Author Topic: Pokemon Go: Looking Silly In Public For Pokemon  (Read 70386 times)

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
Re: Pokemon Go: Looking Silly In Public For Pokemon
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2016, 04:09:31 PM »

This is the spookiest Pokestop.

There's berries and aigs in there.
This is sooo death metal.

At times I really wish I had a smartphone, just to have a curious stroll around my rural area and see what comes up. Oh well.
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2016, 04:40:02 PM »
Someone took my gym with a Gyarados  

I don't even know how you could do that with whaling.  I've never even seen a Magikarp in our area.  Maybe I should visit one of the lakes for a day this weekend.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2016, 04:42:14 PM »
Slow drive is probably how most people are cheating the egg game.

Cars, unsurprisingly (because they were also op in ingress) are the best cheat tactic. Which is unfortunate for so many reasons.

This.

Why use a car when you have a fan? This is what I mentioned earlier. This is almost the best possible method, bar remote accessing a drone with your phone attached to it. Which has also been done, for the record.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2016, 04:44:36 PM »

I don't even know how you could do that with whaling.  I've never even seen a Magikarp in our area.  Maybe I should visit one of the lakes for a day this weekend.

It's possible to just actually flat out catch a Gyarados, but rare. This way you don't have to waste 400 candy on evolving, and just use it to level the Gyarados.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2016, 04:56:45 PM »

Local Wailord (who I've been told by multiple people is actually hatching his eggs legit, albeit with ten incubators, which is actually really good to hear because he's horrifically out of shape and that's really cool) apparently has 200 Magikarp Candy. No idea how.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2016, 05:14:38 PM »
Local Wailord (who I've been told by multiple people is actually hatching his eggs legit, albeit with ten incubators, which is actually really good to hear because he's horrifically out of shape and that's really cool) apparently has 200 Magikarp Candy. No idea how.

I'd believe it - on my first day of playing the local movie theatre was spawning a Magikarp every 5 minutes with a lure on it.  If someone were to live near a similarly advantageous spawn point, 200 should be fairly easy just from getting 4 candy per catch+transfer every time.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2016, 05:45:24 PM »
I saw a Moltres on the poke tracker at work yesterday. I never found it ;_;

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2016, 05:58:10 PM »
I saw a Moltres on the poke tracker at work yesterday. I never found it ;_;

Wait wut. Nobody has eva done that, in the history uv Pokemon GO!
Seriousness though: Are you sure it wasn't a Fearow? Because you might just get to feel even worse about not finding it. Nobody has found a legendary yet.

« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2016, 06:20:15 PM »
Apparently this is a thing that exists for people who need more pokestops in their area.

It currently doesn't work right now since they're full on requests, but something to keep in mind incase the situation changes, maybe.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2016, 06:38:36 PM »
Yeah, they're always full with this stuff. As a matter of fact, they almost never go through new requests, that's how bogged down they are.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2016, 06:43:09 PM »
Apparently this is a thing that exists for people who need more pokestops in their area.

It currently doesn't work right now since they're full on requests, but something to keep in mind incase the situation changes, maybe.

This seems more like reporting existing ones for various reasons, actually. Not adding new ones.

Why use a car when you have a fan?

Not tying your phone to a ceiling fan like an idiot, holy shit?

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2016, 06:44:14 PM »
Not tying your phone to a ceiling fan like an idiot, holy shit?

Variable speed.
It doesn't matter how slow it is, if you're leaving it overnight.

Drake

« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2016, 06:50:04 PM »
To note, there's been analysis on terrain+climate done and some things are very likely to spawn certain types of pokemon. Being near some bodies of water is correlated to water type pokemon, so lots of Magikarp isn't that unexpected.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Chaore

« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2016, 06:54:33 PM »
Variable speed.
It doesn't matter how slow it is, if you're leaving it overnight.

I'm really tempted to just repeat what I said because that does like nothing for the overall fact that is the stupidest idea.

And now just brings up 'or you just drive 15 km while hitting pokestops and do one better during the day'.

This is like, the pettiest, smallest, dumbest way to break your phone over a phone game dude.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2016, 07:34:32 PM »
Is it just me or has the game worsened a LOT in the last 36 hours? Aside from a bunch of connectivity problems, it takes 15-20 seconds on average to load PokeStops (which is usually enough time for you to walk out of range so you actually have to STOP and wait for it to load) and in my 4km walk earlier today I lost like 4 out of 5 catches to the freeze-on-shake glitch. It's never been this bad to me. I know Germany and the UK got the app recently, but is this happening to everyone?

To note, there's been analysis on terrain+climate done and some things are very likely to spawn certain types of pokemon. Being near some bodies of water is correlated to water type pokemon, so lots of Magikarp isn't that unexpected.
RIP desert dwellers. The only Uncommons in my vicinity and work are Growlithe, Sandshrew, Mankey, Ekans, etc. with NO water types. Arcanine mirror matches are the worst thing.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:38:05 PM by BT »

Chaore

« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2016, 07:36:05 PM »
Is it just me or has the game worsened a LOT in the last 36 hours? Aside from a bunch of connectivity problems, it takes 15-20 seconds on average to load PokeStops (which is usually enough time for you to walk out of range so you actually have to STOP and wait for it to load) and in my 4km walk earlier today I lost like 4 out of 5 catches to the freeze-on-shake glitch. It's never been this bad to me. I know Germany and the UK got the app recently, but is this happening to everyone?

