival situation. Or maybe not, I don't really know (I'm not a magician.)

If you mean material components for the spells, I don't think Patchouli would have that problem; she doesn't seem like a D&D/Pathfinder kind of wizard.

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2016, 02:51:08 PM »
Yuyuko can kill mosquitos without using her hands (I guess)

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2016, 05:49:36 PM »
If you mean material components for the spells, I don't think Patchouli would have that problem; she doesn't seem like a D&D/Pathfinder kind of wizard.
Magicians explicitly require material components - it comes up all the time.

Marisa needs a source of light and heat to power her Master Spark - normally this comes from her mini-Hakkero, but in Fairy Wars when she was just joking around she attacked Cirno with a Spark powered by a flashlight.
There's also a manga chapter where Marisa hunts for Water Dragon Scales(?), which she says have a strong water affinity and would let her cast ice magic even in summer.
Marisa even says that the reason so many magicians have weak bodies is because they spend all their time working with toxic substances as part of their experiments.

Now, for actual combat, Patchouli seems to rely mostly on grimoires she created ahead of time. Likewise for Byakuren and her scroll. Alice appears to own a powerful grimoire but mostly relies on dolls stuffed with gunpowder. As a human, Marisa isn't capable of creating grimoires (just Let's Plays that she calls "Grimoires" as a marketing gimmick).

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2016, 06:44:46 PM »
I imagine Yukari just steals food from Yuyuko via gaps.
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.