Author Topic: Pokemon Gold & Silver remakes confirmed!!  (Read 38448 times)

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
Re: Pokemon Gold & Silver remakes confirmed!!
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 08:39:51 PM »
One thing I don't like about the system is everyone can unrealistically use potion to free max heal whenever, I barely do it since it feel like cheating  >:(

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 01:24:45 AM »
They should make it as (nintendo) hard as Moemon FireRed. Sweet Jesus, that was the most evil pokemon-esque game I've ever played. I actually got lost in the Viridan Forest. The Viridian (fucking) Forest, I tell you.

EDIT: But, to be fair, Pokemon IS supposed to be geared towards kids anyway. So yeah, kid level difficulty and all...

You played the Kichiku Moemon FireRed, which was purposefully designed to be THE hardest Pokemon game. I never finished it because it is extremely hard to get through the Seafoam Islands to reach Cinnabar.

Go play Gold/Silver Moemon... sample from me

One thing I don't like about the system is everyone can unrealistically use potion to free max heal whenever, I barely do it since it feel like cheating  >:(

"unrealistically"

Actually this is a standard in all the Pokemon games.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
  • PM me for hot cyber action.
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 01:29:11 AM »
You played the Kichiku Moemon FireRed, which was purposefully designed to be THE hardest Pokemon game. I never finished it because it is extremely hard to get through the Seafoam Islands to reach Cinnabar.

"unrealistically"

Actually this is a standard in all the Pokemon games.
Eheheh you sound funny.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 01:45:31 AM »
I saw discussion about AI in these games and I remember in my traumatic replay of Pokemon Red (as in how I spat on all those hours of grinding I did 10 years ago and beat the Elite 4 my first try with an underleveled team), Koga's last Weezing used Explosion on me. Great job. >_> And how in my Yellow version Gary's Flareon never uses anything but quick attack.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 01:56:44 AM »

Huh. Really now? I didn't even know the patch went up that far (my current one is stuck at Fushia City). I'll have to find another one then.

I find it more 'annoying' than I do cheating. Although, what seems to piss me off the most is the computer's way of using heal items; You're about to finish off some guys pokeyman then the next thing you know *Oops Full Restore!* Now you have to go through the entire process again. The only way to really remedy this is to outright kill them in one-shot before they ever have a chance to know what the hell you just shot at them (which can be done).

Also, shouldn't we be discussing the good stuff about this remake rather than what pisses us off about Pokemon in general? Oh wait...this is the internet. Nevermind then, carry on.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:03:40 AM by Hakutaku Erebus »

shinyjam

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 09:05:48 PM »
Saw the trailer, starter pokemon can follow you again!

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 06:18:28 PM »
^ I just realized how awesome that is... Having a 7'7" Feraligatr following you around would be a killer sign of your status in the Pokemon world.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 12:37:00 AM »
^ I just realized how awesome that is... Having a 7'7" Feraligatr following you around would be a killer sign of your status in the Pokemon world.

How I would GIVE to have a Snorlax follow me and see if they can FIT through the pokemon center

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

shinyjam

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 12:55:15 AM »
How I would GIVE to have a Snorlax follow me and see if they can FIT through the pokemon center
Snorlax takes 2x2 square, pokemon center door is 2 square, should works. Would have to put it back in the ball before going to narrow places though.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 01:45:25 AM »
what about the Gold/Silver Snorlax, it is AWESOMELY big.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 02:02:32 AM »
what about the Gold/Silver Snorlax, it is AWESOMELY big.
Do they have sprites for every pokemon!? o_O

shinyjam

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 02:04:44 AM »
It's still unconfirmed if there will be for all instead of starter.

Anyway, 

I remember someone said the girl suppose to be hot... >:(

Drake

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 04:12:58 AM »
She is. You just haven't seen the right art.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 07:52:04 PM »
Time to be party pooper.

I used to play Pokemon way back when there was red and blue.  Then when silver and gold came out, I got that too.   After that, the series just seemed to repeat itself with some new Pokemon and some new moves but same adventure though a slightly different looking place.

So I'm going to ask, what appeal does Pokemon have the third or fourth time?

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 08:03:03 PM »
I enjoy the challenge of getting every single one... Especially the thrill of struggling to catch legendaries.

Drake

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 09:36:09 PM »
Third gen sucked ass, and I'm pretty sure most everyone can agree. 4th gen is actually pretty good. Unfortunately the only way to attract attention was to cram in fifty million legendaries, but it's worth it. 2nd was the best though. The best.