That was happening to me a lot yesterday, yeah.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2016, 07:44:22 PM »

For me it's been worse than yesterday, but better than the worst it's ever been. In particular I've been having the game freeze up on capture A LOT, and once I had it stop loading new things and had to reset to see any Pokemon or Pokestops or gyms.

Gym battles have been playable but glitchy. Doing better than a one-for-one seems to be impossible since whenever I KO anything the game backs up for a while after the second Pokemon comes in and I end up eating like ten simultaneous attack and instantly dying.

RIP desert dwellers. The only Uncommons in my vicinity and work are Growlithe, Sandshrew, Mankey, Ekans, etc. with NO water types. Arcanine mirror matches are the worst thing.

Hmm, we don't have any of those. I don't know what counts as an uncommon, but I'd guess ours are Jynx, Magikarp, Krabby, Nidorans (?), and Tauros. We have no fire types at all and very few rock or ground (nearby college has Geodudes though).

« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2016, 07:45:23 PM »

Stops have been fine for me, and this is with my crap phone that can't technically run the game and has GPS problems under trees or roofs.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2016, 07:50:31 PM »
Hmm, we don't have any of those. I don't know what counts as an uncommon, but I'd guess ours are Jynx, Magikarp, Krabby, Nidorans (?), and Tauros. We have no fire types at all and very few rock or ground (nearby college has Geodudes though).
Uncommon == not Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Meowth, Zubat. :V

I mean, I actually had to wait a long time before I found Weedle/Caterpie, so even some of the 2km-to-hatch group mons can be no-shows according to region I guess.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2016, 07:51:41 PM »

I got freeze-on-shake once after the update, and PokeStops load just fine when I'm not in a car. The big issue for me is Gyms. All the models and stuff will unload while the Gym display is loading, which takes more than a couple seconds.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2016, 07:54:35 PM »
apparently in-line skating to hatch is a bad idea. You're going to fast for it. Did a 5km route and checked my eggs > 0km added. Fuck this.

also these are Pokemanz Trainers in my park where there are 8 poke stops in total scattered around.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2016, 07:57:53 PM »

I mean, I actually had to wait a long time before I found Weedle/Caterpie, so even some of the 2km-to-hatch group mons can be no-shows according to region I guess.

We have no Meowths at all.

Then add Venonat (common), Drowzee (common), Bellsprout (uncommon) and Gastly (rare). I'm told downtown there are uncommon Goldeens and rare Lapras, but I have yet to confirm.

We've also been observing Weedle being much more common than Caterpie and Pidgey much more common than Spearow.

« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2016, 08:00:06 PM »

Weedles are semi-uncommon here, and Caterpie I only see like every other day for some reason. My neighborhood is a rather neatly built one with lots of grass, so it's odd that it's more of one one but not the other. I've only witnessed a Meowth on a car trip somewhere and didn't even get close enough to try to catch it, so I have no idea where that could spawn.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2016, 08:07:18 PM »

I find all of those on a daily basis, but I rarely see Eevees, Ghastlies, or Water-type Pokemon. I'll see a Poliwag once in a blue moon at beaches, and sometimes I'll find a Magikarp on the freeway.

Drake

« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2016, 08:27:13 PM »
Weedles way over Caterpies and Pidgeys way over Spearow here.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2016, 08:33:35 PM »
Ratata, Weedle, Pidgey and Sparrow most from where I live.

Occasional Beedrill, Pikachu (caught today), Squirtle from here.
Meowth is little 20m ahead of me.
Growlith too 20m ahead.
Onix 30m (caught him today)

I'm running into pretty much a lot of types here.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2016, 09:41:41 PM »
Somehow caught a goldeen and staryu at work where there were 0 bodies of water nearby.

I do have 2 pokestops on the way to work and 3 back. May have to hit them up regularly since I'm getting low on balls.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2016, 10:00:02 PM »
Just another hour before I can hopefully collect from multiple gyms... Probably going to get knocked out of all of them at the last second, we'll see.

Ratata, Weedle, Pidgey and Sparrow most from where I live.

Occasional Beedrill, Pikachu (caught today), Squirtle from here.
Meowth is little 20m ahead of me.
Growlith too 20m ahead.
Onix 30m (caught him today)

I'm running into pretty much a lot of types here.

~Oh~

I want Onix!

Somehow caught a goldeen and staryu at work where there were 0 bodies of water nearby.

I do have 2 pokestops on the way to work and 3 back. May have to hit them up regularly since I'm getting low on balls.

I keep seeing Staryus off in the distance but they never get too close somehow.

We have a fair number of water types on land here. Maybe because there's a river running through town? Or might just be a quirk of the way Pokemon are generated.

« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2016, 11:30:32 PM »
Pokemon Go is getting frustrating because everytime I try to catch a pokemon it keeps freezing. It did it five times in under twenty minutes. Missed out on a Squirtle and Horsea because of it.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2016, 01:50:00 AM »
Main downside of having a secret gym in the woods: I can't use Toasty Boy (Toasty Boy is my Flareon) for anything until someone finds and beats it. After taking like four days to find my first Eevee I was raking in the Eevees all day, so I have plenty of Eevee souls to feed him. And the cash bucks to bribe him to eat them for once since I have gyms paying out for the moment.