Author Topic: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 7 ※ for Danmakufu version 0.12m [Closed, read last post!]  (Read 184034 times)

Re: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 7 ※ for Danmakufu version 0.12m
« Reply #900 on: January 06, 2016, 03:40:07 PM »
Hi, whenever I start danmakufu, the game will start at a very fast pace. As such, I am unable to play the game properly. Help please?

Drake

« Reply #901 on: January 07, 2016, 07:59:56 AM »
This can happen when there are no frame limits on the game. Vsync is one such limit, modern Windows' desktop window manager is another, so having no vsync enabled from your graphics card and playing in fullscreen can cause this.

Download the vsync patch and follow the instructions. Basically grab vpatch.exe, vpatch.ini and vpatch_th_dnh.dll from the rev4 folder and put it into your game folder, and run vpatch.exe.
https://mega.nz/#!w8NBxTxC!dt4Yg8Ci-I5sbAbu56SB2v9Zmjdp6zq23lG_EVsblzc

If it complains about UPX compression, download this th_dnh.exe and replace your current one.
https://mega.nz/#!dh8QgAyQ!BzuU-iW6LZ8i_InSAV_ccukzkK3HCeasYctnAOIflNo

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #902 on: January 07, 2016, 02:18:48 PM »
I should add that to the FAQ imo. Will work it tonight.

« Reply #903 on: January 25, 2016, 05:51:39 AM »
Hello, whenever I start Embodiment of Scarlet Hair, the game crashes. However, I'm able to play other games perfectly fine. Help please?
The download link I got for that game can be found in the description of this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixO1sF3HBG0

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #904 on: January 25, 2016, 03:48:21 PM »
Hello, whenever I start Embodiment of Scarlet Hair, the game crashes. However, I'm able to play other games perfectly fine. Help please?
The download link I got for that game can be found in the description of this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixO1sF3HBG0

Are you using AppLocale? Also, did you unzip the file in Japanese Locale? If not, you may have broken filenames.

« Reply #905 on: January 25, 2016, 04:34:26 PM »
I unzipped the folder and changed name from the weird symbols to Macdonald. I then placed it into the script folder in danmakufu 0.12m and tried using Applocale on th_dnh.exe and vpatch.exe and.....it didnt work. There is this ???_??.txt folder in the Macdonald folder which Im thinking is the root of the problem(?)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #906 on: January 26, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »
You shouldn't rename anything or alter the files. As Sparen mentioned, you need to handle the zip with Japanese character support. If you don't know what any of this means, please google for unzipping in Japanese local or handling files with JP characters. It is bit difficult to explain it all here since partially it is OS dependant as well.

When you get errors during unzipping, it means you need to unzip it with Japanese Locale support (think 7zip does this?)

If you managed to unzip, run 0.12m with AppLocale > Japanese. In the FAQ/tutorials it is shown how to do this.

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #907 on: January 26, 2016, 06:36:09 PM »
I think I should mention now that Applocale as far as I have tried it does not work on Windows 10 systems. Because of that, I have been using an alternative called Locale Emulator which seems to have all of the functionality of Applocale plus more.

Perhaps adding that to the FAQ would be a good idea, as Applocale seems to be dying off with the advent of Windows 10.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #908 on: January 26, 2016, 10:09:49 PM »
I think I should mention now that Applocale as far as I have tried it does not work on Windows 10 systems. Because of that, I have been using an alternative called Locale Emulator which seems to have all of the functionality of Applocale plus more.

Perhaps adding that to the FAQ would be a good idea, as Applocale seems to be dying off with the advent of Windows 10.
That is perhaps a good thing to add to the FAQ.

What was the last OS that worked? 8.1?

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #909 on: January 30, 2016, 04:40:09 AM »
That is perhaps a good thing to add to the FAQ.

What was the last OS that worked? 8.1?
That was the last one that worked for me, but I'm not even sure that it always worked even on that version.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #910 on: April 26, 2016, 06:18:24 PM »
Thread has been closed. Please read the important notice here in the new general Q&A thread for danmakufu