Author Topic: ZUN's next book: Symposium of Post-mysticism  (Read 17631 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Re: ZUN's next book: Symposium of Post-mysticism
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 10:50:23 AM »
Kakashi Spirit News? Then that means.... we're some articles written by Hatate? Hohohoho I'm so looking forward to this.

Calling it now: Aya and Hatate write very nasty articles about each other.

Spoiler:
or since ZUN loves to gutpunch fanon, they'll be writing love letters to each other.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 11:03:52 AM »
Momoji's article is about how much canon Aya thinks she is too serious, my guess.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »
I speak on the same page as most of us when I saw this was something we certainly needed what with all the new stuff out and little (canon) info about to help us along. That all said, I can safely say that this is one of my first times actually getting excited to see another work from Touhou. Which is good.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Angelfire

• Oh, you can't help that.
  • Mostly everyone's mad here.
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 12:26:19 PM »
Spoiler:
or since ZUN loves to gutpunch fanon, they'll be writing love letters to each other.

Spoiler:
ZUN can be almost as bad as Hussie at times. This could very easily turn out to be one of them.
Without beginning or end

The ring stretches on into the infinite.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 02:41:17 PM »
Spoiler:
ZUN can be almost as bad as Hussie at times. This could very easily turn out to be one of them.

I see them in a tie at destroying fannon.  :derp:
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 04:16:29 PM »
The book would do nothing on the fanfics. Because dark tewi remains dark tewi. We'll just have less speculations (I think/hope) on their behaviour powers if we try to make it canon.

2012 is a good year until now!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 06:20:40 PM »
2012 is a good year until now!
It's not 2012... yet :P

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2011, 03:44:04 PM »
Or better yet, confirm them. >:D

iirc only this needs to be confirmed :V

http://www.mediafire.com/?jlmej3ow2lt

if Touhou Tag Dream would be confirmed, for example, I would dislike Shou and Marisa so much. Except (as a forever novice programmer something) I see "if" differently, in that I haven't actually given much thought regarding the sentence itself :p

More importantly, can't confirm fanon if fanworks often contradict themselves :V   And more canon material (when done in a not-so-much restrictive manner) would actually help fanworks.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2011, 04:04:16 AM »
I think people mean "most common Fanon" when they say Fanon. Though even then you have characters like Mokou who jump all over the place in fanon.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2011, 09:47:55 AM »
I think people mean "most common Fanon" when they say Fanon.
Not really, when I mean fanon it is basically fan-made up characteristic behaviour of any kind. Common or not.

Also, the way ZUN puts Touhou into canon. We all know he never answers or gives 100% info on the universe of gensokyo. We all know that when you don't have 100% answers, you start making up your own facts/believes. Because that way it remains more interesting. Would be boring to see a Touhou girl X being fully explained with no room for own thoughts.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 12:04:08 PM »
Actually I think Fanon would be helped by this book. After all a few more paragraphs to explain Ichirin could always be helpful to the creation of new Myourenji doujin.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »
It's nigh impossible for any creator to fully explain every aspect of a character to the point where there's nothing left for fanon to interpret or play with, anyways. Heck, truthfully, after Cage in Lunatic Runagate, a lot of characters have been more fleshed out than most RPG characters even after you include official written works within that RPG, yet there's still tons of ways for fanon to interpret and flesh things out more with.

Granted, the fact that no one dies in Touhou and the "storyline" consists of incidents that get resolved rather than one major story being concluded helps things a bit, I guess.  Hard for fanon to write a post FFVII fic that includes Sephiroth and Jenova without some sort of contrived ressurection thing when Sephiroth and Jenova are dead, or to further explore Cloud's character when he's character-developed out of a lot of his flaws throughout the FFVII storyline.  .....not that that stopped Squaresoft from doing it (they just... went ahead with the contrived ressurection and ret-conned the character development anyways)

(as an aside, Touhou actually does have minor character development, but not to the point where a character at the beginning of the story is 100% different from the end.  But that's off-topic from my original point)

ZUN could write an entire novel and there still would be room for the fanon to play with things.  Heck, JK Rowling wrote 7 and yet the fandom still goes wild with Harry Potter.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:01:45 PM by Tiamat »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2011, 06:57:08 PM »
Um, he doesn't need to actually do much in order to change canon and shatter fanon. You saw what a few side comments in Double Spoiler did to Momizi and Aya's canon relationship, right? He didn't need to write a whole novel for that.

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2011, 10:33:58 PM »
That... wasn't really my point. My post was about a completely different subject in this thread than the one you're referring to.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2011, 12:15:41 AM »
Haha, how did we get to the topic of a religious war in a world full of magic and monsters? Seems out of place to me.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2011, 12:47:46 AM »
Not really. Considering Gensokyo is host to the proverbial 8 million gods, not to mention the keystone of the realm is a shrine maiden, religion is a pretty big issue in Gensokyo (not to mention the monsters of mythological origins as well). This has especially been the case since Kanako tried to take over in MoF, which has indirectly led to Buddhism and Taoism sprouting back up. Heck, it's almost as if the past four games have been leading to the subject of this book. I can't wait to see how ZUN develops things from here~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sality

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2011, 01:45:48 AM »
Looking at the brighter side, I am very excited to know more about my favorite characters (i.e Sanae, Parsee, Nazrin, and Seiga). For example, Sanae; I've been speculating here and there in regard to her background, with references to Little Girl series by Personal Color; I just hope what's written in Sanae's entry wouldn't contradict what's implied by it too far.

But if the worse case scenario becomes true, then someone please bury my corpse under a cherry tree.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:49:20 AM by Sality »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2011, 08:08:58 AM »

But if the worse case scenario becomes true, then someone please bury my corpse under a cherry tree.
Only if you promise that your ghost won't steal spring one day.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 12:36:25 PM »
You think Momiji will finally get a full body artwork?  The closest she's ever got to artworks are cameo appearances in the mangas.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »
She featured in Double Spoilers, so we can guess a yes. But knowing ZUN being the biggest troll, you'll never know.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2011, 03:23:29 PM »
You think Momiji will finally get a full body artwork?

Of course she will xD

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »
Finally, Akyu info on Koishi <3
I'm actually looking forward to that, too, but for a much broader reason. There have been a handful of characters that simply don't have enough info to elaborate upon who they are and fandom around these characters hasn't provided me with much/enough input for me to feel strongly about them. I'm also looking forward to reading positive stuff on the characters I enjoy and characters I don't so that it helps me think of them in a more positive manner,
Spoiler:
aaaaand maybe a bit more fuel for the few I loathe.
You think Momiji will finally get a full body artwork?  The closest she's ever got to artworks are cameo appearances in the mangas.
Nyu? Yeah, I like when the mid-boss or side characters get some love.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:27:00 PM by Freddyne »

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2011, 04:28:44 PM »
Nyu?[/url] Yeah, I like when the mid-boss or side characters get some love.
The link you posted doesn't work.

Also, what if Tokiko is featured in that book, and her real name is revealed?  Probably won't happen, but it's still fun imagining that!  Imagine the amount of fan arts showing her celebrating the revelation of her real name!

What if ZUN decides to call her Tokiko, thus making that name official?  Well, that happened with Koakuma...  On the side note, Daiyousei isn't actually that fairies name, but the species name.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:31:17 PM by game2011 »