Author Topic: Let's Tour MotK Fanworks Listing - Now Complete! Second post: Library Catalogue  (Read 257530 times)

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
Hell yes, the final sign of progress.

Well, it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next one~

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Also merged the whole Operation Thunfisch thread into this one as part of the PSL-history :3

Aya Squawkermaru

Hm... so tempted to record myself singing "I'll make a librarian out of you", but I'm having trouble with the tempo since librarian is kind of four syllables longer than man. Aside from that and a few, less glaring tempo issues, it's totally doable.

Dead Princess Sakana

Aside from that and a few, less glaring tempo issues, it's totally doable.
Of course it's doable. I already did it after all :V

Aya Squawkermaru

Of course it's doable. I already did it after all :V

Wat

How did I missed this

Dammit me

Edit: *listens* ...Yeah I still feel like recording this, even I don't post it here. Because it would be fun.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:42:24 PM by Squawkers »

Glad to see all our work finally paying off.

Congratulations to everybody involved in the project, and a big thank you to the rest of PSL!

Dead Princess Sakana

Yeah I still feel like recording this, even I don't post it here. Because it would be fun.
You should still post it, exactly because it's fun :3

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

• OKAY THEN I'M A LEGAL AIDE
  • AND ERIN BROCKOVICH IS MY NAAAME
I am amused at the summary of Thirty-Eight Bs.

But yes, fantastic work, all~
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
Edit: *listens* ...Yeah I still feel like recording this, even I don't post it here. Because it would be fun.
Whaa? You're not posting it? No fun :<...

Squawkers!
Let's post our version of the "I'll make a librarian out of you"!
*points one hand to you then excitedly flails the other*
I challenge you! >w<

(I-I'm not forcing you though. It's still up to you to post it or not, of course >-<. This is just me g-getting hyped over voice-recordings :ohdear:...)

----------
Also merged the whole Operation Thunfisch thread into this one as part of the PSL-history :3
Awww~<3 >////<

Hnn......Now where's the librarian fic for this? >:3
Erm...N-not to sound too demanding :ohdear:
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Aya Squawkermaru

Squawkers!
Let's post our version of the "I'll make a librarian out of you"!
*points one hand to you then excitedly flails the other*
I challenge you! >w<

... :colbert:

No, you know what? Challenge freaking accepted.

...Now, I just need to find time when nobody is in the house because seriously to work this out and record and stuff. Go go crappy 15-year-old voice! :V

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
:* N-ngwaaah, I'm s-so excited!!
*is his first time bravely challenging someone, even if not an idiot Hierarchy type of challenge >//////<*
I-It'd be a great pleasure to challenge! >w<

...Now, I just need to find time when nobody is in the house because seriously to work this out and record and stuff. Go go crappy 15-year-old voice! :V
Doing the same here, waiting for my fellow workmate to sleep >////<...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 05:58:07 PM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

Oh, guys, by the way, Imperfect Metamorphosis is still updated on ff.net.
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

Dead Princess Sakana

The Fanworks Listing gives you the status of the works that are here on the forum, with a small few exceptions where the threads contain links to the stories being hosted on another site (some of UD's and Tengukami's works). We're not gonna monitor if works are posted on ff.net or wherever and if they are still continued there or not.  If the author wants to promote that they put their work on some other site, they can do it themselves, we're not gonna do it for them.

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

Oh, 'k, just assumed from one of the librarians asking to summarize a story continued on ff.net. The link's included in the OP...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:53:18 AM by JackMackerel »

Dead Princess Sakana

I don't think you understand how summaries work. The point of them is to give the reader a rough idea what the story is about, usually going from the premise set in the first few chapters the author posts. For the work you are talking about, I see three posts with story, that is more than enough for a summary. Furthermore the status is given as "In Progress", and the link to ff.net is in the OP. If the summary makes a reader interested in the story they will easily be able to get to ff.net and continue reading there. There is literally no problem here.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Introduction courtesy of Stein.

Chaos.

As ever, discord courses through the land as structures build up long ago feel the ever gnawing tooth of time.

Bridges fall.

Cities disappear.

Civilizations become more extinct than the bloody Dodo bird.

