Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted to Touhou When... #9: Phantasm. of Flower View Edition  (Read 127265 times)

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
I was playing EU4 as Qing.

I noticed Uesugi fell to rebels, and a new daimyo was installed. Guess the name.

In Eastern order, Kitashirakawa Norihiro.

I'm too occupied with being reminded of Chiyuri to notice that Uesugi isn't even ruled by an Uesugi anymore.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
In the MMOTPS Warframe, there's a quest called "The Second Dream."

It's got huge spoilers on the origins/nature of the player character(s), but what I can tell you is that the Moon gets involved.

Naturally, I was wondering what a Warframe/Touhou crossover would be like, with Yorhime and the other Lunarians... Something. I don't know. But I was thinking about it.

Cirnouli K.

• Hax Sign「YOU JUST PLAIN F-ING LOSE (Unlimited Perfect Freeze)」
  • Yet another fairy lover
When your go-to name for all intents and purposes is a combination of your two favorite Touhou characters.

Even if at one point you had a cringe-y combo-character of the same name.
Eye'm the strongest! - Unknown Ice Fairy, 20XX
Cirno is my spirit animal.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
Now that Touhou has gotten me somewhat interested in Japanese mythology, I did some research on mythological creatures.
Everytime I see a creature which doesn't yet have an appearance in an official Touhou work, be it the games or print works, I'm trying to work out a human teenage girl design for them...

Also, about 80% of the music library on my mobile are Touhou soundtracks.

:V
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Also, about 80% of the music library on my mobile are Touhou soundtracks.

:V
100% of the music library in my phone is Touhou. EVERYTHING IS TOUHOU

including fan games, fan remixes, ZUN games, ZUN remixes, ZUN music discs, PC-98, the whole bunch.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

There is danmaku... INSIDE MY HEAD!
I literally can't stop thinking about cool bullet patterns everyday.
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
https://youtu.be/cn--CCq-rmU?t=11m35s
The enemy's name in the lower right corner is "Inaba."
Guess who I thought of?

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
There is danmaku... INSIDE MY HEAD!
This is me, the first few months I played Touhou.

When you, without even realizing, whistled Touhou songs while riding motorcycle. For you information, I do tried not to.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

Neptune

• :D
  • kms
whenever I'm playing a kirby game, and I use beam kirby, the first thing I think of is Clownpiece!  :derp:
i like cute stuff

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
I have not paid attention to it much in the past, but I recently realized that one of my cats look like Orin in her cat form (even though my cat is male).
I just know what I know...

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
Kanako must have secretly installed a music player in my brain with Nitori's help. If my mobile's outta battery or I'm unable to listen to music in certain situations, random Touhou themes just start playing inside my head. Especially given the current situation at the Euro 2016 football tournament, my head can't help it but give me earworms of Pure Furies and Little Princess all the time.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
When you're looking at something on deviantArt, look at the "More from DeviantArt" section, notice something that looks like Patchouli (which is made a bit more difficult because it's one of those art summary things*), so, naturally, you click on it and see that it was in fact Patchy. It's funny because it is actually artwork made for that card game that Moogs made. Would have been funnier if it turned out it wasn't, but whatever.

*(for reference this is how small it was: http://i.imgur.com/P9vfGtb.png in the bottom right corner)

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
This morning I saw an advert for a product called "Patchun" or something. I don't remember what it was though.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Shadow1176

• Garden of Death
  • Reaper
I was on a college visit, looked around and saw "no pcb" on a power tower or source of some sort. I couldn't stop feeling sad that I never made it to Youmu...
That time, is breakfast time!
My Fanfiction Profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2752493/Shadow1176
My Deviantart Account: http://shadow1176.deviantart.com/

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
Ever since I got into Touhou music, my ears always kept getting full of earwax every month or so. Disgusting it is but it's the truth and consequences of hearing Touhou music 24/7.
Better post:
I wanted to download a software to change the log in background image. But when I opened it, I found a very surprising image that comes along with the software.

To make sure though, I'd have you try it for yourself. It maybe just me.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 03:07:09 AM by Hannibal_Kills »

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Tribow

• pichuun
Every single time something bad happens I blame a touhou character or ask one for help.

oh look at that, new gifs
(I apologize if I made you constantly reload)

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
^^^

When I spend half an hour refreshing, just in case RNG made me miss one.
EDIT: omg i missed one and it appeared when i posted

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
I just realized that the collective nouns for umbrellas in my language are literally called 'Feet'. Literal translation: "A feet of umbrella."
And you know the rest...

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
When you start using bullet hell thinking to navigate through large groups of people.
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
I'm in Okinawa at the moment, and I visited Kouri Island.

I read it as "Kourin Island" at first.

Still, when I got the name correct, it didn't stop me from thinking about Ib, but that's another story.

AzyWng

There's a game on Steam called "Fistful of Frags."
One of the most powerful weapons in the game is the Colt Walker.
And it can be dual wielded if you can get two.

I was thinking of some kind of spell card about the Walker or at least the revolvers, which would have the six bullets spinning around near the boss, and disappearing in a shower of sparks with each shot the boss made.

I also thought up of names for the spell cards.

"Gun Sign - Lethal Revolution"
"Revolver + Infinite Ammo Sign - Eternal Revolution"
"Dual Colt Walker - Walk the Walk"
"Dual Colt Walker + Infinite Ammo Sign - The Long Walk"

EDIT: There's a game called "Gentlemen Dispute."

The objective is to knock off your opponent's hat.

One of the buttons is used for attacking, but while this button is pressed, a stopwatch (possibly a pocketwatch) appears. That made me think of Sakuya.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:37:37 AM by AzyWng »

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
I played that game too. Awesome enough to be in a Wild West battlefield, don't forget the duels too.
I've read about the Dolls in Psuedo Paradise story one night. Then the next few days my teacher asked anyone in the class to tell a folk story to everybody. I volunteered myself and I told the story. It took a while to explain this and that but it was F'ing worth it. Still they hadn't knew Touhou though.

One time I am some classmates go to the park, and one of them is picking flowers I literally shout out "Don't pick the goddamn flowers You are making our ancestors homeless!'And everyone is looking at me like 'U wot m8?'XD

Tribow

• pichuun
I can't shutup about touhou help

oh look at that, new gifs
(I apologize if I made you constantly reload)

AzyWng

So I was taking a practice SAT test at an SAT camp earlier today.

One of the answers to the multiple choice questions was 9 (which was later shown to be the correct answer). Additionally, I have a tendency to circle my answer to emphasize it.

I wound up circling 9 and immediately thought of this.

In VSbattle forum, I identify myself as a Touhou purist, mostly only joined the thread with Touhou in it.

AzyWng

Took another practice SAT test today. In the reading section one of the passages mentioned a "Satori Generation".

Guess who I thought of?

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
I dunno if this is the right place but I recently challenged myself to read what Touhou-haters gotta say for us.

Spoiler:
I regret cracking my Emotional Skyscraper. T^T

Hmmm where did you read this Emotional-Skyscraper-Cracking stuff, now I'm curious :D

Also, when A buch of your computer memory is dedicated to Touhou :D