Author Topic: [1.6.7_03] Touhou GTA Vmod - Bosh! Yet another fix!  (Read 269394 times)

Re: [1.6.7] Touhou GTA Vmod - What's this, an update?!
« Reply #240 on: March 23, 2014, 10:14:25 PM »
Thank you for the great mod, it made SA much fun.

Is there a character module for main player only? Thanks!  :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2014, 02:02:47 PM »
It is entirely possible to make one with IMG file editors, putting stock models into data/TGTASPEC.img (extra IMG file used for character module formatting).
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2014, 04:26:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I'd like to play CJ with Marisa skin while keeping default skins on other characters.

I did some trial-error since I don't have much clue about modding the character module.

So I what I did:
1. Grab latest TGTA Ver.
2. Followed installation instructed.
3. Got it worked.
4. Delete the modded folder in game folder (GTA San Andreas folder) and copy paste the default folder to the game folder. (reset to default)
5. Tested, game worked normally.
==== This is where the experiment comes in
6. Followed installation instructed, but without replacing the tgtaspec.img
7. Extracted csweet# #dff and #txd from the mod.
8. Renamed cssweet as cscarl
9. Replaced default cscarl on the game folder with the marisa cscarl.

I tested it and it freezed after the loading screen upon new game / load game.

So I,
1. reset the game folder back to default again.
2. replaced cscarl# in game folder with marisa skin.

I got another freezed graphics during the loading screen.

I tried several other approaches (removing cleo, and other add-ons removal), and I conclude that I need a hand here.  :V

I often got error performance where my mouse is freezed and the screen is overlaid by black blank page of GTA::SA, which force me to restart my computer and the whole rebooting process took me around ~13 mins. And what's worse is that, there's no error message, so it's not like the game crashes or something just need unidentified loading time. Giving the benefit of doubt, I went off to have lunch and came back but the game were still on black blank page, so yea, it freezed.  ???  :wat::ohdear:

« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2014, 05:22:14 PM »
A bit off-topic, don't mind me.. I've been trying to download this Touhou mod collection for days, and the download failed every time, right at the end. The current hosting site is sometimes problematic with files larger than 2gb. I got it to work with a stand-alone download manager, since my current internet browsers kept letting me down.

Basically, if anyone's having problems with the download, maybe try a download manager that you trust, might work. It helped me out.

Great mod collection for this game, EP , I really appreciate this mod pack.  I really like it...   :o
Thanks. :3
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:23:47 PM by NewNine »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #244 on: March 25, 2014, 01:44:44 AM »
I'm not really sure about this part:
4. Delete the modded folder in game folder (GTA San Andreas folder) and copy paste the default folder to the game folder. (reset to default)
Which folder(s) did you replace specifically?

I replicated the process and was able to get it working fine. Make sure to rebuild the archive in your IMG editor of choice after you are done editing it.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #245 on: March 26, 2014, 01:05:05 AM »
I'm not really sure about this part:Which folder(s) did you replace specifically?

I replicated the process and was able to get it working fine. Make sure to rebuild the archive in your IMG editor of choice after you are done editing it.

On that part, I deleted the GTA San Andreas Folder, this is the directory:

Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas
Then I copy paste the original GTA San Andreas folder that I've duplicated on different location as back-up, to the Rockstar Games.

------------------------------

What do you mean by rebuilding the archive?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #246 on: March 26, 2014, 04:19:12 AM »
A bit off-topic, don't mind me.. I've been trying to download this Touhou mod collection for days, and the download failed every time, right at the end. The current hosting site is sometimes problematic with files larger than 2gb. I got it to work with a stand-alone download manager, since my current internet browsers kept letting me down.

Basically, if anyone's having problems with the download, maybe try a download manager that you trust, might work. It helped me out.
An alternate mirror may be considered in the future, though perhaps at the cost of over a dozen archives to download.

Great mod collection for this game, EP , I really appreciate this mod pack.  I really like it...   :o
Thanks. :3
Not a problem, though to be fair I can't take all the credit. :P
I admittedly don't get around to GTA:SA-related stuff frequently enough, though. Hence the slow rate of updates. :V

On that part, I deleted the GTA San Andreas Folder....
Then I copy paste the original GTA San Andreas folder that I've duplicated on different location as back-up, to the Rockstar Games.
It sounds like you are replacing every file. That will definitely cause trouble.

If you are wanting to use stock cutscene models, I believe it should be possible in tgtaspec.img to delete most DFF and TXD files that begin with cs (eg. cstenpenny) EXCEPT for cscarl and maybe a few others, rebuild archive, and then run the game. The stock cutscene models in cutscene.img remain present.

