Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted to Touhou When... #9: Phantasm. of Flower View Edition  (Read 127281 times)

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
My mother just came into my room and gave me quite the lecture based on my performance lately.  Needless to say, she reminded me of Eiki Shiki.
I just know what I know...

LinkyFW

• That one guy that loves Touhou but is terrible at it
  • Who the hell do you think I am!? Dont answer that.
My mother just came into my room and gave me quite the lecture based on my performance lately.  Needless to say, she reminded me of Eiki Shiki.
So... you are sleeping on the job and not taking the souls across the river? Acting like a certain person I know..?
Touhou 10 MoF Normal : 1cc! Beaten!
Touhou 6 EoSD Normal : 1cc! Beaten!
Touhou 7 PCB Normal : 1cc! Beaten!
Touhou 8 IN Normal : 1cc! Beaten!
Many left to go...

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Well, I do sleep quite a bit and am known for being rather lazy at times.  Oh my, you're right...

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
It doesn't make much sense the they wouldn't like Touhou, because Touhou is a "Bullet Hell" and I guess CoD is a "Bullet Hell" because people are shooting their guns making bullets go everywhere!!
Hahahahahaahha!
Ok I'm sorry, I'll stop.  :ohdear:
Naw, man! The reason they don't like Touhou is 'cause it's so cute and pretty!
It doesn't fit in with "Manly Men" like them, ha ha ha!

But to be honest, in today's society (at least here in 'Murica), where both women and the LGBT community get a lot more respect and love than they did twenty or even ten years ago, ideas of "manliness" kind of bother me for some reason. Maybe because all the people I've seen/heard/watched/met who are "masculine" and "strong" are really rude, self-absorbed and some other third thing that means asshole without actually saying that.

Oh, also, Touhou requires a whole different set of skills than Call of Duty.
A lot of shooters I know (I don't know CoD so that may be different) are about putting yourself in the right position, then quickly and rapidly taking down your enemies through the means that are most suitable in the current situation. (Although I doubt the people you described have enough psychological self-awareness to think hard enough to do that. They probably get all their kills from sudden rushes of blood to the head and pressing of the fire button.)
Or you could just spam the noobtube or charge with the knife or employ whatever popular yet hated strategy is floating around right now.
Touhou is about both patience and reflexes. More than just not panicking at a flood of bullets worse than every one of India's monsoon season rainfalls combined, it's about memorizing how the bullets fall, where there are gaps in the pattern, and then acting accordingly.
The closest thing to unskilled play that still works is constantly using the bomb key whenever you're close enough to graze a bullet, and bombs are fairly limited so that strategy falls flat pretty quickly.

So when you think about it like that, it makes perfect sense.

Everytime i watch something in cinema i crossover it with touhou.

LinkyFW

It doesn't fit in with "Manly Men" like them, ha ha ha!
Your full reply was good and made plenty of sense. Thanks for shedding some light on this situation. Makes things a bit more understandable.

I recall some of them liking anime so that's how I grabbed their attention, (I KNOW TOUHOU ISN'T AN ANIME DON'T HATE ME lol)  so I don't that was exactly the main problem... (Not saying that Manly Men can't watch anime!) It was probably JoJo's Bizarre Adventure that they watc-- HAHA! YOU WERE EXPECTING A FULL FLEDGED REPLY? BUT IT WAS ME DIO! WAIT, I MEAN SAKUYA!  :V (WWWWRRRRRYYYYYY!)
Many left to go...

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
I recall some of them liking anime so that's how I grabbed their attention, (I KNOW TOUHOU ISN'T AN ANIME DON'T HATE ME lol)  so I don't that was exactly the main problem... (Not saying that Manly Men can't watch anime!) It was probably JoJo's Bizarre Adventure that they watc-- HAHA! YOU WERE EXPECTING A FULL FLEDGED REPLY? BUT IT WAS ME DIO! WAIT, I MEAN SAKUYA!  :V (WWWWRRRRRYYYYYY!)
Bloody hell XD...

A friend of mine (a girl) caught up in Touhou because she liked the anime-looking fanarts. So, nobody's gonna hate you for using the same reason after all.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
I in fact got into it for more or less the same reason.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
Anyway...

I was in Spanish class today, and the teacher was talking about the subjunctive form.

One of the words she used for an example was "haber", which was "haya" when conjugated in the yo form.

Guess who I kept thinking about.