But, as long as there are warriors or order, be they of good or evil alignment, there is hope.

Hear ye, hear ye!

All you who wander these lands lost without hope of finding your path, the call is being sounded for you to take up your ink imbued sword and aid us in the reconstruction and reinforcing of the grand library's fanfic listings.

The grand scribes Sakana and Ruro ask for volunteers, old and new, up to ten men or women, young or old, strong of mind, willing of hand, and joyous of heart, to aid in cleaning up a mess most uncouth of this grand establishment.

Aid us in filing the new stories that have not yet been sorted into the system, so that future generations may understand what the flying monkey fluffs each person put down on paper.

Hear ye, hear ye, ye who would aid. Leave your message here, or leave the grand scribes Sakana and Ruro a personal message, and allow their minds to be freed from at least an ounce of the stress that causes them so much pain that they become beings of undeath if exposed to it too long. Aid us, one, aid us all!

The work will be thus, that you will be send a list of literary works to read, and briefly summarize and categorize, so that it may be in line with preestablished norms and standards, as outlined below.

Code: [Select]
[b]Name: [url=web address of the fic goes here]title of fic goes here[/url][/b]
[b]Author:[/b] author goes here
[b]Status:[/b] is it ongoing, on hiatus, or what?
[b]Genre:[/b] Primary genre, ##secondary genre-- use your best judgment on this
[b]Summary:[/b] Summary goes here

Genres currently present and used are those of Action, Adventure, Drama (includes Tragedy), Romance, Slice of Life, Comedy, Parody, Crossover, Mystery and Suspense, Poetry, Short Story Collections, and Miscellaneous and Other. We ask that you adhere to these genres in your listings as best as possible.

The current list of victims loyal subjects working on this project:
Sakura Rurouni
Sakana
Tack
Stein
Donut
Iced
Roukan
Sect
ReedRizer
Ii Ii
Capt.h
Squawker

Thanks to all ye who would hear these words.

-----

Alternate, less purple prose-y version:
We're just going to update our grand old catalogue of stories here in Patchouli's Scarlet Library, and while we do have some devoted librarians, they just can't do it alone.

So we're asking anyone who would like to pitch in to sign up and give us a hand. We are hoping for a few volunteers, but no more than ten, since that makes work distribution unwieldy and gives Sakana headaches.

So for those who would like to help, please post here. After we get ourselves more organized, the work that needs to be done will get organized into preliminary lists and sent to the volunteers, who will then send back summaries in the style of the current listing. Check that link to see how the summaries work in practice.

Currently we have as main genres Action, Adventure, Drama (includes Tragedy), Romance, Slice of Life, Comedy, Parody, Crossover, Mystery and Suspense, Poetry, Short Story Collections, and Miscellaneous and Other. Try to use those main genres as the primary genres, if you can.

Thanks for supporting us so far, guys! Please sign up or pass the message on.

Re: PSL Call to Arms - Library Catalogue Cleanup Drive
« Reply #376 on: May 21, 2012, 05:22:39 AM »
I offer my services to the Library once more. I will be available as soon as I get home on Monday night.

Von Stein

• Just some insane airhead.
  • What's this newfangled stuff?
« Reply #377 on: May 21, 2012, 05:23:50 AM »
My brain needs rest from Umineko and my soul needs rest from its inner demons. Sign me up for this community service if you would. It might just whet my appetite to write again. I am around IRC mostly, so just kick my can there whenever necessary. And here too.
Can't think of a good signature.
More lilies maybe?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #378 on: May 21, 2012, 05:28:08 AM »
Ooh, rest from inner demons and reading? Sounds like fun. Sign me up! o>
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #379 on: May 21, 2012, 05:28:46 AM »

Across the winds of time, the faint clash of battle sounds.  It echos across the universe.

In a small room a lone figure sits.  It is old, older then planets, yet still young compared to some that surround it.  It hears the sound and it's eyes open, then narrow.  Once again she is called to war.  Her sword once again will flash in pursuit of truth.  And while she knows that atop the hill of victory there is nothing to be found, she feels an eagerness.  For is this not her purpose?  It is a story.  Perhaps not a strong story, but a story that needs to be told.