What do you mean by rebuilding the archive?
Most IMG editor programs have an option to rebuild an IMG in a menu or button. Doing so is recommended after editing to ensure changes are reflected in the game.
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [1.6.7_01] Touhou GTA Vmod - Whoa! Fixes!
« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2014, 05:37:29 AM »
I don't like to double-post, but given the subject, I felt this was a better option than shoehorning it in my edit.

1.6.7_01 has been released as a hotfix for the You've Had Your Chips cutscene crash. It is quite a late release, I know, but it took a while to find out what the issue was, and my system isn't too keen on playing the game lately.
- link removed, old version -
Extract it in your GTA:SA directory.

The main full archive will be updated shortly.
EDIT: Updated the main archive. It is posted at the OP.

Unrelatedly - GTA:SA is now in the Win8/8.1 Store for US$7 - complete with WinRT/ARM, Xbox controller, and touchscreen support. I do not have that version of the game yet (though I'm certainly considering remedying that), and therefore am unable to say whether it will work with the mod in any capacity. Given the device support, however, I presume it uses code more similar to the iOS and Android versions, rather than the original PC release's.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:26:11 AM by DX7_EP »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #248 on: May 12, 2014, 01:55:42 AM »
Thanks so much for putting this together!

I don't mean to be a bother and I really hate troubling other people for stuff like troubleshooting but I've been trying to install your modpack and I have had terrible luck. I would really appreciate it if you could take a look at the symptoms I've noticed and let me know if you have an idea of what's going wrong on my end.

I'm currently running a 64-bit load of Windows 7 with service pack 1. I have the steam version of San Andreas and I make certain to set it to use compatability mode with Windows XP Service pack 2 whenever it runs. I hope I'm just being silly and missed an obvious step, but it seems like no matter what I try the game won't even display to the screen. When I attempt to start up the game I'll get 2 error messages for the bike arm fix, 5 error messages for the Camera Point fix, and then after a little bit I'll get a runtime error. I've screenshotted each error message and uploaded them to imgur in this album.

I don't think it's a hardware issue. My computer is around 4 years old but it was pretty solid build for its time and I upgraded the graphics card around a year and a half ago. I'll include some screenshots of the benchmarking software I use here.

What I did to install the mod was open the .7z file with 7-zip and copy all the files in the archive into the GTA San Andreas folder created by steam. I also put in the cutscene fix you made in the same way that I put in the main mod, but I've tried running both with and without the cutscene fix and it doesn't make a difference to my problem. Here's a screenshot of what the completed install folder looks like.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at my problem, and I really appreciate aggregating all the really cool Touhou mods into one package.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:13:27 AM by Cirno de Bergerac »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #249 on: May 13, 2014, 05:41:59 AM »
Obtain a US v1.0 executable first. Mods do not work with the default V3 executable - and I can tell you're using one just by looking at the EXE file size. :P

Also with Ivy Bridge (2012-2013) parts, system is definitely less than 4 years old. :P
Bad command or file name

« Reply #250 on: May 13, 2014, 08:00:34 PM »
It works! thanks very much! Once I put in the v 1.0 NA exe it worked like a charm.

« Reply #251 on: May 15, 2014, 12:28:32 AM »
Hey, I was trying this mod and it works wonderfully  :)

but, I got problem while I trying do "Gone Courting" misson, it crashed

can you tell me what happen?  ???

« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2014, 05:08:36 PM »
so as i DL the cutscene fix, what exactly was causing the issue?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2014, 03:58:20 AM »
Model pointer issue, basically.
Bad command or file name

Nash Fais

• The brightest light, cast the longest shadow.
« Reply #254 on: May 26, 2014, 10:29:28 AM »
Can someone help me with this? I have a problem were all the cars are locked and I don't know how to remove it.
Pwuaahh, where am I?

« Reply #255 on: May 28, 2014, 05:34:36 AM »
i get cutscenes freeze whenever i start the game, even after using save to skip the intro. The cutscene still freezes when doing missions. Please help me to fix this.  ???

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #256 on: May 28, 2014, 11:49:50 PM »

can you tell me what happen?  ???
Try using a US v1.0 executable. EU ones have not worked very well with the current versions.

Can someone help me with this? I have a problem were all the cars are locked and I don't know how to remove it.
Are you using the latest version in the OP, and put it on top of a fresh installation? I recall deleting the offending scripts.

i get cutscenes freeze whenever i start the game, even after using save to skip the intro. The cutscene still freezes when doing missions. Please help me to fix this.  ???
Post your hardware information via Speccy and give a directory listing of your GTA:SA directory, including file sizes.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #257 on: May 29, 2014, 03:47:35 PM »

I have the same problem, I'm using US.exe , and I don't know what to do...

« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2014, 05:14:06 AM »
I have the same problem, I'm using US.exe , and I don't know what to do...

I have the exact same issue, "Gone Courting" crashes on cutscene start - even with the US 1.0 exe

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [1.6.7_02] Touhou GTA Vmod - Golly! More fixes!
« Reply #259 on: June 08, 2014, 06:49:34 AM »
Gone Courting cutscene crash has been confirmed.

A fix will be provided in due order.

EDIT: Patch has been made. Commencing uploads of both append and standalone versions....

VERSION 1.6.7_02 has been released.
It addresses the Gone Courting cutscene crash in addition to the You've Had Your Chips bug (patched in 1.6.7_01). Additionally, for the patch append versions, the files have been moved to the correct directory (I have no idea how that slipped out like that....).

> Patch Download <
Standalone version for fresh install is available in the OP.

Place the file in your GTA:SA directory and extract files there, overwriting the existing content.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 12:31:59 PM by DX7_EP »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #260 on: June 09, 2014, 02:48:01 AM »
Hi

I'm having trouble wit this mod, every time I start it up and start a new game, the game would load half way then crash.
this is error I'm getting

EDIT: im also using windows 8.1

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:

GTA Info:

Version: US 1.0

Last File Loaded: CLEO\SKIN.IMG

Last Library Loaded: C:\Program Files (x86)\gta\DINPUT8.dll

Error: Unknown

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x00000000

Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Registers:

EAX: 0x04955190   EBX: 0x00000001

ECX: 0x04954F20   EDX: 0x0B9C4D00

ESI: 0x00000000   EDI: 0x00000D24

EBP: 0x00000D24   ESP: 0x0028EE54

I saw someone with a similar error and tried manually installing cleo but that didn't work. I've redownloaded the mod 3 times and that didn't work. the base game works fine though.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:58:27 AM by mr2toes »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #261 on: June 09, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »
Make sure to set compatibility settings in the EXE, and (given Win8.x's idiotic permissions in Program Files folders) set it to run as admin too.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #262 on: June 09, 2014, 05:49:17 PM »
tried that and it did not work. the game would let me into the main menu but when i try to load a new game or a saved game it would crash when the bar was half way done.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #263 on: June 09, 2014, 09:46:54 PM »
Post your hardware specifications as well, consider a fresh installation once more, and make sure to overwrite all the files. I think it's a case of the character module file not loading correctly, and that contains needed character and cutscene models.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #264 on: June 10, 2014, 02:26:07 AM »
tried the full reinstall and that didnt work

my specs are

http://pastebin.com/YwKYxSpt

Please don't make us scroll for 1000 years by posting those things directly. Use pastebin  :ohdear: -Hele
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:47:03 AM by Helepolis »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #265 on: June 10, 2014, 06:03:10 AM »
Not much use out of these aside from the usual 'update GPU drivers' kind of deal.

In ./data/gta.dat, check the lines beginning with IMG and verify that all the IMG files are present in the respective physical directories (eg. ./models/tgtaspec.img).

Additionally, install the game and mod onto another location other than Program Files or its x86 equivalent, in case it *really* is the case of Win8.x permissions being stupid. (However I have not had that happen on Win8.1 myself).

IMPORTANT EDIT!
A crash source in the Black Project mission has been found, in which if you were detected in the outside area, the game would crash.

This is caused by the AREA_69_ENTER2.cs file in the CLEO directory - detection would lock the doors, and this script (designed to keep the doors unlocked) does not like that. Solutions include (A) move or delete the file, or (B) slip by without getting caught. The file in question will be removed in the next patch/release.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:08:22 AM by DX7_EP »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #266 on: June 10, 2014, 10:06:01 PM »
yup it was windows 8.1 folder permissions being stupid. thanks for the advice, maybe you should put that on the OP in case other people are having the same problem

EDIT: so after closing it then opening it up again after a few hours it decided not to work.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:54:32 AM by mr2toes »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #267 on: June 11, 2014, 10:41:41 AM »
Sounds like an isolated incident. As for the Win8.x warning, I'll add that for those using non-Steam versions (as Steam fixes permission issues for its default directory) in the OP and the next readme.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #268 on: June 11, 2014, 04:59:03 PM »
the thing is, I am using the steam version of the game, I downgraded it to US 1.0. when I started up the mod, it would crash half way through loading. So I tried moving to a non program file folder and it worked. But after a while it started giving me errors again when I started it back up.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #269 on: June 11, 2014, 09:29:12 PM »
There isn't enough information to start addressing that issue of yours at the moment. From testing, the game did not have trouble for the most part regardless of directory, except for the case of a directly mounted exFAT-formatted volume. The game does not work well under that filesystem, though if mounted under virtual machines it worked hassle-free. :|
Bad command or file name