Also, how do I put in spoilers? FIXED: See below.

Spoiler:
The letter "H" in Spanish is said "ah-che" on its own (like when part of an abbreviation), but when in a word, it's silent (hombre is said "ombre", for instance). So "haber" was "aber" and "haya" was "aya".
The rest is straightforward.

EDIT: Thanks Hannibal! Now I can put the trick to the joke! There wasn't a template or button for spoilers, so I just wondered.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:50:27 AM by AzyWng »

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
Also, how do I put in spoilers?

Code: [Select]
[spoiler]Whatevershityouwannasay[/spoiler]^That's how it's done...

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES

Guess who I kept thinking about.

I thought of Saber...

Anyway, TV Tropes likes to use "Alice and Bob" as examples. Needless to say, every time I am on TV Tropes, I imagine Alice Margatroid doing things, which can get pretty strange.

I am often on TV Tropes, which says a lot.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

AzyWng

I thought of Saber...

Ah, you have no idea how Spanish works, do you amigo? :P

Well, in any case, the spoiler contains the explanation behind the joke.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
Ah, you have no idea how Spanish works, do you amigo? :P

Well, in any case, the spoiler contains the explanation behind the joke.

Indeed, I don't know of this "Spanish" thing.

I'm only an English and Chinese speaker, so yeah. And a little German, but not enough.

Also, my English class can never talk about Romeo and Juliet without me thinking about it in Touhou characters. Marisa as Romeo, Alice as Juliet, Byakuren as Friar Lawrence, Reimu as the Prince (and Orin as Tybalt).

EDIT: I was washing my hands. My faucet has a circle in the middle that is red on the left (hot water) and blue on the right (cold water). I thought of Eirin.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:37:20 AM by LawfulInsane »
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Anyway, TV Tropes likes to use "Alice and Bob" as examples. Needless to say, every time I am on TV Tropes, I imagine Alice Margatroid doing things, which can get pretty strange.
You and me both.
EDIT: I was washing my hands. My faucet has a circle in the middle that is red on the left (hot water) and blue on the right (cold water). I thought of Eirin.
I haven't run into this, though. Even though I have one of those.

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
When you legit squeal upon learning a character that's not even your favourite becomes playable again, and any Touhou news is exciting, and you sign in just to announce this. :blush:
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

AzyWng

At the bottom right of the video, you can see that the enemy's name is "Fujiwara".

Of course, he's just a mook who happened to confront the player, but it still made me wonder...

When you're sitting in an exam and you have some arranges that you listened while studying replaying ad fucking nauseum in your head while trying to remember facts.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
When...

"Is that so?"

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Rumia, get out of... Whatever anime that is!  Heh, I'll bet she doesn't even have ten fingers.

In English class, we read a story where the main character is a woman who was locked in her room, which caused her to go mad.

And speaking of anime characters who look like Touhou characters...

Need I say more?

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
High School DxD... God why you remind me of that. T^T

Also, seems like Touhou soundtracks have become my 'sleeping pills'.

A teacher at the school I work at just had a daughter...named Marisa (the single "S" spelling in Touhou and not the two "S" spelling I've seen on other people).  I know both spellings are legitimate ways to write the name, but I had to crack a smile at the thought.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Does anybody else misread Satorl Marsh from Xenoblade as Satori Marsh?

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
Does anybody else misread Satorl Marsh from Xenoblade as Satori Marsh?
I did that while reading your sentence.

I did that while reading your sentence.

Same.  I've never gotten around to Xenoblade myself (no WiiU or New3DS) but just seeing the name made me have to look closer to see how they were different more than trying to find out what the confusion was!

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
This is probably the oddest example of Touhou addiction that I have experienced yet.  We went to the pet store to get more cat food, and I had to manage the shopping cart.  During this moment, I could not help but think of Orin.

LinkyFW

We went to the pet store to get more cat food, and I had to manage the shopping cart.  During this moment, I could not help but think of Orin.
I mean, in the end you got to feed Orin... amirite? 
Many left to go...

When you assign everyone you meet a different Touhou character to match who they are.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
I have been a Quoran for a few months and my first serious answer was this. I hope someone there would get my reference.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Yesterday, my brother showed me his team in Fire Emblem to get an opinion from me; one of the characters was named Marisa.

AzyWng

I saw a resource pack for Minecraft called "Zecraft".

Guess who I thought of?