And truly her existence is made of stories.

It is time.  She closes her book, then rises to her feet, summoning her weapons to her hands.  She turns to follow the summons.  To face foes old and new.

As she leaves a smile crosses her face.

"I wonder if they're be ice cream after~!" the Iced Fairy muses happily as she wanders towards the lounge.

I'm in.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #380 on: May 21, 2012, 10:43:51 AM »
It comes.

At first you see nothing, but there's a feeling that something in the Library pool is watching you. Eying you like you'd glance at a slab of meat on the dinner table. You cautiously take a step away from the water, but the presence moves to follow you.

By now you can hear your heart pounding in your chest. You can't help but feel that whatever's in the water wants to do unforgivable things to you. You try to run, but sheer terror has left you caught in your tracks. Your legs are like the roots of a tree, grounded and unshakable.

The monster emerges from the depths. Tanned skin. Tufts of black hair. A killer's smile. She cracks her neck as she walks towards you, hunched over and ready to pounce at any moment. The machine around her neck swirls its water across her gills. Even on land there's no escape.

You go cold. You try to scream, but your voice is gone. She creeps towards you, never looking away, never letting her twisted grin falter for an instant. Four feet between you. Three feet. Two. One-

"Jozu!"

And suddenly the feeling fades. The predator flinches as a voice perks up from the side, suddenly looking like a guilty child. The voice's owner steps forward, shaking her head as she approaches the shark.

"I thought you promised not to scare the librarians anymore! Don't get me wrong, the fairies are free game, but what if there's a job for me to do?"

Jozu frowns. She looks down at the small music player on her waist, still playing the Jaws theme.

"Spoilsport."

She turns it off, and stomps back into the water. Her master sighs as she turns to you.

"Sorry about that...she gets a little twitchy if I don't write about her for a while. So what's up?"

tl;dr - Count me in.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #381 on: May 21, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »
What is the difference between Miscellaneous and Other? And is there no need to add Erotica to the genres?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #382 on: May 21, 2012, 12:40:53 PM »
Miscellaneous and Other is one category. The full name as Kilga made it back when he sorted stuff by genres is: Miscellaneous Stories and Other Works
From what I see we have stuff like COYAs, fake-Wikis, Reviews etc. stuffed in that category.
As for Erotica, that might be worth considering, though I'm not sure how many of those stories we have actually. NSFW is obligatory to be mentioned in the summaries though, of course.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #383 on: May 21, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »
Ah, OK. That does make sense.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #384 on: May 22, 2012, 03:52:08 AM »
Pretend that I'm doing something witty to say that I'm in'ing.

« Reply #385 on: May 22, 2012, 10:18:19 AM »
Transported to an unknown world without mercy...
What did you do to me!?
His life forever changed, all he can do is keep moving
*coughs* JUST WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE ME DO, REIMU!?
Survive or die...
Now he will have to tap into the power he never thought he had, to save this land
My name is Yukiko, and you pissed off the wrong black man!  I'm in, all go, NO QUIIIIIIIT! :)

Ibaraki Ibuki

• The Forum Fool
  • Happy Horned Hermit
« Reply #386 on: May 23, 2012, 01:25:38 AM »
Is there room for one more heroic librarian? If so, count this humble soul in.
Some of Master's sayings:
Nothing happened, but that's still an extra.
Yesterday was not special; tomorrow will be.
Strange and romantic is the fate.

Joveus Molai

• Bear the Word, and the Word will bear you.
« Reply #387 on: May 23, 2012, 03:17:53 AM »
I would offer my services once more, but I'm afraid that I am and will be a bit busy with job hunting to participate. :fail:

Godspeed, good librarians, brave bookworms all of you.  :ohdear:

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #388 on: May 23, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »
Sign me up.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #389 on: May 23, 2012, 05:34:24 PM »
Alright, that makes ten people to actively work on the summaries! And with that, recruitment is closed!
Thanks for everyone that offered their help!

Now I'm gonna take the next few days to put together a list of all the works we have to summarize, then I'll split it and send everyone a list of their share. After that, it's time to read and summarize until you either lose your soul or finish your list!  :]
Estimated time for the lists is the coming weekend.