But it's pokemon. It's the same thing with a new region, new pokemon, new moves, new gameplay gimmicks and new other gimmicks. You're not really expecting too much, I hope.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

shinyjam

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 10:30:17 PM »
You're not really expecting too much, I hope.
Maybe is the idea that no one will expect too much out of it that made it sold well.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 10:38:39 PM »
So basically I'm supposed to lower my expectations to enjoy a game?  *cough*

So yeah, looking into this, the market appeal type basically works that they can release two generations of Pokemon games for ever generation they target (the little kids), thus it works on a continual chain that never wears out because they keep getting new buyers in.

Regardless, the series does have merit, but needs to change a lot more between the games.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 11:07:29 PM »
So basically I'm supposed to lower my expectations to enjoy a game?  *cough*

So yeah, looking into this, the market appeal type basically works that they can release two generations of Pokemon games for ever generation they target (the little kids), thus it works on a continual chain that never wears out because they keep getting new buyers in.

Regardless, the series does have merit, but needs to change a lot more between the games.
It needs to be DARKER...

And EDGIER.

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 11:33:36 PM »
they need a game thats truely based on the pokemon special manga...

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 11:36:27 PM »
they need a game thats truely based on the pokemon special manga...

True

Last April Fool day I forged a fake news on the Chinese Forum Saying they will do a Pokemon Special Yellow Version, and oh god lots of people actually fell for it.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 11:46:24 PM »
Third gen sucked ass, and I'm pretty sure most everyone can agree.

But it's pokemon. It's the same thing with a new region, new pokemon, new moves, new gameplay gimmicks and new other gimmicks. You're not really expecting too much, I hope.

Wait a minute... How can 3rd gen be so bad if you say so yourself that each Pokemon game is the basically the same thing?!.
Also, I strongly disagree with you. 3rd gen is my favorite. >:(
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:53:52 PM by Chainsaw Guitar »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2009, 12:28:43 AM »
3rd Gen would be Ruby and Sapphire right?

I have no qualms with each gen but it get's older and older and older-er with every gen, so that's why i stopped.

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2009, 06:29:39 AM »
Time to be party pooper.

I used to play Pokemon way back when there was red and blue.  Then when silver and gold came out, I got that too.   After that, the series just seemed to repeat itself with some new Pokemon and some new moves but same adventure though a slightly different looking place.

So I'm going to ask, what appeal does Pokemon have the third or fourth time?
Truth be told, I lost interest when Ruby and Sapphire came out. That was primarily because they felt like a step back from Gold and Silver. So I'm really looking forward to these, as they had some of the best features, and just a nice huge feel thanks to having two games worth of content.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2009, 07:50:34 AM »
Third gen sucked ass, and I'm pretty sure most everyone can agree. 4th gen is actually pretty good. Unfortunately the only way to attract attention was to cram in fifty million legendaries, but it's worth it. 2nd was the best though. The best.

Third gen AI didn't suck ass, it is the best actually.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2009, 02:50:15 PM »
just coz my friend asked me to cos one of these..

http://www4.atwiki.jp/hitec/pages/50.html

shinyjam

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2009, 02:58:40 PM »
Lol Boy version this time...

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2009, 03:05:40 PM »
Will they balance them a bit better? I was always pissed off that over half the Pokemons had shitty stats (after evolution of course).
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2009, 10:41:01 PM »
Third gen AI didn't suck ass, it is the best actually.

He wasn't referring to the AI, just the games as a whole. Weird, because 3rd gen brought us FR/LG, which is miles better than the original R&B, (unless you're wearing the nostalgia goggles of course.) and Emerald, which is the only 3rd version that's actually worth the purchase, as it's a much bigger improvement on the original 2 versions than Yellow, Crystal & Platinum.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:42:53 PM by Chainsaw Guitar »

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2009, 09:17:50 AM »
The AI... isn't really that good, actually. In Pokemon games, you're always using super effective moves against every trainer in the game. In fact, doing that will bring you through the game right away!

Even if one part seems unbeatable (I REALLY doubt this, but it can happen if you use repel on every one of your steps and dodge every trainer), strategy can still be used to win the game. Or just plain grinding at your nearest high-level wild pokemon point.

For an example of how how abusable the level of AI is, check Kaizo Pokemon. For anyone who does not know what's this, its basically a rom hacking Pokemon Emerald to be as hard as the Mario series of the same name (Kaizo Mario World). Probably by the same creator, though.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4388040

And, if you haven't, you should watch it. It's entertaining and epic. Like the Mario series.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy